What's new

Contra-Style ROR Game - Back at it

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Contra-Style ROR Game - Back at it

I thought I implied that that's already been taken care of but I guess I wasn't clear.

Yes the jumping was a huge problem and that was the first thing we ever fixed.

Again, that was just a initial experiment that is very old. We have a team of very thorough testers that went through all the releases very carefully (and they did a great job too!).

Once Urine finishes the sprites up I'll put out a legit demo that will prolly contain some experiments with enemy spawning.
Yea probably should put a date on the demos might clarify some stuff maybe, but I would think that after more than half a year would of been more than enough time to correct that problem but you never know.

I never bothered investigating into that problem I merely fixed the checkpoint and the bullet placement on my own and with your help. I also experimented with bullets hitting switches to trigger doors opening with drag and drops functions, never got around to attempt anything else after much failure.... I guess I'll learn to program eventually.

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Contra-Style ROR Game - Sprite making challenge.

You forgot to mention the complex enemy persuasion system that we've been working on, it's gonna be revolutionary, gonna change the endings and everything, also it will help you avoid some conflicts and make deals with monsters that will benefit the adventure.

This... This made my night. Thanks, lol.

Reputation score

Well, I saw that it was an out-of-date demo. That's why I acknowledged that the jumping might have already been fixed in a more recent version. Since what you posted just before is the only version available to the general community (e.g., me), I could only give my opinion based on what I saw.

emjeeman

Reputation score

Alright, finally got a chance to try this.

Let me disappoint you: where are the 2 hidden areas in level 1?

Last edited:

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Alright, finally got a chance to try this.

Let me disappoint you: where are the 2 hidden areas in level 1?
You need to lay down near the wall beside the first gap for a little bit, then a twister will appear and take you to the first secret. If you jump over the twister
the water will drain and will reveal a stairway to the second secret.

Attachments

OP
rydin32

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You need to lay down near the wall beside the first gap for a little bit, then a twister will appear and take you to the first secret. If you jump over the twister
the water will drain and will reveal a stairway to the second secret.
Lol!

Its need to be more cryptic like castlevania.

You need to crouch against the wall during a full moon for 60 seconds and then jump three times while holding weapon 3. Duh how could you not figure that out on your own?!

Reputation score

Here's a hint: You can't normally shoot through the wall.

mrttao

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What is ROR?

ryune04197

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

thank you... What kind of gameplay do Run or Rape games typically have?
Its already there in the name right...run away from your enemies while defending your clothes in some ror else you get raped;)
by the way its a side scroll-er..

mrttao

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Its already there in the name right...run away from your enemies while defending your clothes in some ror else you get raped;)
Well, RPG doesn't inherantly indicate "kill countless enemies to get stronger, something called level-up; zero actual role-playing involved". You have to be familiar with the genre to know what it is referring to.
by the way its a side scroll-er..
that is what I was trying to find out, thank you.

emjeeman

Reputation score

Excuse the bump... but where can I get the rendition of MMX4 Storm Owl stage midi/mp3 used in the demo?

emjeeman

Reputation score

Also, I only noticed the above screenshot now; it seems I have a different version from that. In mine, there is no water, just a plain gap.

Reactions: Oiz

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Also, I only noticed the above screenshot now; it seems I have a different version from that. In mine, there is no water, just a plain gap.
The water was added in. The demo doesn't have the water. :p

Reputation score

Pretty Good!
It really feels like Contra ina way. Should get faster of course, and the H content is a lovely addition.

Anyways... Is the game being worked on at all yet?

Xol

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Where can I download this game? I didn't see a link anywhere x.x;

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

One jump close to the end of demo level 1 really reminds me of one perticular jump from Castlevania 2 Simon's quest, still no where near as bad as that one though.

Xol

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Scratch my question, found the link xD I derped.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Pretty Good!
It really feels like Contra ina way. Should get faster of course, and the H content is a lovely addition.

Anyways... Is the game being worked on at all yet?
I haven't had a response from rydin32 since June he's probably busy with real life's many issues , Before we lost communications I had just about everything redone for level 1 sprite wise.
So I have no clue as to what is going to happen,right now the game is on hiatus till we get this solved.