What's new

RPG RPG Maker [DragaX] Bandits Assault RPG (V1.0b)

OP
DragaX

DragaX

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Bandits Assault RPG (V0.4)

Maybe it's just me, but I've never been able to trigger the one with john. Are there some specific requirements for that or something? One night he's there, it's the peeing thing, the other night it's just "..."
You have to check out the tree stump when he's not standing there. After that, when he stands there again (should be at night after the assault quest) you need to go to the stump again.

spammaps

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Bandits Assault RPG (V0.4)

Just wanted to add that I really liked this game (as far as the public release goes). Good job!

OP
DragaX

DragaX

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Bandits Assault RPG (V0.5)

Version 0.5 of Bandits Assault is now open for public, enjoy playing it and like always post any bugs you find and don't hesistate to leave feedback!

Biggest addidtions in v0.5:
-Continuation of the Main storyline, you finally arrive in Orlea!
-Orlea's harbour added
-Orlea's Capital city added (Main district + market district)
-Arena + fights added (championship battle not fully implemented yet)
-Mining Area added (6 maps + 2 bossfights)
Grab your pickaxe and explore the mines! You can use ores to create some really good armor and weapons.

I'm also still looking for new ideas for possible 'bad ends', so if you got ideas for something you want me to add, let me know.

nightelluna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

someone tell me where the crystal 3 in chapter 4 (if there is a map would be grateful)

leked2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

anybody have a save for chapter 4 because i lost mine

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

No real content added, but a nice preview of the map (which I like - although I feel like it'd be easy to fit the west and east part of Orlea into one screen..but that's just cosmetics.

Don't really see how you're going to fit the mining part into the story to be honest. I like the idea of having to work for the gear, though.

One bug I found - if you beat the illusiory ork as Leo(n?) and exit the prison island, the cutscene for "well, I have no idea how to cross the ocean" will play...once you leave Orlea Harbor with your girls for the first time (=after the dimensional rift), the same cutscene will play - and the game will freeze in a black screen.

DwDuck

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No real content added, but a nice preview of the map (which I like - although I feel like it'd be easy to fit the west and east part of Orlea into one screen..but that's just cosmetics.

Don't really see how you're going to fit the mining part into the story to be honest. I like the idea of having to work for the gear, though.

One bug I found - if you beat the illusiory ork as Leo(n?) and exit the prison island, the cutscene for "well, I have no idea how to cross the ocean" will play...once you leave Orlea Harbor with your girls for the first time (=after the dimensional rift), the same cutscene will play - and the game will freeze in a black screen.
Yup, same happened to me :-(

Lichchimp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really enjoyed this game, but I feel like I've missed something mayor.

I got to the prison part, I've been able to exit the cell and walk around, talk to the other prisoners.. but I can't really seem to figure out how to escape.

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm personally stuck saving up money for the ship. I can't do anymore Burglary cause I don't know how to open the safe in the top right house of the residential district, I ran out of Adventure Guild stuff to do, and I keep refusing the stripper job even though I keep hitting accept. Also no more sex scenes with Sally after the farm job. So basically all I can get is 150g a day, a little more if a thief shows up. Saving up for 5000g is going to take a very long time of uninteresting waitressing.

Drageeno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm personally stuck saving up money for the ship. I can't do anymore Burglary cause I don't know how to open the safe in the top right house of the residential district, I ran out of Adventure Guild stuff to do, and I keep refusing the stripper job even though I keep hitting accept. Also no more sex scenes with Sally after the farm job. So basically all I can get is 150g a day, a little more if a thief shows up. Saving up for 5000g is going to take a very long time of uninteresting waitressing.
Check out the harbor at night.

Unrelated to that, where is Afarit in the forest area? I looked all over, but I can't seem to find him after talking tothe water spirit.

Last edited:

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Check out the harbor at night.

Unrelated to that, where is Afarit in the forest area? I looked all over, but I can't seem to find him after talking tothe water spirit.
Go north from the water spirit. Go to the second crossroad north of the water spirit and head right and up. make sure you have Paralyzing slash before you fight him as it will make the battle easier.

OP
DragaX

DragaX

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I got to the prison part, I've been able to exit the cell and walk around, talk to the other prisoners.. but I can't really seem to figure out how to escape.
There are two different ways how you can escape:
1) Regain enough strenght and beat up the guards
2) Talk with every prisoner and get them on your side to help you break out

You have to buy hacking tools from the shady guy at the harbour at night to open the safe.
There's also a maid job you can do at the Inn. You need enough naughtiness if you want to work as a stripper.

Like you said, I wanted to add a way where you can work for your gear instead of just buying the best stuff. How I will fit it in the story? Well, we will see :p

The bug is already known and will be fixed at the next update.

Bandung974

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First of all, i have to say that i trully like this kind of game, where you ( the main character ) is not a kind of saint example of virtue, like many classical games. :)
Also the Relation Sally-Rachel, is cute :O

Now i have sort of trouble with the game, the more i play the more i have the feeling that it's a western-RPG, stuck and struggling with J-RPG's mechanics. :confused:

I mean, like many western-RPG, fighting is not the main focus, it is present ,it is something you must know how it's done, but in the end it is just another tool, that allows you to advance in the story.
And in this way you did trully great job :cool:
You can have multiple job for earning coin, you can help or doom people, you can forgive or punish. Depending of the time of the day you can do action A or action B etc etc.
Even if your goal is clear in your mind the way to achieve it is totally up to you.
So in in this your game is a totally win for me :p

But regarding what i said about "struggling and fighting against an J-RPG mechanics " it's all about the fights and rewards .
I have found fighting very un-rewarding (if not a total punishement) :eek:
In a classical J-RPG the patterns is like this
" You win the fight, or you go back for farming level and gold "

And here is the deal :
- the only way to get exp is by "killing monster" .
- The way to make gold is everything except Killing Monster.

So if leveling up is out of question, then you go back to the jobs available and it take alot of time : the job itself (all animation involved ), and the travel and doing everything A lot of time,
=> because of course, you will not stuff only Rachel right ? 4 people in the crew >.<
And ofc, this means you did not lose your money in the Bar event c:)
( yes could fight him, but teehe => it's a fight, need gear and lvl :p )

Many time in this game i have found myself like a zombie basically grinding/farming, but in a very unusual way @_@

I also think that you made the choice that monster doesn"t give gold, in order to push people into the job you created in order for them to discover your work and the effort you made in the animation. :)

SO, what i may suggest would be, huuum, some quest/event giving exp and or some "monster drop" that you could sell at the adventurer in the Bar or to another NPC created for this effect like :
" hey look, i have killed a monster around the city, thus making the area safer, gimme money now ! " :D

If by doing this you think it would bring too much income and resulting in the player taking the boat too soon and skipping all your work => why not adding an extra boss right after the player pay the fee ?
encouraging them to do farm just a bit more :D

JouteiKaji

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

First of all, i have to say that i trully like this kind of game, where you ( the main character ) is not a kind of saint example of virtue, like many classical games. :)

Now i have sort of trouble with the game, the more i play the more i have the feeling that it's a western-RPG, stuck and struggling with J-RPG's mechanics. :confused:

I mean, like many western-RPG, fighting is not the main focus, it is present ,it is something you must know how it's done, but in the end it is just another tool, that allows you to advance in the story.
And in this way you did trully great job :cool:
You can have multiple job for earning coin, you can help or doom people, you can forgive or punish. Depending of the time of the day you can do action A or action B etc etc.
Even if your goal is clear in your mind the way to achieve it is totally up to you.
So in in this your game is a totally win for me :p

But regarding what i said about "struggling and fighting against an J-RPG mechanics " it's all about the fights and rewards .
I have found fighting very un-rewarding (if not a total punishement) :eek:
In a classical J-RPG the patterns is like this
" You win the fight, or you go back for farming level and gold "

And here is the deal :

So if leveling up is out of question, then you go back to the jobs available and it take alot of time : the job itself (all animation involved ), and the travel and doing everything A lot of time,
=> because of course, you will not stuff only Rachel right ? 4 people in the crew >.<

Many time in this game i have found myself like a zombie basically grinding/farming, but in a very unusual way @_@

I also think that you made the choice that monster doesn"t give gold, in order to push people into the job you created in order for them to discover your work and the effort you made in the animation. :)

SO, what i may suggest would be, huuum, some quest/event giving exp and or some "monster drop" that you could sell at the adventurer in the Bar or to another NPC created for this effect like :
" hey look, i have killed a monster around the city, thus making the area safer, gimme money now ! " :D

If by doing this you think it would bring too much income and resulting in the player taking the boat too soon and skipping all your work => why not adding an extra boss right after the player pay the fee ?
There's a forest south of the city that you can fight in. Clearing out the forest makes the orc encampment easy. The thugs aren't a challenge if you're even decently leveled and equipped, which you would be if you did the forest south of town before getting jobs. It's easy due to Sally refilling all of her health every time you exit and you can go back to town and rest to restore your HP. You have no excuse for losing to random thugs.

Bandung974

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, i did no complain about the orc encampment . :)
Also getting reckt by random thug or even rats in the begining during a first play , because you are under-leveled and under-stuffed would not be weird since from my memory , i recall no hint at all pointing to the south forest, everything turned to job, wich may lead in the situation i mentionned earlier. ;)

To be fair, i am not talking about in which order thing should be done, just talking about how I experienced the game.
And from what I have seen I find the game very frustrating on some point.

Just letting the game creator an opinion on his game, that's it. :p

OP
DragaX

DragaX

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And here is the deal :

I'm glad that you like my game!
As for your suggestions: Well, I can't satisfy everyone. It always depends on how you play the game and what you do first, cause it is free for you to choose.
Some guys told me that they completed chapter 2 without buying any weapon or armor at all, they just bought some potions and that was enough for them to get through it.
But some others told me that it was too hard and they always keep losing or that they aren't getting enough gold.
It don't want to make the game too easy but I don't want to make it too hard either. But I can't satisfy everyone.

And actually killing monsters IS rewarding because you get exp and some levels which makes killing monster easier in the future, but I get your point.

However, you gave me an idea and I will add it at the next update:
Some monsters are now randomly dropping "Monster Entrails" you can sell them to a guy in ch2 and ch4 for some additional cash.

Bandung974

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the answers :)
By no means i was asking to lower the difficulty to the point where everything would become trivial, just a little extra here and there :p
Keep the good man :cool:

Adinn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The farm quest needs either healing potions added in, a way to go back to town to restock, or a shop inside the dungeon to restock. Once you're inside it and if you save but you're not strong enough to clear it you can't clear it.

You also should add a way to skip past text.

Last edited:
OP
DragaX

DragaX

Demon Girl
Reputation score

V0.6 is finally done and I just sent it out to all my 5$+ Patrons. The Public release will be on the 27th August.

Want to play the game one week before everyone else? Or do you like what I do and you want to support me?

What's new?
Chapter 4 Additions:
-4 new mainquests (Jay's arena fights completed, adventure guild quest, mercenary quest and the Rookez quest)
-3 new sidequests for people with a bad reputation
-3 new sidequests for people with a good reputation
-3 new sidequest for everyone
-12 New H-scenes
-Some new random events
-I reworked the 'Demon Maze' I reduced some enemies and added new custom encounters to it to make the exploring more pleasurable
I also added a way to skip to the end of the demon maze if you just want to continue with the story.

Others:
-Some monsters are now randomly dropping "Monster Entrails" you can sell them to a guy in ch2 and ch4 for some cash
-Sally's smoke bomb has now a higher chance to blind your enemy
-Added a choice in ch1 at the h-scene with leo (you can now avoid the sex with him)

Bugfixes:
-Fixed a bug in ch4 where Leo's scene/dialogue got repeated after you left Orlea's harbour
-Fixed a bug in ch2 where you got 2 Kates in your party
-A lot of other little bugfixes

Some teasers (more teasers on my blog, duh!):

Joe Steel

Reputation score

Glad to see that you're cutting down on the demon maze. Frankly, i stopped playing the game after the dozenth or so combat in the maze - out of potions at that point, and combat in RPGMaker is really, really boring if more than a few rounds, so I just stopped, hoping you would do something to fix that.

Other than that, this is one of the two or three RPGMaker games I will play (different strokes and all -Adventures of Tara and Totally Immersed are the others, like this one they are story-based not level-to-fight-tougher-foes-based). I like the story here, the naughty bits, and the way you work around most of RPGMaker's major faults. Too many designers add more battles and bosses in the belief that that is progress, but you add story. Please keep it up.