What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

I think a better way of putting it is RJ (and me, for that matter) can't figure out how a girl who has been hospitalized would have any capability of wielding a pistol. How would somebody barely able to get out of bed be able to point a handgun weighing a couple pounds at a target?

Now, if you wanted to say something along the lines of "reclusive" or "homeschooled", you'd have a more likely background. But then you'd have problems with the whole "Charisma & Smooth Talking" bit.
I dunno. Maybe she had enough strength at times to train with a handgun with her teacher. Guys, it might not make perfect sense but who cares? Why care? Lets just move on and enjoy the game.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

Making a sound proof basement, and installing a shooting range so a sick, hospitalized girl can learn to shoot?
Yes.

And why did the girl, in her condition, actually want to hold, and fire a gun in the first place?.
Because she saw it on tv it looked like fun to her.

I wouldn't be able to explain that story to anyone and have them accept that as a real story.
None of this is real Raptor. Its a role play. It doesn't make perfect sense but who cares?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I dunno. Maybe she had enough strength at times to train with a handgun with her teacher. Guys, it might not make perfect sense but who cares? Why care? Lets just move on and enjoy the game.
I can't be serious about making her story if my mind is telling me a part of it doesn't make sense, it'll just turn out like Zero's story, silly, and plotless.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I gotta agree with burnt. The character might not make sense, but thats the point of roleplaying over and over again, getting used to what fits. However, if you think that some of the skills are overpowered and shouldnt be matched together, politely explain it that way and suggest changes.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha, I haven't even read your character yet.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

I can't be serious about making her story if my mind is telling me a part of it doesn't make sense, it'll just turn out like Zero's story, silly, and plotless.
I gotta agree with burnt. The character might not make sense, but thats the point of roleplaying over and over again, getting used to what fits. However, if you think that some of the skills are overpowered and shouldnt be matched together, politely explain it that way and suggest changes.
We aren't debating over whether BurntToast can give Aya those skills. We're debating over how Aya came to be.

Aya can HAVE those skills. Aya can't have the backstory - it doesn't give her those skills.

How about this:
Early in her life, Aya got caught in the middle of a violent bank robbery. She got shot and seriously injured when the police stormed the bank, and had to kill the robbers in a firefight. After getting out of the hospital, she grew determined to protect herself, and sweet-talked both her family and the range owner into letting her have pistol lessons. Both have since seen her vindicated, as this rather waif-like child has developed into a champion target-shooter.​

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

At this point, I don't care about my characters bio. Dematts bio idea seems nice and if Raptor thinks it makes sense and can give me a serious starting story like TheTwo and Dematt himself then I'm happy.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Burnt, if you could revise her bio/past so that it coexists with her skills and stats, and makes perfect sense, I should be able to cook something up.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Does Dematts bio idea work?
It doesn't fit in place with your current story, although it does explain her ability with handguns.

There'd need to be a revision to her story as a whole, reflecting everything about her. You can add DeMatt's bit if you want.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Is it because magic in this world wasn't developed? It all seemed to appear the same time as this crisis? So it should be more sudden or something?

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

It doesn't fit in place with your current story, although it does explain her ability with handguns.

There'd need to be a revision to her story as a whole, reflecting everything about her. You can add DeMatt's bit if you want.
That's fine. let me think of something...

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

RJ... it's not a "bit". What I wrote would replace BurntToast's entire original bio.:cool:

At this point, I don't care about my characters bio. Dematts bio idea seems nice and if Raptor thinks it makes sense and can give me a serious starting story like TheTwo and Dematt himself then I'm happy.
BurntToast... a big part of RaptorJesus being able to write a "serious starting story" is having the materials to do it with. That's what you're supposed to give him when you make up the background to your character. It's not just RJ writing up a story for you to read... you need to add to it as well.

Think of roleplay games like this as exercises in collaborative writing.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

Here is what I have so far for my new bio. It has Dematts bit in it.

Aya grew up in a very wealthy family. Her movie star mother and ceo father were always busy and never really had time for family, so they had thier servants take care of the children they had. Aya grew up with an older sister and younger brother. Her older sister was very good with people and a very smooth talker. She ended up teaching Aya how to smooth talk. Aya picked up being good with other people on her own.

Early in her life, around the age of nine, Aya got caught in the middle of a violent bank robbery with her younger brother and their personal servent who drove them around. Aya got shot and seriously injured when the police stormed the bank, and had to kill the robbers in a firefight. After about a year Aya managed to get out of the hospital she was sent to, she grew determined to protect herself, and sweet-talked both her family and the range owner into letting her have pistol lessons. Both have since seen her vindicated, as this rather waif-like child has developed into a champion target-shooter.

Anyone have anything they think should be added?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

RJ... it's not a "bit". What I wrote would replace BurntToast's entire original bio.:cool:
It's still missing something, like where she would start, what she likes to do during her days. I couldn't think of a story to make with just that one paragraph. >.>