What's new

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

^ Most people on Patreon don't care if Akabur doesn't deliver. They're way too happy just throwing money at him and let him live his "dream life" ......

Sure he went from ~10k before PT:G to ~7800 now. That's still ~7800 too much for what he does though. I'd bet when the Space Waifu-thingy gets more info (or lack thereof), his monthly earnings will Skyrocket [shameless Hongfire thread plug included] past the 10k mark. And then another huge letdown will follow, but people will stay give him $ in hopes he finally gets to VanArts and lives his dreams.

And the cycle will continue till the end of time (or until he gets too bored and drops Patreon altogether. No chance he gets to 0 followers before that).

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

^ Which won't come from Akabur. Took him a year to finish PT:G, 1 month for 1 scene in MS, said he'd continue on MS, went 180 and dumped MS to work on his new Space Waifu ......... Watch in 2-3 months, he'll either drop everything to go to VanArts or switch projects again.

The only way to have a "decent" WT is to wait on the Crab people to finish their Innocent Witch remake [with BT 1.6 included].
I'm a bit worried about the Crap people by now, mainly due to the Patreon structure of late. I mean locking a simple (I guess) news update behind a 15$ paywall smells a bit fishy, my defcon status for the game has sadly changed.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm a bit worried about the Crap people by now, mainly due to the Patreon structure of late. I mean locking a simple (I guess) news update behind a 15$ paywall smells a bit fishy, my defcon status for the game has sadly changed.
They're monthly based, so if they take the slow route to deliver it won't surprise me...

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Spotted a few "SadCrab Witch Trainer Complete Edition" popping up around the interwebz. Dunno if it's the fabled 1.6 edition before their new remake. Most are above 1GB on DDLs that barely put out 50Kb/s, if anyone is brave enough to try them ;)

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

pm me the links and I'll try to pull out those 50KB/sec and make my fiber conn cry of laughter at the speed :p

edit, that being said, it'll either be fake or at best completely in russian.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ You can have 50MB/s downloads, if the free account DDL limits you to 50kb/s, that's what you'll get, regardless of your bandwidth.

Try those :

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I know, I meant it more as my fiber will laugh at me for only being able to use those 50KB/sec :)

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just started with the link from 2 posts ago. At least it was split in 3h parts instead of 1 giant week DDL ...... Will post back/edit in ~3 hours when all the crap finishes/crashes.

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I should be done in 1 hour according to chrome, well unless getting 1 file from each site somehow fucks it up :p

edit, Im still leaning towards this being a hoax, I'll at best give it a 5ish% chance for being the real 1.6 (and if it is, I bet its a high chance of being purely russian).

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yup as I guessed :D It's a hoax/fake, it has the eng/rus 1.01 versions only :)

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me the internet lied to us ?????????? Impossibru. That's the 1st time I've heard of anything like this .....

Wutermelon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fuck it, I'll just ask this here even though it's not related to the thread's subject, but since we're sort of on the topic now given the last couple of posts...

Searching for hentai games is such a bullshit process compared to searching for any other pirated content, in the sense that I'll stumble upon site after site, thread after thread, for game after game... that have the main cover art image for the game, a link to the game's page on dlsite, and a download link where the archive has the same RJ number and everything... only to find out that what was in the archive was a completely different thing than what I was expecting. Other times I'll even get an archive with the desired RJ number that contains multiple different works, none of which are related to whatever search terms brought you to that download link.

Why is this the case with illegally distributed copies of hentai games from dlsite? It seems to happen very often (if not a majority of the time), and I've never had this issue with any other kind of pirated media, ever.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ In most cases, the more clicks on DDL the site(s) gets, the more $ they gather [even if it 0.01$ per click]

As for Dlsite, you're better off buying them instead of relying on super-shady sites .....

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Double post for : double video updates about his visa crisis and some preview of his new "game".

Artslaver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll stumble upon site after site, thread after thread, for game after game... that have the main cover art image for the game, a link to the game's page on dlsite, and a download link where the archive has the same RJ number and everything... only to find out that what was in the archive was a completely different thing than what I was expecting. Other times I'll even get an archive with the desired RJ number that contains multiple different works, none of which are related to whatever search terms brought you to that download link.

Why is this the case with illegally distributed copies of hentai games from dlsite? It seems to happen very often (if not a majority of the time), and I've never had this issue with any other kind of pirated media, ever.
I really wonder the same... Such a clickbait fest. Sometimes for really naughty things that only few people with very "singular" fetishes would even mind to search. Such a mistery...

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Fuck it, I'll just ask this here even though it's not related to the thread's subject, but since we're sort of on the topic now given the last couple of posts...

Searching for hentai games is such a bullshit process compared to searching for any other pirated content, in the sense that I'll stumble upon site after site, thread after thread, for game after game... that have the main cover art image for the game, a link to the game's page on dlsite, and a download link where the archive has the same RJ number and everything... only to find out that what was in the archive was a completely different thing than what I was expecting. Other times I'll even get an archive with the desired RJ number that contains multiple different works, none of which are related to whatever search terms brought you to that download link.

As was pointed out, the "free" filesharing sites usually pay uploaders a tiny amount of money for each download.

There are three kinds of uploaders:

1: Legit uploaders. These people buy and then share games. Some of them have kind of code of honor and won't share a game until the developer has had a few hundred sales.

2: Scammers. These people just want you to download something. They get a little money for your download and they don't care about your return "business" anyway. This is low-effort as you can write automated scripts to create the links, the fake archive, and everything.

In some extreme cases, game makes will also release fake copies of their own game to mess with pirates but I'll bundle them in with the scammers.

3: Redistributors. These people take content from the legit uploaders and other redistributors and redistribute it as their own. They also, unfortunately, sometimes take content from the scammers and usually don't take the time check if its legit because they want to get the links out before their competitors do.

So, unless a game has been shared by a legit uploader all you will find on the net is links from scammers and redistributors who copied from the scammers.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1: Legit uploaders. These people buy and then share games. Some of them have kind of code of honor and won't share a game until the developer has had a few hundred sales.
How is it legit? I mean, they are still sharing something they don't own at all, no rights, etc...

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If they themselves paid for the game, then that's as legit as an uploader can possibly get, by your own definitions.

Maybe you don't see any daylight between a scammer and what the fellow is calling a "legit" uploader, but the rest of us aren't obligated to view things in black and white.