Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: DDO

I'm so happy. xD That was a lot of fun today, thanks Ronny :3

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Shan-to-kor "maybe", I heard it's quite an epic quest chain...although a tad low-leveled. ((The unlimited ring of feather fall is the most notable prize))

Catacombs? Hell no. Bad exp, undead spam, no good rewards... Waste of cash.

You'd seriously be better off buying Tangleroot Grove or Delara's tomb if you actually have money to spend though... ((Or maybe buying them for one of us so we can quest with you? :x))

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes indeed it was Chibi, except for the part where you kept falling. You need to get that feather fall cloak as soon as possible.

Alright I'll just make sure I check them out before I decide which to get. I may not want the lower level ones after I finish farming favor. Depending on my level. I'll have to make a character on Khyber sometime as well.

On Cannith I have a guild, the tentacles of xendrik, set up for those who wanted someone to partner with. Especially since the guild charter was on special, and I need meat shields for my sorceror there. Yeah the names a little weird but I had to think of something you would recognize as us without being to obvious. Just look for Narsin, human sorceror 3 and send me a tell if you happen to be on the same time as me. Or give me your character name here and I'll find you when you're on. Unfortunately I can't invite unless you're on so we'll just have to watch for each other.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Yeah, the lag then fall bit was not fun at all, though I did get oodles of XP so I'm happies.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Alright, people who will be willing to join the guild on Cannith, call out what you'll play as, or somebody get a list going or something. I'll gladly play roles we'll need, though I tend to like to be support/rear line, like a healer/something meant for range.
My Confessor on Shadowbane before the Asian zerg killed is is a testament to this >.<
(LOL-HEAL-THROUGH-SHADOWMANTLE)
((Shadowmantle is a debuff that does not allow for normal healing methods to work. Confessors can take their own health and give it to others, therefore allowing them to heal you even if you are Shadowmantle'd))

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I have yet to make a farming account on Cannith yet... so why not make a rouge on that one like my main? >.> I'm most familiar with this type of gameplay anyway.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm on maybe once a week, on Orien. Main character's name is Karana Furiesdottr, Barbarian 6.

If everyone is going to play on Cannith, I'll start up there as well, probably same name and build. If anyone comes across any usefull Greatswords, keep them for me, eh? ;)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

My pally Kerik is on Orien, but he's already in a guild so you might not see him much. They like to have me around on guild runs, probably because my aura of courage does just about everything you could think of.

So far for Cannith we have my sorceror Narsin, and Newbies barbarian Bersk. Chibi's got a cleric merel, but I haven't seen her yet to invite her, and Keylo will most likely make a rogue, and another barbarian with Shrike. I made Newbie an officer so he can invite people to the group too. I'll watch for greatswords, but I'm not doing very well with my sorceror since he's sunny side and can't group with anyone else yet.

Lurker
Reputation score

What do those auras do, and how do you get them? I keep seeing aura of good on my char, and I have no idea what that means.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Auras comes from the Paladin, and they give a plethora of effects, From increasing AC, to Attack(Hit), Will Saves, Resistance to Fear, etc. Very handy passive buff.

Personally, once I get back into playing DDO, I'll be making a Bard(2)/Fighter(18), Elf. *Cackles*

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

As soon as my cleric goes up another level I'll be taking a level in Rogue so I can pick locks myself.

Though I think I'm going to see how my other characters play before I hop back on Merel. I have a male human Pally, and a Female Dwarf Barbarian (TANK) that i want to mess with.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well whichever characters you have on Cannith, they can all join the guild so.

Quick list so I can keep tabs on people, let me know if I missed anything or when you get others:
Me: Cannith: Narsin, sorceror (in guild); Elberilia, rogue.
Orien: Kerik, paladin.
Khyber: planning one here not sure of class yet.
Newbie: Cannith: Bersk, barbarian (in guild).
Chibi: Cannith: Merel, cleric; Riva, paladin (in guild); Aenis, barbarian (in guild).
Shrike: Orien: Karana, barbarian.
Keylo: Cannith: Enigmaheart, rogue (in guild).
Khyber: rogue.
Incubus: Khyber: bard.
Lurker: Sarlona: rogue.
Ghallanda: fighter.

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm not swapping over to Cannith. I put a lot of effort to free-unlocking Drow on Khyber, and so it's ony unlocked on Khyber :p

Interesting note: Until you start to hit level 7+, Bards are probably the singe best class, with honourable mention to ranger.

A low level Bard can still fight well in comparrison to the fighter classes, and their ability to inspire courage boosts them and al others. They can also cast spells of comparable power to an equivilent mage, and although they run out of juice faster, they're not as dependant on their juice and can take more of a beating. And unlike other arcane casters, they can pick up healing spells as well; they don't have many zot/splodey spells, but they have some great utility stuff that can really ruin fights for monsters. (Charm person and charm monster, glitterdust, haste... still annoyed that certain boss monsters are randomly immune to glitterdust, I thought this was D&D, where your uber villian is one good spelchoice away from the ultimate player wielded nerf hammer ) And they've still got enough skills they can easily be good at stealth or agro control whilst getting ridiculous discounts via haggle.

I took my bard into spellsinger so I could get more spell points, and ended up having more to throw around than my friend's equivilent level cleric.

Rangers get honourable mention because a well built ranger is a melee blender. Even if you go archery focus, you're better in melee. My drow was built to be a melee blender, as I had planned to the full tempest prestive enhancement tree, and Drows get racial bonuses wielding shortswords; of which there are plenty of fancy magic ones. (Yay Sharn Syndicate) They've got skills coming out of everywhere, so they easily become a perception/stealth monkey although sadly, they cannot disarm said traps, might be worth dipping into rogue, I've never experimented with multiclassing yet. Their main drawback is their lack of healing, which they gain late at about 7th level, but a cure light wounds at that stage isn't going to cut it. Potions will get you by if you solo, but the expense will drive you nuts. (Not that there's anyhting better to spend gold on, really...)

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I got two chars now on 2 different servers, a rouge and a Fighter, though my figher does better with duel weapons then my rouge does! Any suggestions for my trap-breaker against the current Kobold swarms I'm trying to slay?

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

If soloing: Use a hireling, go into hiding, and have it lure the hordes while you sneak attack.

If with a party: Let your party draw the enemies first, then attack in hiding. Also get weapons that add say +1d6 poison damage or something. It helps alot.

Oh and against kobolds: ALWAYS kill the shaman first. They are horrible rape.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

If soloing: Use a hireling, go into hiding, and have it lure the hordes while you sneak attack.

If with a party: Let your party draw the enemies first, then attack in hiding. Also get weapons that add say +1d6 poison damage or something. It helps alot.

Oh and against kobolds: ALWAYS kill the shaman first. They are horrible rape.
Been using my weapon with a bonus to Small Monsterous Creatures. Figured that'd help a bit. But again, my Rouge had it's specially for detecting and disarming, and not Duel Wield, so I miss a lots, even with 15+ dex

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

If you don't have the Two Weapon Fighting feat, do NOT dual wield. Ever.

If you do, be sure to use a light weapon such as a short sword in your offhand.

These two golden rules will increase accuracy dramatically.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Also make use of the pathfinder set if you have both, this will completely eliminate the penalty altogether.

By the way... Enigmaheart Savius has been made on Cannith, a dual wiel and trap disarming rouge :D

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

How do you disarm a cross-dresser who actually looks like the gender they're dressing as? (Bad trap pun)

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Seriously, where do I get the duel wield feat?!? I keep asking people, but it's like hitting a brick wall!

Same goes for exotic weapons.

And said bonus weapons be rapiers, but even standard daggers be missin.