Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

Alright, thanks.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Akabur's blog [we are still in his thread, even with the recent Crabmen side-thread derailling :D] updated with a bunch of whining on bureaucracy for his visa and some "greatness awaits" with plenty of waifus coming our way soon ......

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Akabur's blog [we are still in his thread, even with the recent Crabmen side-thread derailling :D] updated with a bunch of whining on bureaucracy for his visa and some "greatness awaits" with plenty of waifus coming our way soon ......
Unless it's WTG meh...

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ WT stopped existing for him when the "leak" meltdown occurred in 2014. His Patreon even says "Work complete" on the WT image. Highly doubt he'll go back to it anytime soon [for Akabur, soon is around 5 years-ish]

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

^ WT stopped existing for him when the "leak" meltdown occurred in 2014. His Patreon even says "Work complete" on the WT image. Highly doubt he'll go back to it anytime soon [for Akabur, soon is around 5 years-ish]
Yeeeah bout' that- I entered the world of adult games around 2015 so I missed out on the many things that akabur is hated for today.Hell I think that as far as adult games go WT is 10/10. Soo you mind telling me what he promised you guys and what the ""leak" meltdown" is?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Princess Trainer released early 2014 (April-ish), Akabur then went on to make Witch Trainer. He wasn't on Patreon till ~mid-WT development. Since he got on Patreon and started making ~10k/month, people hyped themselves on what he could make with that much $ and no deadline like when he was on hentai-foundry only.

Then December 2014 came. Whether it was a "Patreon-only-beta-whatever" or a build Akabur deliberately released to the public, what we got for WT was pretty crappy to say the least. People started to cry about the state of the released game. Akabur then went full "screw you" in his replies to whiners. He made a few bug fixes early 2015 and dropped the project [almost] entirely before moving on to PT:G [which is another debate on wtf is he doing].

In short : WT was a giant letdown, Akabur can't take much criticism and modders made WT a little bit better (still a buggy grindfest).

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sad to hear that there was supposed to be more in the game. But I still loved it. Ever since I spend an entire night playing this game I am kinda obsessed with the genre. Sad that he won't be making WTG. Imo PT is shit. At least the Russians are here to save us ^^.

Humlebien

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sad to hear that there was supposed to be more in the game. But I still loved it. Ever since I spend an entire night playing this game I am kinda obsessed with the genre. Sad that he won't be making WTG. Imo PT is shit. At least the Russians are here to save us ^^.
There're several devs doing Work. Although Momcest, seems dead, I've heard rumours of someone picking up the torch. Then you got Sad Crab team, doing Work. There's also Silver edition. And a brand new guy, doing a Hermie Brothel sim. So there are stuff happening, question is though: Is it all vaporware in the end?

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Princess Trainer released early 2014 (April-ish), Akabur then went on to make Witch Trainer. He wasn't on Patreon till ~mid-WT development. Since he got on Patreon and started making ~10k/month, people hyped themselves on what he could make with that much $ and no deadline like when he was on hentai-foundry only.
I was a Patreon at the $10 level from July 2014 through January 2015, and followed Akabur's development religiously. I just want to note that it was not only "people hyping themselves on what he could make," but the posts themselves during that time.

Akabur never once specified in detail how many CGs, etc. we could expect, but he consistently noted that it would surpass Princess Trainer. At no point in the development were followers led to believe the final game would be 95% chibi with 2 full CGs. THAT was my big issue. I don't even mind the gameplay issues (grinding), but I can't play WT because every time I do, I see what could have been. I mean, if he'd only just put CGs in for each favor (that's like what 12 more CGs with variations), it would be one of my favorite games.

After the fallout, Akabur changed his Patreon page to remove all patron-level rewards (which I note that in 6 months I pledging, I never received anyways), changed his entire tone to one that was less respectful to patrons, and washed his hands with WT. It left me a bit disillusioned with him, so I switched to $1. I like his games, I thoroughly enjoyed PT:Gold, I just wish WT would have been more fleshed out. It made me even sadder when just a few months later Akabur sketched a quick Hermoine flashing her tits CG in like 2 days.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There're several devs doing Work. Although Momcest, seems dead, I've heard rumours of someone picking up the torch. Then you got Sad Crab team, doing Work. There's also Silver edition. And a brand new guy, doing a Hermie Brothel sim. So there are stuff happening, question is though: Is it all vaporware in the end?
Right now the only games that look good are- Aylia's story and Innocent witches. Everything else just feels so shallow. It might as well be vaporware...

Humlebien

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Right now the only games that look good are- Aylia's story and Innocent witches. Everything else just feels so shallow. It might as well be vaporware...
Truth. I will be soul crushed if the 4 Houses project turns out to be vapor too... so much potential. And if they actually did the Work, they said, so much to look forward to.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Truth. I will be soul crushed if the 4 Houses project turns out to be vapor too... so much potential. And if they actually did the Work, they said, so much to look forward to.
Oh please... 2 weeks ago the devs of 4 houses were on 4 chan saying that they are about to start making the game. It will be atleast a year before we get a picture. If they dont say f*** it till then.

Humlebien

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh please... 2 weeks ago the devs of 4 houses were on 4 chan saying that they are about to start making the game. It will be atleast a year before we get a picture. If they dont say f*** it till then.
We can all dream, right? I mean, some have waifus, some have crushes, I just want a decent game... :(

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

We can all dream, right? I mean, some have waifus, some have crushes, I just want a decent game... :(
Virgin island and Mucchi ignorance school trip might satisfy you till either AS or IW drop.

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I was a Patreon at the $10 level from July 2014 through January 2015, and followed Akabur's development religiously. I just want to note that it was not only "people hyping themselves on what he could make," but the posts themselves during that time.

Akabur never once specified in detail how many CGs, etc. we could expect, but he consistently noted that it would surpass Princess Trainer. At no point in the development were followers led to believe the final game would be 95% chibi with 2 full CGs. THAT was my big issue. I don't even mind the gameplay issues (grinding), but I can't play WT because every time I do, I see what could have been. I mean, if he'd only just put CGs in for each favor (that's like what 12 more CGs with variations), it would be one of my favorite games.

After the fallout, Akabur changed his Patreon page to remove all patron-level rewards (which I note that in 6 months I pledging, I never received anyways), changed his entire tone to one that was less respectful to patrons, and washed his hands with WT. It left me a bit disillusioned with him, so I switched to $1. I like his games, I thoroughly enjoyed PT:Gold, I just wish WT would have been more fleshed out. It made me even sadder when just a few months later Akabur sketched a quick Hermoine flashing her tits CG in like 2 days.
Akabur's games were my introduction into this part of the world of gaming, so the games will always have a special place in my mind. But I agree on the part about WT in regards to seeing what could have been, I still enjoy it but you clearly can see how much bigger it could be.

If you check graphtreon.com I think you can see that the hype or whatever isnt in his favor anymore, it does seem to be on a steady decline (-13%).

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Lol Breeding Season and its 33k/month .......

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah I was kinda surprised to the top list myself too :D

mattius77

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeeeah bout' that- I entered the world of adult games around 2015 so I missed out on the many things that akabur is hated for today.Hell I think that as far as adult games go WT is 10/10. Soo you mind telling me what he promised you guys and what the ""leak" meltdown" is?
Like you, I quite enjoyed WT upon its initial release. The grinding was loathsome, but the game itself was fun. I mean........ it was free. I'm not gonna get all poopy about it, right?

Then I got the idea of wanting to do a custom version of the script for my own enjoyment. And I went into the game files and saw just.... how..... much....... was left on the table. Not just entire missions, but entire types of missions, and payways you could take with Hermie. It was nuts. Based on that stuff, I'd say the game as originally delivered is probably around 45-50% of what it looked like he was planning to do. Dialog was already written, who knows how much art was started or even finished.

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Like you, I quite enjoyed WT upon its initial release. The grinding was loathsome, but the game itself was fun. I mean........ it was free. I'm not gonna get all poopy about it, right?

Then I got the idea of wanting to do a custom version of the script for my own enjoyment. And I went into the game files and saw just.... how..... much....... was left on the table. Not just entire missions, but entire types of missions, and payways you could take with Hermie. It was nuts. Based on that stuff, I'd say the game as originally delivered is probably around 45-50% of what it looked like he was planning to do. Dialog was already written, who knows how much art was started or even finished.
So the things added in that silver edition and the russian one are mainly stuff that was allready done and coded in the game but lacked visuals? :eek:

Even if you are not saying that ( :) ) it does make one sad to hear that the game could have been almost twice as big, still love it in its current form but man it sounds like we've missed the chance to get even more entertained :D

Ps, in regards to when ppl joined this style of gaming, Im the virgin here since I've only been active for maybe 2 months :p