What's new

AWMBI - Discussion

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: AWMBI - Discussion

How many people can sign up for the 'More survivor?' quest?

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Three, as it's not a "normal" plotline mission, but just a general mission.

Kayi

Reputation score

Let's try to kick off a quick posting, active play group for More Survivors!

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

Well Lin is in this freeze frame with the NPC guard woman.
So suddenly moving from such a important scene will cause her character to be weird and unsensable since she's very worried about her sister.
If she was gonna go on the mission, she wouldn't want to wear your w.e thingie since her primary goal is to walk around the city searching for her sister.
(That is if RJ can finally indicate that Rin is somewhere out there lost.)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd like to chuck Claire out on a mission sometime soon -- she's got decent guns now (2 ain't -too- bad, I'd say! XD) -- but I won't be posting every hour so I may be slow. Janna says she'd like to hook Caitlyn up, so we'd need a brawler/gunner/smash-things person along for the ride.

Anything left open? (Sorry, didn't have time to skim the discussion thread when there was 10+ pages since last check! :C)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, lol, I'd noticed the 'who can seduce the sniper first?' thread and giggled. XD It would be fun to win with one of the few gals who isn't actually attracted to men -- hooray for drama!

Kayi

Reputation score

Random Question.

If you have two handguns, can you dual-aimed shot? Or can you Double-Triple-Shot? (And if so, are there any additional penalties for it? How big of penalties?)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Let me extend on that question, if you have two swords, can you attack using both at once?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you do more than one shot, it doesn't count as an aimed shot, as you need to look down the iron sights of the handgun in order to aim properly.

You can fire six times, but the penalty is massive for people with anything but near mastery with the handgun.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

... can you dual wield... a gun and a sword?

I wanted to make my character shoot left handed and use a sword with her right because I do that and like it <.<

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Trying to fight with two swords at the same time when you've never tried it before is like trying to write with two pencils at the same time, I'd say. It's technically possible - most letters have multiple strokes if you'd really like to try it, but mostly you'll just be effectively wielding one sword that weighs twice as much.

(I.e. you'll swing both along the same/parallel paths, and grip each half as tightly, and generally be at *best* slightly less effective then you were with just one. And it would just look silly with a rapier anyway. And if you try to wield them independently it'd be like writing the same sentence with two pencils, one from each end. Of course, if you trained with two swords as much as you did with one, it'd be another story, but I don't think anyone has "5" in swords and even that might not do it.)

In short, Jenn wouldn't wield a second sword if it fell into her hand during the fight.

Kayi

Reputation score

I think there should simply be a dual-weapon skill added in for any viable weapons.

Guns are easy enough, line up the sights and fire off on the same thing (low skill required to function, but would only give additional firing benefits).

Swords, you may not fight the same way with two swords, but a talented fighter can parry and attack with both, giving them a heavy edge in combat. (Costs much additional training, but it would give them lots of benefits, both defensively and offensively.)

Fighting untrained with double weapons though is just plain foolish if you don't know how to though. Your second weapon gets in the way of your primary weapon.

This is all, of course, purely from a RL training standpoint. By the same token, of course, single weapon combat can be superior in every way if you can take out an enemy with a single swipe/shot through sheer skill.

... Simply put. Whatever RJ says for the rules of dual-wielding goes. It is a lot of extra to deal with and consider, after all, and he may simply disallow it for his own sanity.

BurntToast

Lurker
Reputation score

Someone go to the basement and save Sekia. Lol.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you have skill level 4 with one sword, you have level 4 with two swords, although defensive and offensive rolls are lessened due to the nature of fighting this way. This penalty can be lowered by having a higher skill with said weapon.

And now would be a great time for Azure to collect... "Data" on Sekia. :D

Kayi

Reputation score

Unfortunately, Azure has no idea anyone was stupid enough to go down there, and she's TRYING to sign up for a different mission. Unless someone tips her off that someone is downstairs, she can't do anything -_-;

I won't abuse OOC information for Azure's IC motives.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Bah I never considered the drawbacks of dual wielding with some weapons. I'm ambidextrous so I never really thought about it... <.<

Kayi

Reputation score

Even ambidextrous, you can't wield two things at the same time at the same effectiveness unless you're trained in it.

All that means is that you can use either hand in single sword fighting effectively.

To wield two at once, you'd need training for it. Or use one, then the other, alternating (which would be the same as only attacking with one each round).

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Speaking of wielding a sword AND a gun >_>;; I've been picturing Luna fighting like that for most of the time since I've joined the roleplay... My excuse? She's ambidextrous.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you're only using one weapon in a turn, even while holding two, I won't count the penalty.

Just cuz I'm nice like that.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Never really noticed anything different if I had one or two things at once... then again I would use them for different tasks instead of trying to make them do the same thing.