What's new

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

I wonder if there is any possible way to add the tutoring mod from bitch trainer to this Russian version.

EDIT: I dont believe it, I am going through the tutoring code and the red note from Akabur is still there saying that tutoring is not done but as i'm translating I am not getting Genie's usual comment after 2 sentences that he literally can't do it because of Akabur being lazy. So it looks like the Russians have given us yet another surprise.

On looking at the bottom of the code I see that they coded in 15 tutoring events. And that is not including the "sexy tutoring" that is there as well. But those look like they are meant more as dates.

Facepalm: I just realized that the game has been translating Genie as Ginny. I completely missed it because everytime I play this game I really wish that Ginny Weasley had been a character. At least I caught it before I released it.

Last edited:

froste

Reputation score

Vel, if you need help with testing anything let me know....have a shit load of spare time at the moment and would love to assist :)

Also, Iris quest has very little to to with Akabur, it is being programmed by Xalijeo and artwork done by Dahr. I think there is a separate thread on it here too.

Last edited:

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I appreciate it, I am just finishing up the tutoring script, I still have to translate the main game script and the big event script. I also have to do Daphne's scripts.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Damn it, I hate machine translators. It butchered another name now, I just realized it's not trying to say Finch, it's meaning Filch.

EDIT: This game just took a pretty violent turn, just a fair warning the normal tutoring involves Genie getting off on death. Despite the fact that he tells Snape less than 50 turns before that Genie's hate killers.

Last edited:

froste

Reputation score

Damn it, I hate machine translators. It butchered another name now, I just realized it's not trying to say Finch, it's meaning Filch.

EDIT: This game just took a pretty violent turn, just a fair warning the normal tutoring involves Genie getting off on death. Despite the fact that he tells Snape less than 50 turns before that Genie's hate killers.
hmm, is this in the original script or the Russian one?

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm translating the Russian version, they have a lot of things changed so i'm having to modify scripts on the fly if it doesn't fit right. Plus I am spicing up a few of the scenes that I always felt were a bit clinical and flat. Just trading certain words to make the scenes a little more vulgar.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Here is an example of a running edit I just made. Как маги они - нули без палочки! becomes Like sorcerers, they - zero without sticks! after I run it through google translate and then I make my translation to proper English and it becomes Like sorcerers, they are nothing without a wand! And I get to do this for the next 2,000 or so lines of code tonight.

And you know that line was not in the original version, so I cant even copy and paste those.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hmmmm, it looks like everyone will have to play this with the language set to Russian because the English translation that is included really sucks in some places. I'm really not sure if it will try to overwrite my translation if the game is set to get certain translations from that folder and if I delete the folder the game might crash.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hmmmm, it looks like everyone will have to play this with the language set to Russian because the English translation that is included really sucks in some places. I'm really not sure if it will try to overwrite my translation if the game is set to get certain translations from that folder and if I delete the folder the game might crash.

EDIT: The game actually still has to be set to English for some reason or else some of the intro and such stays Russian, I just tried to play the game after 3 days of translating and I only got to where Hermione walks into the room and my translation died. Obviously I really am going to have to translate every word of the 3 biggest files in the game. Also there are some cases where the characters are now saying 2 or 3 lines on different topics because some of the script did not make sense, like when I translated after the battle with Snape they did not put in a response to Genie asking if he could explore the world, They jumped straight to asking him what he wanted to do and that made no sense. So I added in the proper line to say no you can't be seen. But now it has the effect of Snape saying No you cant be seen and then immediately asking him what he wants to do. Also Snape repeats the same line twice in one case so far that I have seen. Obviously in the situation where there is an english translation for the line in the folder it will show that line first and then my translation for that line right after.

D3admetal

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The lara croft one just appeared on the lastest video from funhaus

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Man i'm starting to feel the pressure. I have people on here and on Legend of Krystal's forum looking forward to me finishing this translation. But I made a promise and i'm going to see it through to the end no matter how much extra work it takes.

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Man i'm starting to feel the pressure. I have people on here and on Legend of Krystal's forum looking forward to me finishing this translation. But I made a promise and i'm going to see it through to the end no matter how much extra work it takes.
I bet you do feel the pressure :L! How long do you think before your work will be ready for release :).

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hopefully within 8 hours, it turns out that the English translation already with the game is almost non-existent, so I found out 4 hours ago that I have to hand translate about 7,000 lines of code.

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hopefully within 8 hours, it turns out that the English translation already with the game is almost non-existent, so I found out 4 hours ago that I have to hand translate about 7,000 lines of code.
8 hours is awesome. You have already obviously done so much. Keep it up man :D!

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I wish I could get it out sooner but this is my first attempt at working with game code and every line has to be translated from Russian to machine translation by google translate and then I have to translate it to proper English. I can't stand broken English.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Geez in an hour I went from line 2810 to 2915 so i'm doing about 100 lines of code an hour and this script has 3584 lines. This is going to hurt.

That makes no sense though since I only started the script about 6 hours ago. Not sure how I went from almost 250 lines of code an hour to 100.

remicks

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, while I can't say I'd go about this the way you are doing it, I have all the respect in the world for you tackling this. If nothing else, you're learning about translation, scripting, and ren'py.

Let me know if you need help with Python-y things.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah I wanted to get my foot in the door to see how games work and I loved the original Witch Trainer but it just left things lacking. And then I could never get Bitch Trainer to take the mods, so when I saw this I thought what the hell should be easy right? Man that was the understatement of the year, i'm 3 days over my expected release date and I have people on 2 forums hyped for me to finish what I started. At least I can honestly say that I understand why making a game is so brutal.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I don't know that I'd take exploring a Ren'py VN as much of a class on making games, depending on where your interests lie. You're seeing the scenario scripting almost exclusively, which is only a small fraction of actual development, especially so if the underlying engine is custom-built or customized for the game.

Then there's the fact that while Khan and his crew cleaned up quite a bit, a lot of Akabur's novice-level scripting is still present. You'd be better off reading tutorials than using any of that as an example. If Bill Gates had picked up tips by recovering Akabur's code from trash bins, I'd be buying french fries from him today.