What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DynamiteRed] Valentina's Story Ver. 0.01 (Corruption sandbox rpg) [Patreon]

OP
D

DynamiteRed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Valentina's Story Ver. 0.01 (Corruption sandbox rpg)

Loved everything so far and the direction, my only fear is you'll fall into the trap of asking what people want to see and get side tracked trying to appease everybody, this is what stutters projects and frustrates patreons and adds stress to you.

During production hold polls with themes, but tell users to post their vote, dont ever use online polls as people IP trick them. More Pats, More Polls, More Scenes.

You've done well. But I'd consider charging every 'update'($10) as this WILL win you support, theres alot of skepticism over patreon as a cash cow lately and it's putting people off.

Im also a fan of Valentina's expressions and how messy she gets. So hope that continues.
Thanks for the good advice, payments per update seem like a good idea to gain people's trust. Glad you liked the game!

amir1337

Banned
Reputation score

Thanks for the good advice, payments per update seem like a good idea to gain people's trust. Glad you liked the game!

I'm just wondering, how long did it take for you to make the game up to this point? And when do you think you'll have patreon up? :)

lampost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I certainly enjoyed this since it plays into most of my fetishes.

I know the game is currently far from unfinished, but I would certainly enjoy more events centered around Valentina wearing her underwear or being naked outside either at night or during the day and people at her school reacting to her walking into class dressed like that. Perhaps there could also be an event where the police pick her up or her taking the subway in such a state of undress. I know you said you don't like writing non-consent, but running around like that could also lead to guys forcing themselves on her with her enthusiasm for being raped depending on her shame level. More events for getting the newspaper in various states of undress would be pretty cool since right now there's just one.

I like that Valentina's mother keeps dropping all these lines about how she used to not wear panties with a skirt or run around naked. It would be nice if Valentina managed to tempt her back into her old ways and her mother can show her the ropes or have a mother/daughter streak.

Now on to the mechanics. The energy drinks don't really serve a purpose since it's possible to get tons of horniess as your shame level drops. And they're also so expensive. The only reason I can think for buying one is if you need a certain level of horniess for an event you're trying to get right that very moment.

The mechanics for getting onto routes could be a bit more clear. The only reason I found them was by reading what to do in this thread. Also a gallery for CGs and events would be nice since it could tell you if you're missing an event and it would also allow you to replay your favorites.

But other than that you're making a great game and I look forward to the final version.

amir1337

Banned
Reputation score

I know the game is currently far from unfinished, but I would certainly enjoy more events centered around Valentina wearing her underwear or being naked outside either at night or during the day and people at her school reacting to her walking into class dressed like that. Perhaps there could also be an event where the police pick her up or her taking the subway in such a state of undress. I know you said you don't like writing non-consent, but running around like that could also lead to guys forcing themselves on her with her enthusiasm for being raped depending on her shame level. More events for getting the newspaper in various states of undress would be pretty cool since right now there's just one.

I like that Valentina's mother keeps dropping all these lines about how she used to not wear panties with a skirt or run around naked. It would be nice if Valentina managed to tempt her back into her old ways and her mother can show her the ropes or have a mother/daughter streak.

Now on to the mechanics. The energy drinks don't really serve a purpose since it's possible to get tons of horniess as your shame level drops. And they're also so expensive. The only reason I can think for buying one is if you need a certain level of horniess for an event you're trying to get right that very moment.

The mechanics for getting onto routes could be a bit more clear. The only reason I found them was by reading what to do in this thread. Also a gallery for CGs and events would be nice since it could tell you if you're missing an event and it would also allow you to replay your favorites.

But other than that you're making a great game and I look forward to the final version.
Yep awesome ideas. Also events for showing up to school/class naked or in panties or going around town naked, or even into the parents room would be great events.

OP
D

DynamiteRed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm just wondering, how long did it take for you to make the game up to this point? And when do you think you'll have patreon up? :)
The current version took me about 2 months at a break-neck pace. There were a few days where I pretty much just worked on the game for the entire day. Plus a decent amount of time was spent learning my way around RPGMaker and it's quirks. I've been unemployed for a couple months, so this is what I've been putting a large chunk of my time into.

Today I've been getting my Patreon page in order, and plan on launching it tomorrow.

*Snip*
About events related to Valentina being naked outside ... Most definitely! Otherwise what's the point? ;) I just haven't got to that point yet.

I do want the mother to play a larger role. Like mother like daughter?

I agree that the current way items work isn't right. But an emergency horniness boost was the idea behind it.

I wanted players to feel rewarded for trying out different things, which is why the scene routes are a little harder to find. However I will work on making things more clear. I'm thinking of putting a note in the dialog for example when Valentina approaches Sam's room about her shampoo. Like "(Start of Sam route)" or some such.

As far as a gallery goes ... I jumped into RPGMaker head first without a full understanding of how it all works, and as a result many of the events were created in a way that are not ... gallery friendly (I would have to remake most of them). So for now future events will be written with this in mind and at some point I'll see if I can go back and fix this.

Anyway thanks for the feedback :)

Yep awesome ideas. Also events for showing up to school/class naked or in panties or going around town naked, or even into the parents room would be great events.
Yeah, I do plan on having repercussions for Valentina's public nudity ;)

Rech

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That's a lot of surprises for a 0.01 version, took me about about 6 hours with afk.
Damn, thanks, really. Enjoyed every minute of it.

Just "shower time" gets annoying after some time.

lewtondisk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A very good surprise. I wasn't expecting much for a demo of a first game (in version 0.01)... Well it was pretty good.
Quite a lot of content already (yeah that's relative but there a good 3 hours of gameplay).

The CG looks quite good and there are some good idea. I will definitely look for future update. Keep it up!

One thing I've noticed is that Valentina's ingame character is always in her undies whatever I'm wearing. Is it a bug in my current game or if not are you planning on changing it?
Also some of the class scene are repeating, it might be better just to write a quick text saying you finish your class when there is nothing new to see. That would avoid wasting time.
Hope this help.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i had fun playing this game, linear or not with all the choices youve put into it, i couldnt tell a difference. quite a lot of content in this first version, are you going to add as much for each version?

OP
D

DynamiteRed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks guys! Valentina's in-game sprite is more or less a place holder for now. I'll see about adding a skip option for the shower.

Individual updates won't have quite as much added content as the demo if I'm doing them monthly. But I'll do my best to release updates that are substantial.

Anyway I have a Patreon page up now if you guys want to check it out:
patreon.com/dynamiteredgames

Last edited:

Xirin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Valentina's Story Ver. 0.01 (Corruption sandbox rpg) [Patreon]

Great game so far! Definitely looking forward to future updates. Hoping to see more exhibitionism scenes as well in the future! :D

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

As I am not a fan of 3D CG, at least SBPR models do look better than all of this pseudo-realistic poser stuff (or whatever they use).
So I will just dwell into game itself.

Right now I can say that using debug mode was a mistake for me. I got better stuff than I expected. Money income/values progress are balanced quite nice. She isn't breaking after 15min, so that's a nice plus.
For something that does have ver 0.01 slapped on it, there is a lot of content.

Also, looking at patreon page, 1$ for access to latest public version... Well, that's way better than hiding it behind 10$+ paywall. For me it's acceptable price for next version (though, I will wait until next update).

I do have three questions:
Do you plan to release for free or paid in the future?
If paid, won't Illusion get mad? (I have no idea personally, just curious).
Is there any plan to get drawn CG or do you want to stick with 3D?

Oh and it's nice that she isn't another case of giant tits with their own gravitational field xD

nopezetsu-san

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

congratulations on your patreon ! this game deserve to be finished so I am definitely going to be one of your petreon.

Good Luck :D

OP
D

DynamiteRed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As I am not a fan of 3D CG, at least SBPR models do look better than all of this pseudo-realistic poser stuff (or whatever they use).
So I will just dwell into game itself.

Right now I can say that using debug mode was a mistake for me. I got better stuff than I expected. Money income/values progress are balanced quite nice. She isn't breaking after 15min, so that's a nice plus.
For something that does have ver 0.01 slapped on it, there is a lot of content.

Also, looking at patreon page, 1$ for access to latest public version... Well, that's way better than hiding it behind 10$+ paywall. For me it's acceptable price for next version (though, I will wait until next update).

I do have three questions:
Do you plan to release for free or paid in the future?
If paid, won't Illusion get mad? (I have no idea personally, just curious).
Is there any plan to get drawn CG or do you want to stick with 3D?

Oh and it's nice that she isn't another case of giant tits with their own gravitational field xD
The version number is what I started the project with and never bothered to change it. A "0.1" would have been more appropriate but whatever. Just makes the demo feel like you get more bang for your buck I guess.

Yeah the debug mode is mostly for me when I'm testing the game but I figured I would leave it in there in case people wanted to play around with it. I have seen a few other Patreons charge for cheats, which seems a bit silly to me.

I am a little concerned about Illusion getting on my ass which is why the game will be released 100% free. The patreon rewards just give you access to newer versions sooner. I have seen other games use Illusion titles for CG's though so I guess we will see what happens. No plans for drawn CG's yet, and I would have to pay someone else to make them since I have no art skills. But who knows what will happen in the future.

And yeah personally I like girls with smaller or normal chest sizes lol.

@nopezetsu-san and @Tinkers
Thanks I appreciate it :) I do want more activities to do at home. I'm playing with the idea of inviting a family member out, like to the beach for example.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

glad to hear this, altho theres only a very few games i really like playing that has big breasts (lily of the valley) is one. its refreshing to see someone make a game with "smaller than average" breast size for these kind of games.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

glad to hear this, altho theres only a very few games i really like playing that has big breasts (lily of the valley) is one. its refreshing to see someone make a game with "smaller than average" breast size for these kind of games.
Yup, a lot of English based games suffer from the "all-characters-need-huge-breasts" syndrome, quite boring.
Also, if you can, you should try to use Honey Select Studio: not only it looks like the SBPR one, but it has way better light management.

muttdoggy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really really liked this game! Great job on this! :D

lampost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

DynamiteRed, since you're charging on Patreon per major update, what exactly would you consider to be a major update for a game like this?

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Glad to see another creator using Illusion poser, welcome on board :p
I shall try this to see how you implemented the models.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I am a little concerned about Illusion getting on my ass which is why the game will be released 100% free. The patreon rewards just give you access to newer versions sooner. I have seen other games use Illusion titles for CG's though so I guess we will see what happens. No plans for drawn CG's yet, and I would have to pay someone else to make them since I have no art skills. But who knows what will happen in the future.
Well... if the game is going to be 100% free then it may not be such a bad idea to look for artists that have their own patreon but aren't doing so great.
This way game itself would promote artist and you.
This could also give you much more freedom as you wouldn't have to deal with CGs...
(Damn, tbh I would go for such a deal if my artwork would be more than pure shit and I didn't have pseudo-project of my own xD)

Just don't go money crazy after patrons start to show up, I have seen it too many times :D
Personally I do have high hopes for Valentina's Story :)

Last edited:
OP
D

DynamiteRed

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yup, a lot of English based games suffer from the "all-characters-need-huge-breasts" syndrome, quite boring.
Also, if you can, you should try to use Honey Select Studio: not only it looks like the SBPR one, but it has way better light management.
I've seen screens of Honey Select and it does look better. When I started this project I think Honey Select was just getting released. I may switch over at some point, but to keep things consistent I think I'm going to stick with SBPR for now.

DynamiteRed, since you're charging on Patreon per major update, what exactly would you consider to be a major update for a game like this?

To be honest, I can't really give you a definite answer since this is going to be the first update. However this is my plan: Work on the next update till the end of November, release it, then you guys can tell me if it's an appropriate amount of content. And if it isn't, I can change to a different update schedule. I'm wary of promising things that I am unsure about, and then maybe not delivering.

Well... if the game is going to be 100% free then it may not be such a bad idea to look for artists that have their own patreon but aren't doing so great.
This way game itself would promote artist and you.
This could also give you much more freedom as you wouldn't have to deal with CGs...
(Damn, tbh I would go for such a deal if my artwork would be more than pure shit and I didn't have pseudo-project of my own xD)

Just don't go money crazy after patrons start to show up, I have seen it too many times :D
Personally I do have high hopes for Valentina's Story :)
Lol well considering the Patreon has only been up for one day I think it's a bit early, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks! I think I have a pretty good idea of what I can accomplish in RPGMaker in a reasonable amount of time, so hopefully I can stay out of some the pitfalls, like promising a million different features then being unable to create them.