BurningGold Test Thread

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: BurningGold Test Thread

Creeping toward them, Julie looks between the three doors for a moment. Making her choice, Julie cautiously opens the one directly in front of her if she can. If it is locked, or won't open, she'd open the door to her right rather than try and pick it.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

The girl makes it to the end of the hallway and fortunately nothing showed up to get in her way. Upon reaching the door and trying to open it Julie quickly discovered that it was indeed locked. It seemed that it would need some sort of key to open. Turning to her right, Julie opens the door, and unfortunately there was something on the other side of it.

Three large male dogs, looking something like husky's, immediately spotted her and began growling, baring their teeth. It seemed the thieves had trained dogs around the dungeon to help with intruders...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Julie immediately takes a step back, away from the dangerous animals and back into the hallway. She draws her gun from its holster in a flash, and has it sighted on the closest dogs head in an instant. She doesn't fire immediately, however, instead remaining on the defensive and trying to sooth the animals.

"It's okay boys, there's a nice treat for you right down the hall. Just go get it and leave me alone." She said, in a gentle voice. She knew they didn't understand her, but she hoped that she could at least keep them from attacking.

(Only fire if the dogs attack.)

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Julie Status: HP = 40, P = 33, EP = 27

Unfortunately the guard dogs did not back down. They continued to growl as they slowly approached the intruder. As the inched their way to the girl, the closest one suddenly let a bark out, and lunged at Julie. Seeing this the girl quickly reacted and fired her pistol, a loud bang going off as it was fired.

To hit: 11+54+12 = 77 vs 23 + 8 = 32 = Julie wins

Damage: 5 + 18 + 2 = 25

The bullet goes right through the dogs head, killing it instantly. The body falls to the ground limp, not far away from the bits and pieces of brain and skull.

The other two dogs still try to tackle her, suddenly leaping at her before she can fire her gun again.

To dodge: Success

She easily manages to dodge both of the guard dogs, keeping them from tackling her to the ground.

( Your character has really high dodge. These dogs really have no chance of grappling or hitting her. )

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(That's what you invent circumstance bonuses for. They're dogs, they're natural hunters and at least moderately intelligent. Flanking, one distracting while the other attacks, feints, and attacking from behind are all things pack animals naturally do to bring down dangerous prey. If it's reasonably possible for it to happen from an RP standpoint, you can have them do it in your description and give a little +4 or so bonus to their action. Players should get these too if they come up with something plausible and/or badass.)

Wincing slightly at the loud bang from her gun, Julie very nearly doesn't avoid the other two dogs as they lunge at her. Scrambling away from them while she reloads, Julie takes a few running steps down the hall before suddenly spinning, taking quick aim, her gun reloaded, and fires at the torso of the closest of the two dogs.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

( Ah, I see I still have much to learn about GMing. )

To hit: 3+54+12 = 69 vs 23 + 8 = 32 = Julie wins

Damage: 3 + 18 + 2 = 24

Her bullet hit's the dog, however it doesn't kill it, only badly injures it. It begins to bleed a lot, blood pouring from it's bullet wound, however it remains standings on it's feet, still growling.

Right after Julie shoots the dog it an the other dog try again, this time trying a different tactic. One goes straight for her while the other one goes running at the side, as if going right past her.

To Grapple: 5 + 20 = 25 vs 41 + 8 + 8 = 57 = Julie wins

To Grapple: 20 + 20 + 18 = 58 vs 41 + 8 + 8 = 57 = Dog wins ( Wow)

She managed to dodge the weak, bullet wounded dog, however the other one had run right behind her and lunged right at her, knocking to the ground and mounting her.

( To explain the +18, I gave the dog the dog a bonus that would require it to roll a twenty in order to grapple Julie. I didn't actually expect it to happen, but it actually got a 20. So anyways, how am I doing so far? )

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(It's something you pick up on, especially when you have either a very kind or very mean GM. Restraint should be used though, piddly enemies are inevitably still piddly enemies, and at some point you have to just admit that they're cannon fodder before rotating them out.

That's a good way of making it possible for weaker enemies to do stuff, or alternatively make it possible for players to survive against bigger enemies. All's well so far, though you'd better come up with some more powerful enemies. I'm giving the dog a bone for this round.)

Stumbling to the ground with a thump that knocks the wind out of her and cracks her head against the stone floor, Julie lays there stunned for a moment, her ass in the air. The back of her mind vaguely wonders what's going on as the dog mounts her, but at least for the moment, she doesn't have the presence of mind to knock the animal off of her.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

( Right, I think ill just give your character one strong enemy to fight next. Like some sort of sub boss.)

Both dogs give one another a quick glance, then the dog mounted on Julie begins trying to tear at her armor. The other, injured, dog joins its companion in trying to rip the girls armor apart for reason that may or may not be clear to the girl.

To hit: 15 + 20 = 35 vs 6 + 20 = 26 = dog wins
To hit: 7 + 20 = 27 vs 6 + 20 = 26 = dog wins

Damage:9
Damage:3

Both dogs jaws clamp onto a part of the girls armor, and with a vicious rip, they both tear a part out of the armor off. If the dogs continued to tear at the girls armor then it would not be long before it was ripped apart completely.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Okay.)

Coming back to her senses, Julie realizes that the things are, for some reason tearing her armor and clothes apart. Unwilling to stand for this kind of treatment, she kicks the leg out from under the thing and rolls away from it, getting back to her feet as quickly as she can.

(Escape grapple.)

Last edited:

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Grapple roll: Success

Julie kicks the legs of the dog, catching it off guard. She managed to kick them hard enough to where the beast lost it's footing a stumbled away, allowing her to get up and continue fighting.

A quick glance at the wounded dog showed that the beast had collapsed onto the ground, not moving much and breathing slowly. It seemed that the beast had lost his remaining energy and could no longer continue to fight. The guard dog would be easy to kill if Julie decided to finish it off.

The other guard dog had regained its footing and was now growling at Julie, baring its teeth as it got ready to attack.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Quickly reloading, Julie aims and fires at the remaining dog, hoping for a quick kill. If she couldn't kill it, she could at the very least wound the beast.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

To hit: 8 + 54 + 12 = 74 vs 23 + 1 = 24 = Julie wins

Damage: 9 + 18 + 2 = 29

Julie quickly manages to reload her gun and fire it at the remaining dog before it had a chance to attack. Her bullet shoots the guard dog in the back, seeming to go through its spine and killing it. The beasts corpse falls to the ground, a small pool of blood forming around it. Julie looked over to the other dog she had shot, it's eyes were now shut and it wasn't moving, or breathing. It seemed the dog a bled to death. Now with all three dogs dead, it seemed the girl could continue through the dungeon.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Reloading once more, Julie slips her gun back into its holster and then quietly creeps back into the room that the dogs had been in. She keeps as quiet and alert as possible, though her head still rings slightly from the smack against the floor earlier. Her hand stays on the handle of her pistol as she carefully and stealthily explores the next room.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Julie continues to go down the stone hallway. She is fortunate enough not to run into anything, and after a few moments she comes up to an intersection. Directly ahead of her is simply a dead end. To her left there is a short hallway leading to two hallways going east and west. To her right is a long empty hallway, she can't see the very end of it due to the darkness. It might be a dead end, however there might be something important at the end of it.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Wonderful. A maze." Julie mutters as she glances down each of her options. She decides that she might as well go for broke and check the dark hallway, since it was most likely a dead end anyway. She carefully creeps along the wall as the gloom deepens, using her ears and her touch more than her eyes to try and navigate the dark hallway. She considers trying to get a light going, but discards that idea immediately, not wanting to risk detection.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Julie continues down the dark hallway, so far it sounds quiet. As she goes on she begins to see something in the darkness, the figure begins to move closer to her. As it gets closer she can see that it's a male thief, the mans face and features now become visible. It's a young, pale skinned male garbed in a similar outfit to the drunk from before, his eyes are a dark brown, as are his squinting eyes. " Hey, who the hell are you!?" He suddenly shouts before pulling out a small pistol from his holster and aiming it at Julie. " You're not in the gang, how the hell did you get in here with James guarding the entrance? Well?! You better start talking before I shoot you girl! " he said, his voice hostile and rather impatience.

( I decided to give you a harder enemy with a twist. Your character can talk her way out of getting in a fight, although it will likely mean being taken to the leader of the gang. If you are taken to her by the minion you can fight her there and then, although your chances of winning will be lower then they normally would be because a minion will be present.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(If only the game mechanics supported realistic bullet-damage on PCs.)

"Whoa whoa! Relax! I fell down a pit and landed in here! I was just trying to get back to town! I've been lost down for ages!" Julie immediately replies, raising her hands in a nonthreatening manner and turning to conceal her gun and sword as much as possible. She stands stock still for the moment, smiling disarmingly at the man. She arches an eyebrow, her smiling turning alluring, and says; "You know, I'd really appreciate it if you could lead me out of here. I'd definitely have to reward you for it." She shifts her position slightly, showing off her curves and tilting her head just a little, making sure there was no secret as to what the reward would be.

It was a cliche, and it was a trick that shouldn't have ever worked on anyone with more than two brain cells, but this guy was young, and young men seemed to fall for this move a lot more often than they should. If the man lets down his guard for even a second, she'd immediately dive aside and go for her gun, hoping to at least injure the poor bastard with the first shot.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

( I decided to roll to see if she fooled the man or not. Unfortunately, Julie didn't win.)

The man looked at the girl with uncertainty, eying her features as as he though to himself. Whilst doing this he did not take his small pistol off her for a second. After a moment, his look suddenly shifts to an irritated one; " Do you think I was born yesterday girl?" the young man asked, giving her an angry look, " I may be a rookie, but I'm no idiot. I bet you planned to "reward" me with a stab in the back huh?" It seemed she had failed to trick the thief.

Suddenly getting more aggressive, the man spoke, pointing his gun directly at her head, " Alright girly, here's what's going to happen. Instead of shooting you here and now, ill take you to Red. She'll decide your fate. If you're lucky, she won't feed you to the mutts."

The girl was left with a choice now. Either risk getting in a gun fight with this man, or go with him to "Red". The man stood there seeming rather impatient, waiting for her to comply.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

'Great.' Julie thinks to herself, whilst keeping her face a mask of terror and frustration. Suddenly, she shouts; "Please! No! Just let me go! I just want to go home! Please! I'll do anything you want! I swear! Just let me go!" She forces tears into her eyes, working the part as hard as she possibly can, hoping the young man will fall for it. If he seems to still not believe her, she'd use the distraction to dive as quickly aside as possible and go for her own gun, hoping that she was faster than he was.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Julie Status: HP = 16, P = 33, EP = 27

The thief looks at her, seeming rather unconvinced. So much so that he keeps his weapon still trained on her. He seemed like he was about to say something, and whilst he got ready to speak, she quickly pulled her own pistol out and aimed. Seeing this the man aimed as well, both fired their guns with a quick squeeze of the trigger.

To hit: 5,+54 = 59 vs 54 = Julie wins
Damage: 7,+18 + 2 = 27

To hit: 15,+30 vs 41 = thief wins
Damage: 6+18= 24

Both fire their pistols at one another, two bullets fly at high speeds and hit their marks. The thief's bullet hits Julie in the left arm, tearing through her armor and flesh. The horrible pain went throughout the limb and blood gushed out of the wound. Julie's bullet hit's the thief in the stomach, causing him to scream in agony as he fell to his knee's. Slowly, he begins to reload his weapon, moaning in pain as he slowly bled to death. One more shot would likely put him out of his misery.

" You bitch..." he said as he breathed heavily, " Ill make sure you don't leave here alive..." he said as he finished reloading his pistol.