What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Cannon Squad in the Marshes 3-star by Taian (CC Silver + Prince):

Taian stopped the early horsemen rush with Lord Witch Calliope, Prince, and Unicorn Knight Mischa. Though, these are all cost-reduced, but you have a leeway of around 27 cost minus the Prince to work with.
fuck I tried this just now and my lvl 120 prince just died it all slowly went down hill from there pretty frustrating failing because of ppl making vids with a high lvl prince using crap units again....so I guess Im just gonna have to let those stupid fucking horsemen run free until I get the black summoner high enough and a monk to tank since theyed probably just shred katie

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

fuck I tried this just now and my lvl 120 prince just died it all slowly went down hill from there pretty frustrating failing because of ppl making vids with a high lvl prince using crap units again....so I guess Im just gonna have to let those stupid fucking horsemen run free until I get the black summoner high enough and a monk to tank since theyed probably just shred katie
According to Taian after he posted that video, you can do it with a rank 125 Prince if you time your deployment correctly. . .

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate this it cost so much stamina and its not like its hard for me to fail it slightest mistake in placing a unit and its over. Then this is only the first half of the event and I'm already failing this miserably so I guess that 2nd half is going to be even worst.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't get stressed over not being able to complete missions. If you're having trouble with a map, then take the time to do other missions and power up your units. Focusing too much doing only event missions will only delay making your team stronger. Even I will give up on doing a mission if it's not possible. Most notably are the second set of Imelia's event missions, because I lacked area damage, and the extreme tier mission for Eliza's event, because I lacked good units to take out flight units.

During the past few days, I got Nenya to CC50 from CC35 and 100% affection from 0% because I got a bunch of silver fairies trying to farm for silver soldiers. I'm glad this week's event is a star trial event because I have the chance to get Imelia's and Marie's affection to 100% so I'll be more prepared for future events.

Last edited:

Starbound

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I hate this it cost so much stamina and its not like its hard for me to fail it slightest mistake in placing a unit and its over. Then this is only the first half of the event and I'm already failing this miserably so I guess that 2nd half is going to be even worst.
Nasugame's on Youtube was simpler for me to use.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeh that looks alot easier summoning the prince and a witch and anna in like 3 seconds before the horse riders make it was kind of ridiculous and activating her skill on top of it I think even with all that one of the riders still made it past and having out 2 archers instead would probably kill those ropers alot faster.

@exkale well I'm aiming to farm that mission with the platinum armors and fairies if those drop at a high enough rate I think Id be better off farming there than phalanx 2 to get all these platinums cced. I think Ive got a decent spread of units a couple at 100% affection or really close namely witches and healers a silver lancer and that sapphire princess I feel was a complete waste now because themis at 0% affection is better than her.

I think my problem is just these higher maps that zerg rush you with powerful things and enemies that do status effects silver units just dont really cut it if some of them arent maxed affection u can fail because of that or just a slight mistake in placement or your units are a few cost points too high. I just need some actually strong gold/platinums that are so strong that a few extra cost points is worth w/e increased dmg or better skills they have and blacks would probably just mindlessly obliterate things.

Awakened units would help a ton too but I kind of lack the funds I had 400k 2 events ago and now im hovering around 250k. some of the maps are too hard or at least the one I tried 6 soldiers in the beginning and they just turn w/e melee I summon into mincemeat I only have 1 silver archer cced and cost reduced Xao takes too long to summon at 16 cost so I guess Im a little lacking in the archer department Im pretty sure I fed all copies except 1 of the archer Soma to my other units so I dont really want to cc another silver archer I have 2 claires and 1 spica and 3 of those male archers to boost her skill I believe both of them would end up close to the same cost a xao and wouldnt really make a difference so I havent cced either yet.

All in all I can't really do anything about getting stronger other than slowly accumulating platinum fairies and gold for awakenings and you can really only earn gold on monday and only like 100k? unless you use crystals

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The sapphire princess is only good when she is awakened.

Xiao with 16 cost is actually an archer with 0 cost reduction. Xiao with max cost reduction is 11 cost while 0 CR is 16. I wouldn't recommend using her over Claire or Spica because those two are actually cheaper than Xiao. CC'd Claire with 0 CR is 14 cost, while CC'd Spica is 14 cost. I wouldn't recommend using Xiao anymore because the cost is too high for her capabilities. Take a look at when you want to compare stats.

If you're curious about the drop rate of challenge quests, then you can probably check out:

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, If you don't have Nanaly - there is no better archer than Spica. Later on, when she is awakened, she also boost all your archers. She is mighty for most of situations. Xiao is fun and cute but most of the times you will need boost in dps as skill, not "small chance to insta kill which can fail"

Marcus, show us your group. According to your previous messages I think you should focus on your main group and not even think about AW yet. But maybe I am not right, that's why we could get a look at your group.
About monday daily - I hope you are doing last map, not middle one =o

ps. for someone still struggling with last map you might check . Unfortunately I failed it but thanks to this I noticed my 2nd witch is a lie and I should level her properly with flowers or switch to platinum witch already. Also: that my Maribelle still sucks untill I will give her more flowers (or maybe lvl Rean, lol). Thanks god my Bernice is mighty.... Although, I will check tactics linked by Petite now.

My main trouble in this game are affection items - I am always short on them. Thanks to this event I will be able to play some more dailes instead of only monday one.

Last edited:

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hmm so 14 cost thats like barely less than xao Im not sure if it would make a difference in that AW map I was attempting I guess if the claire got down to 13 cost that would be a pretty big difference but I like spicas skill more
this is my team I swap out w/e I need for the map Im doing and I basically have never used that dancer her skill getting only to lvl 3 with 6 copies was a bit of a disapointment. Their affections are probably like this
Xao 50%
Daniela 50%
Themis 0%
Pashieru w/e gunner girl 50%
Chizuru? samurai 69%
silver healer 25%
Imelia 55%
Maribelle 0%
Memento 100%
Sapphire princess 100%
Katie 84%?
Pales? silver mage 20%
male silver mage 30%?
ninja 50%
gold healer 83%
platinum healer 100%
gold witch 100%
silver witch 88%
silver lancer 75%
Berenice 62%
dancer 30%
gold male mage probably 0
black summoner 51%
I realized I actually have claire at 42% already so Im a bit tempted to cc her before spica but that skill and those male archers I got lined up say otherwise and I most likely will not be doing any awakenings anytime soon anyway Im too poor and my 11 crystals wont make it out of this event alive so no monday daily crystal spamming for gold either

Last edited:

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

barely 1 stared the last map those horse riders killed Maribelle I guess I need to just immediately summon her so she has time to get her skill up and maybe give her 1-2 copies of that lancer to get her skill up to 25 seconds I think id likely have those lancers beating on her for about 30 seconds. my archer is also too weak to kill the gunner before he unfreezes so I may need to either get her affection that last 50% or go and cc a better one spica or claire and also those early goblins/wolves walk past my lancer its dmg just isnt enough I chalk that up to this video
that dude is lvl 200 Im realizing now so that extra boost in the prince skill and his title is enough to mean my lancer fails Im not quite sure what to do about that other than CC something cheap that attacks faster and has about 400 dmg like that lancer, platinum assassin or maybe that gold monk? Im beginning to feel I may have to abandon the idea of making 18 or preferably 19 stars from this event the way Im doing so horribly with these missions

Last edited:

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think you should level your characters more before thinking about AW (atleast to CC40).

I hope someone with better knowledge can also add you some comments.

I will we commenting your girls from left to right and from top to bottom (from pictures, not affection list)

1st line:
1. gold HA Bernice - looks like I can't add anything except "give her more flowers!" She is really good girl and probably first you will be able to AW since she is max lvl already (but that doesn't mean you should AW her as your first).
2. silver mage Valerie - I see you can cost reduce him a bit. Lvl him to CC40 at least. There is not many men around in this game so you may also give him more affection (can't believe you dont have any? I am flowing with men affection for long long time). I would use him over Pales (female mage) for few reasons: he is easier to cost reduce and because of affection.
3. silver valkirie whos name I dont even remember because none is using her... - Misha (silver valkyrie with yellow clothes) is much better than her, same with Carry (gold valkyrie with green hair)
4. silver witch Calliope. Witches are always usefull, I would use her over Chloris (gold witch) - just because she is uch cheaper and her copies drops really often.
5. gold witch Chloris - I wont comment on her since she is forever lvl 5 in my roster.

2nd line:
1. Memento (necromancer) - I don't use her but if not, I wouldn't stick with just lvl 50. She doesn't have AW, atleast give her some lvls.
2. Camilla (plat healer) - I reccomend give her more lvls. She may be your first AW. She has AW bonus similar to Iris (but a bit better) - upon deployment she heals whole group for a little bit. I have AW Iris and I agree this bonus is really usefull and saved my ass a lot of times.
3. Daniela (silver archer) - You have atleast one cheap archer, thats good.
4. Iris (gold healer) - healers are your core, you should 100% affection atleast 3 of them. You should notice better performance just because they love you more. My comment for Camilla is valid here too.
5. Silver Ninja (I don't recognize her name) - since you don't have Azami (plat ninja) she might be usefull...

3rd line:
1. Kaguya (sapphire princess) - someone already mmentioned she is usefull after AW, untill then she is not good Princess (and according to her stats - I agree)
2. Katie (gold soldier) - what can I say... everyone loves Katie.
3. Pales (silver mage)
4. Black summoner - I am jealous. I always wanted summoner but I started playing after Sorano event. They are so awesome I can;t believe yours is only lvl 31. Why?!
5. Xiao (gold archer) - like we already mentioned a few times, 16 cost for early deployment unit is CRAZY BAD. Atleast you have Daniela so it is not so bad, but in lot of strategies attack boost on skill > chance to kill. Better lvl your other archers - Spica or Claire and someday later you will find time to lvl your Xiao if you like her so much. For now she is too costly (and her AW bonus is a crap)

Second picture:

1st line:
1. Maribelle (plat HA) - I've been using Bernice since my first day in Aegis and according to her Maribelle is really bad. But I heard a lot of times that she is mighty with 100% affection.
2. Ruka (silver healer) - srsly, focus on lvling your healers, you'll start surviving maps you are dying now.
3. Waltz (dancer) - QQ, can't comment. For me mats to CC her are more important in other places.
4. Imeria (plat bandit) - another cool girl I don't have time to lvl.
5. Themis (gold princess) - I read somewhere that she had some improvement but since I don't have her I can't comment
6. Chizuru (gold samurai)
7. Pashisu (silver gunner) - I am going to AW my platinum gunner soon. She is really good, and Pashisu was also good to raise my Janna skill
8. gold mage, if you use him why stick with lvl 30?

In sum: You should focus on raising all characters you are using to CC40. Then focus on your healers to max them out. Then you can start AW.

Remember that for AW you need a lot of silver units, orbs, money and 100% affection. Some of your characters might be cost recuded before you use their copies to AW something.

ps. You stupid archer orb, why you don't want to drop!

Last edited:

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

In original Petite post about Kagura and Noel awakening ( http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=579281&highlight=Kagura#post579281 ) we see, that on AW Kagura is supposed to give +5% attack to 'soldier-type' units, which I understood as units whose class is 'soldier'.

However, now when I look at wiki I see the skill description is:

出撃メンバーにいるだけで
全近接系クラスの
攻撃力が5%上昇

Doesn't that mean, that she gives 5% to all melee-type units? Maybe this has been changed somewhere on the way, and I missed? Or maybe I understand it wrong?

5% to soldiers is meh, but 5% to all melee would make her my current no1 priority to AW.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Doesn't that mean, that she gives 5% to all melee-type units? Maybe this has been changed somewhere on the way, and I missed? Or maybe I understand it wrong?
They changed it during the maintenance for the Battle Maiden's Contract that had the Platinum Valkyrie Emilia not too long ago. I know Kroset noticed the changes to Kagura at the very least.

The Awakened Abilities they Buffed/Changed Were the Following:
Gold Angel Eln (Angel's Small Healing)
Platinum Witch Adelle (Team HP+6% > Team HP+10%)
Platinum Princess Lilia (Regen+12HP[x3 skill] sec. > Regen+24HP[3x skill] sec.)
Platinum Monk Ur (Auto Heal)
Platinum Shaman Kagura (Team Soldier AT+7% > Team Melee AT+5%)
Black Angel Sophie (Angel's Healing)

They buffed all of the characters that used to have class-type buffs from 5% to 7% to make them more useful (they buffed Adelle's crappy AW ability from 3% to 6% then), but I forget which update they did that at the top of my head.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like Aegis doesn't like the idea me AWing Claire. I did todays orb map around 10 times (or more, I used 2 sacred crystals) and I received:

8x paladin orb
2x healer orb
3x strategist orb
5x gunner orb
0x archer orb

I pass.

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Chipping in on the unit roster because...uh, well just because, really.
(Note: I am bad at this game)

Bernice vs Maribelle
: Just go with Bernice. I've spent the past five minutes trying to justify using Maribelle and the only reason why I use her (on maps where I need a second armor) is because she's literally my other option outside of Rean (Silver Heavy). Maribelle's attack is pretty helpful when she's using that skill, though.

Silver Valkyrie With Her Eye Taped Shut
: Yeah I don't know her name either. I think you have enough unit variety to cut her out entirely, unless you absolutely need the Valkyrie's passive traits. I'm assuming you don't just have a replacement Valk tho'.

I'm actually not quite sure what the initial request was.
Overall though: The best strategy I found was to figure out why you're losing. Take this event for example, for the last 50/5 map (with the pre-deployed cannons and armors).
I followed a strategy that was using all-silvers and could not get it to work, and the reason why was because my mage was being deployed too early and dying before the healer can get out to support her, so after delaying my deployment until I stocked more points (15 instead of 10) everything worked better.
(Until the end when I invariably panic because Oh god everyone is at low health oh no what do I do)

The team I use for reference

With regards to the final map: Rean (2nd row, 1st from the left) is never used, Anna (row 2, column 4) is never used (but hey, free buffs), and the little witch girl (row 3, column 2) is never used.
Also I had a another healer in there (the fairy queen lady) but she's not present in this picture. :<

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hmm so 14 cost thats like barely less than xao Im not sure if it would make a difference in that AW map I was attempting I guess if the claire got down to 13 cost that would be a pretty big difference but I like spicas skill more
this is my team I swap out w/e I need for the map Im doing and I basically have never used that dancer her skill getting only to lvl 3 with 6 copies was a bit of a disapointment. Their affections are probably like this
Barely less is actually a good improvement because it effectively lets you sortie units faster. Saving 2 cost means you are able to deploy another unit 2 seconds sooner than you would with the original unit you were using. This is really important for the early portion of missions.

silver healer 25% - Get her to 100%
Maribelle 0% - Without affection, she is as good as a silver heavy armor.
100% affection will boost her attack a lot. Her skill relies on her stats being good.
0% affection: 160~ attack * 2 = 320~ attack with skill
100% affection: 280~attack * 2 = 560~ attack with skill

Katie 84%? - 100%
Pales? silver mage 20% - I would get her to 100%. Her skill is easy to level up if you can get silver units with the same skill as her. She'll provide nice burst damage.
gold healer 83% - 100%
platinum healer 100%
gold witch 100%
silver witch 88% - At least finish the job! Getting her to 100% will boost her a bit.
silver lancer 75% - The one you're using is a defensive type silver valkyrie. Mischa (the one in yellow) can have 100 more attack than her with 100% affection.
Berenice 62% - Definitely get her to 100%. She'll always be a part of your team so there's no reason not to get her to 100%.
black summoner 51% - Definitely 100%.
I realized I actually have claire at 42% already so Im a bit tempted to cc her before spica but that skill and those male archers I got lined up say otherwise and I most likely will not be doing any awakenings anytime soon anyway Im too poor and my 11 crystals wont make it out of this event alive so no monday daily crystal spamming for gold either
It doesn't hurt to CC Claire first. Spica will require 3 silver archers to CC so having Claire ready first is better because you'll be able to use her sooner. Claire's skill is good as well and you'll be able to use it frequently compared to Spica.

My comments in bold.

I am excited about using a unit. It's been a long time since I felt this way about a unit. Who am I excited about using? Gold Sailor Marie. I liked her art before and even got her affection up as soon as I got her without realizing how bad she is without levels. I did compare her to Gina and Katie (both at 10 cost) at the time so those two took a spot on my roster over her (12 cost) and then she was forgotten until now. She's not getting wrecked by wolves anymore and now she's swiftly taking them out without issue.

All I can say is that Marie really improves with levels. Her attack speed is nice and her skill is amazing. I've been pairing her up with Waltz (sadly still 0% affection) and Sherry so those two do contribute to the increased usage of Marie. Mine is only 50CC54 and I will be excited once I get her awakened. I really can't wait to use her, after AW, with 100% affection Waltz. I would still use Marie even if she is 20 cost.

edit:
@Longherin
oh god I can't unsee that eye anymore

@marcus
I will tell you my 2 cents on you wanting more platinum units. Having more platinum units will not solve your problems immediately. You'll be making it harder on yourself because you'll need more resources to make your team stronger. If you only use platinum units, then you'll take longer to get everyone near awakening level because everyone is using platinum fairies. As long as you keep using a good mix of silver, gold, and platinum units that you focus on, then those units will be (near) max class change level easily. I have a bunch of platinum 50CC30~ because I try to use everyone I can get. If I changed my attitude about my team months earlier, then I will easily have a few (6 probably) of 50CC50+ platinums that can do work instead of 12 platinums that are asking for platinum fairies.

Not enough platinum fairies to spread the love around. I made sure to include a few gold units in my team because I don't want an all platinum team to be a huge burden on me. The reason I can get by despite their levels is because nearly everyone that I use is at 100% affection.
Olivia - 100%
Anna - 0%
Sherry - 100%
Belinda - 100%
Jelius - 100%
Maribelle - 100%
Echidna - 100%
Marius - 100%
Shidis - 100%
Momiji - 100%
Fran - 100%
Imelia - 50%
Waltz - 0%
Eliza - 100%
Emilia - 0%
Claire - 100%
Iris - 100%
Betty - 100%
Fedora - 100%
Mehlis - 100%
Hien - 29%
Katie - 100%
Gina - 100%
Marie - 76%
Zaram - 0%
Xiao - 100%

Last edited:

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

GRAH!

100k spent on normal summons looking for a FREAKING SILVER

and i got Calliope..... I DONT NEED NO MORE WITCHES!

bladeguy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yay~ I awoken my Eliza. Not sure if it was a good decision, but it was either her, adelle, or belinda. I probably should of awakened Belinda, but.... what's done is done.

Her slow with her skill on with AW almost makes the enemy not move, but only move about "2 steps" forward, which seems pretty nifty, but probably useless.

Oh well. I was bored, and couldn't roll Cornelia(Black rarity Dark knight), so I AW'd Eliza on the spur of the moment I guess.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I did compare her to Gina and Katie (both at 10 cost)
How did you get Katie to cost 10? She is not available via summons, is she ?

Petite Soeur said:
Platinum Shaman Kagura (Team Soldier AT+7% > Team Melee AT+5%)
Hym, that makes Two Holy Women one of the best events ever, awarding two units you almost always want to have on your team. (Though Sorano event is still my favorite one).

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was comparing the units at the time I had them. Not their current state. This meant Katie when she was not class changed and I did not get the second copy :p