What's new

Contra-Style ROR Game - Back at it

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Contra-Style ROR Game - Back at it

Well i took a small breather on sprites to make another cg, in the last hour or so I finished the first step. All that's left is to color and remove some reference dots/lines and some fine tuning if the color depth isn't succesful.

I more or less want to know if people are interested in still art cg at all, i kinda want to get better at making them, this could be a good opportunity to do so.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Well i took a small breather on sprites to make another cg, in the last hour or so I finished the first step. All that's left is to color and remove some reference dots/lines and some fine tuning if the color depth isn't succesful.

I more or less want to know if people are interested in still art cg at all, i kinda want to get better at making them, this could be a good opportunity to do so.
Hmm,this is actually very good.But her face looks kind of strange to me,especially her mouth.Is this unfinished?And if the game will feature sprite sex then it's okay for it to have still CGs.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm,this is actually very good.But her face looks kind of strange to me,especially her mouth.Is this unfinished?And if the game will feature sprite sex then it's okay for it to have still CGs.

i just thought she doesnt look like she's either enjoying nor hating it...

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yea my black pixel lips didn't turn out too great, it's usually a bigger mess than this, but yea it's unfinished, whenever I draw something I leave the expression blank or neutral for the first layer.

I decide what emotions will benefit when I'm almost done and everything is colored, she'll probably be in intense pleasure. In the end I have extremely poor planing, at first I had no penis's and then there were three and her arms and hands were supporting her on the ground and now they grasp phallic meat. So it's probably is a result of that I need a lot of practice before i can decide a direction from the beginning.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Not dead,just lazy or either don't have the time to do anything for it, almost all the stuff I have started is finished.

Rydin32 i just sent you a sprite pack as well as a progress report, just started to get back to finishing what I started.

If people are curious about progress, the first level should have 7 enemies and 1 boss, so far i have over 400 unique sprites, in total there is 9 pixel hentai animations and 2 pixel art cgs( you can see an unfinished one up above) for just level 1. I've already completed all enemies just some finishing touches left.

kiko

Reputation score

the first level should have 7 enemies and 1 boss, so far i have over 400 unique sprites, in total there is 9 pixel hentai animations and 2 pixel art cgs( you can see an unfinished one up above) for just level 1.

My wallet is ready!

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

My wallet is ready!
You don't need your wallet for anything, the game is going to be free.

Their are two parties working on this project(myself and Rydin32) and as of yet we have had no discussion of making a profit in any way, be it donation or digital distribution none of it has been discussed or mentioned as far as i recall.

This more or less is more like a passion/advertisement/hobby project and a learning experiment especially for me.kinda explains the slow pace i guess...

kiko

Reputation score

You don't need your wallet for anything, the game is going to be free.
Holy Mother of God!

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Did a little tweaking on one h sprite today, I made so many sprites today i think I'll take a break.

Here is how it turned out
still needs a little work though. Giant sex changing slime monsters need love too.

NinjaPerv

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How long did that take?

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

How long did that take?
Took about 1hour to an hour and a half, I kinda rushed it in some places, mainly their could of been more struggle and movement.
I can still add to it anyways.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's looking like it could be the end for this game..... starting to get a little discouraged, mainly with the lack of communication we're having.

I'm thinking about moving on to something else now,a solo project since I can be completely independent in artwork, i just need to put some effort in the programing department witch shouldn't be too hard I just never tried hard enough.

I'll update again in a bit on whether or not this is truly dead I need to also figure out what to do with all the sprites i made for this.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It's looking like it could be the end for this game..... starting to get a little discouraged, mainly with the lack of communication we're having.

I'm thinking about moving on to something else now,a solo project since I can be completely independent in artwork, i just need to put some effort in the programing department witch shouldn't be too hard I just never tried hard enough.

I'll update again in a bit on whether or not this is truly dead I need to also figure out what to do with all the sprites i made for this.
Just man up and tell your artist (or your... whatever the counterpart to artist would be) to answer promptly and regularly, or get the fuck out. Don't be afraid to drop the hammer; it is your right as a co-creator to expect your partner to be considerate and timely.

People who shirk responsibility should be pressured - their response to the pressure provides insight as to whether they're responsible but a little unprofessional, or simply irresponsible. Either way, seeing their true colors is absolute necessity before you engage in any real commitment with them.

Last edited:

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Just man up and tell your artist (or your... whatever the counterpart to artist would be) to answer promptly and regularly, or get the fuck out. Don't be afraid to drop the hammer; it is your right as a co-creator to expect your partner to be considerate and timely.

People who shirk responsibility should be pressured - their response to the pressure provides insight as to whether they're responsible but a little unprofessional, or simply irresponsible. Either way, seeing their true colors is absolute necessity before you engage in any real commitment with them.
It would probably be half a year before I'd get a response to that lol.

I work at a place where if you don't do your job your ass is fucked by that hammer so dam hard you never return, so i know what you're getting at.When your employer evaluates your character and your commitment and responsibility the same way. If you're a good all around employe then you never need to worry, work well with others no problem,speak 3 languages, très bien good sir.

When moneys involved and your living is at stake and there is an employee thingy going on, the hammer would of been dropped already, but in this case there is none involved, so extreme pressuring feels like kind of a dick move plus its not a job but the same time it is, more like volunteer work.

I was the volunteer here, I wanted to help. I made some things they were received and enjoyed,feel good inside ya know. I could probably be put in the same boat of not making a deadline on some sprites but they are done and they were uploaded eventually, but on time, nope.

Anyways I've decided I'll be probably be moving on to something else now as soon as i figure out what that might be leaning towards an action rpg of some sort with murder,lots of sex and detective stuff with an engaging plot.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Lots of sex, or an engaging plot you mean? Seldom do the two ever go hand and hand. With the quantity of programmers that are always seemingly looking for artists, it is a shock to me that something like this happened to you. I could go somewhere and see no less than 20 people going, I have this idea and can program it (myself included) but have no artist to visualize the concept.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Lots of sex, or an engaging plot you mean? Seldom do the two ever go hand and hand. With the quantity of programmers that are always seemingly looking for artists, it is a shock to me that something like this happened to you. I could go somewhere and see no less than 20 people going, I have this idea and can program it (myself included) but have no artist to visualize the concept.
It's sex,gore and story ensemble, but i feel that there needs to be more focus on these themes in a more detailed and interesting way rather than just being there for the sake of being there.

So far the main character in the game is a woman named Wiltz, who is already married and has 2 children with that person.

In a nutshell it starts where She is miles away from her family and travailing in another kingdom alone moving onward with a goal she keeps to herself. She arrives at a seemingly normal town In the Kingdom Of Slate where her conflict free journey takes a turn for the worse.

I still have a lot of planing to do but the game will have a main story to be completed, the main story has mandatory sex scenes and bodily harm but their will be countless others that you can decide to engage in either against or of your own will.The game will play sorta like the original "Ys" games but instead of bumping into them off center you have to hit them in the right of left side or in the back it all depends on where their weakness is and how quick you are compared to them. Some will be invulnerable to all that and require magic of a certain element to defeat or use of the environment.

Last edited:

kiko

Reputation score

So, this game is dead? Damn, and I wished it wouldn't perish. Sad.

kiko

Reputation score

Yeah, It doesn't feel like it has the possibility to continue on for now.

I made quite a few sprites for this and it was a very good learning experience.

I'm going to start posting some of the animations here anyways rather than just leaving them in a folder on my computer, you may need to be logged in to see them.

I'll add more later.

Catapillar:

Capsule:

Dog:

Door:

zombie alien:

soldier:

harpy lady:

ninja turtle:

kinky slinky:

Floor trap:

checkpoint:

roper:

Host:
I'd be very appreciative if you posted more of these. They are awesome!