What's new

azurezero- is there a game you want me specifically to make

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: azurezero- is there a game you want me specifically to make

It would be interesting to see a game of a type that's not normally seen as an h-game type, like a scrolling shooter. But then again, finishing the projects that you already have on your list is a pretty solid idea too.

lordlubu21

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"A magical hentai games developer finds out that someone is circulating bootleg copies of her games, that trap the player inside when they trigger a game over instead of booting them back to the real world..."

Best game idea :D Oh the sweet irony~~

omp1234

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Kyrieru-chan Simulator:

You come into posession of a catgirl named Kyrieru-chan, and you have to feed her, keep her from breaking her styluses and keep her happy as her game projects stress her out and drain her motivation bar. Occasionally she'll stop her game to make a completely new one, so you have to shock her tits with a cattle prod to get her organized and motivated, while whispering sweet nothings into her ear to keep her making games. She'll manage polls, try to hire artists, and throw things at the puppygirl next door named Azurezero-chan because she keeps barking about the lego dollhouses she builds every five minutes. You win the game when Kyrieru-chan successfully develops 3.5 games and hints at another game with no details as to what it is til a year later. Possibility of a sequel in the future.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

We need tentacles, jizz, and inflation. And maybe dem births, too? xD

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Kyrieru-chan Simulator:

You come into posession of a catgirl named Kyrieru-chan, and you have to feed her, keep her from breaking her styluses and keep her happy as her game projects stress her out and drain her motivation bar. Occasionally she'll stop her game to make a completely new one, so you have to shock her tits with a cattle prod to get her organized and motivated, while whispering sweet nothings into her ear to keep her making games. She'll manage polls, try to hire artists, and throw things at the puppygirl next door named Azurezero-chan because she keeps barking about the lego dollhouses she builds every five minutes. You win the game when Kyrieru-chan successfully develops 3.5 games and hints at another game with no details as to what it is til a year later. Possibility of a sequel in the future.
as much of a joke as that is, a game developer tamagochi sounds like a pretty awesome novelty

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

as much of a joke as that is, a game developer tamagochi sounds like a pretty awesome novelty

I did actually have a concept like that, except it was about making enough money to rescue your girlfriend/boyfriend from an abusive family... my gf finally has a job though so id forgotten about it haha :)

still a lot you can do with that if you go for a princess maker style

masturbation to reduce stress levels, one a month you get a visit from your lover etc

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As the girlfriend of said game developer who he happened to leave his log in details on her pc, I would tell him it is unwise to use his current sex life as the subject.

Instead he should consider aspects of everyday life, even historical life with added kinkiness,
Can't go wrong with secretaries or even female CEO's if you want a little role reversal, playing to a dominatrix dynamic, e.g. Balalaika [black lagoon]

Or a stat building game, where the sexual outcome is dependant on what stats you chose to increase, in various kinky mini games, possibly having certain mini games raise a corruption meter.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lol. I should have warned him about leaving his log in stuff on this site. xD

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lol. I should have warned him about leaving his log in stuff on this site. xD
not sure if it counts as a double post lmao...though as ive explained, the original concept wasnt a hentai game :) and i will have to modify it completely

kyrieru mode would mean player starts out with higher base stats but have to spend more time on games, azurezero mode would start with shit stats, get games done quicker but have less options until he levels up, and games would sell worse until the player mastered japanese

either way, id have no idea how id do it but having funny animations like being whipped for motivation would be funny

Last edited:

Silvar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A metroidvania game is always fun, but I'd be interested in seeing a "Metroidvania" game done in the RPG Maker engine.

"Metroidvania" games are always about one huge, 2D platformer stage to explore and find valuable loot to help unlock new paths. But for me the appeal of Metroidvania games is the exploration and unlocking new abilities. RPG Maker does this extremely well with character progression, monster generation, and easy item creation for the developer. Most RPGs I see tend to focus too much on story telling or context on why character A does this -- but old dungeon crawlers are very familiar to "Metroidvania" style games.

I'd also go on a tangent of ditching the "Game Over Rape" philosophy, but that is just me being biased. Still, I think a "Metroidvania" game is very plausible in the RPG Maker engine.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A metroidvania game is always fun, but I'd be interested in seeing a "Metroidvania" game done in the RPG Maker engine.

"Metroidvania" games are always about one huge, 2D platformer stage to explore and find valuable loot to help unlock new paths. But for me the appeal of Metroidvania games is the exploration and unlocking new abilities. RPG Maker does this extremely well with character progression, monster generation, and easy item creation for the developer. Most RPGs I see tend to focus too much on story telling or context on why character A does this -- but old dungeon crawlers are very familiar to "Metroidvania" style games.

I'd also go on a tangent of ditching the "Game Over Rape" philosophy, but that is just me being biased. Still, I think a "Metroidvania" game is very plausible in the RPG Maker engine.
you probably need this then
there was another i remember having a hookshot but i dont remember where...it was one that had an action adventure kind of thing going on

Silvar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

you probably need this then (URL link removed)
there was another i remember having a hookshot but i dont remember where...it was one that had an action adventure kind of thing going on
That could work, though I was thinking of a more simple approach with the events in RPG Maker.

A Metroidvania game starts off on a linear road, such as "Super Metroid" limiting the avatar's movements so they can find the morph ball ability first. But as more abilities are unlocked, that linear road starts to branch off and open up new paths in previous locations.

It's the same philosophy as an adventure game. In "Secret of Monkey Island" progress is made if X key is rubbed against X door to make progress. But a Metroidvania game opens up different paths with X key. The only difference is that Metroidvania games use a finite set of items that are reusable and rely on reflex-based challenges (such as "Super Metroid's" space jump or bomb jump skills). So long as the player has a "key" then they can open up new paths.

"Valdis Story" is a great example of this by providing keys to unlock doors in their level design. The keys are reusable, and the fun is to find these doors. Even "Super Metroid" used this same mechanic with its doors. Certain doors only open with the super missile or power bomb, but are visible in starting locations. These can only be opened when the player acquires these "keys" and use them.

That is basically a conditional check in RPG Maker. The avatar approaches the door and checks to see if the avatar has this "key" item, or a specific ability and enough MP to cast it. From there it's just a matter of making the levels in RPG Maker and balancing RPG mechanics.

bgn

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I have a clothing fetish, along with in battle rape and things like that, so if could please somehow incorporate them...

Thanks

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That could work, though I was thinking of a more simple approach with the events in RPG Maker.

A Metroidvania game starts off on a linear road, such as "Super Metroid" limiting the avatar's movements so they can find the morph ball ability first. But as more abilities are unlocked, that linear road starts to branch off and open up new paths in previous locations.

It's the same philosophy as an adventure game. In "Secret of Monkey Island" progress is made if X key is rubbed against X door to make progress. But a Metroidvania game opens up different paths with X key. The only difference is that Metroidvania games use a finite set of items that are reusable and rely on reflex-based challenges (such as "Super Metroid's" space jump or bomb jump skills). So long as the player has a "key" then they can open up new paths.

"Valdis Story" is a great example of this by providing keys to unlock doors in their level design. The keys are reusable, and the fun is to find these doors. Even "Super Metroid" used this same mechanic with its doors. Certain doors only open with the super missile or power bomb, but are visible in starting locations. These can only be opened when the player acquires these "keys" and use them.

That is basically a conditional check in RPG Maker. The avatar approaches the door and checks to see if the avatar has this "key" item, or a specific ability and enough MP to cast it. From there it's just a matter of making the levels in RPG Maker and balancing RPG mechanics.
well yeah but what i allready do is that sort of thing, this little red game has temples for some reason, you get the fire punch skill at the fire temple and this lets you activate orbs that give you short cuts and things, also, melting snow boulders in the water temple :) though exploration wise... you need to collect a group of items for the better endings, and do so within a time limit

whereas i consider metroidvanias needing actual skills...like the hookshot or bombs :)

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sequelitis megaman - CAREFULLY CRAFT LEVEL TO TEACH PEOPLE MECHANICS

hmmmmmm

what azure learned...

DROP THE PLAYER INTO A PIT THEY CANT GET OUT OF UNTIL THEY USE THE MECHANIC (PREFERABLY with the powerup being collected at the bottom)

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That reminds me of Super metroid: Get grappling hook in zone where there's lava everywhere; next room requires you to use it or else you fall in water.

Also, I'm noting down that game developer tamagotchi idea.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just spent a little time drawing up a new character sprite for the shmup i gave up on a while back,

I also switched the project from vertical to horizontal, though i'll probably run into the same problems with not being able to create an easy level to ease people into the game...they all just seemed so dull :)

still, i like my robo girl sprite :)

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Nice sprite.
No I was totally not thinking in blatantly copying the idea of making a scrolling shooter why are you looking at me like that.

But in all seriousness though, it's nice and good that you want to make another game, but you already have what, three games on the works? You really should try and finish them before adding any more projects to the list.

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hm.. There's no guarantee that I'd stay as your consistent artist, but if you're into action games (like I am), I'd recommend working with a new mechanic (though, it's risky as someone mentioned before). I also agree that you shouldn't bombard yourself with multiple projects and stay focused on one (like the Little Red game I'm also involved in).

Still, I'm enjoying the kind of work I'm doing at the moment. I don't know what most people expect from you, specifically, but CGs are still effective selling points.

*Image preview is subject to change before the final release.

Attachments

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice sprite.
No I was totally not thinking in blatantly copying the idea of making a scrolling shooter why are you looking at me like that.

But in all seriousness though, it's nice and good that you want to make another game, but you already have what, three games on the works? You really should try and finish them before adding any more projects to the list.
I had a sudden breakthrough in my head which is why i opened up my old project file and did a bit of tinkering :)

either way, sweet cg and i feel good now

Last edited: