What's new

SIM [ cmacleod42] Slavemaker Revised Now up to 3.2.06 2/18/12

fuzzy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Slavemaker Revised Now up to 2x15.8

So I guess none of us got into the beta.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

No.

I've found both the beta updates, but I can't find the original file to even use the updates...And I don't know the password for the zips.

In other news, Cmac decided to extend the Beta for one more week, because someone pointed out (Sami and a few others, apparently) a lot of grammatical errors... and those are being fixed. There are supposedly some bugs left...

..... Sorry, I think I stroked out from nerd-rage there for a second.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Blog says sometime this weekend, yeah? That's alright, I'm sure I can find in the meanwhile.

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

No release this weekend.

This begs a good question, however - one I wouldn't even DARE to bring up at the blog, since people are bloodthirsty defenders of Cmac there.

Someone recently brought up the fact Cmac seemed to be dragging the beta out to torture people. Many quickly jumped to the creator's defense, saying that 'the game is free, you shouldn't complain'. I can understand this logic: But I can also understand the poster's logic. He continues to say "Just next weekend!", then, when the weekend rolls around... it becomes the weekend after, and so on, so forth, like what happened just today*. There's no reason to post a teaser (as lame as they were), when he's constantly teasing the people who want to play the game - whether Cmac is doing it on purpose or not.

So, even though the game is free, I guess I just feel the need to ask: Do the players have the right to complain when it keeps getting postponed?

* - YES I FUCKING GET THAT I'VE DONE THE SAME THING AS A GM.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Eh, it's possible that that he actually believed, in turn, that it would be each new weekend, and something's always come up to delay that. I don't know exactly what game making entails but I'm sure we're all familiar with "Blizzard soon". And then there are the games that are released with so many bugs it's ridiculous.

Short of being an asshat I can't see any reason to do that. And we're not talking about you know who here.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Do the players have the right to complain when it keeps getting postponed?
Did you sign a "no complaining" agreement? If you didn't, then you have the right to complain.

However, there are two mitigating factors in his defense that you should at least be aware of:

The first is the difficulty in quantifying how long it will take to remove bugs to an acceptable level. If you knew exactly what bugs were left and how to fix them you'd already have done it.

The second is that he apparently has a chronic health condition that limits how much free time he can spend programming.

Now, the first point is someone reduced by what I'll call the "TSLRP syndrome"[1]. That is to say... there will always be more bugs. When a small number of people are working on the project and there's no scheduling pressure, no release dates to miss, you risk putting off release due to bugs over and over again until you never finish.

However, I don't think we're there yet. But if we don't have something public by next weekend I might just join you. >.>

[1]It's been more then 5 years since TSLRP started, and they still don't have an official public release. And yet they still claim it'll be done "when it's done." For those who care, an alternative project (TSL Restored Content Mod) was started after someone got fed up waiting for TSLRP, and was finished last september.

Last edited:

vincy18

Reputation score
hi guys
i don't know how to enable the tentacle in the options menu
the options has a text written not currently in the game
when i click the box near the tentacle options T__T
can someone help me?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Make sure the difficulty is set to normal, because you can't enable tentacles in easy. If that doesn't work I don't have a clue what would be wrong.

vincy18

Reputation score
thanks for the help
i finally get the tentacleT__T
Tentacle is back!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

In other news:

Sorry, still beta testing.
It has been a bit rough for me due to a bad cold.

Fairly small issues remain. I expect a release tomorrow or the following at the latest.
That was posted this morning. So apparently it should be out Tuesday or Wednesday (And depending on your timezone, Thursday may be a possibility).

scira

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This game has come a long way since when i first played it. I haven't tried the newest version yet, but last version Y did I was a little disappointed in a few things. First thing i noticed was in some of the night scenes, they weren't even using pictures of the character anymore. I think there was a cumbath option that shared the same 4 pictures for all the characters. Also with all the sidequests and hidden endings, it seems theres a lot that would be incredibly tedious to find without the use of a guide. And finally why all these new features anyway? Some of them are totally awesome like picking your trainer gender and having it affect the training. But all the characters don't need such elaborate side quests when it means there are less characters to choose from.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd rather have extended, custom scripts for a handful of characters than one generic one with the pictures swapped out.

Also with all the sidequests and hidden endings, it seems theres a lot that would be incredibly tedious to find without the use of a guide.
They're usually hinted at in the bio thing that comes up when you select a girl, are they not? Besides that, I'm cool with events not being completely transparent.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And 's out!

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

Last edited:

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Also, there seem to be some people who are having trouble downloading the Ayane.swf - it seems to be corrupted. Cmac's instructions are to go to a 4shared site run by Windsongbard (a Masterbloodfer user), and download the Ayane swf from there. Here's the

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe it's just me but by starting a different maker, playing around, then reverting back to my old maker on a different save file, I lost about 10k gold. Anybody know of an easy way to hack the game so I don't have to spend four hours training up another slave just to lose all that money again?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Not really, you may want to check the Masterblood Forums to see if it's a bug that escaped the beta testing. There may be something about the problem even if it isn't a bug, I'll let you know if I find anything since I'm looking around that forum now.

EDIT: Can't seem to find anything about it myself, but I could just be looking in the wrong spots. So maybe someone else can take a stab at it.

Last edited:

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hacking the game:

• Get
  • Find the local flash file storage
    • Navigate to %appdata% (documents and settings\user name\application data)
    • Navigate to the flash shared objects folder (Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects)
    • Find the right folder there (there was only one folder for mine, it will be a random string of numbers and letters)
    • Open "localhost" folder.
    • Navigate to the location you installed SM3
    • Open the save file you want to edit (SM1, probably).
  • Find (somewhere in that enormous list) vSMGold, vVarGold, and vSMDebt. Some or all may need to be adjusted.

I should note that simply loading the game back to a previous save doesn't actually update your gold count. You *have* the gold, but the number on the screen doesn't appear to change until you actually *use* it. That's probably a bug.

handofdoz

Lurker
Reputation score

And 's out!

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
holy crap finally

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Hacking the game:

• Get
  • Find the local flash file storage
    • Navigate to %appdata% (documents and settings\user name\application data)
    • Navigate to the flash shared objects folder (Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects)
    • Find the right folder there (there was only one folder for mine, it will be a random string of numbers and letters)
    • Open "localhost" folder.
    • Navigate to the location you installed SM3
    • Open the save file you want to edit (SM1, probably).
  • Find (somewhere in that enormous list) vSMGold, vVarGold, and vSMDebt. Some or all may need to be adjusted.

I should note that simply loading the game back to a previous save doesn't actually update your gold count. You *have* the gold, but the number on the screen doesn't appear to change until you actually *use* it. That's probably a bug.
Thanks so much.

And nope. I used all of my (zero) slave's gold, then all of my personal gold, about 500, then it told me I didn't have enough. I now have zero slave or personal gold and four energy drafts, much less than the 10k I had could afford.

Thanks very much for the link, though. I guess I could have googled but you saved me that much time and energy.

Someone should probably report my bug to Cmac, I forgot my masterbloodfer password and am too lazy to figure out new info.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks so much.

And nope. I used all of my (zero) slave's gold, then all of my personal gold, about 500, then it told me I didn't have enough. I now have zero slave or personal gold and four energy drafts, much less than the 10k I had could afford.

Thanks very much for the link, though. I guess I could have googled but you saved me that much time and energy.

Someone should probably report my bug to Cmac, I forgot my masterbloodfer password and am too lazy to figure out new info.
You didn't also do something like start a new slave, did you? You lose 90% of the slave's gold when you do that, and combined with paying for an assistant for the new slave, that could easily explain it.