What's new

RPG [Amatsuchiya] サキクエ / Saki Quest (RJ088540)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Saki Quest (Out now!!!!)

As for translation, I was actually working on one for the 3 games but then I realised, there's no translation tool for the VX games just yet so even if I did do it we'd have to wait

Last edited:

mellofellow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I down loaded this game form the mediafire link on the frist page. When I installed it, it was missing and Audio S/E file 3. I had to leave for work soon when I managed to post this so if someone already fixed it please just point me in the right direction.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I down loaded this game form the mediafire link on the frist page. When I installed it, it was missing and Audio S/E file 3. I had to leave for work soon when I managed to post this so if someone already fixed it please just point me in the right direction.
Pretty sure it was covered at some point that you need to extract it under japanese locale to fix that. or try one of the later versions, I don't think the 1st post is the most up to date, the latest is 1.08 I think ( could be 1.09 but I think that just contains spelling fixes)

saladboy21

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

lazycat said:
Actually, some of the status secretly increase your int too (I generally notice my stat goes up after a Charm, and go back down if I cleanse it)

.- . so maybe you're just seeing the loss from those.
Possible, though the tested sleep I was not under any status effects.

Not only that, having a kid doesn't make you lose lewdness, being pregnant(like most other statuses) boosts your lewdness temporarily(untill you lose the status/have a kid).
Aha see I did not know that. That bothers me a lot less.

saladboy21

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If you are getting the SE error then it is not being installed under japanese locale. I got that error on my laptop and had to go into the settings on it to fix it. Just running it Japanese as administrator was not enough had to set the whole laptop's settings over.

HERO1000

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

As for translation, I was actually working on one for the 3 games but then I realised, there's no translation tool for the VX games just yet so even if I did do it we'd have to wait
Can't you just use the VX RPG Maker to edit the text in the games?

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can't you just use the VX RPG Maker to edit the text in the games?
Yeah, but if the author updates the game you have to do the work anew, since simply copying the maps won't work if he changes events on existing maps.

HERO1000

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, but if the author updates the game you have to do the work anew, since simply copying the maps won't work if he changes events on existing maps.
Then I guess we would just wait until the author gives his final update or something.

onizukaeikichi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This type of games are constantly being updated like VH. We should just wait until this game is updated that it has enough content to be worth the effort. But I cant wait for it though :D

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I cant update my first post anymore so I wont be able to edit in the most up to date links.

Search button is your friend!

bobdark

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright so i finally got the game to work but now there's another problem. for some reason the translator wont work, when using it no text will appear even though the program says it works, does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using Interactive Text Hooker and Translation Aggregator, I've also tried Chiitrans but got the same problem, every other game i have tried works fine.

saladboy21

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ne sure you have /C /x /v in your link the TA uses, I had that problem too

acamen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, considering that this game works reasonably well even with just Atlas and AGTH, i don't quite see the reason for someone to waste their time on doing a translation, as this game is not really the best one in the series, and that aforomentioned reason from before.Then there is a whole deal with the constant updating(which is just stupid since this game's a failure anyway), so it's way better to put an effort to translate the previous game which was way better, and is more deserving to get one done.
Well, as i said these games are easy enough to understand even with just Atlas(provided that you put a good enough dictionary in it, preferably a custom one with a whole bunch of words), so it's not really necesary to have them translated(unless someone has that much free time on their hands).Well that's just my opinion, so you guys can take it anyway you want.

acamen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

any news of version 1.09 or later?
Well, while the 1.09 version is the latest one, it's just some bugfixes(again), so no one will bother with uploading that one since it's basically the same thing as the previous one.And that is also the reason why no one will buy it until it's updated with some worthwhile content(anything other than bugfixes).

pereglasnost

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well, while the 1.09 version is the latest one, it's just some bugfixes(again), so no one will bother with uploading that one since it's basically the same thing as the previous one.And that is also the reason why no one will buy it until it's updated with some worthwhile content(anything other than bugfixes).
Odd, it still says it's in 1.08 on the dlsite page.

Anyhow, content still exists in the rgssad file that hasn't been implemented for one reason or another. Tbh, I wouldn't expect much. The updated versions of his first two games added very little. Annie quest just had two still images added for generic events, Twins just had an end game thing added. It's a shame this guy put a load of effort into polishing what he put out, just to have a lack of sales because he didn't include enough content overall (most of which was already drawn and ready WAAAY back in February if you check the original demo's rgssad file.)

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Honestly, the game was just over-hyped. I wouldn't call it a failure. Despite the lower rating (I'm pretty sure that the smiley face indicates the rating), it sold more than his second game.

acamen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Honestly, the game was just over-hyped. I wouldn't call it a failure. Despite the lower rating (I'm pretty sure that the smiley face indicates the rating), it sold more than his second game.
Well, yeah it was overhyped, since people had more expecation from this one than the last one, partly because everyone expected another revolution from this game(as the second one did with the first one), but instead they just got evolution(little to no difference), and partly because honestly everyone thought that the author became better in making games(which he still is), but all that pressure is to much for just one person to handle no matter how skilled they are.

And to top it all, this game suffered from some major setbacks just before release, which resulted in cutting out much of it's intended content, which in turn got us a half baked roll.So in a way, the fans were at fault for hurrying the author, as much as the unfortunate circumstances were.

Last edited:

Chiabride

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

been trying to play Saki's Quest but ever time I hit start this thing saying Audio and SE pops up before the game exits out. If this has to do with changing locale can someone please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.