What's new

VN/TEXT [Alice Soft] Rance 2: The rebelling maidens / Rance II - Hangyaku no Shoujo-tachi - / ランスII -反逆の少女たち-

mrttao

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Rance 2: The rebelling maidens

Not my link. Credits to Nanie.
I am going to thank you anyways :p

EDIT: at this speed cap it takes literally over an hour to download... at 95% I carelessly let FF update... it restarted instantly and aborted the download :(

Last edited:

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am going to thank you anyways :p

EDIT: at this speed cap it takes literally over an hour to download... at 95% I carelessly let FF update... it restarted instantly and aborted the download :(
Downloaded without a problem here.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

Daily Download Limit
Thank you for the link, but would it be possible for someone to upload them to Mediafire again please, or maybe 4Shared ?

They seem to be most reliable download services remaining nowadays.

mrttao

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Alright, I got it, I got it working, I am playing it...

Anyone got a walkthrough? Its full of moon logic puzzles.

nevermind, I used Google:

EDIT: I finished the game, I have all CG... maybe. Each page has 12 slots, on page 7/7 I have slots 1-10 filled but I don't have slots 11 and 12. So either I have all the CGs or I am missing two, anyone knows?
Also, the game was grindtastic but I was able to make it bearable using the "over number pad" option (each selection has a small number that matches the numberpad for a quickkey) and the script in my signature (Spams enter to skip all the pointless dialog during combat, levelup, rest, etc at a rate of 20 clicks per second)

Last edited:

TwilitFeather

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Anyone know what game Bird returns on?
And if he has his arm back

Reconder

Reputation score

i can't make it work, if anyone could help me out it would be awesome.
if i try to run the Rance 02.Exe without applocal it will show a Sys42VM error twice. if i do run it with applocal i can run it, but then something called DrawMovie2.dll shows up. don't know what that is, and i can press okay and kind of move on, then i get 4 choices that i can run,
the first one is in japanese signs.
second one says OP and then some japanese signs.
the third says game_main.
and the fourth says main.
None of them makes me able to start the game, but all of them shows some sort of Blue/greyish background where the Start, load and all that stuff is kinda shiftet upwards.

anyone knows anything that could work?

Zero9437

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Change your Locale to Jap and try it again

Necrosis535

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have a working link for this?

Zero9437

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There

Reconder

Reputation score

Change your Locale to Jap and try it again
okay, did that, but nothing changed, still gets the same errors and stuff.
i don't know if this makes a difference, but i am running Windows Vista.

EDIT: okay, found the problem, i had a lot of files name something with weird letters, just renamed them all to "Rance02" or "ランス02", some had the same name, just deleted those that did (if they were the same size otherwise i made a space so they didn't have the same name).
still have a problem with the sound, if i go into the config menu, it would get problems with the sound system and then it would fail working.
still only started don't know if there are other problems yet.

Last edited:

mrttao

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

okay, did that, but nothing changed, still gets the same errors and stuff.
i don't know if this makes a difference, but i am running Windows Vista.

EDIT: okay, found the problem, i had a lot of files name something with weird letters, just renamed them all to "Rance02" or "ランス02", some had the same name, just deleted those that did (if they were the same size otherwise i made a space so they didn't have the same name).
still have a problem with the sound, if i go into the config menu, it would get problems with the sound system and then it would fail working.
still only started don't know if there are other problems yet.
change local to japanese and then reinstall the game
wrong local made a bunch of files get their names scrambled on install.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I do not have enough content to open a new thread, but any fan of Rance would be glad to know, that the English translation of Rance III has been released.

On the negative side, however, the patch has been removed by Mediafire for whatever reason. Did any of the forum members manage to grab it in time by any chance or has an access to an alternative source?

unknownpervert

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well...man,How i can say it...Hmmm...thanks!
Seriously thanks a lot,i waited this game so badly for almost one years,I tought that translation would never come any days...Im so happy,today,I love the world! ='D

So, thanks again,thanks everybody...to the ones who translated it,to crow_mw,to salking...

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

gameplay wise, which one did you guys like the most? sengoku rance, rance 2 or rance 3?

i ask this only because i think these are the only translated to eng right? i played sengoku and im trying to figure out which i should play next, unless ofcourse there is a linear story i must follow, ill play rance 2 to get the story correct.

1 more thing, do any of the rance games contain counter rape? where rances girls / good girls get raped instead of rance doing the raping. like leila in sengoku rance.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I haven't played three yet, but I found Rance 2 really really grind heavy.

Sengoku Rance was all about proper strategizing, with multiple paths. I've also always been a big strategy gamer. So Sengoku Rance was by far my favorite of those two.

I really want to try Rance VI though. I want to get Sil out of the ice!

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so, old-thread, but whatever.

how many Rance games have been remade, and how many are in english now?

I know 1,2,3 got remakes (so far) but i can't seem to find the first one anywhere.

only one I played before was sengoku rance.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ok, i downloaded rance 2 from the link above (somewhere) and the download worked, but unpacking the rar gives tons of errors.

! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02GA.bak
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02GA.bak to Rance2\___02GA.bak
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02BA.bgi
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02BA.bgi to Rance2\___02BA.bgi
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02BA.ald
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02BA.ald to Rance2\___02BA.ald
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02WA.ald
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02WA.ald to Rance2\___02WA.ald
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02WA.wai
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02WA.wai to Rance2\___02WA.wai
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02GA.ald
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part1.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02GA.ald to Rance2\___02GA.ald
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part2.rar: Cannot create Rance2\???02.alm
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part2.rar: Attempting to correct the invalid file name
! C:\Users\E\Downloads\Rance2.part2.rar: Renaming Rance2\???02.alm to Rance2\___02.alm
I guess whoever actually archived the game fucked it up.

igotnostuffs

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Everyone should just use 7zip and everything would be fine.

I'll keep on promoting 7zip for unicode filenames forever until everyone uses it.