What's new

RPG RPG Maker [アスガル騎士団] ROBFEOY (RJ168054)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [アスガル騎士団|RPG]ROBFEOY

I can't play the demo properly. The names inside the System2 folder are symbols. Can anyone upload that folder with the proper names?
Did you set your system locale as japanese?

Ryudo_Tenjin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Did you set your system locale as japanese?
Yeah, but the problem is when I download something that is in hiragana/katakana and unrar it.

I can see the hiragana-katakana characters in webpages

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Even with locale in japanese, name the folders with english characters, might help.

Ryudo_Tenjin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is the actual problem. It seems the game requires to search for a specific file in a specific folder. So I can't just name it randomly

Attachments

sometimesz

Lurker
Reputation score

This is the actual problem. It seems the game requires to search for a specific file in a specific folder. So I can't just name it randomly
Open 7zip with applocale as Japanese, then unrar it. It should keep the symbols.

Grayrabbit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, I know you guys don't want to beat the dead horse but let me say this,
I'm extremely worried.
Since, I wiling to buy this ya'know?

Latest update on his blog implied his not only just going to put the quiz.
He didn't stated but its implied that his going to put minor glitch on purpose to make non-Japanese player(probably anybody who's using non-Japanese OS) virtually unplayable.
Judging by way he wrote it, probably he's going to put something the shuts down the game if system doesn't have necessary character encode that JP OS supposed to have.
Or put some minor glitch the effect on game balance that make game unbeatable.

Maybe be I just being a paranoid, but I couldn't help my self think that author will pull something awful even jeopardize his own people's gaming experience.
Anyway, I really hope that people who legitimately bought the game is not the one will suffer most out of this...

Last edited:
OP
kh405

kh405

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm extremely worried.

He didn't stated but its implied that his going to put minor glitch on purpose to make non-Japanese player(probably anybody who's using non-Japanese OS) virtually unplayable.
Judging by way his wrote it, probably his going to put something the shuts down the game if system doesn't have necessary character encode that JP OS supposed to have.

Maybe be I just being a paranoid, but I couldn't help my self think that author will pull something awful even jeopardize his own people's gaming experience.
Anyway, I really hope that people who legitimately bought the game is not the one will suffer most out of this...
You have to wait until the game comes out first and then we'll see what happens.

OP
kh405

kh405

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game's creator has just begun the final check and test for this week (fight system, balance system, pet system, etc), and looks like He want to release it before the SFV (Street Fighter V) release (on Feb16), My best bet it that the game could be release for the next week (of course dont quote me on that) they are wild speculations, the game is still listed to be released earlier in this month so...

Last edited:

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm extremely worried.

Judging by way he wrote it, probably he's going to put something the shuts down the game if system doesn't have necessary character encode that JP OS supposed to have.

I doubt you can do any of this with RPG-Maker. Can you? Even then, all we'll have to do is edit out what will keep us from playing, right?

But like the others said, let's just wait and see! :3

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I doubt you can do any of this with RPG-Maker. Can you?
Sure you can. It allows the maker to add his own Ruby scripts, after all. I could probably make RPG-Maker game that formats your HD if launched on thursdays.

Even then, all we'll have to do is edit out what will keep us from playing, right?
Yes.

But like the others said, let's just wait and see! :3
Yes, that's the best idea.

OP
kh405

kh405

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sure you can. It allows the maker to add his own Ruby scripts, after all. I could probably make RPG-Maker game that formats your HD if launched on thursdays.
You cannot format directly or implement something like that (with ruby). You will need to invoke a operating system specific program to do the actual work for you. Under Unix/Linux as root you can read/write the raw disk, for Windows with NTFS you need know the exact format drive, it could be done (in theory) but it would take an obscene amount of effort.

If I remember correctly the game's creator was talking about that dlsite did not allow any anti-foreign protection and he had the needing to encode his own solution which carries one more time an obscene amount of effort.

Last edited:

piepiepie

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The latest blog post talks about them aiming for next week for a release. They mentioned a holiday(maybe not a national; just time off) so we might be looking at the 11th or the 12th.

Nishi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

IT'S HAPPENING

ramna27

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Maybe for chinese new year? I believe thats this or next week.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

IT'S HAPPENING
calm down the hype, im sure sharing the link will cause major hysteria again also all the anti-foreigneer puzzles.

its need to be quiet (?)

Bupkis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

calm down the hype, im sure sharing the link will cause major hysteria again also all the anti-foreigneer puzzles.

its need to be quiet (?)
I agree. While the chaos last time was fairly entertaining, we don't need a repeat to further bury ourselves with.

OP
kh405

kh405

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

we are being watched, so calm down people.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

agreed, for the time being. We should all..

[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.