What's new

RPG [ARUMERO SOFT] [ あるめろソフト] Creature Hunter RE133887 RJ133887

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardnals100

Reputation score
Re: [ARUMERO SOFT|RPG]Creature Hunter

Everytime I try to start the demo I can get an error stating: "RGSS202J.dll could not be found"

Anyone know what's wrong here? I have rpg maker vx ace

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do you have the VX Ace RTP or just the Maker program?

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I get this error after loading my save file and trying to exit the town.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Everytime I try to start the demo I can get an error stating: "RGSS202J.dll could not be found"

Anyone know what's wrong here? I have rpg maker vx ace
It's not VX Ace, it's VX. You need to download the Japanese VX RTP.

The VX Ace dll's start with RGSS3.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yeah, all you have to do is remove the i think. maybe the as well.

EDIT: oh, or i could just do it for you lol

*URL REMOVED BECAUSE REASONS*

EDIT(2): that's... odd. why does it display the link as having an ellipse in the middle? it still seems to work, and i'm looking at the full URL in the edit screen right now... shrug
Thanks a bunch! Since I noticed the older game Hikaru Senki doesn't have a translation at all, I'm kind of obsessive compulsively translating it. At least the items and stuff, we'll see about the rest later. Also not sure about the error, I've loaded up a save file I got from this thread for testing purposes and it still worked. That is, if you're getting that error after adding the patch. Did you extract all the rest of the data, like the graphics folder and remove the rgss2a file?

Last edited:

cardnals100

Reputation score

Sorry hate to double post, now I get an error that says : *Japanese* AUDIO/SE/*Japanese*14*Japanese*

Ayu Break

Reputation score

It's not just him hyperk2, I have the exact same glitch after applying the patch, I have also done what you listed.

I apreciate the effort you are putting in however. :)

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok, I think I see what the problem might be. According to that screen shot, textbook703 at least, is running version 1.03 of the game.
I'm using, and therefor the patch is based off of, version 1.05 of the game. So try updating your game to 1.05 and then give it a try. As far as I can tell that error message is just saying it cant find an image file, probably added in the new version. If any of this works, feel free to rep me. I love me some rep.

perost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello! I'm one of the main translators for the game RyonaRPG (if you've heard of it), and I decided as a little side project that I'd help with the translation of this game.
Excellent! If you don't mind I'll add your translation of the story and such to my translation. Doing so would make it a lot easier to update the translation to work with the big update when it's released, since I use my own tool to do the translation instead of using RPG Maker.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm not sure exactly what you're planning, but you can do whatever I suppose. I will say however, the version of the patch I put up should have just about everything done, and it's already kind of combined with your patch since I used it as one of the bases. Granted there's already at least one typo I've noticed, but I don't want to keep re-uploading it.

I saw something on the dev's blog about a "Strike S", is that the update you're talking about? I thought it was a new game.

perost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure exactly what you're planning, but you can do whatever I suppose. I will say however, the version of the patch I put up should have just about everything done, and it's already kind of combined with your patch since I used it as one of the bases. Granted there's already at least one typo I've noticed, but I don't want to keep re-uploading it.

I saw something on the dev's blog about a "Strike S", is that the update you're talking about? I thought it was a new game.
Arumero Soft usually releases a big update to their games consisting of quite a lot of new material, and this game doesn't seem to be an exception. Unless I've misunderstood something this is what Strike S is, an update which will feature additional enemies, costumes and levels.

A translation done with RPG Maker is usually not compatible with a new version of the game though, since the translation is applied to the data files themselves. Updating a translation so that it works with a new version of a game is annoying and rarely happens, since it involves manually copying all the translated text into the new version using RPG Maker. So I wrote a tool (see here) which dumps all translatable text to JSON files, which are then used for the translation instead of doing the translation directly in RPG Maker. The tool is capable of automatically updating a translation so that it's compatible with a new version of the game, as far as that's possible.

So when I said I'll add your translations to my translation, I simply meant that I'll add it to the JSON files so that I can update the translation when the update is released.

textbook703

Reputation score

Ok, I think I see what the problem might be. According to that screen shot, textbook703 at least, is running version 1.03 of the game.
I'm using, and therefor the patch is based off of, version 1.05 of the game. So try updating your game to 1.05 and then give it a try. As far as I can tell that error message is just saying it cant find an image file, probably added in the new version. [...]
Oh, I'm retarded. Thanks.

Also, uh... anybody got a mega link for the newest version?

Ayu Break

Reputation score

Mega, no. Sukebi, yes.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I have a question for whoever did this part of the translation, sorter I think.
How did you translate the text for when you collect an icon from a gathering point. Like it will say "*ITEM*"-----"Obtained". I'm specifically looking for the obtained part. I've tried scouring the scripts and looked through the common events but nothing's worked so far.

perost

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a question for whoever did this part of the translation, sorter I think.
How did you translate the text for when you collect an icon from a gathering point. Like it will say "*ITEM*"-----"Obtained". I'm specifically looking for the obtained part. I've tried scouring the scripts and looked through the common events but nothing's worked so far.
That was me. The text is in the description for each item you can pickup. The description is then parsed by a script.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That was me. The text is in the description for each item you can pickup. The description is then parsed by a script.
Oh shit thanks! I've done some work on Hikaru Senki RPG and that was one of the things still around. There's so many places for them to put stuff, sheesh. So with that, I have about all of the utilitarian type stuff like the menu options(ui) and items/equipment done for that game. I'll probably put that up soon. Not sure if I'm going to do all the conversations or not, I'll see how much there is.

textbook703

Reputation score

So in 1.3, there was a "Data" folder with uh... well, data inside. To put in the translations, I just plopped them into the Data folder and allowed it to overwrite what it needed to.

In 1.05, I can't find the data folder. I tried starting the game, changing locations, fighting an enemy, saving the game, and walking around the map, but still no Data folder (or anything going by the name of the files in the translation). I also tried just making my own data folder, but still no dice.

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So in 1.3, there was a "Data" folder with uh... well, data inside. To put in the translations, I just plopped them into the Data folder and allowed it to overwrite what it needed to.

In 1.05, I can't find the data folder. I tried starting the game, changing locations, fighting an enemy, saving the game, and walking around the map, but still no Data folder (or anything going by the name of the files in the translation). I also tried just making my own data folder, but still no dice.
Get your hands on the program "All decrypter"(there's a tutorial on this forum somewhere) and use that to extract the data from the core game. That will create a couple of folders(data/graphics I think). From there replace the files in the newly created data folder with the translated files and then copy both folders into the game's main folder. From there I think you have to delete the rgss2a file, and then everything should work. At least that's how I did it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.