What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Azurezero] Damsel Quest 3 (RE196208)

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/early demo done)

Yes, rope bondage could git better in another group of picures for a boss or stage

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The new CG looks way better. plus it fits in with the black leather of the team's slave outfits. That isn't to say that the rope bondage CG wasn't good, but this one fits better.
it prevented me from having the cute handholding i wanted in the cg of kiri and her getting fucked

my inspiration:

leo87877

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

havent tried the demo yet but this looks so good i might actually buy this i love the art looks really nice

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

havent tried the demo yet but this looks so good i might actually buy this i love the art looks really nice
thank you very much

Just done another run through, the nerfs have now made it so even the medic plants go down with just a starting level ren fire and emi double hit. gonna have to increase the number of enemies later on
i also beat the boss with no potions used (though i did use a stimulant) at level 3

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just done another run through, the nerfs have now made it so even the medic plants go down with just a starting level ren fire and emi double hit. gonna have to increase the number of enemies later on
Did you try buffing the non-healing plant to compensate?
My point earlier was only partly that the healing plant was too strong -
rather, the enemy with a healing skill should not also be the beefiest, its heal skill is annoying enough that it should have weakness to compensate.

Speaking in terms of typical RPG archetypes:
- Rogue has moderate HP and good damage, abilities focused on damage
- Tank has huge HP but crap damage, abilities focused on being annoying
- Mage has small HP and huge damage, should be killed/interrupted
- Healer has small HP and small damage, dangerous because he boosts lifetimes/damage of others
- Darkmage has moderate HP and crap damage, but devastating status effects
- Rat has both small HP and bad damage, but appears in large numbers
Balancing out strengths with weaknesses like this avoids an enemy that feels obviously superior in all ways, and in turn makes the game feel more balanced.

Generally, instinct of experienced players will be to nuke down the healers first,
and it'll be more satisfying if the game balance supports that.
Of course, you could specifically design an encounter against this,
where the player needs to do the opposite and isolate the healer, but that should be a rare, specific twist, IMHO...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Did you try buffing the non-healing plant to compensate?
My point earlier was only partly that the healing plant was too strong -
rather, the enemy with a healing skill should not also be the beefiest, its heal skill is annoying enough that it should have weakness to compensate.

Speaking in terms of typical RPG archetypes:
- Rogue has moderate HP and good damage, abilities focused on damage
- Tank has huge HP but crap damage, abilities focused on being annoying
- Mage has small HP and huge damage, should be killed/interrupted
- Healer has small HP and small damage, dangerous because he boosts lifetimes/damage of others
- Darkmage has moderate HP and crap damage, but devastating status effects
- Rat has both small HP and bad damage, but appears in large numbers
Balancing out strengths with weaknesses like this avoids an enemy that feels obviously superior in all ways, and in turn makes the game feel more balanced.

Generally, instinct of experienced players will be to nuke down the healers first,
and it'll be more satisfying if the game balance supports that.
Of course, you could specifically design an encounter against this,
where the player needs to do the opposite and isolate the healer, but that should be a rare, specific twist, IMHO...
it's fine, im probably gonna add a hard mode later on, only way to please everyone... simple enough have enemies have bonus skills if a switch is on, and extra events in bosses

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

CG SPOILER for 2nd quest.

stuff i need to do before next update
  • design the boss (draw her and boss ai)
  • draw and write the game over scene for the boss

stuff i might do before next update
  • add some hunt quests to the two areas
  • populate the city a bit more

still aiming for the 25th at latest

Last edited:

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

*Resists urge to check spoiler*

This may be too early to ask but, how many quests approximately do you think will be in the final game? And how long would you say is the average quest?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*Resists urge to check spoiler*

This may be too early to ask but, how many quests approximately do you think will be in the final game? And how long would you say is the average quest?
it really is too early, as many as i can think of really...
and the quests are varied too, some would be short and involve hunting specific enemies that only come out when conditions are met, some are location based like the starting elkia forest one... i'm gonna try and avoid the kill x monster quests.

capture quests would also be fun to add when i've re-introduced the tie up mechanic

oh...and i also finished writing the scene that goes with the image in the spoiler, just the boss stuff to go now before next release

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

it really is too early, as many as i can think of really...
and the quests are varied too, some would be short and involve hunting specific enemies that only come out when conditions are met, some are location based like the starting elkia forest one... i'm gonna try and avoid the kill x monster quests.

capture quests would also be fun to add when i've re-introduced the tie up mechanic

oh...and i also finished writing the scene that goes with the image in the spoiler, just the boss stuff to go now before next release
Yeah I figured it'd be too early to ask. No worries though, hearing that the quests will be varied is good enough for me.

Capture quests also sound interesting.

leo87877

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i would love to see some sort of event where you get captured by somebody and be there slave for a while or until you had a chance to escape most games do it where it ends too quickly lol

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i would love to see some sort of event where you get captured by somebody and be there slave for a while or until you had a chance to escape most games do it where it ends too quickly lol
asagi was sort of like that, considering the entire game can be spent in slave outfits getting fucked by people

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Demo available here ^^^^

2nd update released, makes use of the slaver content I had done before.
let's see if we can make it to 40 patrons.

My partner is moving in with me and my mother in November, she won't have a job so it's probably down to me to pay her rent. That's just a life update.

with this quest done i don't know what i'm making for my next main quest, i'll probably add some small bounty quests to introduce the bondage mechanics.

I didn't want to use the cabal of magicians under the library yet either...so i'll think on it a bit more, by main quests i mean ones that have a chance of leading to emi's curse being lifted, not that any of them actually do

either way enjoy and let me know what you think, if you like what you see please consider supporting me on my .

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (in development now/2nd update done)

2nd Boss game over fails to trigger, reuploading now

boss game over i worked so hard on works now

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ohh, shiny, new demo. Feedback time! (This was before your update 30min ago, will update if that fixes things)

Potentially game-breaking bugs first:
- I can't get the capture scenes in the mine to trigger - getting teammates defeated takes them out of combat participation, but I can't find them anywhere. Getting defeated entirely plays the defeat scene for the main character, but still doesn't spawn anything - there's two obvious rooms to the left and right of the entrance, but they're always empty.
- Possibly related, getting defeated by the mine boss puts you into a weird state where all party members including the main char are marked "defeated" so you get no action in battle, enemies just keep punching the main char, and battle never ends, even once you reach 0 HP/MP (presumably because both of these conditions don't trigger on already-defeated characters)

My usual laundry-list of improvement suggestions, balance nits, and minor bugs:
- Thanks for the skip intro button!
- Potion lady is important for game balance, she should be introduced more obviously (perhaps an exclamation mark if you haven't talked to her, or have a cutscene where she automatically talks to the party the first time you see her)
- Effects on the overworld map from the battle up north are too big, I expected there to be some gameplay I had to react to, but it was just shinies
- Consider making two different potion types - "homemade potions" that get refilled by NPC, and regular potions found in chests/drops. Otherwise, opening a chest with a potion is a net negative unless you're about to fight a boss: It pushes back when you can refill potions and takes away a potion you could grab later on the way to a boss.
- If you go south after the first battle, you run into a bunch of invisible things throwing exclamation balloons, sounds like the regular enemies got hidden/disabled but not completely.
- The path to the city has a random testing airship (zoom, zoom!) and the two NPCs from the end of the last demo, which is a bit confusing, considering one of them says "this is the end of the demo for now"
- Different from (almost) all other overmap elements, the mine entrance doesn't have a shiny "I'm interactable!" light - this could be confusing, since players were able to go there before activating the quest, and may think it's still not interactable.
- Choosing to go straight out the forest lets you go to the mine with no on-the-way HP/MP restore after just having done a boss battle. Perhaps have the scripted clothing restore also heal HP/MP? There's a fairy right there...
- Slaver AoE should be a mass-grope that does MP damage, not HP damage - I lost way more to straight running out of HP than I got the no-more-MP scenes, the 450 HP damage spread across the team is a bit much.
- The demo ends after the second boss as you talk to quest-guy, right? I saw no "this is the end of the demo" message but also found nothing more to do.
- The lust orb should really be called the .

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Okay, the update unbreaks losing to the boss (since it's now a gameover) but I still can't get rescues in the mine to work.

Other misc things I forgot earlier:
- It seems there's a sign error with poison: Casting it in the boss encounter causes the boss to be healed by 700 every turn rather than damaged.
- The boss orbs say "There was no effect on defense orb" - perhaps the reason for that "fail" is that these orbs try to cast the effect on boss and themselves, and only the boss isn't immune to the resulting status effect?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Answers in bold
Ohh, shiny, new demo. Feedback time! (This was before your update 30min ago, will update if that fixes things)

Potentially game-breaking bugs first:
- I can't get the capture scenes in the mine to trigger - getting teammates defeated takes them out of combat participation, but I can't find them anywhere. Getting defeated entirely plays the defeat scene for the main character, but still doesn't spawn anything - there's two obvious rooms to the left and right of the entrance, but they're always empty.

- Possibly related, getting defeated by the mine boss puts you into a weird state where all party members including the main char are marked "defeated" so you get no action in battle, enemies just keep punching the main char, and battle never ends, even once you reach 0 HP/MP (presumably because both of these conditions don't trigger on already-defeated characters)the games supposed to end if you lose to the boss after the scene, do you mean it still doesn't end?, did you download the fix?

My usual laundry-list of improvement suggestions, balance nits, and minor bugs:
- Thanks for the skip intro button!
No problem, that first scene gets annoying and i had to tweak it loads
- Potion lady is important for game balance, she should be introduced more obviously (perhaps an exclamation mark if you haven't talked to her, or have a cutscene where she automatically talks to the party the first time you see her)
In this case it's down to the player to explore. she is the first npc you can talk to when you move around
- Effects on the overworld map from the battle up north are too big, I expected there to be some gameplay I had to react to, but it was just shinies
I'll change it to single target animations
- Consider making two different potion types - "homemade potions" that get refilled by NPC, and regular potions found in chests/drops. Otherwise, opening a chest with a potion is a net negative unless you're about to fight a boss: It pushes back when you can refill potions and takes away a potion you could grab later on the way to a boss. since you can't exit the first dungeon the potions are there in case you didn't get the ones from the lady. i can beat the first boss without any being used though
- If you go south after the first battle, you run into a bunch of invisible things throwing exclamation balloons, sounds like the regular enemies got hidden/disabled but not completely.
fixed, changed the dead events to a parallel process that erases it
- The path to the city has a random testing airship (zoom, zoom!) and the two NPCs from the end of the last demo, which is a bit confusing, considering one of them says "this is the end of the demo for now"
I've just never used the airship in a game before so i figured i'd check what it's like, and I've just modified his text so he doesnt say its the end of the demo anymore (and directs you to the 2nd quest giver in the city) he still has the slave outfit thing and the patreon link though
- Different from (almost) all other overmap elements, the mine entrance doesn't have a shiny "I'm interactable!" light - this could be confusing, since players were able to go there before activating the quest, and may think it's still not interactable.
should i add a flag wall saying theres no reason to go there yet?
- Choosing to go straight out the forest lets you go to the mine with no on-the-way HP/MP restore after just having done a boss battle. Perhaps have the scripted clothing restore also heal HP/MP? There's a fairy right there...
there's also a fairy right inside the forest by the entrance, kiri is lower than the other two so fighting your way out of the forest is a good choice
- Slaver AoE should be a mass-grope that does MP damage, not HP damage - I lost way more to straight running out of HP than I got the no-more-MP scenes, the 450 HP damage spread across the team is a bit much. Should I make kiri's heal better?
- The demo ends after the second boss as you talk to quest-guy, right? I saw no "this is the end of the demo" message but also found nothing more to do. Yeah, I considered adding a basic hunt quest but i was a little exausted and wanted to show people what i've done to restore my HP
- The lust orb should really be called the . ...lol

Okay, the update unbreaks losing to the boss (since it's now a gameover) but I still can't get rescues in the mine to work.

Other misc things I forgot earlier:
- It seems there's a sign error with poison: Casting it in the boss encounter causes the boss to be healed by 700 every turn rather than damaged.
How very odd...poison worked fine when I used it...
EDIT FUCK... when i nerfed poison from -10% i accidentally made it a +

- The boss orbs say "There was no effect on defense orb" - perhaps the reason for that "fail" is that these orbs try to cast the effect on boss and themselves, and only the boss isn't immune to the resulting status effect?
This is due to the skills requiring a common event to make them use the skills on the boss herself... I can make the fail messages go away if i make them damage themselves or mp though

updating all the other links

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Re: boss: Indeed, that list was written before the fix, I just noticed the fix as I was posting it. The new version fixes the problem.

Re: kiri's heal: It does feel a bit weak, a once-every-3-turn ability that heals for maybe half a potion. Then again, it is free.
Perhaps make it a double-edged sword by making it heal much more (say, 700ish, or 50% MHP, or something) but also do 25 MP damage to the targeted character... Maybe make it usable out-of-combat with the same effects.
Since MP is somewhat more difficult to restore, that should help alleviate HP exhaustion a bit, without giving players a "make not dying" button they can just press over and over to keep going.

Party pickup: Ahh, that works. I ended up walking through the dungeon and getting all the way down to the lever, and figured "I can't just go through the entire level escaping every battle, I must have missed the pickup somewhere"...
It's a little out of the way, especially because (unless I missed it) there's no way to get from the left-hand side of the basement to the right, so you need to go up and around, meaning you end up running through way too much until you get a capable party again.
Also, something that out-of-the-way needs some more obvious hint ("I think it's coming from the right" like in the plant level?), but I still think it's too far to get there, unless there's a jump ability on those railroads that I missed...

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Re: boss: Indeed, that list was written before the fix, I just noticed the fix as I was posting it. The new version fixes the problem.

Re: kiri's heal: It does feel a bit weak, a once-every-3-turn ability that heals for maybe half a potion. Then again, it is free.
Perhaps make it a double-edged sword by making it heal much more (say, 700ish, or 50% MHP, or something) but also do 25 MP damage to the targeted character... Maybe make it usable out-of-combat with the same effects.
Since MP is somewhat more difficult to restore, that should help alleviate HP exhaustion a bit, without giving players a "make not dying" button they can just press over and over to keep going.

Party pickup: Ahh, that works. I ended up walking through the dungeon and getting all the way down to the lever, and figured "I can't just go through the entire level escaping every battle, I must have missed the pickup somewhere"...
It's a little out of the way, especially because (unless I missed it) there's no way to get from the left-hand side of the basement to the right, so you need to go up and around, meaning you end up running through way too much until you get a capable party again.
Also, something that out-of-the-way needs some more obvious hint ("I think it's coming from the right" like in the plant level?), but I still think it's too far to get there, unless there's a jump ability on those railroads that I missed...
the heal scales with her magic though :3

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alright played the recent update, time to post my thoughts!
Keep in mind I didn't read any of the other posts so I may repeat some things you've already heard.

So far so good I say. No real major issues, only game breaking bug I ran into was after the first boss. If you choose to stay the game gets stuck, forcing you to reset. This didn't happen in the previous version mind you.

I also never really had a problem running out of potions. (Thought I got close) Maybe its cause I got lucky with drops (and no I didn't buy any items from the hooded merchant, I figured he wouldn't be selling any potions in the full game anyway.)
Only foreseeable problem is players will likely start grinding for potions when they run low. Not sure if that is something you want but its worth pointing out.
Kiri's heal is a nice thing to have though. Shes actually probably my favorite character so far.

The second boss was pretty neat, but maybe a tad too easy. It was pretty easy keeping her orbs out of play. Though she is the second boss so maybe shes not supposed to be that difficult. Still neat boss.
Maybe make the orbs bulkier but not re spawn as often?
I assume theres no more after beating her? I didn't find a "demo ends here message".

Another thing I'd like to point out is I never lost a battle in this demo. So I don't know what would of happened if I lost at any point. I might have to go back and lose on purpose.
Is losing generally just gonna be a game over? Or will the game still allow you to continue sometimes? I realize that some situations are probably gonna be "Yeah your fucked! No getting out of that!"

Overall pretty good. Keep it up.