What's new

Civilian Game, Drunkman™ Debut (Aust, Squid, Cappy) Gmed by Diagasvesle

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Civilian Game, Drunkman™ Debut (Aust, Squid, Cappy) Gmed by Diagasvesle

Amelia gave a concerned look to her friend and quickly made her way over to her, in an effort to support her. Seems whatever it was she picked up, it gave her a nasty jolt or something as she dropped it almost immediately. she could only hear Hettie saying something about the stone being magical or some such nonsense. She had seen this in her books a dozen times before: The hero finds some seemingly usless stone or item and without thinking just take it with them. Only later would the hero find out that the stone or item had the power to like...summon a demon or something or has great magical powers that could destroy the world. But stuff that silly only happened in books. Right? Her brain asked no one in particular.

"Don't be so jumpy, Henrietta. It's just a stupid rock. What harm could it possibly do? Heck, I throw stones just like this at wolves every so often to protect my flock." She spoke with confidence, not sure if the flower girl was really going to heed her advice. Regardless, it seemed like Hettie was hell bent on keeping the item. Amelia bent over to pick the item up, in an effort to give it back to her friend and despite her friends warning. However, she saw something she was no expecting to see today.

Amelia too felt a sudden dizziness wash over her and all she could do was shake her head in an effort to clear up her vision. No. That didn't work. Her eyesight only got worse and her vision was fogged up completely.

~The girl fell to one knee in an effort to try and catch her breath. But nothing could stop the sights that poured into her mind. She picked herself up slowly, dusting herself off in the process. It was getting harder and harder to keep ahead of these things and it was starting to get to her. Loud cries could be heard from behind the shepherdess and Amelia could feel a twinge of fear wash over her. Damn it! They caught up with her. Not thinking, the girl just began running in what appeared to be a mountainous environment. She knew this trip was a bad idea. But before she could damn herself any longer, and as a result of being distracted by her own thoughts, the girl tripped and fell into the dirt, hitting the ground hard. Her vision grew hazy as her gaze was met with the sight of some strange...winged figures. They looked enough like women, but they had several...bird like features. She couldn't quite make them out as her vision completely blackened and she felt herself being picked up by clawed feet.

She awoke from her haze, finding herself much chillier then before. Whatever had caught her had seen fit to remove her clothes and was...inspecting her body. She could partially feel the caress of human hands but also of...feathers? She awoke with a start and the feeling stopped as she scrambled away from her captors as best she could, allowing her to get a good look at them. Her guess from before was right: winged women. Mostly human, save for the tail made of feathers, the clawed bird like feet and the feather covered arms ending in hands. The trio of bird women looked at their startled prey and simply laughed to each other. Oh their prey was lively thats for sure. Amelia could see no escape option as the only way out was a long fall from a rather high perch. She struggled at the feathery women finally got a grip on her, two of them pinning her down as a third inspected her body. Every...inch...of it. The embarrassment washing over to once proud farm girl only came off as more amusing to them. A hand finally began caressing Amelia's most private area and she could almost...~

Amelia let out a yelp and nearly dropped the stone herself. What...what in the gods name was that?! Her thoughts had just been filled with something...something horrible. Seemed Hettie was right. Something about this stone was...off. "Take...Take it back! I have nothing to carry it in though. If it's as dangerous as you said, then we should keep it away from those green skins. " She turned her attention to the drunkard, expecting him to know where to go. " Since it seems like you had the right idea, I suggest you lead the way."

Cappy

Reputation score

Thulmer wasn't amused with how things had been going, and his expression showed as much. Watching the two girl's squeek and cripe over the rock was a waste of time, and he was tired of watching it, he had begun limping over to them both, and when the Shepard Girl had dropped the rock, he had a good idea of what he wanted to do about it. When he heard her suggestion, he had already gotten up close, he casually kicked the bloody rock across the plains. It was small enough that it skidded somewhere out of sight, strange little thing. "I reckon we should head Starboa- Eh, east. It isn't exactly the opposite way of the village but... It'll get us away soon enough, and they won't expect us to run that way..." He finished, before he started limping in that direction at as brisk a pace he could manage. He didn't realize it, but he had unconsciously suggested they head towards the coast. Of course, it would take quite some time before they arrived there, probably a month on foot. Well, who knew what was between here and there? Not anybody around here, except perhaps the orcs. He turned his head back as he headed on, "You comin'?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"But uh... ohnono-don't-touchit!" Henrietta squawks covering her lower face with both hands, speaking too late as the other girl is already picking the dubious item up. She is able to see Amelia's gaze falter for that split second, followed by the yelp. "No I don't want it back. Not without something to wrap it." She puts her palms up in a light waving 'no thanks' gesture, proceeding to look around for something to carry it in. Her basket perhaps, she ponders looking back for a second. But when she looks back the rock was already being sent sailing across the field and into the undergrowth by Thulmer. It seemed the man was tired of being delayed by the petty seeming fuss. Within right, given the Orc threat. "Ah... uh, yes, yes! I'm coming!" Henrietta putting the rock out of her mind, as best as she could at least, and skipping after the tough punching old guy. She couldn't help but cast an awkward sideways glance at Amelia as they walked however. She said nothing for now, but couldn't dispel that slight lingering blush. Had Amelia seen the same thing that she had seen? It felt like an embarrassing secret that had gotten out. And what even was that anyway?

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Drunkman™ would snag the coin purse of the orc fighter, covered in blood and also take somewhat care to pick up the letter taking a moment to try reading it. The letters language was unreadable to Drunkman™ eyes. It was probably written in some dumb other language that was unimportant for Drunkman™ to know.

With Drunkman™ throwing up the stone away, he could have sworn he heard a startled cry and the smack of something hitting the ground. But it was probably just a hallucination of his since neither the Sheppard Girl or the fragile Flower girl looked to have noticed anything. (It is a hallucination. Do not make comments about them hearing it. @ Squid and Aust)

With the hobbling gore splattered Drunkman™ leading the way at a fast walk for the girls but a hobbling run speed for him! They needed to get away fast from the town before anymore of those green things showed up. For the Sheppard Girl, she would be handling the new stone mace with delicate touches. It was an unwieldy thing for her and she could tell that she would need to learn to fight with it. While for the Flower Girl, she could still feel herself tingling from having touched that black stone.

The trio walked in a direction that was away from the town entering a woods that none of them had ever explored. The forest dampened the sunlight and kept them from noticing to which way the sun was setting till it was getting late into the afternoon. The sun was setting at their backs, which meant they were heading in an nearly easterly direction. Still the trio would feel that with the woods darkening it was going to be getting worse.
Until Amelia, the Sheppard girl now with no sheep to herd, saw a cottage in the forest. The cottage looked like a hunters cottage a place for hunters to stay and rest while hunting for animals within the forest. With the alien invasion, many of these cottages in Badaria were abandoned in hopes of not being caught by aliens. Still it was a place of shelter for the three.

(IF they enter) If the trio enter, they would find spider-webs and cobwebs hanging from the roof of the wooden cottage along with a dirty cauldron in a fireplace and two dirty unkempt beds that looked like they needed fresh greens for a mattress. Still this place looked still re-markedly in stable condition and it could be a safe bet to spend the night here.. But there was always the worry that the orcs would find them here. Not to mention the need for food. Still none of them were overtly hungry yet even with all this passing of time.

(Now some simple time to RP amongst each other for the choices. Do note that whatever you do right now, you only have a slim, slim, chance to escape unmolested from this situation.)

(Will Edit in Location and GM Cheat Sheet later.)

Cappy

Reputation score

Thulmer spotted the Cottage, and noticed the sun setting the background, putting one and one together gave him three, and he felt that the only way they would be safe is by securing the cabin. He hobbled by towards it and peeped through a crack in the door, waving at the girl's with him to follow his lead. From the looks of it there wasn't anything inside with the exception of some degraded furniture. This place wasn't such a bad idea, but in a time like this they needed to do one of two things, clear the perimeter and make it as safe as possible, or take turns keeping guard.

...Ideally, they would do both, but Thulmer didn't feel he had the energy to stay up much longer, walking took more out of him than it did the others. He was also getting along in his age, and it can hardly help that he fights like a bundle of firecrackers... Still, he could try and keep watch on the second shift, the girl's would probably understand, or at least if they didn't, he could use his bad eye-sight as an excuse.

He turned around to address them from outside the door, "I think we might be safe in here, if we look around and make sure nothin's hiding inside. We'll also need to take turns keepin' watch. We can't keep travelling in the wilds at night, so eh, I guess this is what we're left with." He finished, before untucking his flask to take another nip of liquor. He was feeling quite dazed from that last fight, and his eyes were quite drained as well, adrenaline stopped pumping quite awhile ago.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Painful as it was to leave her tiny herd behind, Amelia did her best to try and remain in good spirits as the ventured through the forest. While this wasn't unfamiliar territory for the shepherd, the girl having to catch a stray sheep or two that ran into the woods, the growing lack of sunlight was making her a tiny bit nervous. The day wore on and it only got even darker, making things even harder to see. However, a stroke of luck happened upon the hapless trio with the sighting of an old hunters cottage. Place looked simple enough, and it would be a place to rest until the heat dies down.

The old man of all people took the initiative and led the girls to the run down looking building. She was able to finally get a good look at the place. Serviceable and frankly that's all they needed right now. The man said his piece, making a good deal of sense in the process. Despite all of his stumbling and...god awful smell, he had quite a head on his shoulder. "If night watch is gonna be an issue, I can take longer shifts. Heck, I'm use to going to bed later then normal. Watching sheep was a full time job and I'd have days as long as 16 hours. Guess I can't boast about that now. My herds likely dead or carted off to be food for some green skin. So...to sum it up, I'll take as long a shift as needed. You guys need the sleep more then me. Sure, she was sounding cheesy, but she sincerly thought the others needed the sleep more then her. The old man needed to sober up and Hettie wasn't use to situation like this. The poor thing had a very rough afternoon and may have lost everything she knew and loved. Sleep might not heal that fact, but even a few hours of relief was better then nothing."

"No objections, I take it?"

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Henrietta stayed quiet throughout the trek to escape the immediate area around the town. She couldn't shake the thoughts about how much might have been lost, and what life might be like from now on, just after everything had finally seemed to have been looking up for her. She strains herself deliberately trying to avoid thinking about the well being of the Rosendales, as without any solid information to go on, speculating about it would only destroy her with worry. Annoyingly enough, the times that she was able to push the raiders and the town out of her mind, she found herself fretting about that damned magic stone instead. She was a simple person, and knew nothing of magic. Which only made it more disconcerting.

Reaching the cottage, she hears the others out and checks the interior with them. Keeping her head on the situation at hand now she considers their options. "Well, if we're doing watch duty, I'd be fine with that. I think that you both deserve a proper uninterrupted sleep though, after that fight, so, I could take the middle shift if that helps." She offers. "And I'm quite good at waking at sleeping to a schedule. The workhouse was very strict on that." She adds, just a little sheepishly, trying to think on how to be helpful. It would probably be dangerous to start a fire, so unfortuanatly warmth and a cooked dinner seemed a non option, even if they had of had any food on hand.

One separate thing that came to mind, was that during their quiet walk over here, neither of them had asked the man's name. Nor introduced themselves. They'd kind of naturally stuck to each other out of safety in numbers. "By the way Sir..." she addresses Thulmer turning to him, "What can we call you? My names Henrietta Brown." She says in the humble manner of someone who is evidently used to living on the bottom tier of Badarian social status.

Last edited:

Cappy

Reputation score

Thulmer gave off a chuckle, then half-repressing a dry cough, before turning to the Shepard girl and replying, "None at all miss, I'm thankful. Oh, err, wot was yer name?" He said, as he pushed open the doorway. When the Henrietta girl started talking, he turned back to listen further, just slightly distracted by his dry throat. "Eh? Well me' birthed name is Thulmer, people haven't called me by that name in..." He cut off, pausing for a bit as he stared into space, "Well, whatever. Just call me anything that pleases ye', probably be better than what people call me behind my back.." He finished with a gruff, annoyed tone. He had started off with a fairly pleasant manner, but between his pause, something had put him into a bad mood. Well, into a less good mood anyway. He hadn't felt this lucid or alive in quite some time.

Turning his back to hide his scowl, he walked in and started to look around the cabin, continuing,"Well, it's a pleasure to make yer acquaintances. I'll go ahead and get started."he finished, beginning to look around the place as best he could, keeping an eye out especially for anything that could be dangerous, or useful. He also tried to scope out if there was a back-door or alternate exit that they could use in case of an attack, not to mention checking under everything with a gap beneath it. As he worked, he made it a point to take a bit of a nip of liquor every now and then, draining his tin flask a bit.

Search the cabin more thoroughly and check for all exits.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seemed the man was at least in good spirits to a degree. Then again, a man who's as drunk as him would have to be happy 24/7. Regardless, it seemed like each of the team was offering some sort of time scale for how the night watch was going to go. Hettie seemed to have her own idea and Amelia had her own plan. Seemed like the two would have to share. But she didn't want to leave the..."gentleman" waiting, and she finally spoke up. "Names Amelia Sheppard. Master Herds-woman and future warrior! The shepherd girl spoke with great confidence that she must have sounded silly. But a decision needed to be made and made now.

"Well...How bout this...I'll take the first shift. Hettie can take the second shift and I'll take the last one on top of that! I only need a few hours of sleep anyway. Unless Thulmer wants to take a shift. I can work with anything to be honest. She noticed that the man had begun to inspect the cabin, which didn't sound like a bad idea. She took to inspecting the grounds, seeing if she could find something useful. A weapon, a piece of armor, a shield. Anything that could help them. Even an old map or something would be helpful.

Begin searching cabin for any useful items or materials. Weapons, armor, or anything of that sort.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Thulmer, then." Henrietta repeats the name, largely for memory's sake, "I wanted to say thank you. I'm very glad that you happened to be around back there. Both of you, actually." She says sincerely. Stopping before it got too cheesy, she heads inside with them both and helps to look around. She didn't know anything about this Thulmer fellow, but he seemed a gentlemanly enough sort, and so far had treated the both of them with far more respect than many other Badarian men might. "Some people call me Hettie or Ettie for short." She adds casually whilst busy investigating the cottage. "Whatever is fine though."

She couldn't help but smile at Amelia's introduction of herself as a "Master Herds-woman and future warrior!" but tries to keep it friendly looking rather than seeming too overly amused by the idea, when she notices that the girl actually seemed quite serious about it. It seemed a rather strange aspiration to Henrietta, but she did admire the sense of enthusiasm she seemed to have about it.

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Drunkman™ would begin to search throughout the cabin. He would note that the wood was rotting here and there but it looked far more stable then some of the wood he had seen on ships before. Checking around inside of the cabin moving stuff around, Drunkman™ would happen upon a highly packed small trapdoor that looked like it would be hard to fit down into for him. Tugging it open would reveal a dink darkness with barely any sunlight being able to reach. It would need a torch to be explored properly or some light source. Not to mention someone smaller then himself. Through the ladder did look rickety.

While the Shepherd would look for items and clothing most notably weapons! She found some chairs that she could break the legs off and make use as weapons. Weak crappy wooden rotted weapons but weapons none the less. Still as she looked around, she found something disgusting sitting in the cauldron sitting. It looked like a rotted piece of meat.. Or some poor creature. But she needed to ignore that, checking the beds, the moth eaten sheets would barely be able to use as sheets. Or clothing but it could work as something if she got creative. Moving the sheets revealed the rotten long grass that had been used as a cushion by those sleeping. Now if they had something sharp they could head outside and cut any long grass and hopefully replace the the rotten grass for better bed cushioning. Still she would also notice Drunkman™ looking down into the cellar before he moved off.

Drunkman™ continuing his exploration of the cottage revealed that, after careful searching, that part of the back wall could open outwards, giving a hidden exit. But it could not open inward without bringing down a good chunk of the wall.

(Found Cellar. Found Hidden Wall Opening. Wall Opening is easily pushed open just by leaning onto the wall. Otherwise lack of utensils are found and some chairs (stools) that are obviously rotted.)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

The place was pretty bare, as should likely be expected of an abandoned cabin such as this. It was clear that anything of value, and even the majority of the petty items, had already been taken and carried off by other passers by. The stools didn't seem very trustworthy even for sitting on. Perhaps good enough for clubs, but Henrietta naively hoped to avoid needing such things. Besides, she still carried Amelia's crook, which the Shepard hadn't asked back for yet. It was at least as good, despite being fairly light, and was longer, which felt safer and easier to use in Henrietta's eyes.

When Thulmer discovered the trapdoor, Henrietta moved over to take an interest. "Oh... There's a basement?" She says leaning over and looking down, tucking one of her braids over her shoulder so not to obscure her view. Not that there was much to see regardless. "Do you think it would make a good hiding place? Maybe if we carefully covered the trap door? I think we need a light though..." Looking to the others for input and ideas. "No one found any candles did they?" She asks not expecting much.

Cappy

Reputation score

Thulmer listened to Henrietta before thinking to himself. He reckoned that it'd be best to have some form of light even if they didn't explore the cellar. No good keeping watch if you can't see. He turned things about and searched the house some more, restlessly swigging some more liquor. As the bitter-sweet fluid flowed down his gullet, it came to him; He recalled how his second-mate got his quarters well-lit when they ran out of lamp-oil. The ragged sheet, and perhaps a solid chunk of wood could probably make a torch, though probably a cruddy thing over all.

Thulmer sort looked around in a dazed stumble through the cabin again, before noticing the chairs. A leg from one of these rickety chairs ought to do. As he leaned down to break one off, he froze. "Eh, none of ya' happen to know how to start a fire do ye?" He finished, realizing that his speciality was always more in putting out fires.

(Sorry for my incredilate update, busy during the weekend and also lazy. Will try post sooner in future)

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Hettie is right. We can use the basement as a potential escape route in the even more of those green skins come back. They'll likely be finished burning down our town soon enough and they'll move on. Hopefully they'll head away from us with whatever they've stolen and head back to the northlands where they came from. Dealing with one of those bastards was bad enough." She knew she was starting to get angry so the farm girl paused for a moment and calmed herself down. She couldn't be angry before her first night watch shift. The anger would only distract her from her job and she couldn't let her friends down. That not what a hero does!

All that aside, it seemed Thulmer needed some assistance. Guess a light source would be useful. Thankfully, the shepherdess had spent many a long night in the fields and would often use a torch or lantern to provide her light for those particularly long evenings. "Allow me sir. I've done this a thousand times before." Breaking off a chair leg from one of the chairs she found, the girl took the broken limb and began tearing a segment of the old sheets. She wrapped said sheet around one end of the torch. "Now all we need is something to actually light this puppy. A match, a pair of rocks, anything that can make a spark. We may also need to cover it in something so the fire doesn't go out instantly.

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Henrietta observations of the cellar herself had her coming to a conclusion. The cellar ladder top that she saw from the leaking afternoon sunlight showed it was rotted and looked to be near a breaking point. She doubted anyone of them would be able to climb down the rotted ladder with ease. Still it looked like the bottom of the cellar was not too deep. She or Amelia could probably climb down there and be lifted back up by Thulmer or whoever was on top of the cellar.

Henrietta’s question would be answered by Thulmer as the drunk-man moved. The badarian sailor searched again this time in an attempt to find a light source to explore the cellar that he had found. He would find waxy stubs that did not have any slow burning string in them. Useless for what he is seeking. Still the idea on the rickety chair had merit.

With Thulmer frozen from indecisiveness and his own question, a solution came from the final of their trio. Amelia stepped up to the plate, as she helped Thulmer break a leg off the chair. A satisfying cracking noise came from the chair as a leg broke off. Thankfully chair wasn't rotted from water but just termites, who had long since left the stool. In fact, a curious inspection from Thulmer, he saw that it looked like the chair had been infested by termites that just stopped and abruptly left before finishing off the chair completely. An odd occurrence but with this day string of bad luck, not something too farfetched. In fact it would be quite good fortune that the termites hadn't just left wood dust or completely hollow chairs.

Thulmer began to take one of the sheets and with Henrietta's help tore it into a swath. While Amelia left the cabin and searched for rocks. She wouldn't have to search far, finding a pile of stones behind the cabin, with marks on them that showed that they had been used for makeshift sparks. She also found some logs that could serve as a fire source in the fire pit within the cabin. Albeit the logs looked to be wet rotted. As a finishing touch, she made sure to grab some dry grass from the forest to serve as a tender. Heading back in with the stones she had found, she came in to the finishing touches on the makeshift torch chair leg.

Amelia grabbed the torch from Thulmer and set it into the fire pit along with some of the tender. She then moved the cauldron, getting help from the other two to move it out of the fire pit before Amelia began her work to lighting up the torch by striking the rocks together.

(Amelia is working on lighting the torch - Chances of Success: 16 vs DC of 5. Amelia succeeds in lighting the torch. Aust can post that happening and who is decided to be sent into the cellar.)

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pooling their collective resources together, the trio were able to get all the basic materials for the torch. Thulmer got the base, Henrietta got the swath and she found the kindling and rocks to light it. Seeing that the rocks bore some signs of use, she could only guess that the previous user also used them for similar purposes. She grabbed them and took them in with her, intent on starting this fire. With all the pieces finally put together, Amelia took the torch from the aged sailor and placed it in the fire pit with the kindling she had gathered. The group took a few minutes to move the cauldron out of the fire pit, finally giving them enough room to work. Amelia then began striking the rocks together, hoping that a spark would catch and they'd have a fire. "Come on you stupid piece of..." Before she could finish that sentence, one hard hit with the rock made a big enough spark to set the torch alight. The shepherdess let out a sigh of relief as she picked up the torch, holding it triumphantly in her hands.

"Well, we at least got a light now. But I'm curious as to whats actually in that cellar. I'm going to take a look. " The girl held the torch confidently in her hand, the light from it revealing a determined look on her face. Whether or not Henrietta would object was yet to be seen.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Well, that's only if it has an escape route. I more meant as an actual hiding place for the night. But uh... lets make this fire then..." Henrietta replies, stepping away to tear some cloth, looking somewhat downcast as Amelia talked about 'finishing burning down the town'. The words both a reminder of things she was trying not to dwell on, and also grating on Hetties hopeful wishes that the town would be ok, "overall". She kept telling herself that it would all be ok. The aliens had ruined the country, but surely they weren't so weak now that Badaria's enemies could just do as they pleased? She knew next to nothing of real politics or war, but the idea scared her very much.

Whilst Amelia works on the fire, she hovers around uncertainly whilst waiting for the fire, light coming back to her eyes the same time as the new fire dimly lit the room. "Ah! Brilliant. We have light." She chirps with a smile, instantly shooing off the glum thoughts again for now. "Alright then. Here, let me hold the torch until you're down, that ladder doesn't look strong." She offers, so that Amelia could use all her hands and climb steadily. "It's a shame we can't build the fire or keep it over night. The orcs would surely see if we keep any light going up here."

Last edited:

Cappy

Reputation score

Thulmer finished helping with the torch's preparation before slapping his hands clean in victory. As he watched Amelia start to descend down to the cellar, he kept a wary eye on the scene. "Be careful down there Lass...", He advised, as an idea suddenly struck him, "OH! And if ye find a good ole' drink hand it up here aye?" He said with a gleam in his eyes, his right hand stroking the fringe of his beard. He had planned on getting to sleep by now, but they'd all have to wait until Amelia was done exploring before doing anything of the sort if they were going to sleep safely. With that in mind, Thulmer took a seat on the floor next to the trapdoor, waiting and watching with curiosity. At that point, he heard Henrietta's comment on the fire, "Eh, yeh it might not be a grand idea to set the fire place... Maybe if we find an Inne we can afford that luxury tomorrow."

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Having gotten herself roped into climbing down the later, all Amelia could do was nod in response to Hetties comment."All right, just make sure it doesn't go out before I get to the bottom. Once I finish down in the basement, we can put the torch out and get some sleep. Have someone start the night watch too." With that, she handed the makeshift torch to the flower girl, confident that she'll take care of it. Amelia made her way over to the ladder and began climbing down. Before she got very far, she heard Thulmer wish her luck. Seemed Thulmer had a soft spot for her. Or at least was playing the role of the protector as best he could. After all, he did nearly cave that orcs skull in after Amelia got hit. That old man was a class act. "I will sir. Nothing down there that'll be able to hurt me!" The farm girl spoke with her usual confidence and energy before continuing her decent.

As she continued climbing down the rickety old ladder, praying that it doesn't break on the way down, she heard the old man shout after her. Good ole' drink? Didn't he ever stop drinking or was his blood just 95% alcohol? The farm girl couldn't help but laugh at his request. "I'll see what I can do! I'll give you the premium stuff too! On the house!" With that joke out of the way, she continued her decent, hitting what she hoped was the bottom. "All right, hand down the torch!" She called back up, knowing Henrietta would not keep her waiting.

OP
Diagasvesle

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Henrietta observations of the cellar herself had her coming to a conclusion. The cellar ladder top that she saw from the leaking afternoon sunlight showed it was rotted and looked to be near a breaking point. She doubted anyone of them would be able to climb down the rotted ladder with ease. Still it looked like the bottom of the cellar was not too deep. She or Amelia could probably climb down there and be lifted back up by Thulmer or whoever was on top of the cellar.

Henrietta’s question would be answered by Thulmer as the drunk-man moved. The badarian sailor searched again this time in an attempt to find a light source to explore the cellar that he had found. He would find waxy stubs that did not have any slow burning string in them. Useless for what he is seeking. Still the idea on the rickety chair had merit.

With Thulmer frozen from indecisiveness and his own question, a solution came from the final of their trio. Amelia stepped up to the plate, as she helped Thulmer break a leg off the chair. A satisfying cracking noise came from the chair as a leg broke off. Thankfully chair wasn't rotted from water but just termites, who had long since left the stool. In fact, a curious inspection from Thulmer, he saw that it looked like the chair had been infested by termites that just stopped and abruptly left before finishing off the chair completely. An odd occurrence but with this day string of bad luck, not something too farfetched. In fact it would be quite good fortune that the termites hadn't just left wood dust or completely hollow chairs.

Thulmer began to take one of the sheets and with Henrietta's help tore it into a swath. While Amelia left the cabin and searched for rocks. She wouldn't have to search far, finding a pile of stones behind the cabin, with marks on them that showed that they had been used for makeshift sparks. She also found some logs that could serve as a fire source in the fire pit within the cabin. Albeit the logs looked to be wet rotted. Heading back in with the stones she had found, she came in to the finishing touches on the makeshift torch chair leg. As a finishing touch, she made sure to grab some dry grass from the forest to serve as a tender.

Amelia grabbed the torch from Thulmer and set it into the fire pit along with some of the tender. She then moved the cauldron, getting help from the other two to move it out of the fire pit before Amelia began her work to lighting up the torch by striking the rocks together.

Henrietta’s idea of passing down a torch into Amelia's hands is a foolish idea. For what end of the lighted torch shall she pass down first? The flame or the stick? Still a foolish and dangerous idea if it was not for Thulmer's help in showing the flower girl of how to pass down the torch to Amelia.

As the duo figured out how to pass a torch down to Amelia without burning themselves in the process, Amelia began the short descent down the ladder. She ladder's hand holds felt grimy in her hands, the wood flaking off and dirtying her palms. But as soon as she got to the middle of the ladder and but a short four foot drop to the cellar, she heard what she, Henrietta and Thulmer had been fearing. Not orcs but instead the ladder! The crack of rotted wood by termites echoed to Amelia's ears even as the Sheppard girl found herself falling down to the ground.

A loud oof came from her lips from her fall on her tush and back. Luckily she had not banged her head against the ground. But now she is in the cellar, the air stolen from her body by her fall even as she recovered.

When she had finally recovered and gotten herself back up Thulmer and Henrietta gave her the torch from above her. Thankfully now that she was in the cellar she could see that they were only three feet above her, making the depth of the cellar only eight deep downwards. Which meant that the roof of the cellar had to be held up by more then just dirt. Having the torch in her hands, Amelia began her explorations of the cellar. As Amelia searched she came upon something that would make Thulmer extremely happy. A rack of wine bottles, with three wine bottles unopened, dusty, but unopened with no cracks she could see on them in the torch light. This is not the biggest find she found but the first find. She saw a big chest by the wine racks, the lock on it broken but something about it sent chills down her spine.

Ignoring those two objects and the implications they held, Amelia continued her search of the cellar room finding a cupboard that looked to have held food in it. As for the rest, the cellar is barren but there looked to have been rope and other tools of a hunter or spelunkers trade in the cellar if only by the marks on the ground.

(Amelia Found - Big Chest that holds something. Wine Rack with broken wine bottles in it and 3 untouched ones. Cupboard that might hold food. Markings on the ground that looked to have been made in the dirt from rope and heavy tools being moved or dragged across.)