What's new

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Succubus Rhapsodia

Ok, so much for my trying to be smart :(
Here's a save at a regular savepoint, the closest to the boss I think? Tested w/ base trial version, tell me if there's an issue.
Thanks, it works! :) Where do I go?

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks, it works! :) Where do I go?
To get to the final boss room from Strange's save point:

(picture walkthrough for dummies) :)
1. Head Southeast, and go down the stairs:

2. Head West, go through the door, and keep heading West to go down the stairs:

3. Go South to the 1st portal. Then East to the 2nd portal. Then North to the 3rd portal. Then Northwest-ish to the 4th portal. Then go North through the door and into the final portal.

4. Answer "はい" ("Yes") to enter the final boss' room.

New blog!

I actually got to chat with the creator a little bit on Twitter. He seems pretty surprised and happy to have overseas fans. I asked about the possibility of some way to do a translation patch for the game, but for now he said it might be a thing when the game is done...

Although judging by some later Japanese tweets, he's not sure if he can translate it into English other then just running it through a machine translator like we do hahaha...
:O!!!
Well if that's the case, if I can finish up Lilitales by the time Wiz finishes the full game and there isn't already a translation of it, I'd love to take a jab at this game then, now that I've figured out the kinks of RMXP (even started translating a little bit because I was so excited, even though my attention should be on Lilitales... >.<). Was a big fan of Succubus Quest (loved the lore as well as the beautiful art); can't help but jump on this game when I saw that Wiz was alright with translations. :)

(Anybody else on board?)

Last edited:

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

Holy crap thank you!

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

:O!!!
Well if that's the case, if I can finish up Lilitales by the time Wiz finishes the full game and there isn't already a translation of it, I'd love to take a jab at this game then, now that I've figured out the kinks of RMXP (even started translating a little bit because I was so excited, even though my attention should be on Lilitales... >.<). Was a big fan of Succubus Quest (loved the lore as well as the beautiful art); can't help but jump on this game when I saw that Wiz was alright with translations. :)

(Anybody else on board?)
I think for now he won't really look into it until the game is officially done... at least for an official translation or version I guess? You can try to contact him on Twitter.

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Holy crap thank you!
*tips hat*

I think for now he won't really look into it until the game is officially done... at least for an official translation or version I guess? You can try to contact him on Twitter.
Yeah, I'll be doing that once I finish my current commitment. He seems like a really cool guy. :)

Well translating the skills and enemies look a long time (~5 hours) because I had to ctrl+f each script for strings that relied on the skill/enemy names I changed, but now that it's out of the way, it's just the story dialogue and battle dialogue (the erotic messages) and what remains of the menus. Won't do anymore until he's closer to the official release in case he ends up heavily revising the scripts.

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

Been a bit behind on this.... Is this going to be similar to SQ2, where you could play either gender? Or is it going to just be another of those questionably-aged male-only character against female BF games?

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Been a bit behind on this.... Is this going to be similar to SQ2, where you could play either gender? Or is it going to just be another of those questionably-aged male-only character against female BF games?
You play as Lawerence, but you also have a succubus helping you in battle. So male protag with female party member.

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You play as Lawerence, but you also have a succubus helping you in battle. So male protag with female party member.
If I may elaborate a little more on what kriss said:

- No - it's not like Succubus Quest 2, nor will it be (as far as I can see in the game files).
- It won't be like Succubus Quest EX in any respect beyond the base mechanics akin to the series/franchise and having beautiful spritework.
- This game (Succubus Rhapsodia) will follow more along the lines of the original Succubus Quest, but (as kriss said) with an additional party member to fight alongside you and 2 more members in reserve. Therefore it'll have a party member relationship and skill-up mechanic unique to it. To me, this game feels like something between SQ EX and SQ2 in terms of potential awesomeness.

Random info:
About the name (because I'm a smartass by nature >.>):
- "Lawrence" ("ローレンス") is 1 of the 3 random names the protagonist can have when you hit "Random" ("ランダム") in the name maker menu. I'm not sure if this is meant to be the protag's official name (I didn't read the blog in depth), but it might as well be.
- His 2 other random names are "ロラン" ("Lauren") and "ロウラット" (maybe "Lauret"). But of course, you can change the protagonist name to whatever you want as long as it's in Hiragana/Katakana.

Fun facts:
- "Lars" is the name of the main protag from the original Succubus Quest.
- "Ayxect" is the name of the old/young male character from Succubus Quest EX (no idea what this game had to do with the others, but the spritework was a beautiful 10/10; had a very abstract game mechanic).
- Succubus Quest 2 never came out, but it had a trial version the easily put it on the top of my "Most Anticipated doujins of all time that never delivered" list. Top-notch artwork and tileset combat game design (the only RPG Maker game I would have ever rated a 10/10), but the team got spirited away...

lazydude

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Random info:
About the name (because I'm a smartass by nature >.>):
- "Lawrence" ("ローレンス") is 1 of the 3 random names the protagonist can have when you hit "Random" ("ランダム") in the name maker menu. I'm not sure if this is meant to be the protag's official name (I didn't read the blog in depth), but it might as well be.
- His 2 other random names are "ロラン" ("Lauren") and "ロウラット" (maybe "Lauret"). But of course, you can change the protagonist name to whatever you want as long as it's in Hiragana/Katakana.

Fun facts:
- "Lars" is the name of the main protag from the original Succubus Quest.
- "Ayxect" is the name of the old/young male character from Succubus Quest EX (no idea what this game had to do with the others, but the spritework was a beautiful 10/10; had a very abstract game mechanic).
- Succubus Quest 2 never came out, but it had a trial version the easily put it on the top of my "Most Anticipated doujins of all time that never delivered" list. Top-notch artwork and tileset combat game design (the only RPG Maker game I would have ever rated a 10/10), but the team got spirited away...
- the free version of ex is what people commonly and erroneously call 2, though it is understandable as to why since it is the second sq game made.
- the demo that came out was not sq 2 but sq tactics... analogy: sq is shin megami tensei, sqex is smt if, sqt is majin tensei

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So. Current trial seems to be version 3.22 - don't know what's changed yet but at least the dungeon of the v2.03 boss seems to have some new enemies. Gonna try it out a bit further.

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

- the free version of ex is what people commonly and erroneously call 2, though it is understandable as to why since it is the second sq game made.
- the demo that came out was not sq 2 but sq tactics... analogy: sq is shin megami tensei, sqex is smt if, sqt is majin tensei
I was looking forward to SQ Tactics SO much and was heartbroken when the team disbanded.

Astraum

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So. Current trial seems to be version 3.22 - don't know what's changed yet but at least the dungeon of the v2.03 boss seems to have some new enemies. Gonna try it out a bit further.
While I doubt it's all that's been changed, a few things I noticed:

-Every party member now has the ability to ウェイト/Wait, allowing you to avoid taking offensive actions if you don't want to (Also does a slight EP heal, and doesn't cost VP like ブレス/breath, though it's naturally a lower heal).

-Talking system got a pretty big workover. Most talks can increase mood simply by using the command, and may allow for an extra change depending on what you do after. Seems like the 2nd part is always something you can resist, regardless of what it may be... and there's a decent variety of possibilities there (clothes being taken off, requests that result in EP or VP damage to the male PC [which in the case of EP seems to be lower in one attack that a normal attack], requests to touch the talk-target or watch her touch herself [both result in some EP damage to her, but may inflict negative status on your guy, particularly if you continue non-resistance]). In addition, able to talk to a girl while having sex, though this seems to always result in her doing (resistable) EP attacks; still, nonresistance can help increase the mood if you're looking to do that (and higher mood does seem to affect the chance that you can recruit in the immediate afterbattle)... and in any case of the EP dmg talks, simply allowing one attack seems good enough to avoid causing offense (and thus dropping mood).

-Some new moves. In particular noticed noticed キャスト/Cast with エンブレイス/Embrace as a learnable skill via using 契約の珠/Contract Gem(? - but just keep party members around and they will get these over time) at the teleport hub area. There's another restraining move which I'm pretty sure is a new addition as well for some types of friends/foes (エキサイトビュー/Excite View, looks to be basically a faceride move).

-Speaking of 契約の珠, now can get level ups using them (seems to be 50*current level to do it this way). Only way I noticed so far to increase 契約の珠 so far is wandering around in areas with enemies around, and it's kinda slow, so wouldn't recommend using them for this presently... but maybe in the full game...

-Rank Up (only available on some types, and was already around earlier) now asks if you're sure you want to go ahead with it and also shows the end result. I know this is available for Lesser Succubi (change into Succubi) and Imps (change into Devils)... haven't tried (gotten enough levels) with Puchi Witch but they can probably also do so (into Witches).

-Werewolves, though I'm pretty sure you need to finish the main part of the trial for them to appear at all. Check near the gather point available close to the 2nd teleport crystal for them when you're done with the trial's boss.

-Also I seem to recall in previous versions you were guaranteed to go to 0VP you if you lost all EP in insert status. Doesn't seem to be the case now, though you *will* lose a lot (still quite possibly hitting 0VP anyway - but it is definitely possible to survive giving someone a creampie now). Don't know of any items that heal VP, though... so don't expect to be able to do it twice in a single battle.

I doubt that's a comprehensive changelist, but should cover most of the stuff, I think...

Briger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I was looking forward to SQ Tactics SO much and was heartbroken when the team disbanded.
Me too man, me too.

Astraum that sound awesome yet complex.

darkwhite1602

Reputation score

ITS COMING OUT!!

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Even tho i wish the cg would be animated i have to say that the art is fantastic. The wiki shows 10 enemies. Is that the total number of enemies?

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Also of note, while the developer has said they don't have the resources to have an official english translation, they did say they'd support an english patch

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Also of note, while the developer has said they don't have the resources to have an official english translation, they did say they'd support an english patch
- think those interested in doing a full translation are waiting 'til it gets bigger, but I'll jump in if there isn't one already in progress by the time I'm done with my current project.

Even tho i wish the cg would be animated i have to say that the art is fantastic. The wiki shows 10 enemies. Is that the total number of enemies?
- 12 enemies if you count the werewolf and the boss.
- 9 enemy families if you count the evolved and pre-evolved versions as the same (lesser succubus and succubus are one family; little witch and witch are one family; imp and devil are one family).
- among the 9 families, there are 2 families that have color variations (the red succubi, and the purple witches) (they have slightly different skills from the normal types).
- At the moment, all can be recruited/tamed/captured except the boss.

Last edited:

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

- think those interested in doing a full translation are waiting 'til it gets bigger, but I'll jump in if there isn't one already in progress by the time I'm done with my current project.

- 12 enemies if you count the werewolf and the boss.
- 9 enemy families if you count the evolved and pre-evolved versions as the same (lesser succubus and succubus are one family; little witch and witch are one family; imp and devil are one family).
- among the 9 families, there are 2 families that have color variations (the red succubi, and the purple witches) (they have slightly different skills from the normal types).
- At the moment, all can be recruited/tamed/captured except the boss.

Gracias!