What's new

Breaking Things (UnknownSquid and Keylo)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Enigma: HP = 52, PP = 53, EP = 0/109, Status = Pregnant, Helpless
Maya: HP = 58, PP = 51, EP = 105, Status = Fine

(There is no possible way that this can go wrong. :D Last post in Enigma's thread is below, the end of squid's thread is essentially the Maya/Phyrra/Tomoe group going its separate ways.)

((Ack, short post after long hiatus is short >.>))

“That makes two of us…and yes, that was a charming little place.”

Returning the smile, but too exhausted to do much more, the elf would remain still as she allowed the remnants of her lover’s seed to trickle from her…and of course, to be lifted up slowly once Lanai had deemed it time to return to a more…comfortable location. There was little reason to do anything else anyway, beyond basking in utter bliss. Though eventually, perhaps as the two returned to the cottage from before, Enigma would raise a “peculiar” inquiry once a bit of her strength recovered.

“By the way…love, have you made any thought as to a name?...”

After all, it was only appropriate that she began to make...preparations, no? Even given the circumstances of the prior agreement...
Lanai lifted Enigma up in her arms, the demoness having little trouble in lifting the dainty elven necromancer. As she lifted Enigma from the tub and started down the alley, Lani offered Enigma a perplexed look following her question about a name. "Name, what are you talking about?" She said, but then her face seemed to register understanding, followed by a grin.

As she rounded the corner, she said; "Ahhh, so you remember then? I suppose we will have to come up with a-" She stopped mid step just as the pink haired, voluptuous, naked demoness, carrying her equally naked, lithe elven lover practically walked into a tiny girl with cat ears, who also happened to be naked. Maya was likely as surprised by this as they were, given that until now she hadn't found anyone else, alive or otherwise, in Argent Vale. She had volunteered to help the woman that she had rescued search for their loved ones following her parting words with Tomoe and Phyrra, but they had spread out quite a bit in the minutes preceding her meeting with these two strangers.

"Um..... Who are you?" The pink haired woman said in surprise whilst staring down at Maya.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: Breaking Things (UnknownSquid and Keylo)

Her search of the village thus far turning up no clue at all as to the whereabouts or fate of the other villagers, Maya was begining to get a bit exasperated at the strange turn of events. There wasn't even a hint of a fight or struggle had more hunters arrived, and judging by the state of some of the homes, it was increasingly seeming like they had all simply vanished. She had even tried her hand at a tiny bit of the tracking skills she'd witnessed from her mother, but attempting to uncover secrets via staring at twigs was evidently an art she hadn't quite grasped yet.

Turning a corner with a quiet sigh as she looks back over her shoulder, she rounds into Lanai and Enigma without any warning or room to react at all. Her casual pace and lightweight frame don't make too much of an impact, but the shock is plenty enough to send her hopping back all the same. Leaning her body back on the spot warily for a second as she takes a second to gauge who she'd just bumped into. "Who am I? Uh... Maya. I just got back here with the women who were stolen. So, who are...?" She answers, responding in kind, gesturing a subtle pointed finger at each of them. Twin tails hovering uncertainly in the air behind her. "You're not some of the villagers are you? You... don't really look like one of the villagers."

Red eyes, fantastic hair colours, pointed ears, and a pair of curiously contrasting frames. And nude. The villagers had all seemed to favour clothes the last time she saw them.

Last edited:

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Although initially surprised by the sudden encounter similarly to the rest, Enigma would show no sign of it outwardly, beyond allowing her oddly colored eyes to drift...allowing herself to flow into conversation swiftly, but with care as well upon realizing who the strange girl before her was.

"We are travelers dear. Passerbys that have taken up a temporary residence here upon noting its vacancy, so that business may be attended to. Hence, villagers we are not."

Truly an unexpected, but not completely unforeseen turn of events, that there would be survivors of a village that should have been all but devoured by one part or another. No doubt a result of incompetence on the part of those that had dared to strike a deal with her, not that a few peasants were truly a cause for distress of course. Nevertheless, drained as she was now...and the upcoming birth that was to take place, such a fact implied the possibility of unwanted...company. Company during a time when it was necessar- desired to be spent solely by Lanai and Enigma. Normally an issue such as this could simply be solved by sampling a few more appetizers, however... "one must not take life, when giving life". At least, so she had heard from a bygone acquaintance, Thus, so as to uphold such an ideal...it would be necessary to ensure that things remained peaceful in a...diplomatic manner.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Uhhh, right. We aren't villagers.... We uh, found this place empty." Lanai said, and there was a thunderous crash from nearby as a part of the collapsed mansion, which Maya had seen shortly after reentering the village, collapsed further. "We found the place like that." The demoness continued following a brief silence, her words spoken perhaps a little bit too quickly and too firmly.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Naked business?

Maya's ears twitch at the sound of the crash, gazing off for a moment as she watched a small cloud of dust rise from the ruined house, before returning her attention to the strangers. "Well it's really strange, since this place was full of people when I arrived just last morning." She says, easing her stance, but having trouble knowing what to make of these two. Continuing to appraise both Lanai and Enigma with uncertain searching eyes, as if hoping to see something that wasn't being said out loud. Blinking a little upon meeting the elfs gaze. Something about those eyes seemed... uncomfortable, to focus too much on. The rest of the duo was easy enough on the eyes. Maya not showing any restraint when it came to taking in a proper view. The one carrying the other instantly reminded her of Phyrra, but without the horns and wings, couldn't be certain about any racial assumptions either.

Eventually she falls back to the existing matter at hand though, "Umm. So you haven't seen anyone else at all? Or lizards, you haven't seen any uh, large lizard creatures, have you?"

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Who knows dear? People disappear remarkably fast nowadays. There one second, gone the next... But as to seeing anyone... well, I personally saw no one of real significance during my time here. "

Even those experienced with the taking of life would generally have spoke with some hesitation as to the slaughter of an entire village, much less in a casual manner. However, for a being that gradually begun treating the devouring of souls as a natural occurrence, namely Enigma, it was easy enough. Perhaps alarmingly so, were Maya to know the truth, in the same manner the elf's petrifying gaze seemed to bore through daemon spawn's being?

"Is that all you'd like to ask dear? Because if so...I have a few questions of my own for you. Namely as to "what" you are exactly..."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

The strangely vague and overly casual response rather confused Maya. Implying that such things were normal. The remaining villagers hadn't found it at all normal. The question that followed however, caught her somewhat off guard.

"What... am I?" Maya repeats the query, looking down at herself as she searches for her answer. She blinks a few times in thought, looking as if she was genuinely having to think about the answer, rather than doing any form of stalling. She was Maya. Obviously. But what else? Everyone else belonged to a 'kind'. Had others like them. Phyrra was Demon. Tomoe was Human. The lizards were... something? Lily was flower folk. Mother was... Cat folk? Father was a goddess. How easy it was to draw the lines between these groups varied, but it was there. The pause dragged on for a while, as Maya came to the conclusion that she simply didn't know any appropriate word or solid description. "Special" is what mother had always said she was. She had also said not to talk to others about who her father was. In times of uncertainty, Maya preferred to stick to this advice.

"I... don't know."
She finally says looking back up, a little displaced at having been made to consider it. Taking a breath, she continues to give what mere description she could. "My mother has ears and a tail like these, but none like these." She says pointing first to her cat like ears, and then to her human like ears.

"I don't know my father." The statement missed a detail, but wasn't a lie.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

A look of weary amusement would grace the naked and exhausted, yet still inquisitive elf's visage as she observed the half-breed's confusion. Enigma had experience enough in...examining, varying species and the like, to get a base idea as to what genealogy was required to produce a child such as the before her with a brief glance such as this. But as to confirm her suspicions in a more concrete way, a closer study would be needed...at a time when she was less incapacitated.

"It would seem to me dear, you are a "half-ling". Not one of those miserable hobbits, but rather... a wondrous mix between two species. The nature of the womb that bore is evident enough, Su-te-ka, few other sentient races have such distinguishing features as those after all. However...as to your other part..."

But of course, to ensure that such a study could be performed, even if the slightest trace of spiritual perception could have assured Enigma that the other parent would have to be of great power...bait would have to be set first. Or in this case, a mutually beneficial agreement.

"Well, now that seems to be far more interesting altogether. I'm a bit indisposed at the moment dear...but if you'd like, I could perhaps offer you a hand, later on of course, in...identifying what you truly are dear? That is, of course, provided you truly are at a loss as to what you are and not speaking a lie to obscure something...right? I do ever hate when people try to obscure the truth, having to pry for the knowledge I seek is ever so inconvenient... "

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Maya had to put a bit of extra effort into making sure she was properly comprehending the carried women's way with words, a few of which stretched her isolated vocabulary a little, though the meaning getting through plenty. Listening to what was said with fresh attention that had shifted away from her previous business, and silently mouthing some of the words said. 'Su-Ku-Ta...' holding and thumbing one tail beside her hip as she did so.

"Hm?" Enigma's claim of there being interest over Maya's other half only gained further attention. What was interesting? How was it? How did she know? Whilst Maya was aware of her supernatural parentage, the name and vague description of of her fathering parent Naya, that she had been told of was more or less all she had to go on. There was a considerable void of any real understanding that stood to be filled. Looking off to one side for a moment in contemplation, with a hint of conflict, she concludes by taking a step closer to the pair to speak again, though a little quieter than before.

"My other part, comes from my father Naya, the goddess. I'm not supposed to tell, but I would like to know more. I know only her name, and a single story."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanai's eyes widened, and Enigma felt the demoness tense as Maya revealed her divine ancestry. She glanced down at Enigma, and then back to Maya, and said; "Is that so? Is that all that you know about your father? That's very sad..... I happen to know a few things about Naya, little one. Come with us, and I can tell you all that you want to know~."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Nodding as she is asked if that was all she knew about Naya, her expression changes as the pink haired demoness claims to know more. Eye's lighting up along with a small excited smile. Stepping to let them be on their way and falling in step, Maya follows on to wherever they would be heading. "So... I don't think you ever told me your names, right? And How come you're carrying... her, around like this? You're not hurt are you?" She makes a point to ask before any other stuff came up, directing the last part directly at Enigma.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"Hurt?... Hardly dear. I'm simply a bit...drained, after an experience. A spot of rest is all I require really, and perhaps a tale to entertain me in the process. As for a name...You may refer to me as "Enigma", for that's the euphemism some have deemed appropriate to address me by."

Things could not have gone better in the necromancer's mind, as she finds herself returning the daemon-spawn's smile while Lanai leads them perhaps to the cottage from before. The company of a beloved AND perhaps the chance to study a child of a goddess... not even mentioning the chance to learn more about a being she desired to be come, surely fortune was on her side at this time. While it was perhaps unwise to let her guard down at this time, drained as she was...there was little point in doing otherwise anyway. For now, she would simply...relax, and let things come to her. When her strength returned, that would be when she'd take action once again.

"Though I simply must ask, what brings the child of a goddess to such a simple village?"

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Enigma." Maya repeats the name quietly to herself, as she had come to do upon meeting anyone, and anything, new to her. The way the name was presented struck her as odd for a moment, and it would be possible to see her pondering it for a couple of seconds. Was it a real name or not? Though she quickly came to understand. This was the same kind of name as the one that her mother had been given by the rest of the world. If it was the one that 'Enigma' cared to give, then it would do fine, Maya supposed.

Before she could get sidetracked in such thoughts any further, a new question came up. "I'm exploring." Maya chirped back simply. "I want to see new things and meet the people. If this is a simple village then I want to see the bigger villages!"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanai smiled pleasantly at Maya and plainly said; "My name is Lanai. It's a pleasure to meet you Maya!" Still holding Enigma, the demoness offered a slight bow to Maya, bending at the waist and at the knees all at once. "Ahhh, an explorer are you? We've traveled far, my mis- I mean, Enigma and I. Perhaps we could tell you about some of the things that we've seen? For now, she and I are heading off to a cottage to rest. The day has been... Trying, to say the least. The owner seems to have disappeared with everyone else."

The demoness carried Enigma through the empty streets of Argent Vale, but before they could reach the cottage, one of the village women that Maya had helped to rescue came out of the tavern. She stopped as she saw the strange gather, and Lanai sighed tiredly just before the woman blurted out; "Who are you? Do you know what happened? Where is everyone? My father... My husband... I can't find them!"

"We don't know what happened to anyone. The place as empty when we got here." Lanai instantly replied in a tone not unlike a child reciting something they had been forced to memorize, and started to move past the woman. The villager, for her part, looked confused, and then affronted as she was seemingly blown off completely. "Who are they? I bet they had something to do with everyone disappearing!" She said, turning to Maya and raising her voice. It was rather evident that the human expected Maya to do something about her concerns.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

...But of course, as with the usual flow of things, there would always be "one" annoyance or two that popped up. For example, busybody peasants with their baseless accusations and lack of manners, just as before. Were she in a less vulnerable state at this point in time, Enigma would no doubt have administered the same punishment to the useless bag of flesh before her as she had the rest, so as to properly answer her question of course. However, even drained as she was, that would not stop the elf from giving the peon its rightful verbal rebuke it so rightfully deserved...

A disapproving curl of the lip, and a narrowing of eyes. In a time when the necromancer was not drained, an ominous shadow...or perhaps, aura, would accompany it as well. Though for now, a look of pure indignation and a glare that would cower most weak-willed individuals would have to do.

"Excuse me? Do you always throw baseless accusations onto people you meet? Are plebeians such as yourself always so irrevocably rude and arrogant? Manners child, manners. Learn them. Random claims are fatal signs of irresponsibility and a lack of a proper upbringing. Believe me child, if I was presently capable of making a village disappear, your boorish behavior would earn you no favors."

Twas no lie of course, as with the rest of Argent Vale, Enigma had little patience for those who chose to offhandedly accuse her of things without the slightest inkling of proof. And disappearance indeed, was the most common punishment.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Lanai..."

Imitating the bow Maya continues to follow and skip along in a fairly lively fashion beside her new acquaintances. "Yep, an explorer. I've not gone far myself yet. Only just started really, so still lots to see, but yeah I'd like to hear about that."

Pausing as the village women emerged and asked her questions, Maya's thoughts came back to the task she agreed to help with not long ago. When Lanai gave the same answer that she had received and the women turned to her for answers, she had none. Grimacing uncertainly as she scratched the back of her head as glances to Lanai and Enigma. She had failed to find any clues, and didn't really know anything about her current company yet.

Enigma's indignant response saved Maya from having to come up with a reply, but still left her trying to figure out what it might have been. They certainly were kind of suspicious, she couldn't deny it, but making a village of people disappear? "Uh... this is Lanai and Enigma, I just met them now. I was asking the same." She adds in a quieter tone at the end of the telling off, and offering a slightly apologetic expression about not knowing anything.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lanai grimaced as Enigma began to speak in response to the villager, and the village woman, who had just been raped and then come home to find it deserted, responded more or less as expected. Namely, she became just as indignant and replied; "Fatal signs of... HOW DARE YOU!? " She roared, and Lanai grimaced a little harder, her hands twitching as she held Enigma off the ground. The townswoman didn't even look at Maya, so focused was she on the elf who was slowly being carried away, the naked human keeping pace as the others all popped up, having heard her shouting and spotted the strange duo as well.

"JUST WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? I ACCUSE YOU OF MURDER AND YOU DON'T EVEN DENY IT!!" She was huffing and puffing quite vigorously by this point. "IF YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO THEM THEN WHERE ARE THEY!? A WHOLE TOWN DOESN'T JUST GET UP AND WALK AWAY OVERNIGHT, AND WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!?" She looked ready to continue, and the other village women were now looking at Enigma and Lanai with a great deal of suspicion.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

An unsightly outburst as expected of uncivilized lower order primitives, as expected. Though rather than appear intimidated, or even truly "angered", Enigma would retain naught but the display of irritation.

"There is no need for one to deny a baseless claim much less even acknowledge its existence. You were the one who chose to simply walk up to me, and immediately spot off accusations in the manner of a rabid canine. As entertaining as they are to some however, empty claims are in the end, naught but the ramblings of the deluded unless something of worth is shown to support it. Now if thou art done wantonly belaboring a wanderer and her companion in the manner of a mad dog, I kindly request you take your business elsewhere..."

...Normally of course, the implications to follow would be a premature burial in stone. However, lack of energy and past teachings made such a bit...difficult, at the present time, for herself that was.

"Let's be off again love, and pay no attention to the ramblings of fools drowned in paranoia."

Thus, she would opt to simply make as if they weren't there for now, provided they chose to left her and her love...as well as the only other of interest, Maya, alone at this time. If they insisted however, it would be then that...although spoken in an utterly flat tone of voice, that Enigma would opt to deploy an ultimatum, in a manner that her former pet would know all too well.

"Lanai, not to ruin the moment, but there appear to be a concentration of insects about us. Do you suppose you could do something about them? No need to swat them, simply shooing them away for now will be fine."

Though of course, only if they chose to annoy her further still.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"IT'S NOT BASELESS IF YOU'RE THE ONLY ONES HERE AND EVERYONE ELSE IS GONE!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO DENY THAT YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT!!! AND NOW YOU'RE JUST BREAKING INTO PEOPLE'S HOUSES AND-" Her screaming was cut off as Lanai stopped mid step, turned toward her, and looked her in the eyes. A soft glow emanated from the demon's eyes, and the woman went silent and momentarily adopted a vacant expression, "We had nothing to do with the disappearance of your loved ones. We arrived to find them gone. Go about your business." She spoke slowly and firmly, and then turned around and continued walking.

The villager didn't move for a moment, her expression unchanging despite any stimuli, and several of the other nude village women approached her and examined her with some concern. Finally, following a quick slap in the face, the woman blinked and then shook her head quickly, and then said; "I think... I think they're telling the truth. Yeah... We can trust them. I'm sure that they're good people. In fact, I think I'm going to go and get them something to eat, as an apology for what I said. Yeah."

She immediately wandered off, and by then Lanai had opened the door of the small cabin and walked in, allowing Maya to enter if she desired to continue following the other two. The other village women continued to glare after the necromancer and her demon with suspicion, but didn't attempt to confront or harass the two of them further. Meanwhile, Lanai laid Enigma down on the bed, covered her in a small blanket to conceal her thin frame, and then sat on the edge of the bed herself with a sigh. "Some people."

Then, she turned her head toward Maya if indeed that half-daemon had followed them into the small room, which contained only the bed, a rocking chair placed next to the fireplace, and a table with a couple of chairs in the far corner as far as place to sit went, and said; "Make yourself comfortable, Maya. I suppose that there's a lot to tell you about that you might want to hear."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Having remained quiet throughout the exchange, Maya cringed at the raised voices and tense, unfriendly atmosphere. Her gaze alternating between the two sides, but not involving herself any further as long as she wasn't brought into it. She didn't like it, but this was more complex than anything she'd really been faced with before. She couldn't see any easy way to fix things.

She watches mystified as the outraged woman stops in her tracks and Lanai delivers her statement. Further surprised with how seemingly convincing it proved to be. All the fight in the woman's face disappearing instantly, and making a full sudden reversal in her disposition. Somehow, Maya had seen that face before. That fleeting vacant gaze. The mystery of the shift in attitude dispelled as Maya came to realise what had occurred. It was the same power that she herself shared, though she had never used it to plant entire thoughts into someone's head like that before. Had she?

As the dispute comes to a close and the parties separate, Maya simply looks on somewhat stunned, though her reaction blends in without being much at all apparent. Whatever the truth behind the colourfully haired duo, Maya couldn't help but internally remark at how they exercised their power over the situation. The ceased shouting was at least certainly a relief. Taking a hesitant step to follow the pair whilst making one last uncertain glance to the locals, she hops off to catch up and head to this cabin.

Entering the cabin Maya shadows Lanai and Enigma for a moment as she takes in the fairly cozy room. In better condition and better furnished than the remote farmstead she had called home until a couple of days ago. Taking a seat on the rocking chair whilst her current company take their places on the bed, she wobbles in surprise at first due to the unexpectedly unstable seating, regarding the device with caution before her attention is diverted towards Lanai again. "Mhmm..." She murmurs agreeably in response, though looking uncertain on what exactly she wanted or hoped to hear. "Can I just ask first though... you two are demons right?"

With just how confusing recent events had been, she was a little wary of making incorrect conclusions, but the "scent" that was apparent right now was unmistakable. Enigma's own currently drained aura proving misleading enough to throw her off.