What's new

DDO

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: DDO

lol at lazy programmers, or whoever checks that.

Yes, simply removing the way to those areas probably was the easiest thing to do instead of re-working them, but still, lol.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

This is how I would build a rogue in the game, of course feel free to play around with it a little if you want. We all have different preferences after all, mine is more of a showing off style, than a skill or sneak attack build. The important part is to enjoy yourself.

Elf rogue

STR 10
DEX 16
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 12
CHA 10

feats: level 1: dodge, level 3: weapon finesse, level 6: mobility, level 9: two weapon fighting, level 12: combat expertise, level 15: spring attack, level 18: skill focus (UMD).

weapon: rapier, add a shortsword when you get two weapon fighting.

skills: max each: open lock, disable device, search, tumble, balance, use magic device: half of max each: spot, listen, hide, move silently, jump, swim. heal, repair.

Leveling sigils can be found occasionally, for quest rewards once you reach Stormreach, or bought from the DDO store. You don't need to be pay to play to use the store. Each quest you do earns you favor, which can be used to buy things in the store free. I wouldn't buy a sigil unless you reached level 4 and haven't found one yet.

For the Stopping the Sahuagin question, when the DM says something he's usually giving you hints at either strategies or what to do next. In this case he's telling you that you probably have to find a way under the ice to complete your mission.

Lou Dobbs

Lurker
Reputation score

be what best start class?
hear archers are good. but be what best whole class?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

be what best start class?
hear archers are good. but be what best whole class?
Read the bloody thread.

any suggestion on favored enemy?
I'd go with undead. They're fairly common and can be a problem for other classes (such as rogue or an enemy controlling bard. Grr immunity.) Also good for dealing with some of those nasty skeleton mages.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Read the bloody thread.

I'd go with undead. They're fairly common and can be a problem for other classes (such as rogue or an enemy controlling bard. Grr immunity.) Also good for dealing with some of those nasty skeleton mages.
Oh ye gods, don't even remind me of those skeleton mages...hated that quest to hell.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

So for the 'Rare Encounters' on Korthos Island, I found the Cicic or w/e Ice Spider and the Sahuagin who was watching the harbor, but I can't find the third, and I've been everywhere I can think of.

The only quest I have to do right now is the one where you meet Heyton on Misery's Peak, and as far as I can tell I've been all over the area thanks to the previous quests.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

So for the 'Rare Encounters' on Korthos Island, I found the Cicic or w/e Ice Spider and the Sahuagin who was watching the harbor, but I can't find the third, and I've been everywhere I can think of.

The only quest I have to do right now is the one where you meet Heyton on Misery's Peak, and as far as I can tell I've been all over the area thanks to the previous quests.
On the ice portion of the river leading to the Catacombs shows up a rare Ice Mephit. Bring fire weapons.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Awesome.

Does it not show up the first time, or is it random? 'cause when I ran through to the catacoo- err, catacombs the first time, it was just a normal one.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Random, you either get the normal one or the souped up rare one... Mostly dumb luck though to be honest. I've gotten all 3 on one character during my first run through the island, then on this one I've only gotten the ice spider. Spam korthos on elite enough though, and you should get all of them.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I managed the first two on one run, found the third just now on another one, both doing it solo.

Now I just need 500 more kills >.<

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I managed the first two on one run, found the third just now on another one, both doing it solo.

Now I just need 500 more kills >.<
I'm on the final kill segment myself. there's about 75 ot so each run though, methinks

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't bother with it really after my first character... 750 kills is just way too annoying for me...

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

If you need someone help do the rest of the stuff on Korthos with I have a cleric who hasn't left the island yet Kusanagi. Just look for Ursinus, he's done almost everything except Misery's peak up to hard.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I have completed every Korthos Quest on elite (had to solo half of them :/ ), but I'm always willing to plow through a dungeon or two, for the good of the guild ;)

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

And yay, now I's a guildsman as well! *casts Evard's Tentacle of Forced Intrusion*

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

What's the incentive for doing the quests on harder difficulty? Do you find/get rewarded with better loot? 'cause seeing as how my level cap is 4 (that's, what, rank 15-20?), EXP isn't a big concern for me for now.

I've done everything up to going into Misery's Peak on Solo, and don't plan on entering Misery's Peak until I get all 750 kills (down to 400 now).

If there's an incentive besides feeling a sense of joy in working together to beat difficult odds, I'll gladly do the quests over again. If not, I'll probably still do them, I just won't treat it like I would were there better gear to get.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

You get more favor the higher the level you complete an adventure on. That's mainly why I like to get them done up to elite. My sorceror needs to do most of them on the harder levels as well, but he can't group with you if you haven't sailed to Stormreach yet. The XP and money you make doing it is just sort of an added bonus. Plus I personally enjoy a good zerg rush of Korthos Island especially if you have a good group.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

More favour, more exp, better loot from chests within the dungeon.

An you definately do want to fill the favour bars with each faction, the rewards are well worth it. Coin Lords, the most prominent quest giver, gives you extra inventory bags.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

working on slayer on the hills, but not finding anything that's rare...

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Look in the caves, that aren't adventures. Be prepared for lots of orcs, bugbears etc.