What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Hey there.

I just pulled Olivier (which is a bit of a troll pull considering she was probably the least useful black on the featured list, but I digress). I have a question, considering I cannot make heads or tails of her AW skill: Does it increase or decrease her attack speed? Because if it does the latter, I am selling her crystals, considering I really don't need an avoidance-blocker in my roster.
oliver is absolutely amazing she is one of the better blacks imo as for aw skill
Holy Sword Altachiara (聖剣アルタキエラ): (15s*; physical evasion 100%; attack speed raised; skill strengthened afterward; AS: 30; WT: 5; CT: 30)
*2nd: 20s; 3rd~: 25s
basically the time she has a 100% evasion gets longer after each use up to the 3rd time then it stays at 25s of 100% evasion each use after the 3rd time also its a atk speed increase

side note that was from petites aw skill list its very helpful id advise a bookmark for other units that you have questions about

Last edited:

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

oliver is absolutely amazing she is one of the better blacks imo as for aw skill
Holy Sword Altachiara (聖剣アルタキエラ): (15s*; physical evasion 100%; attack speed raised; skill strengthened afterward; AS: 30; WT: 5; CT: 30)
*2nd: 20s; 3rd~: 25s
basically the time she has a 100% evasion gets longer after each use up to the 3rd time then it stays at 25s of 100% evasion each use after the 3rd time
Thanks, that was what I was curious about.

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Olivia's animation(post-attack idle stance) is almost entirely removed and she actually gets a few frames cut from her attack animation as well.

She goes from 31(not even 1 attack a second) frames to 15(2 attacks per second) frames using her SAW, which is slightly over double attack speed. Because the damage is magic-based and is only resisted in the form of % damage reduction, she can do very high damage, especially with dancers and attack boosts.

Olivia's primary fault and the reason she sees practically no use in majin 11+ stages is that enemy MR is usually well above average and her low HP makes her very susceptible to getting one-shot without skill(or even with skill, since these stages also often have a fair bit of magic damage). If you're not interested in that sort of content, though, she will suffice for pretty much anything else.

Also, she's pretty, so that's a plus.

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

News for Upcoming Maintenance on August 18th:
-Pick-up Summoning Unit Contents:
+Black: Iris, Aisha, Matsuri, Grace, Kikyou, Towa
+Platinum: Sherry, Adelle, Uzume, Marnie, Charles, Elsha

Currently at 710 sealing talisman. If the second phase has maps with the same kinds of drops as previous item trials, I'm going to stick with tormenting Nurarihyon.

I haven't used Hina in such a long time that I haven't really tested her AW Skill out on anything. She does a better job than Nanaly at destroying the Ushioni on the left-side (Nanaly's new job is to defeat Nurarihyon so I don't have to activate the Prince's skill, or deploy B Iris). Also, feeling more and more comfortable with bringing Charles with me wherever I go.

(Leak) Nanaly Second AW Illustrations (Spoilers):
Class: Inoly:

Class: Broly:

Broly: "I'm Broly—!"

Inoly is Inoshishi (Clissa Da's Mama) and Nanaly combined into one miserable and derpy being.

Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

WiliamZero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

News for Upcoming Maintenance on August 18th:
-Pick-up Summoning Unit Contents:
+Black: Iris, Aisha, Matsuri, Grace, Kikyou, Towa
+Platinum: Sherry, Adelle, Uzume, Marnie, Charles, Elsha

Currently at 710 sealing talisman. If the second phase has maps with the same kinds of drops as previous item trials, I'm going to stick with tormenting Nurarihyon.
Dammit... I really wanted all units in Pick-up Summon. MUST RESIST!! NO SC SPENDING!!

Wow already 700... ME 400 going to 500. (Only use 1 SC per day)

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Dont get baited by them refer to my post about olivia. She is obsolete.
I did some back-of-the-envelope calculations myself. While she is pretty meh out of the box, with AW skill she can potentially deal 40k to 70k magical damage per activation (with only passive boosts from Prince and Cynthia). That is pretty decent, though I agree she should get some boost, preferably in the form of a better passive. Considering that out of all the fairies and dwarves she boosts maybe three of them really benefits from her passive, it is pretty lame for a black unit. Otherwise she should be nice, if situational.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dammit... I really wanted all units in Pick-up Summon. MUST RESIST!! NO SC SPENDING!!

Wow already 700... ME 400 going to 500. (Only use 1 SC per day)
Yeah 700 is WOW
I only at 480 something , only using SC when the Charisma exceed 300
So I can run 3X at same time~

Akari20

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I just broke 700 myself. I've surprised myself because in the past I've only gotten 200-something at best (I find collection events to be a drag), but I like Hibari's design, and she's potentially going to be a useful character. Getting to farm Platinum Fairies also helps; I might be ready for the SAW Fairy map soon.

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@Gabezhule
I would just honestly ignore Ahias posts. They are pretty much nothing worth reading.

I didn't do much farming in the first part of the event. Got around 160 Talisman right now. I will probably only Farm around 400 as I don't have any use for the black Samurai. I might regret it later on if I don't farm more, but who cares \_(ツ)_/¯ .

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I just discovered something neat: I believed Towa's attack speed boost only applied when she was placed. It turns out it is passive, meaning just having her in the roster increases the attack speed of everyone.

I realized this when all of a sudden my Clissa started letting one ninja in the early rush through even though she was one-shooting them and she had beaten all of them in previous runs. I looked back to what changed, and noticed that I switched out Towa for Shirley before to give Eterna a bit of a damage boost. I switched her back in, and now Clissa shreds all of them again.

So yeah, Towa is neat. :)

On a related note, it is my understanding that Towa's ability cuts idle frames. Which units/classes would benefit the most from that? I think AOE classes like mages and gunners are an obvious candidate, but are there any particulars?

Last edited:

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Mikoto has a good synergy with Towa. It just an op passive in general though.

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I just discovered something neat: I believed Towa's attack speed boost only applied when she was placed. It turns out it is passive, meaning just having her in the roster increases the attack speed of everyone.

I realized this when all of a sudden my Clissa started letting one ninja in the early rush through even though she was one-shooting them and she had beaten all of them in previous runs. I looked back to what changed, and noticed that I switched out Towa for Shirley before to give Eterna a bit of a damage boost. I switched her back in, and now Clissa shreds all of them again.

So yeah, Towa is neat. :)

On a related note, it is my understanding that Towa's ability cuts idle frames. Which units/classes would benefit the most from that? I think AOE classes like mages and gunners are an obvious candidate, but are there any particulars?
basically, all classes with slow attack speed, including healers. the slower the attack, the more significant the effect. but it still boosts all units either way

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

basically, all classes with slow attack speed, including healers. the slower the attack, the more significant the effect. but it still boosts all units either way
Right, but if it only cuts down on the idle frames, I would think healers, who have a fairly long attack animation (with them charging first and then casting) would get less out of it than a class with really quick attack animations.

Do mind though that this is all just a thought-exercise. I recognize that the skill affects everyone and is really useful (hell, I have Towa on my roster pretty much permanently, so I should know), I just want to ponder which units would get the most out of her boost.

For example, I think she would have a really good synergy with Metus, especially during skill activation. Metus hits like a truck, but she has a fairly low DPS because of her long intervals between attacks. Her attack animation is fairly short though, and so she gets a lot of mileage out of Towa's passive.

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If you use the search feature for Towa's name, you'll find a number of posts about her passive earlier in the thread that get more technical, but to put it in summary, Towa reduces the amount of idle frames for all allies by about 20% in the testing that has been done.

Right, but if it only cuts down on the idle frames, I would think healers, who have a fairly long attack animation (with them charging first and then casting) would get less out of it than a class with really quick attack animations.
Healers, Feng-Shui and other healing classes(except Warrior Priests because their healing delay is added to their animation) benefit tremendously from Towa because they never need to deal with defense or MR. This may require a bit of lateral thinking, so an example: Towa's benefit is stronger in comparison to black shaman Kikyou's(+7% attack) until the enemy's defense or MR gets really high. A healer never needs to pierce defenses, so they always gain the most potential benefit per heal. Basically, the higher the threshold for a unit to reach in terms of defense or MR, the less effective the passive is in comparison to additional stats.

It's still the strongest passive in the game, though - even if literally no one but healing classes benefited.

For example, I think she would have a really good synergy with Metus, especially during skill activation. Metus hits like a truck, but she has a fairly low DPS because of her long intervals between attacks. Her attack animation is fairly short though, and so she gets a lot of mileage out of Towa's passive.
Other units that benefit the most from Towa's passive are quick draw/quick cast passive units. Their passive actually removes animation frames, so they still gain the full benefit of Towa's passive. -Delay affection units also benefit more than most in spite of it reducing the overall effect of Towa's passive slightly, largely due to the nature of units that have this type of affection(Sue, B. Iris, Rinne, et al.).

As mentioned above, Mikoto benefits a lot, since her attack animation is only 10 frames and her idle is 44. This is actual a considerable boost to her DPS, which is already higher than a bishop's and some mages.

With passive.

Without.

Naturally most super slow units like mages, bishops, monster slayers, druids and necros benefit considerably, but honestly, so do the faster ranged units like pirates, witches and archers - just not quite as much.

Units with no ranged attack benefit less because they are prone to attack frame resets, but it can still be powerful in challenging maps for them, especially when you need to push your units to the limit(majin maps).

The units that benefit least are ones with skills that remove all or most delay frames. Olivia, Uzume, Akane, Leone, Nanaly, etc. Rearguards also benefit little.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Lol, u guys are mixing in a lot of different things together.

Which unit benefit the most depends only on its atk-anim/idle-anim rate. It doesn't matter if they are long or short, only if one is bigger than the other.

The effect of MR and def on actual dps is real, but not useful to compare units since it depends entirely on your enemy and the map.
Even for healers, once we account for over-healing, it's not clear anymore if faster is better than stronger or the other way around until we are on the field.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Which unit benefit the most depends only on its atk-anim/idle-anim rate. It doesn't matter if they are long or short, only if one is bigger than the other.

The effect of MR and def on actual dps is real, but not useful to compare units since it depends entirely on your enemy and the map.
Even for healers, once we account for over-healing, it's not clear anymore if faster is better than stronger or the other way around until we are on the field.
I don't see what's wrong with mixing things together. Each of those components play a part in how a unit can perform in a mission.

Healers being the least affected by external influences are a reason why they benefit the most. You won't see immediate benefits for easier mission types, but for difficult missions (Majin), the effect is enormous due to the increased healing demand. The only healer-type that is does not benefit greatly as much as other healers are Dark Priests, since their heal (during skill activation) is affected by the MR of an enemy. I have tested it and noticed a reduced healing output from Verdinath depending on the enemy.

It's not really relevant to the discussion, but here is Leona getting healed by Verdinath:

557 healing instead of 697 due the Tengu's 20 MR. Math may look wrong, but you need to account for the poison tick damage.

Just some mechanical tidbits that people may not know about or realize.

Last edited:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Why wouldn't you? Mitigation and attack speed interact all the time. Mitigation is stronger than most games in Aigis too, so it's a very relevant discussion.

Towa only effects delay frames. How significantly Towa effects a unit's rate of fire is based on their total delay frames and does not interact with animation of attack frames at all.

This is why Mikoto gains so much DPS off of Towa, since over 80% of her full attack cycle is idle frames.

Why wouldn't it be useful to compare?

The stats of enemies change, but at the end of the day 1k defense is still 1k defense. How a maxed unit deals damage to that enemy won't change unless you have additional modifiers like passives, dancers, alchemists or attack boost actives.

The defenses of enemies is improving with later events too; the practicality of this discussion can't be ignored.

As for healers, increasing the heals per second of a team is an incredible boost in the highest content. There's a reason Saria is such a beloved healer.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't see what's wrong with mixing things together. Each of those components play a part in how a unit can perform in a mission.

Healers being the least affected by external influences are a reason why they benefit the most. You won't see immediate benefits for easier mission types, but for difficult missions (Majin), the effect is enormous due to the increased healing demand.
Over-heal is the key factor here. Sometimes u need to be faster, others, healing is concentrated on only 1 tank so stronger might be better. Precisely as u note, it depends on the map, that's my point.

Why wouldn't you? Mitigation and attack speed interact all the time. Mitigation is stronger than most games in Aigis too, so it's a very relevant discussion.

Towa only effects delay frames. How significantly Towa effects a unit's rate of fire is based on their total delay frames and does not interact with animation of attack frames at all.

This is why Mikoto gains so much DPS off of Towa, since over 80% of her full attack cycle is idle frames.

Why wouldn't it be useful to compare?

The stats of enemies change, but at the end of the day 1k defense is still 1k defense. How a maxed unit deals damage to that enemy won't change unless you have additional modifiers like passives, dancers, alchemists or attack boost actives.

The defenses of enemies is improving with later events too; the practicality of this discussion can't be ignored.

As for healers, increasing the heals per second of a team is an incredible boost in the highest content. There's a reason Saria is such a beloved healer.
You are not the one mixing things. That was a reference to people saying or implying that a slow unit benefits more than a fast one, when it actually depends only on the rate of the animation phases.
10 frames atk-anim / 10 frames idle-anim = 1
100 frames atk-anim / 100 frames idle-anim = 1
This both theoretical units benefit equally.

I say the points u mention are valid, but comparing depends entirely on the map. If we are against a swarm of 20 bats on a subjugation, speed is king, whereas if u are against a unit with high defense then more power is better, unless u have a true dmg unit and then speed is best again.
That's the point, just to warn the map is important so raising X or Y (Towa or Kykyou in this case) unit beforehand will not guarantee anything.

Ahia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Over-heal is the key factor here. Sometimes u need to be faster, others, healing is concentrated on only 1 tank so stronger might be better. Precisely as u note, it depends on the map, that's my point.

You are not the one mixing things. That was a reference to people saying or implying that a slow unit benefits more than a fast one, when it actually depends only on the rate of the animation phases.
10 frames atk-anim / 10 frames idle-anim = 1
100 frames atk-anim / 100 frames idle-anim = 1
This both theoretical units benefit equally.

I say the points u mention are valid, but comparing depends entirely on the map. If we are against a swarm of 20 bats on a subjugation, speed is king, whereas if u are against a unit with high defense then more power is better, unless u have a true dmg unit and then speed is best again.
That's the point, just to warn the map is important so raising X or Y (Towa or Kykyou in this case) unit beforehand will not guarantee anything.

Hey i happen to have a spare copy of a book you might like.

Take some time and read it. It will help you understand what everyone is telling you.