Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyxdime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Divine Arms - A magical action-adventure hentai game

ViperV has just released a new demo.

The gameplay is great, and the art is very nice.

It's good to see the maps are a lot more beautiful now.

Unfortunately there's no sex scenes in this demo.

I'm not too keen on how the current traps in game work - they're almost impossible to avoid. But it's probably something that will get fixed in the future.

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ViperV has just released a new demo.

The gameplay is great, and the art is very nice.

It's good to see the maps are a lot more beautiful now.

Unfortunately there's no sex scenes in this demo.

I'm not too keen on how the current traps in game work - they're almost impossible to avoid. But it's probably something that will get fixed in the future.
Was just gonna post as well, heh. He announced several months ago that the next demo would not have sex scenes and that its purpose was to showcase the gameplay and progress so far, I even mentioned it on this thread before. Also, the Lv. 2 blue spell is supposed to reveal traps, but he didn't have time to add it for this release, so yeah, it will be fixed.

So if you want instant access to the new demo, become a patron of the Divine Arms Patreon campaign to get it!

Last edited:

Onyxdime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Was just gonna post as well, heh. He announced several months ago that the next demo would not have sex scenes and that its purpose was to showcase the gameplay and progress so far, I even mentioned it on this thread before. Also, the Lv. 2 blue spell is supposed to reveal traps, but he didn't have time to add it for this release, so yeah, it will be fixed.

So if you want instant access to the new demo, become a patron of the Divine Arms Patreon campaign to get it!
I can't say it enough - I love how smooth the spells are.

The buzzsaw is just the most satisfying thing to cast!

Daemoge

Reputation score

This isn't my kind of game usually but found myself enjoying it. This one is ear-marked now for Patreon support.

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh and by the way, in order to finish the level after the tutorial, you need keep the cursor pressed on the circle below the crystal in the final room and fill up the bar at the top left corner.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've been keeping a close eye on this project and even without any H content this release I'm motivated to try it.

Viper has showcased some of the best animation skills on the market right now so this is a project I'm really rooting for.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For anyone considering backing the Patreon, he has a LOT of sex animations on it in the posts which you can scroll back through, despite them not being in this demo, so you should be able to get a good preview of what he intends for the full game.

(And no, I'm not getting paid to say this, lol.)

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, an update after a year and a half and it's still missing sex scenes?

lol,

Can't wait to see what natural disasters befall this guy next. I expect alien abductions, animator is killed by ninjas, and Godzilla before the next demo is out.

devvah

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow, an update after a year and a half and it's still missing sex scenes?

lol,

Can't wait to see what natural disasters befall this guy next. I expect alien abductions, animator is killed by ninjas, and Godzilla before the next demo is out.
Nothing will beat your lack of brain and reading with comprehension skills though. What a horrific disaster that was!

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Nothing will beat your lack of brain and reading with comprehension skills though. What a horrific disaster that was!
Um, what? Didn't the guy above just say
"he has a LOT of sex animations on it in the posts which you can scroll back through, despite them not being in this demo"?

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Um, what? Didn't the guy above just say
"he has a LOT of sex animations on it in the posts which you can scroll back through, despite them not being in this demo"?
I've found over the years that some people just really lack reading comprehension and/or get fixated on a single component of a game's progress or the game itself while ignoring all other facts about the game.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

Why is everyone getting so mad?

Last I checked, this was a hentai game, that took a year and a half to update, and added no hentai content to the game.

I don't think anyone subbed his patreon for just images. They subbed for a hentai game. He's been updating his patreon for a while now ( though only recently has he actually comitted to any sort of actual update schedule )

The point is, that it's been a year and a half to just have a slight gameplay demo update, and he has literally had every natural disaster in the world befall him. He's made 80,000 - ish in the span of one year while churning out a couple images every couple months. I mean, if you can do it, more power to you.

I think it's fair for any potential purchasers to know that this demo has taken a year and a half and still has the sex scenes not integrated into it. It's like a demo of a demo. Whether or not the shills believe it, it's still a red flag.

Admittedly, I'm only frustrated because I made a post in the very beginning posts of this thread that "this seems to good to be true" and it was. I was waiting to commit to the 600 dollar tier, and i'm glad I did, because at this rate we have another 10 years and 42 tsunamis before anything gets actually remotely completed.

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here are the Patreon posts with unique animations in them that I could find since NOVEMBER 2016:

Now go and tell me again how this is "churning out a couple images every couple months". Seriously, now of all times, when we got a new demo with the core mechanics in place, is not the time to be salty. After some fixes and additions to the newly-released stage demo, the integration of all the scenes/animations which are ready (there's actually more than the ones shown above) into the now functioning game will be the main task at hand.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think it's fair for any potential purchasers to know that this demo has taken a year and a half and still has the sex scenes not integrated into it. It's like a demo of a demo. Whether or not the shills believe it, it's still a red flag.
The creator themselves said there's no sex scenes in it, as did posts prior to yours. Fairly sure we all believed/knew that it doesn't have sex scenes; this just goes further to prove my point that you aren't reading posts.

And yeah, he's had a lot of problems happen, but given where he lives, I can believe it. If you think other games don't have this stuff happen to them, they do; the difference is that it doesn't impact development as much and/or you don't hear about it because most games aren't 2 or 3 person teams where one person being affected dramatically affects development.

Hyperbole helps no one, really, because it makes you less believable/trustworthy, and just creates drama for no reason.

Admittedly, I'm only frustrated because I made a post in the very beginning posts of this thread that "this seems to good to be true" and it was.
"Too good to be true" indicates the game won't be completed, and/or didn't exist in the first place. The game is still progressing and still showing progress, so I'm not sure how this applies?

Reputation score

I was wondering why this thing fell off the map...

Glad he's getting back into the swing of things.

jk103

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So for people with access to the demo, how much content is actually there, %-wise? The full game is supposed to be 3 chapters, is the first chapter completed, minus H-scenes? At the current rate of progress, when do you think the game will be finished?

MartinX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So for people with access to the demo, how much content is actually there, %-wise? The full game is supposed to be 3 chapters, is the first chapter completed, minus H-scenes? At the current rate of progress, when do you think the game will be finished?
There's a new tutorial stage and another fully-fledged stage after it, with 3 types of enemies, new spells, and forest/ruins/cave environments. The rest of the stages are arenas like in the old demo.

Also, you know how people often say that game development is like an iceberg, i.e. what you see is only a small part of the actual game, compared to the core of the game? Well, the creator said in a post yesterday that the core of the game is pretty much done now, and the main things left now are the rest of the stages, enemies, and animations (as I mentioned before, many animations are already completed and just need to be implemented in the now functioning game), so I can't really say "%-wise" how much is really done or when exactly it would be finished.

Last edited:

Daemoge

Reputation score

This game is fantastic. I really enjoyed that. This is an instant favourite, right up there with absolutely any other game of this kind.

thatguy123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Why is everyone getting so mad?

Admittedly, I'm only frustrated because I made a post in the very beginning posts of this thread that "this seems to good to be true" and it was. I was waiting to commit to the 600 dollar tier, and i'm glad I did, because at this rate we have another 10 years and 42 tsunamis before anything gets actually remotely completed.
lol, I do share the sentiment and I agree with you on many of the things you've said, but trust me, those two guys reply to EVERY post and seem to think that every comment deserves a response instead of accepting that some people just want to vent their concerns with the game, especially in our current era of endless development hell. It probably will get completed eventually, but this is the sort of project you should just forget about and check out for progress every 6 or so months.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If we were investors we would expect a little more proof in order to continue funding. People donated to his Patreon for more Hentai. As much as we can lie and say some of us are here for the gameplay, lets be honest, if we wanted a non-H game with the gameplay we'd be able to find a better one in a heartbeat. People wanted more H and haven't really seen it. I think this is a creators biggest mistake and frankly, i can't understand why he is taking so long to create it and implement it into his game, that seems like it would be the funnest part anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.