What's new

Dark Secrets (ranger) GMed by Ubberific

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dark Secrets (ranger) GMed by Ubberific

The young girl nodded happily "I know! It's because they work the forge. Dad always said to stay away, else I'll turn ashen or black!" she'd beam happily "I've met humans before. You're one aren't you.." the girl hardly even waited for proper responses as some of the workers noticed her talking to group, before chuckling and shaking their heads with smiles. Focusing on their craft at the moment.

"Dad just said never to ask such things, is it because it's rude?" her eyes widened "I didn't mean to be rude! They're pretty like that as well!" she'd nod again firmly.

"I'm Melody." she'd look to the offered hand clearly not sure what sort of gesture it was.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Smiling Jenny dropped her hand. "Its a greeting of my people. So you've met Humans before?" Jenny would humor the girls questions as best she could answering each in turn. It was a good start and for once Jenny was glad to speak with someone that wasn't judging her.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Mhm~ I once snuck on-board the caravans!" she'd declare with clear pride... even if the act itself seemed very dangerous especially for someone so young. Given praise she'd giggle, while if Jenny did not quite approve the girl would still stick to her guns and keep her chin up.

"But I thought humans are not allowed inside." Melody added "Wont you get sick? Are you immune to getting sick? Oh! Maybe you snuck in here as well?!" she'd continue her barrage of questions, though seemed if allowed she'd keep asking question until the sun was down...

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh weren't you scared?" Undoubtedly it was a pointless question as the girl seemed very much like a certain trickster Jenny knew. Still Melody did mention something of interest. "Humm Humans get sick here? Do you know why?"

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Mhm... Dad called it--" "Melody!" Suddenly Melody froze up and turned around "Papa?" indeed a fairly burly looking elf male approached the girl who instantly put on the most innocent puppy expression she could "Are you trying to slip away from Miss Talians tailoring lessons again?" as the man approached Jenny actually recognised him! It was the elf from the Council!

"But tailoring is boring~ Besides I made new friends, they're human!" The elf approached smiling in a stern, but fatherly fashion at the girl before looking up "Excuse her she's..." his eyes would meet Jenny as the man paused and seemed to straighten himself out a bit more "The Oracles chosen." he'd greet Jenny via title, before kneeling down to Melody "Mel, head to Miss Talian and no more running away." he'd motion a finger and lightly tap it on the girls nose "Fine~! See you!" the girl rushed away "Wrong way, Missy!" the elf called out, before sighing deeply and turning to face the group. Turning a fair bit more serious "Now then... what brings you here, Chosen?"

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny smiled, "Just call me Jenny I'm not a person for titles. As for what I'm doing here well, a certain council asked me to learn about the various sects of the community. I figured this would be the next stop." Jenny would look around at the various crafts going around. "Almost feels like home. Men and woman tending to their work with pride, and the quality is outstanding. Still I imagine thats just one aspect of your people Builder, and I came here to learn more about them.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"I am Telorus, the assigned leader of the Builders. Welcome." Telorus introduced himself in turn, keeping a polite and strong aura about himself. Still when asked to show more of his people, the elf could only snicker in a subtle and friendly manner at the comment "Well then I believe the way to learn more is just to spend the day among us." he'd welcome the duo and lead them deeper inside. Woodworkers, stonemasons, tailors, even blacksmith all seemed to occupy this district. Though no matter where Jenny looked she'd either see intent eyes a they worked or kind satisfied expressions as they observed their craft.

If she wished Jenny and Grace would be invited into each shop, as they got the chance to attempt their hands at creating numerous items. All the while with the guidance of the grand artisan that accepted them. From Jenny creating very basic metal works of her choosing, to Grace getting a chance to carve out a dove... which looked more like a duck from wood.

The girls had a chance to interact with the friendly and passionate builders throughout most of the day... and it was nothing short of a blast! Still as they finished their tailoring, Grace finishing an actual white silk bra and Jenny creating her own little project. Telorus was gone?

Looking around Jenny could spot Sir waving her over... and if she followed she'd note Telorus speaking to a concerned looking female archer, bearing the ranger colors "They should've been back by now..." "We've sent out search parties, Telorus. I'm sure they're fine." still Jenny could clearly see the concern on both of their faces.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It was indeed a marvelous experience full of learning. For one Jenny was no good at just about everything at lest not skilled enough to make an actual living. Though she did manage to make a wide brimmed hat for Sir that was acceptable for the most part. Catching Sir out of the corner of her eye Jenny followed getting Grace's attention as well. Setting the hat on her loyal companion Jenny would look up at Telorus. "Who's missing?"

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Hey sexy~" As Jenny approached she'd recognise the female ranger as one from the party that greeted her into the lands. While the name escaped her for that moment, it was the same girl who seemed very keen on Riley...

"m? Oh it's just the loggers. They've fallen significantly behind schedule." Telorus answered honestly "And that's usually a sign of trouble." the red-haired elf answered with a smile looking at Jenny, though Telorus shook his head "Can't be. I'm sure it's just some light difficulties."

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny eyed the promiscuous red head a part of her sensing a rival but she forced it down. This woman might just be very open about her sexuality. Heavens know Jenny had that stage in her life. "Is that normal for them to be this late? Also is it safe to assume that it cannot be? You are beset by the nyx. I wouldn't assume too much. Thats just my experience anyway.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"The Nyx could never enter the grove. Not without their queens guidance and especially not with the rangers guard!" Telorus answered seemingly hardly considering the option, though his eyes did sparkle with brief worry at the possibility "Well~ We've got group out searching for them and it IS abnormal." the redhead placed her hands on her hips.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenny would wait to see what the two would decide. She was a quest here and while she didn't want to impose she hardly had the time for them to debate the issue. Shadow was insistent that they would need her help. Though in the end she didn't even have her weapons or gear, having been forced to leave it behind. "I could help with the search and besides it would help me see how the rangers handle things."

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Telorus looked to the volunteer with fair surprise, as the redhead beamed a smile "Sure! The more the merrier." seemed unlike most of her group and especially her leadership, the elven girl was hardly radical in her views "Well... I'm sure it's nothing, but I would appreciate it. If anything it would be yet another aspect of our people you could interact with and observe." he'd chuckle politely.

"I'll come too." Grace added with a smile, clearly not keen on leaving Jennys side for now "I can fly so I could look through the forest faster than anyone." she'd admit with a smile, though this seemed to surprise the two elves lightly "Well then best of luck. Ranna I take it you can take care of these two from here." "Mhm~" Ranna answered as Telorus turned to Jenny "As I've said I appreciate your assistance. If there's anything else, feel free to come to us." he'd chuckle lightly "You're not the dark creature you sometimes make yourself to be." with those words he'd quickly return to leading the builders in some sort of project they seemed to be working.

"So~ I take it you two are magic users?" Ranna smirked to them, beckoning the duo to follow her.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Err well maybe Grace sadly my weapons where confiscated upon entry. Apparently the firearms of men are forbidden here." Jenny shrugged "Still I can use just about anything. Ive had plenty of adventuring and I'm a strong farm girl. Though don't expect any fancy moves." Jenny would follow the redhead doing her best answer questions as she could.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ranna snickered "Well~ We're not expecting trouble anyway." she'd casually smile to Jenny as they continued onwards, heading through the builders and towards what seemed the city walls "I heard you've caused quite the stir in the meeting." the girl mentioned casually listening in to what Jenny had to share about.

"Well as far as I know the Spidey queen is sealed and bound. She was a rough target to catch outside of her hive. If she got word to her Nyx... well we'd have to shoot down a whole lot of spiders." the girl shrugged once again with a smile. Though seemed the spider attack threat was not that big of an issue to her.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I've never been one to mince words after all I'm just a simple farm girl no time for platitudes and other nonsense. Though I guess those used to such do not appreciate my straight forward demeanor." Jenny smiled as she followed along with the ranger looking back at Grace to see if she had anything to add and hearing her out before speaking again. "So you caught the spider queen then? That must have been a risky endeavor?"

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Mhm~ It was wierd... She hardly ever left her nest, but there she was scurrying her way from the ruins of Evergreen." Ranna shared with her "I wasn't part of the group that caught her, but I heard it was quite the fight." she'd look back and smile.

Soon enough they'd reach an ornate, although overgrown gate as Ranna called out to one of the guards "We'll meet up with my troop up ahead, you're good for a run right?" the red hair girl looked back with a cockish smile.

Grace would spread her angelic wings and smile "I'm ready." Sir seemed all set as well, it was just up to Jenny to say the word go and they'd be free to head out

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Jenny spoke first with out thinking. Maybe she was running away from something else." Her thought on the matter was probably laughed at but still as they reached the gate Jenny would nod and get ready for a long run.

OP
Ubberific

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Neither Grace or Ranna seemed to be a mean-spirited to laugh at the girls musing "It's a dark place that even we avoid to venture. Every few weeks a group of Seekers or Rangers head in there to recover our heritage, though we can't stay long." the girl looked onwards solemnly "And she wasn't carrying anything."

Still with everyone ready "Keep up!" Ranna would take the lead as they headed onwards through the lush and wonderous forest! Thankfully Jennys magical nature allowed her to keep pace with the expert ranger, though Rannas movements clearly echoed years upon years of traversing such terrains.

As they continued however Jenny leaped from a log to continue her dash only to almost feel time slow as her eyes were guided to the right of their path. Unmistakeably the girl Jenny dubbed 'Shadow' was down a whole different path, seen only by her as the others hand dashed onwards. Meeting the heroines eyes Shadown turned and began to dash the different path.

So distracted by the sight, Jenny didn't even notice the stray root as she'd clip it! The girls speed quickly put her into a fierce roll and tumble, lifting up all too age-old leaves, before she stopped dead in her tracks "Jenny!" Grace quickly swooped in and landed nearby, quickly followed by Sir and Ranna "Oh~ Someone caught the white rabbit." the red haired giggled with a smile. Looking up Shadow was gone.

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shadow was living up to her name well. It was still unclear to what the woman wanted but Jenny hardly had the time to ponder it right now. Getting up she brushed off the dirt she could and got back to it. "Well it was bound to happen right after all I am new to these woods. Smiling she took Grace's hands for a help up and began to move again. "Come on slow pokes!"