What's new

flamehead23a

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Akabur - Magic Shop

so a while back I had a complete (as could be given the state of the game) save file for princess trainer. then I got a new computer, and lost all that data.

Would anyone happen to have some save files on hand? I'd rather not grind everything again if I can help it.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so a while back I had a complete (as could be given the state of the game) save file for princess trainer. then I got a new computer, and lost all that data.

Would anyone happen to have some save files on hand? I'd rather not grind everything again if I can help it.
Not to sound douche-y, but the game isn't that long/hard to start with ..... You can probably "re-grind" everything within an hour or so. :cool:

Tastelesswhiskey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

also most of the game content was in-game and the after game content is just WIP gallery and stuff that didn't make it to game

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

quoting from a certain image board :

>Where is Hermione Trainer?
Expected to be out soon™, by that we mean Akabur is 99% finished with the game and all that's left are a few minor art aspects, however he's acting like he's got months of work ahead of him just so he can drag out his Patreon payouts. Don't like it? Stop supporting him on patreon. Money speaks louder than words, especially the loss of it.

It's not like I'm trying to heat things up, but what he said is certainly not unreasonable...

AExMachina

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Eh, I'm not sure if that's how it works. The way I read his updates is that he is just a bit perfectionist about the whole thing, which is generally good for us end consumers. If he doesn't release HT this month then there's a bit more reason to be paranoid but as it is I'd expect HT to come out maybe mid-November, maybe late November based on what Akabur has said so far in his updates.

Any patreons paying him money are free to stop and leave a rant in ALL CAPS if they want, though. :p

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Eh, I'm not sure if that's how it works. The way I read his updates is that he is just a bit perfectionist about the whole thing, which is generally good for us end consumers. If he doesn't release HT this month then there's a bit more reason to be paranoid but as it is I'd expect HT to come out maybe mid-November, maybe late November based on what Akabur has said so far in his updates.

Any patreons paying him money are free to stop and leave a rant in ALL CAPS if they want, though. :p
Well, considering he's being overly nitpicky with even the smallest bug in Princess Trainer, I can vouch about him being a perfectionist.

sorry, my bad.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I think he has OCD but just does not want to admit it. When he asks for help on Patreon he says he has been trying to fix something for days and will not move on until he does.

I don't think he is pulling a delay just to make Money on Patreon right now. If anything I would say his next Project is when he will do that. Plus I wonder if he plans to move soon as I think Hermione Trainer is the only thing keeping him living there.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

quoting from a certain image board :

>Where is Hermione Trainer?
Expected to be out soon™, by that we mean Akabur is 99% finished with the game and all that's left are a few minor art aspects, however he's acting like he's got months of work ahead of him just so he can drag out his Patreon payouts. Don't like it? Stop supporting him on patreon. Money speaks louder than words, especially the loss of it.

It's not like I'm trying to heat things up, but what he said is certainly not unreasonable...
My guess is whoever wrote that has not attempted to create their own game. To produce anything of the quality Akabur appears to be working on takes A LOT of time and effort. The posts he is making on Patreon suggest to me that he is working, but it is up to each individual supporter how they deal with delays.

Personally, I donate and will continue to do so. I believe he established enough credibility with Princess Trainer to warrant my support.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

I THINK HE'S A GOOD GUY MAKING GOOD WORK!!!
HE OFTEN DOES THINGS THE HARD WAY, WHICH ISN'T HELPING SPEED.
HIS CODE NEEDS WORK, BUT IT SEEMS HE HAS PEOPLE HELPING HIM WITH THAT NOW.
STILL, HE IS MOSTLY A ONE-MAN SHOW, AND THAT MEANS WORK TAKES TIME.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT HIM MOST OF ALL IS HIS WRITING, THOUGH.
I MEAN, HIS ART IS NOTHING TO SNIFF AT, BUT HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET GAME DIALOGUES THAT HONESTLY MAKE YOU LAUGH?

WHEN THERE ARE 10 PEOPLE ALL PUTTING OUT THAT KIND OF WORK, I MIGHT THINK ABOUT GIVING MY MONEY TO THE ONE WITH THE BEST SPEED.
FOR NOW, HE IS ALL WE GOT FOR WHAT HE DOES, AND HE SEEMS LIKE A GOOD GUY.

I AM A HAPPY SUPPORTER.

there, that all-capsy enough?
Seriously, though, people can freely decide if they want to support him or not.
I've said it before, I'll say it again: Patreon is a donation platform. An automated money-at-the-screen-thrower.
If this is the kind of guy you want to support, do that, if not, don't.
Just don't complain that others don't support who you like, or that others support someone you don't.
It's a big and terrible world, filled with different people. S'not fair. Deal with it.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My guess is whoever wrote that has not attempted to create their own game. To produce anything of the quality Akabur appears to be working on takes A LOT of time and effort. The posts he is making on Patreon suggest to me that he is working, but it is up to each individual supporter how they deal with delays.

Personally, I donate and will continue to do so. I believe he established enough credibility with Princess Trainer to warrant my support.
My answer to that is pick one of the developers I really like and just support them alone and cry because I can't support the rest.

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Last post was a lengthy one, but I guess it can be summarized to this:

• He tested his own game to see how it was going
  • He either found a bug, or forgot to change the price of some items
  • More text to be added
  • He liked Princess Trainer so much...
  • and it shouldn't be hard to implent the "Gold" edition

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

People like to complain, money has nothing to do with it.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hey I was right about Hermione Trainer being the only thing keeping him living there. After HT he needs a break and what better way than relaxing in a better House!!

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Here's an example of one day's work for him:

Here is how it works: Hermione has 8 levels. 01 to 08. Most of the in-game events are tied to those levels. Meaning that you progress through the game by leveling Hermione up. For every level there are 10 phrases (or short scenes) that are selected randomly every time you click the chit-chat button. So 10 different phrases for every level. And we have 8 levels. Which means I needed 80 phrases for Hermione and another 80 for Professor Snape.

And those phrases can't be just "I am doing fine, thank you. How are you doing?". If not all of them, but at least about 80% supposed to be at least relatively witty or funny or atmospheric... And that means that sometimes I just stare into space with a pencil in my hand for 10+ minutes in a row trying to come up with something halfway decent.
I don't think I could come up with 80 funny and sexy dialogue trees in a day that are all unique and worth reading. I actually believe that he can though.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I don't remember all the details off the top of my head, but there's a Renpy extractor/decompiler that you can use to cheat. Rather than regrind for money on subsequent tries, I just edited the fruit stand to give me thousands of gold every time Jasmine works there. Not a lot of benefit, since there isn't much optional content to find if you've already completed the quests, though.

His coding is generally atrocious, partly (I think) because of how things are organized in Renpy, but mostly because he's not really a coder. The fact that there seem to be few or no bugs says a lot for the engine and his ridiculous level of attention to detail.

chaos1123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just checking, but has anyone read/heard anything about Akabur or his progress? It's been a whole week and normally this thread has an update every few days.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

From Akabur

Hello, guys. It's been a while since my last update. But you guys have been taking my silence stoically and I think I should be ashamed to expect any less from you.

One of the reasons I went quiet for a while was that I was away in Rostov-on-Don. Did some apartment hunting. I decided that "there is no tomorrow" and that the time for action is now. The trip went well. I didn't bring back any videos but I found a perfect, tiny (22 square meters) but cosy apartment. Location is perfect, rent is affordable and it's happening! My personal life aside I've been working on the game.

Finally finished the chit-chats. When I said that it should be easier to write for Snape I was very wrong of course. It was way harder to come up with something witty for that bastard to say, then it was for Hermione. But it is finally done. 80 phrases/conversations for each. Been working on the books today. Making sure that you won't be able to read them out of order and such. If "Princess Trainer" was not your average VN game. Then "Hermione Trainer" almost nothing like your average VN game. And it shows in the amount of variables and flags and things like that constantly changing value on the background and causing me to spend hours just to make sure everything works right. But we all know that there are no shortcuts. Thank you for supporting my work, guys.

DDC1234

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hope this comes out before Christmas love to open that present and her :)

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just checking, but has anyone read/heard anything about Akabur or his progress? It's been a whole week and normally this thread has an update every few days.
Oh, believe me, I've been checking daily. The craziest part is that I KNOW it won't be released for at least another few weeks, and I still check. I guess I just hope maybe...

qaplwsok

Reputation score

Working on:
Herminone Trainer: It is still not out. Just wait a few more weeks. If you want more informations, look at his Patreon or Youtube Page.

Future Projekts:
1. Princess Trainer Gold
2. Magic Shop Addon
3. (Not confirmed) Hermione Trainer Gold

Torrent:
Magnet Link

All art assets:
Mega
Links:
Patreon Page

Youtube channel:
Youtube Channel

Twitter:
Twitter

Ask.fm:
Ask.fm

test.akabur.com/

His Blog: No update since a few month.
rook7.livejournal.com/

Hentai Foundry: No update since a few month.
hentai-foundry.com/user/RUBAKA/profile

Btw. here is another project from akabur (It's not a game, but well...):
jakxxx.blogspot.ru/?zx=d13af00e8aec6721

Btw. is there a way to change the threat topic?
thanks for the download links
but i cant download the magic shop
it needs a decryption key