Atlanta, Georgia, United States

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Roger drew his knife, quickly moving over to Regina. "Leena, grab that knife, and help me get her out." he told her, already taking a knee next to her, and artistically using his knife to cut open Regina's sticky prison, starting where her head is. Likely, in Roger's mind, the thread the spider sealed her in emitted some kind of paralyzing fumes, so he had to hurry and prevent her from breathing any more in, if that was the case.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leena nodded, wasting no time in getting the knife, setting to work on Regina's arms, her thinking being to free the arms so she could help somewhat.

That proved to be prudent for both of them, the webbing giving off a strange odor as it was cut, and once Regina was able to move enough, she drew a second knife, and began helping with the cutting.

After roughly five minutes, they'd freed enough of her body she was able to muscle the rest of the way off the floor, shuddering slightly.

"Thank god this is close fitting material, that stuff felt weird. OK uh ... so ... to work on our escape route?"

To RJ it probably seemed she NEEDED to think of something else, or else she was afraid she might go nuts.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger turned, and looked to their blocked passageway, a spider hanging on it's web in the doorway, "You'd know better than I would. As far as what I know, that's the only way out, unless there's some kind of ventilation system." he said. Pondering for a moment, Roger turned to Regina, "Are you feeling alright?" he asked her, "Can you move properly? I think we may need you to tell us about another way out of here, since I don't want to waste the last bit of our Tesla ammo on that bug..."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She shook her head.

"I'm fine, looks like the paralysis didn't get far enough to have a lasting effect, thank god."

She thought for a moment before shaking her head again.

"No, there's no other way down, those bastards blocked ... wait a second, ventilation shafts. They don't extend down past this floor, the last three or so had their own, BUT .... The one's back in the other room extend upward, we could take them up and then loop back around and bypass the webbing completely, assuming they didn't block that one too. Only problem is those shafts can only fit us single file, and probably only one at a time. So we've got two choices. One, try to get through that web and pray there aren't any more in here, OR cut through the ventilation shafts one by one, which also risks being ambushed."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger sighed, and folded his arms, thinking for a moment, "If that's the case, lets just kill that spider and go down the rope. I don't feel like going on an adventure..." he trailed off for a moment, "Any more of an adventure, anyway." he corrected himself.

He turned to the webbing blocking the passage, and looked to Regina out of the corner of his eye, "You still have that weapon I gave you?" he asked her, "Now would be a good time to use it."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Her only reply was to produce said weapon, and obliterate the spider, and the web in front of them. The look on her face said it all. That's for trying to eat me you pricks.

"So ... who's rappelling down first?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger walked to the doorway, and gestured in offering with his right, injured hand down the path to the rope, "Ladies first." he announced, the real reason behind his wanting them to go ahead, likely something only Leena knew, which was to prevent either of them from being held up by the dastardly spiders that nearly ended their lives.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regina seemed to have a fair idea of his reasons, and she wasn't complaining. RJ had proven already he was more resilient than he seemed at first sight, and she was fairly certain it was the spider's funeral that tried to eat him.

Within a few minutes, both Regina and Leena had safely made their way back down to the bottom, calling up to RJ to go ahead.

((Once he reaches the bottom I'm going to hold it there til Wolf is back on, since we'll need him first before proceeding any further.))

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Before going down, Roger gave the rope a momentary stare, in memory of what happened last time. He looked at his t-shirt covered hand, then back to the rope once more. Even though his hand was wrapped up enough to make it look like a boxing glove, and it hurt when he tested it again, he knew it was the fastest way down, rather than to go down as Regina and Leena had. It would be easier as well, the only downside was that it'd be painful.

Roger shook his head, shrugging it off, before going for the rope, and firmly grabbing the rope with his right, wrapped hand, squeezing it tight. Then, he stepped off of the ledge, and quickly descended down, before landing on the ground hard, the force of the impact forcing him to take a knee, and place his left hand on the ground to soften his decent. Roger then stood up, and brushed his pants off of all the dust.

He sighed after cleaning off a good portion of his clothing, "I'm getting really worn..." he complained, "I don't think I've ever had a day that lasted this long."

But, I still have to go on... If there's any chance at saving Eddy, Brandy and the others, they're counting on me to do it. Roger balled his left hand into a fist, trying to get some reserves of energy to surge into his being, "Wesker... You'll regret the day you decided to fuck with me..."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regina and Leena both nodded.

"It'll be alright, hopefully this day will end soon and you can rest."

Both of them practically said it at the same time, and they both looked at each other, a tad surprised.

Shaking their heads, Regina finally got them moving down the hall, and soon enough they'd returned to the generator room.

"OK, so now .... let's see if we can actually make this thing work."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When Regina says that, a voice speaks up. "Perhaps I can help with that."

The speaker was the armored figure from before, although this close, an engraving of the United States Air Force insignia can be seen on it. It seems he'd been waiting for them in the room.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leena practically jumped, but Regina just stared for a moment.

"Air Force huh? Well, good to see a familiar insignia then. How much do you know about the system?"

Leena leaned in to RJ and whispered to him.

"That's the same figure who got rid of that Tyrant for us earlier and gave us the chance to free Regina. How the hell did he kill that thing?"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The figure replied, "I had to study the schematics before arrival, since the plan was to sabotage it in the event that a particular person happened to try to use it. And I was sent because I happen to be one of the few still uninfected that can single-handedly destroy a T.A.L.O.S."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Regina nodded, glad at least to have the help.

"Right, well hopefully said person doesn't show up before we manage to do what we need to."

She began describing the time they'd come from, what the situation was, and how far back they hoped to go in order to undo some of it, if possible.

((Purposely leaving this open ended for the two of them and not stating directly each line mostly due to the fact I don't think it would all fit.))

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After Regina's explanation, Roger nodded, "Sometime before the whole attack, as long as we have a chance to stop some of the shit that happened. If we can prevent our comrades from dieing, and stop whatever Wesker was doing, stealing a fuckin' bomber, and hopefully kill the fuck, then we could put a stop to all of this horseshit before it even happened." he said with confidence, as if losing to Wesker was not a possibility in his mind.

Then, he decided to whisper back to Leena, "I figured that. I doubt that even in the future, people have purple eyes." he whispered back.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The figure paused for a bit, then spoke. "The timing should be easy enough...But even back then, it would be extremely difficult to stop Albert Wesker's full attack. And from what I know of your abilities, it will be nearly impossible to kill him."

After the required parts where in place, and the processes started, the figure turned to face RJ and Leena. "This little adventure of yours opens up a possible path out of the incident that caused this mess. Shortly after your disappearance, a strike team was sent after Albert Wesker. While they were able to prevent his plan from taking full effect, he was still able to achieve partial success. If you will take a message back to those you work with, the outcome of that mission might be better than it was for us."

With that, he pulled something from a pouch on his belt, and held it out for RJ: A greenish stone, roughly triangular in shape, and large enough that it would stick out slightly when held in the hand. On one corner, a hole had been made, clean through the stone, and a leather cord was tied into a loop, so it could be worn like a sports medal, of sorts. "Take this. One of the men you work with will recognize it as soon as he sees it. Deliver this message: 'The danger is great, yet the path must be walked.' He will understand."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger growled, "Since when does everybody know who I am?" he said in minor complaint, "Just who the hell-" he stopped for a second, as something the man said occurred to him, "Wait, you said a team was sent out after Wesker? Where was he taking that bomber before we got sucked into that time... Blast-thing?" he asked the man.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man snorted. "Wesker took the bomber to Africa, and used it in an attempt to turn the entire planet's population into B.O.W.s. As for how I know who you three are...You've all met me, at different times in the past. No time to explain, though...That T.A.L.O.S. had a master, and they're on their way. Hopefully, they aren't here yet. Take the stone, and deliver the message. Even if you don't remember the words, the stone alone might spur them into faster action."

He paused, glancing at the screens. "I don't have much time. If I'm right..."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Roger grunted a little, shrugging off the mystery the man was trying to cloud over his eyes. Roger reached out, and took the stone, and put it around his neck. Roger didn't know how the machine would affect him, and the man almost made it seem like Roger might forget, so he decided around his neck would be the best place to put the green stone pyramid. "Whatever, for your sake, I hope we were friends. It'd be a bit ironic if we ended up as enemies by changing the past." he told him.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The figure shook his head. "Shouldn't happen. That is, unless you do something extraordinarily stupid, but from what little I know, that doesn't seem to be your style."