What's new

VN/TEXT NTR Loli Shota Ryona [Alice Soft] Sengoku Rance / 戦国ランス

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sengoku Rance

If anyone reads this, than please help me out.:)

I got trouble instaling Sengoku Rance, originaly i downloaded the game over a month ago and hade no trouble in instaling it (i downloaded it from Megaupload).
A week ago i uninstaled the game completly, now sudenly in the middle of the instaling procces an error message pops out saying F:\GAMEDATA\movie\????.alm (unrecognizable signs).

Strange thing is that as i said, a month ago i instaled the same game and i hade no such problems.

Hopefully there's a work around for this dillema, i'd hate to think about never again being able to play with this adictive game.:D

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The sort of thing that annoys the most about this nearly perfect game:

Agireda attacks, with over 4000 troops! You defeat and capture her. After recruiting, she has 1000 troops! And a maximum of 1650! FFUUUUUUUUUU

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Actually, there is an event that gives her an extra 2000. Also, I always grabed the items that gave people units every turn, so all of my armies were above the cap all the time.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I never got that event :/

I just remember being pissed when I had to engineer my squad so that she had the highest number of troops to advance her story arc.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I re dowloaded it already a couple of times, it still dosen't work, and still hase the same problem.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Started to finally play the game. Here's my first impressions...

Rance is a total ASSHOLE! He's the main character?! Why?!

Last edited:

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

He really is. The way he acts is the biggest block to me playing the game more.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Because it makes him awesome. He is the epitome of bastard chauvinistic male. And his reward for being such a dick is that women fall in love with him left and right and he seems to get whatever he wants, whenever he wants. But the characterization is so exaggerated, so overdone that it's obvious they're making fun of the personality type rather than trying to send the message that it looks good. Think of him as a caricature of every man alive - when you think of it that way, his dialogue becomes absolutely HILARIOUS.

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Because it makes him awesome. He is the epitome of bastard chauvinistic male. And his reward for being such a dick is that women fall in love with him left and right and he seems to get whatever he wants, whenever he wants. But the characterization is so exaggerated, so overdone that it's obvious they're making fun of the personality type rather than trying to send the message that it looks good. Think of him as a caricature of every man alive - when you think of it that way, his dialogue becomes absolutely HILARIOUS.
Man I have to come out of lurking just to agree with him. Your not really supposed to take Rance seriously. Besides Rance does have his good points. Since he's technically a "hero" there are points when his heroic capability is seen.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Rance is the tipical Anti-Hero character, the difference between him and the villan is...that in the end he saves the world and kills the villan.
Chaotic and self-centered, but ocasonaly shows sympathy, like when it is discovered that Nobunaga is possesed by Xavier, Rance comforts Kou that he'll do everything to save Nobunaga.

So all-in-all Rance is an asshole, but an asshole that you can count on.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

like when it is discovered that Nobunaga is possesed by Xavier, Rance comforts Kou that he'll do everything to save Nobunaga.
Oh, he'll do the right thing, if it happens to coincide with what would impress a girl he plans on sleeping with in the future.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Rance is one of those rare(which makes it more interesting to watch) types of heroes:egoistical assholes on the outside, but not evil on the inside. There are little moments that indicate that, just play game fully.
Sometimes it shows, that he really care about Sill(and all his woman in overall).Or look at what he does when he gets confessed by Uesugi Kenshin without any effort on his part :)

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

OK, I've downloaded this game and the English patch. Now what's this about using the patch to install? The instructions here say to do that if I'm using English local. What about if I have my comp set for Japanese local? Do I install in moonspeak then use the patch to translate, or do I still do the English Pathc detour method?

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Looks like english patch installer takes original installed game, overwrite the translated files and copy it to a new directory, making all apropriate registry entries along the way to make new game named "Sengoku Rance English". Thus, logically speaking, your regional settings doesn't influence translation at all. Maybe just registry entries and language of the installer.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Rance is the classic douchebag. He is also that Alpha male that everything always goes the right way for. He's also extremely skilled at fighting, has a magic rare talking sword, a long term partner who loves him utterly and completely, and has slowly trained herself to be quite masochistic in order to survive living with Rance. She secretly knows exactly what Rance wants to hear to make him happy, and so says exactly that. Rance easily seduced the top female assassin in the country, and she ended up being his loyal bodyguard, top ninja and lover. Rance never changes. He never becomes corrupted. He accepts that the universe revolves around himself and he knows exactly what he wants, and what will make him satisfied. He has no regrets.

The stereotype, if there is one, is that if you act like a dochebag, kill people because they piss you off once, and blackmail women into sleeping with you (or just rape them), you'll get what's coming to you. The creators of this game turned that stereotype on its head, and gave Rance all the good fortune he could possibly have. They made him into the most lovable murdering, lying rapist out there, and this is why he is awesome.

evercrow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

They made him into the most lovable murdering, lying rapist out there, and this is why he is awesome.
True words :) .Though you gotta admit, he hasn't killed 3G(which he calls irritating more than once), thats gotta worth something :D

About language local settings, I remembered one more thing. For some reason, the numbers in translated game(some names of captains too) got corrupted(unreadable) when I launched it without japanese applocale(when not on moonspeak windows). So if you get that bug, just try applocale before changing settings

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I distinctly recall 3G being not quite so easy to kill.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

OK, so I've beaten Texas,! but the princess ran away. Can I get her back?

Then, immediately following, two other nations declared war. The one with the young leader from being bullied by the giant guy (who also just took over the gunsmiths), and the amazons.

Now the bullied prefecture is perfectly understandable, but the amazons have declared war because I've invaded all the previous countries that declared war on me... Bitch.

Also, about the archer lady that wants to restore her family: Can Rance knock her up? I'm hoping for a prego scene.

---

We need a better walk through, since it's missing a whole bunch of info, like what's the diff between completely conquering a prefecture and having it surrender and become a vassal nation (other than getting Rance a princess).