What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Awakening system implementation blew everything, and I mean everything up. I coulda gotten a cute Dorothy if not for it ><

And, yes, must burn charisma/stamina until empty in preparation for the patch.

A small miss translation on Petite's part
・一部のユニット性能を上方修正
The above does not mean re-balance, it means certain units are getting buffed.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh, Sorano is that awesome summoner i was so jealous I don't have :(
Why oh why I started playing this game SO late...........

I hope they will reprint it someday

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You can always buy the black summoner, lol.

I wonder if new patch means no more Rural Farming. Wouldn't miss it too much...

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:<

You're mean 'cos you know it's your fault that I started playing so late... :(

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wonder if new patch means no more Rural Farming. Wouldn't miss it too much...
I've been waiting for them to put a higher cost level map on par with it for farming. With the increases to max resources by level ups passed 100, spamming Rural is even more of a chore than it used to be. Then again, a silver archer solo farming it is quite nice. It still does take like half an hour though even with speed up.

Last edited:

hanthiec

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay, maybe anyone else got same problem as me: two times in a row my games just shut down itsels one hit before momji dies on 50/5. I am too scared to try it 3rd time, 10 hours of waiting already lost >.> this never happend for me, I am playing on android app.

Edit:
Ok, 3 times in a row (i tried reebots etc, not reinstalling whole game). Game crashes when I am doing last hit on momji. Started to occur after I got her dropped first time....
I played this map used my galaxy tab 2 and got the same problem. All the menu disappear even Momiji haven't die yet... Too scare to try another gamble with my tab... Hope it will be fix soon. T_T

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@hanthiec

8 hours later (after sleep) I tried again and my game worked just fine. You might try again.
I am still wondering what was the reason though....

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Newbie question of the day : How useful is a single Momji ? (somehow managed to nab one from the 30/2 map.. but considering the chances of getting more are ~0.. dunno..)

(and no I can't do the higher maps..)

arisato minato

Reputation score

Newbie question of the day : How useful is a single Momji ? (somehow managed to nab one from the 30/2 map.. but considering the chances of getting more are ~0.. dunno..)

(and no I can't do the higher maps..)
Completely useless IMO. Like Petite said, samurai only good when you get them to AW which is impossible for newbie, also Momiji need an AW saint to offset her skill side effect not to mention her skill would need to be 10/10 to make the most of it.

So yes. IMO Momiji is completely useless.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Most farm event units need to be farmed quite a bit to be really useful, Samurai are especially difficult because of their high cost and lowish stats before AW. If you're a newbie, usually best to focus on improving your team for clear events during these farm events.

That said I wouldn't call a single Momji useless, she has 2 block and attacks all enemies she's blocking even before AW (When she can block/attack 3 units at a time). Her stats may be meh initially and her cost is high but you probably don't have a unit with that double-triple attack/block potential. She could come in handy in clear events for you in the future. Her skill doesn't even need to be used for her to be effective. For a new player, any new unit types that give you more options for dealing with different situations can be helpful. Good 2+ block units are pretty rare from events, if you don't have Yurina (Dark Knight), you may be using her for melee heavy maps.

Last edited:

arisato minato

Reputation score

I would advice newbie player like myself to focus their resources on basic silver first before doing event map.

50cced30 Healer, Heavy Armor, Archer and Witch are what you need before doing any event.

That said with enough love (and money), anything is possible.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Taian did a comparison for all of the platinum samurai:
Disclaimer: Momiji's attack speed as a Shogun is unknown, so this all depends on if Momiji is like Sakuya and Shizuka, and not Akane. Momiji's paralysis time is estimated to be 12 seconds, and her power attack increase is calculated as +100.

Master Samurai Regular Attack:
Momiji: AT392 (0.88aps*); 1742 (5 sec); 3449 (10 sec); 5174 (15 sec)
Akane: AT515 (0.83aps*); 2137 (5 sec); 4274 (10 sec); 6411 (15 sec)
Sakuya: AT456 (0.83aps*); 1892 (5 sec); 3784 (10 sec); 5677 (15 sec)
Shizuka: AT512 (0.83aps*); 4249 (5 sec); 4249 (10 sec); 6374 (15 sec)
*aps (attacks per attack)

Master Samurai Skill Max Attack:
Momiji: AT1176 (0.88aps*); 5174 (5 sec); 8279 (10 sec); 8279 (15 sec)
Akane: AT515 (0.83aps*); 2137 (5 sec); 4274 (10 sec); 6411 (15 sec)
Sakuya: AT866.4 (0.83aps*); 3595 (5 sec); 7191 (10 sec); 10786 (15 sec)
Shizuka: AT512 (0.83aps*); 2124 (5 sec); 4249 (10 sec); 6374 (15 sec)

Shogun Regular Attack:
Momiji: AT741 (0.7aps*); 2593 (5 sec); 5187 (10 sec); 7780 (15 sec)
Akane: AT599 (1.0aps*); 2995 (5 sec); 5990 (10 sec); 8985 (15 sec)
Sakuya: AT527 (0.83aps*); 2187 (5 sec); 4374 (10 sec); 6561 (15 sec)
Shizuka: AT633.15 (0.83aps*); 2627 (5 sec); 5255 (10 sec); 7882 (15 sec)

Shogun Skill Max Attack:
Momiji: AT2223 (0.7aps*); 7780.5 (5 sec); 12448 (10 sec); 12448 (15 sec)
Akane: AT599 (1.0aps*); 2995 (5 sec); 5990 (10 sec); 8985 (15 sec)
Sakuya: AT1001.3 (0.83aps*); 4155 (5 sec); 8310 (10 sec); 12466 (15 sec)
Shizuka: AT633.15 (0.83aps*); 2627 (5 sec); 5255 (10 sec); 7882 (15 sec)

Now, you may be thinking that Momiji might be better than Sakuya if you have an awakened healer, but here's a comparison between the two from 15 to 30 seconds.

Momiji+AW-Healer and Sakuya Skill Max Attack:
Momiji: 12967 (15 sec); 15561 (20 sec); 18154 (25 sec); 20748 (30 sec)
Sakuya: 12466 (15 sec); 16621 (20 sec) 20776 (25 sec); 24932 (30 sec)

@Fruitsmoothie:
Samurai have been around since before the Maribelle event, and I have seen very few people use Akane. Sakuya has been around since the Dragon Princess's Revival event, and—as you can see—Sakuya is way better than Momiji with her skill. So, I'm reasonably certain that people aren't going to find much use for Momiji in their team; she's like Drania* in that the only reason you would use her on a map as a samurai or master samurai is probably because you don't have anything else better to use.

*Drania is like having a silver soldier chief and battle master with a good skill. For long maps like the ones during the Belinda and Maribelle event, Drania is a pretty decent character if you don't actually have a battle master in your party (especially one that is gold+).

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Fruitsmoothie:
Samurai have been around since before the Maribelle event, and I have seen very few people use Akane. Sakuya has been around since the Dragon Princess's Revival event, and—as you can see—Sakuya is way better than Momiji with her skill. So, I'm reasonably certain that people aren't going to find much use for Momiji in their team; she's like Drania* in that the only reason you would use her on a map as a samurai or master samurai is probably because you don't have anything else better to use.

*Drania is like having a silver soldier chief and battle master with a good skill. For long maps like the ones during the Belinda and Maribelle event, Drania is a pretty decent character if you don't actually have a battle master in your party (especially one that is gold+).
I wasn't even here for Akane, I didn't even realize she was an event girl. I said that Momiji would only be useful if you're new and lack units basically in my message, so I'm not disagreeing with you there. She's not very useful until she's awakened, so she's like the Ninja girl we just got. Seems there will be a lot more event units like that.

I'd say as usual comparing gacha girls to event girls is difficult. On the one hand event girls are much easier to cost reduce, but gacha girls are usually stronger by default. Momiji will have an advantage against armor units and be weaker than others to rush, just based on her attack speed/attack boost from AW alone even if they have similar stats as well. Pretty weird how we have 4 plat samurais now when some other classes only have 1. Aegis really likes Samurais.

Also P.S: "モミジ" (Momiji) also translates to "Maple" in translators. I guess Momiji might make more sense given her character, but Maple is kind of cute too. Not sure which to call her. It would be easier if she had maple leaves on her coat instead of flowers lol. Now for what's really important: Have you guys seen her AW art? Daaaamnnn. Her first CG also surprised me, crazy boob physics aside, she didn't seem that curvy in her stand up art and looks quite nice in it. I look forward to seeing her 2nd scene.

Last edited:

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I see, well im a newbie with nothing better (she was my first plat unit actually).
oh another (kind of) random question :
Today I got a plat rogue in my present box, but I couldn't figure out why.. if anyone has any idea why I got her pls do tell (pic in spoiler.. cause I got no idea of her name)

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You get that unit for free at level 30.

I'm a new player who has only played for around a month (started around the pirate and ninja event) and found that there needs to be more advice for beginners in the OP. I underutilized soldier and valkyrie units. After getting level 60 recently, I started to realize how useful Katie is (gold soldier unit from tutorial missions). Being able to deploy units faster is very useful for new players who struggle to optimize unit choices in order to keep their defenses stable. Because I started to use Katie more often I was able to get 7 copies of Momiji, even though I can only 1-star clear 50/5. I've also cleared story missions I really had difficulty with previously since I've started using Katie.

LostCause

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know why but everytime I start the app on my android phone, when it reach the download part where the girl is riding the horse, it always crashing.

Anyone know what's happening here?

(by the way I'm using a oneplus so it's shouldn't because of the spec)

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The thing about Samurai's is that they don't have a clear role for me. I have had Akane since I started, and there was no event she was really useful instead of another unit that did similar stuff. She isn't tanky enough to block stuff like heavy armors do, so she can't do that well, though she can usually replace a soldier at a map after it's active is used.

My main problem is the cost actually. If they were cheaper, I'd consider replacing Rin. But right now, no way.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You get that unit for free at level 30.

I'm a new player who has only played for around a month (started around the pirate and ninja event) and found that there needs to be more advice for beginners in the OP. I underutilized soldier and valkyrie units. After getting level 60 recently, I started to realize how useful Katie is (gold soldier unit from tutorial missions). Being able to deploy units faster is very useful for new players who struggle to optimize unit choices in order to keep their defenses stable. Because I started to use Katie more often I was able to get 7 copies of Momiji, even though I can only 1-star clear 50/5. I've also cleared story missions I really had difficulty with previously since I've started using Katie.
It's something that's kind of hard to do and keep up to date. The game changes so frequently it's hard to give straight answers for a lot of things, but I agree that the OP is a bit lacking in cohesion at least.

Yeah soldiers or valks are almost always your first deployed units on difficult maps because of how valuable sortie is. If you're missing out on them, that's a big problem. There are maps that don't allow you to gain sortie by normal time means so the only way you can even place more than a couple units is by using soldiers and valks. I remember I waited far too long to CC a soldier for the 3 block and 15 sortie skill as well, so I feel you there. It probably cost me some event clears.

A pretty balanced newbie roster (Excluding special units) is something like:

2 Healers, 2 soldiers (One CC'd for 3 block and 15 sortie skill, one non CC'd so it has a small cost for rush and 2 block), 1 valk,
1 Ha, 2 archers, 2 witches,
2 mages, fill in the rest with duelists (Rogues, Valks, Bandits, Princess, Monk, etc) and/or another healer.

Special units can eventually fill in a lot of the default roles pretty well. Monks are great to replace the non CC'd soldier for example once your valk and soldiers and such are stronger.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My main line up currently consists of the following:
1 Soldier
1 Valk - Elaine 30CC
3 Healers - Arisa 30CC
1 Pirate
2 Archer - Claire 50CC, Soma 30CC
2 Witch - Calliope 50CC
1 Mage
Sherry (Luckily got her from the gatcha when I first started so I relied on her too much)
Jelius

The following are interchangeable depending on what I need:
Berenice
Gina
Iron Mage
Silver Soldier
Claudia (Just a recent addition)
Momiji (situational, found her to be squishy at the moment)

I really do regret most of my early CC characters. If I had discovered how to play efficiently when I first began playing, then I wouldn't have mind that I early CC a healer or archer. The fact that I got 3 early CC is pretty regrettable.

I am at a dilemma on my next 50CC choice after I 50CC Ruka. Other than Momiji, which I can easily 50CC soon because of copies I got, I would really like to 50CC so many other characters. I would like Katie to be 50CC'd just for the next Reinforcement skill, but I would also like to 50CC my mage, Berenice, Jelius, and Cloris. Choices, choices :(

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also P.S: "モミジ" (Momiji) also translates to "Maple" in translators. I guess Momiji might make more sense given her character, but Maple is kind of cute too. Not sure which to call her. It would be easier if she had maple leaves on her coat instead of flowers lol. Now for what's really important: Have you guys seen her AW art? Daaaamnnn. Her first CG also surprised me, crazy boob physics aside, she didn't seem that curvy in her stand up art and looks quite nice in it. I look forward to seeing her 2nd scene.
It depends on the kanjis but Momiji is used more commonly to refer to the maple's red autumn leaves while Kaede is used for the tree itself.