What's new

RPG [Architect] Monstergirls Unlimited RPG RPGMaker

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Monstergirls Unlimited RPG

game crashed in sanctuery, at the cockatrice eggs bit.
happens sometimes, its a known issue, something about moving into the spot diagonally instead of orthogonally.

-Oberon

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

any news on version 1.0?

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

can it really be considered 1.0 if its not finished? =o

but im gonna go with a no, its either being held up on debugging on the area after the last game stopper.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

happens sometimes, its a known issue, something about moving into the spot diagonally instead of orthogonally.

-Oberon
well, it seemed more like it just didnt give control back after making a npc walk-scene. its happened a few time since then too. not so much a crash but staying in "cutscene mode"

Crossbow1701

Reputation score

can it really be considered 1.0 if its not finished? =o

but im gonna go with a no, its either being held up on debugging on the area after the last game stopper.
well if you go by numbers the latest version is 0.9 so i just assumed it was 1.0.

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

well, it seemed more like it just didnt give control back after making a npc walk-scene. its happened a few time since then too. not so much a crash but staying in "cutscene mode"
when you talk to the person you need to walk in a straight line, not at an angle. If you dont you get stuck on the fence for not being perfectly lined up with the opening.

It more then likely will be version 1.0, which is normally reserved for full version but some people simple go up by 1 every update even if it they are just fixing a bug.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Note: This game is on hiatus indefinitely due to an error I can't seem to solve. Basically, every time I try to run a battle scene it crashes the game with:

"RGSS2 Player has stopped working"

No matter what I do to the game, how many scripts I remove, or how many modifications I make, it won't go away, much to my angst. As a result I cannot continue with game progress since I can't make advancements only to have to redo them entirely because of something wrong with what I'm using to make the game. It's a real mystery, since the game was perfectly fine when I published 0.9 and only recently started to bug up.

On a happier note, since I have free time now, I'm going to go make some other game to entertain you all in the meantime.

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

id like to suggest uploading your code and letting others fiddle around with it

but thats up to you

gl with your new game making

Adra

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Note: This game is on hiatus indefinitely due to an error I can't seem to solve. Basically, every time I try to run a battle scene it crashes the game with:

No matter what I do to the game, how many scripts I remove, or how many modifications I make, it won't go away, much to my angst. As a result I cannot continue with game progress since I can't make advancements only to have to redo them entirely because of something wrong with what I'm using to make the game. It's a real mystery, since the game was perfectly fine when I published 0.9 and only recently started to bug up.

On a happier note, since I have free time now, I'm going to go make some other game to entertain you all in the meantime.
Good luck for solving your problem. And don't forget to let us know about your other project. :D

Crossbow1701

Reputation score

any chance you can just put more monsters instead of continuing with the game? Now i'm up with waiting until you get the coding working but would also like so more monsters.

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

A little poking around shows that as being a library error, are you using it on a new install or a new system, or upgraded system?

Replacing the dll or chaging the name in the game.ini are common ways of resolving the issue.

-Oberon

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Didn't make any major changes to my PC save for some windows updates. The error is one of those where the game file suddenly fucks up due to some kind of script making it error. If only I could find the script in question.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

what's stopping you from starting again at working(at least on my PC for sure) 0.9 version?You could add completed new scripts one by one and see where it blows in your face. I really liked this game, so it will be a shame if it would never be finished.

Btw, where do you accept ideas for you new project? :)

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

from my research this problem can happen on vista machines occasionally. To test to see if it is actually a bug in the scripts try to run the game in admin or comparability modes. If the player still doesn't work for the game you can either download tge and reinstall the player to try and get it to work. if that still doesn't fix the problem then the hang up is with your machine itself and some other program stopping the player from working correctly.

This is what I was able to find in my research on the problem, the only other source that I have heard of for this problem is the library itself which would require a reinstall of the rtp to fix it. I also learned that using bitmaps for the pictures in the game will occasionally cause this issue as well.

I wish you luck on getting the error fixed and on any new games you decide to make.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I am using the 0.9; I even went and backtracked all the way to 0.7! It's not working. It's probably a PC thing. This is one of those damned major bugs.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yeah, that's PC for sure. If you have some restoration points on your Windows, you could try that.Usually Win creates such points, when major dll-related changes occur(like installation of DirectX distributive).I assume reinstalling rpgmakers didn't help, so need to look for programs using same libraries.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

I am using the 0.9; I even went and backtracked all the way to 0.7! It's not working. It's probably a PC thing. This is one of those damned major bugs.
hmm? your using VX right? I've heard of such on 2000/2003 due to the normal RPG_RT.ldb file getting bugged out, and normally you need to start up a NEW project and replace that with the old one...and then rename/reformat stuff a bit, but it's better then having to start ALL over again.

Not sure sure how to go about fixing this on VX thought :/

slpowerhouse

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

hmm? your using VX right? I've heard of such on 2000/2003 due to the normal RPG_RT.ldb file getting bugged out, and normally you need to start up a NEW project and replace that with the old one...and then rename/reformat stuff a bit, but it's better then having to start ALL over again.

Not sure sure how to go about fixing this on VX thought :/
The fix is usually reinstalling the RTP for VX since that would reset the library files. At least that is how I always fixed the RGSS error when ever it occurred with games I was trying to play.

OP
Architect

Architect

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Problem fixed. It was a DEP error. Kudos to Joker47 for helping solve it. Back in business, no worries. And, as for the other game I was working on since MGU RPG was stopped, eh, I'll do two games, what does it matter?

Crossbow1701

Reputation score

Problem fixed. It was a DEP error. Kudos to Joker47 for helping solve it. Back in business, no worries. And, as for the other game I was working on since MGU RPG was stopped, eh, I'll do two games, what does it matter?
so how fast can you usually make an update on the game?