What's new

[WIP - Full] [RJ137150] Lilitales -リリテイルズ- (English Translation)

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Last Release: 01/15/2017, @v0.772-app
Features of v0.772-app:
- 1 Chaos Route Scene ("the interview")
- some more Arena dialogue
- minor UI fix for summons

Next Release: Classified, TBA (Read Apr 16 2018 News Below)

The full game can be found here:

- or here:

- or here:

IMPORTANT NEWS: April 16th 2018
Currently working in private with author (Tunnel73, aka "Koyu"), with him handling the majority of the remaining translations and debugging. By his request, I've removed public links and keeping discretion regarding project progress. You can probably guess where this is going. :)

In the interest of supporting the author's wishes, I'd like to request that any redistributions of my translations be kept private. So please, do Not Publicly Share these translations.

For more details, here's my blog post on the topic:

Main Version (Append-mandatory), v0.772-app
NOTE: This patch is only intended for those whom have the append. Using this build with just the base game (without the append) will result in errors and crashes.
If you only have the base game, stick with build v0.494a instead.
Dropbox:
Link Removed)
Google:
Link Removed)
Mediafire:
Link Removed)

v1.02 Translation, v0.494a:
Instructions for installation included in “Translation Instructions and Credits.txt”

Note: Downed Links will only be reuploaded when requested, or when only one/none remain operational. Public reuploads will be limited to 3 times per file host per patch release. This is to preserve accounts/IPs as long as possible before getting suspended. Of course, this limitation does not apply to private link requests via ULMF messaging.

Dropbox:
Link Removed)

Google Drive:
Link Removed)

Mediafire: (manually copy-paste this into your browser. MF blocks referrals from ULMF)
Link Removed)
OPTIONAL patch: Hobo Std fonts for Ishtar city map labels:
(no changes since initial release)
Dropbox:

Google Drive:

Mediafire: (again, manually copy-paste this into your browser. MF blocks referrals from ULMF)
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2wq6u2cntu1otz6/OPTIONAL_-_Ishtar_City_Labels%2C_Hobo_Std_font.zip

------------------

(Intro from original post):
Heya guys - SFrame/LT here. It's been recently brought to my attention that there's a Translations subforum here. Although I usually just post on my translations blog, I'm aware that some prefer not to have to navigate off-site to check for updates and releases. I have been updating one of my original release posts in the Lilitales thread since its conception (4-5 months prior to this post). But like all non-OP posts, I know that it will get buried in time (and posts); so I decided to migrate that post's links here for easier access. I will be updating this post from now on for future releases; that old post (having reached its 10th update) will be allowed to rest in peace.

For those unaware of the project, this is an ongoing translation project of 's latest game, Lilitales (-リリテイルズ-, ) that begun in August 2015. The project aims to fully translate the game to English, and is currently being translated and maintained by SFrame/Lazy Translator (the dude typing this).

You can find all releases and changelogs on the translation blog.
For those that want to check on the translation's progress every now and then between releases, there's a "Progress and Updates" section at the top of the side-bar on the translation blog.

------------------

Debugging:
Report bugs in the bug report section on my blog (to avoid cluttering this thread if possible):
(For those allergic to spoilers, please view with caution; this section is also the changelog section)

Popular "Bug":
For those seeing funny boxes or odd characters other than Japanese or English, that's not a bug, so please don't report it. This is because you're not running Windows in Japanese system locale. You can change your system locale thusly:

(pictoral instructions - )

Fear not - this only changes what characters/letters the computer has in its encoding arsenal. This does not change what language your computer will be displaying; it only changes what languages it can interpret, and it's a reversible process in can you don't feel comfortable with it (though I personally always run my computer in Japanese system locale; all normal English games run fine (Skyrim, Fallout 4, Mass Effect, etc.).

------------------

Credits:
(Snipped/Copied from the "Translation Instructions and Credits.txt", updated 11/19/2016)
Code:
================================================================
=================Lilitales Translation Credits==================
================================================================

:: SFrame (Lazy Translator) ::
- (Active)
- Dialogue/Skill/Map/General Translator, the person typing this:
- SFrame (Lazy Translator)
- https://lazytranslations.wordpress.com/
- http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/member.php?u=16290

:: Murazor ::
- (Dormant)
- Secondary Dialogue Translator, (active from v0.418c - v0.575b-app)
- http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/member.php?u=72

:: T4ke ::
- (Finished)
- Interface/Menu/Equipment translator
- http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/member.php?u=502

:: Zerrest ::
- (Dormant)
- Dialogue Editor and Bug Hunter
- http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/member.php?u=38846

:: kR1pt0n1t3 ::
- (Dormant)
- Enemy Combat Names translator
- http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/member.php?u=24717

==================[~~ Special Thank You's ~~]===================

----------------(どうもありがとうございました!!)----------------

- For the bringing us his awesome game,
- Tunnel#73 (73号坑道)
- http://tunnel73.x.fc2.com/

- For birthing the word-wrapped exe,
- SomeLoliCatgirl
- http://www.hongfire.com/forum/member.php/551874-SomeLoliCatgirl

If you have questions or objections, feel free to comment on the blog under the respective/latest release post. I check the blog regularly, with higher priority than ULMF. But of course, I will try to address anything posted here as well, now that the translations has its dedicated thread.

Soredewa, I'll be taking my leave.

Last edited:

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Lilitales -リリテイルズ- (English Translation)

I'll be lurking there, patiently waiting for the full game to be translated ^^

Indivi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks a lot for doing this. I've been long interested in the game's mechanics, and the art is great, but it's an uphill battle for me to try and play this in Japanese.

Cracklemere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Holy Crap. Been a longtime lurker around here and recently started getting involved in the community to track down translations to add to my archive. This dedicated 'Translations' is a freaking fantastic idea.

Also, this game looks amazing. How much of it is currently translated?

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

How much of it is currently translated?
The translation version number is a rough estimate of the translation's progress as a percentage, where "v.1.00" would indicate that the translation is complete.

So for the latest version, "0.418" would mean that the translation is at about ~=41.8%.

However, the number only indicates how much content has been adapted from Japanese to English; it does not necessarily account for stability or "proofreaded-ness", such as bugs, typos, grammatical errors, or crashes. Any version number suffixed with a letter, such as the "c" in "v0.418c", indicates that the version has been modified to account for and amend these aspects. Even though I never released the v0.418 build, which makes the "b" in "v0.418b" irrelevant for most who download the released translations, I still adhere to suffixing version numbers to indicate improvement in stability and/or aesthetics of the translation, as it's something that I find very helpful for my own purposes of keeping track of bug fixes (in case I need to revisit improperly fixed bugs). :)

TL;DR: In other words, "v1.00" would mean a complete translation of Japanese to English (or at least what could be translated to my ability), but it might still have errors and bugs. "v1.00a" would aim to fix those errors/bugs. "v1.00b" would aim to fix more errors or bugs - and so on.

Last edited:
OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Spoiler'ed out, no longer worth the thread length space, but keeping it for records.

News: Some of my MEGA links have been taken down for "Claim of Alleged Infringement". :/
EDIT, 01/21/2016: MEGA has graciously replied to me; apparently however filed the claim did it through Unidam Inc. and Eisys Inc... they're basically just companies that help take down links. I've still no clear sign whether it's the CP holder or not, but I'll being pushing on cautiously.

(Specifically the v0.134, v0.418b and optional font patches.)

Apparently either Tunnel73 or somebody else doesn't like what I'm doing here; sadly my instincts say that it's the author (probably another xenophobic case) - which is a grave shame because I really liked him. I've never directly contacted him, and I don't intend to about this issue at the moment in fear of direct confrontation (if he says "no, I demand that you cease all translations", then these translations are pretty much screwed).

Five months ago, I committed myself to making a complete translation of Lilitales as a dedicated expression of gratitude to Tunnel73 for his wonderful game. It was really a unique doujin game from my perspective - it was created by a great artist with both proficient programming skills and writing skills. I had innocently hoped that, perhaps, in a year or two, if the translations were acceptable, he could use them to release his game on the English Dlsite for some more funds (anything to show support). From what I can draw from this new turn of events, sadly it doesn't seem likely that it'll turn out that way. I don't have much of a driving force for continuing these translations if the author dislikes what I'm doing but instead despises it - as he was pretty much the whole point...

But I know that a few of you here were really looking forward to a complete translation, some still waiting for it to be complete before playing it. I think I've been pretty lucky as a newbie translator to have gotten to this point without any hate comments on this blog. So: for you guys; for the sake of keeping the situation and stance ambiguously neutral - I'm going to act like it's just a random anon hater; I'll continue to translate until I receive a direct message from him (e.g. a comment here or on the blog). If it does come down to that, I'll personally message him to verify that it's really him (not an impersonator) and that he sincerely wants me to cease operations.

If that time never comes, but/yet/and/or the links get removed at an ever-increasing rate, I'll either:
a) Resort to alternate file hosts like dropbox and/or depositfiles.
-or-
b) Confine all link sharing to a per-PM-only basis here on ULMF.
-or-
c) Cease the monthly releases, wait until I reach v1.00 or higher, and just torrent the final version.

If he does directly message me however and I find that he cannot be reasoned with...
Well, then I'm screwed /(x.x)\. In which case, I'll either have to:
a) Respect his wishes
-or-
b) Become an outlaw and wage a link-spamming war against him (which I'd really rather not do, pissing off the guy I'm trying to thank like The Adoring Fan; also trying to turn over a new leaf here)...

Otherwise, if this is just a one-time or relatively rare occurrence that allows for the links to live for at least about a month, everything will go on as planned.

The v0.418c and all the Mediafire links are still up as of the time of this post, but this is already hinting at something disheartening. I pray that this incident is just a random hater (I can handle haters; I eat haters for a living).

==================

If any of you guys want to help improve the chances of these translations, I'd be very grateful if one/some of you could email him and inquire about his stance on these translations.
His email is found on his , but it's really just this:
[email protected]

Q: Oh, but SFrame - why don't you just ask him yourself? You some kinda coward?
A: Yes, but that's not the point. To reiterate, it's because if he says "~Mou, yamette!! >.<" directly to my face and I keep translating, that's in direct violation of copyright law with no wiggle-waggle room for negotiations or excuses. If she tells me I'm not allowed to do it without a condom but I do it anyway, she can call it rape. But if one of you guys do it and he says "No" and you tell me that he said "No", I can just ignore it because I don't have to believe you. :p

It goes the other way around too, but that also goes in the translation's favor regardless - as long as I don't get a direct No-no from him.

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well that's sad. I wouldn't blame the author, though it might be as you say.
Nevertheless, hope you keep up the translation till the end, loved this game as well, and it really deserves a translation.

Spiere

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

News: Some of my MEGA links have been taken down for "Claim of Alleged Infringement". :/
EDIT, 01/21/2016: MEGA has graciously replied to me; apparently however filed the claim did it through Unidam Inc. and Eisys Inc... they're basically just companies that help take down links. I've still no clear sign whether it's the CP holder or not, but I'll being pushing on cautiously.

(Specifically the v0.134, v0.418b and optional font patches.)

Apparently either Tunnel73 or somebody else doesn't like what I'm doing here; sadly my instincts say that it's the author (probably another xenophobic case) - which is a grave shame because I really liked him. I've never directly contacted him, and I don't intend to about this issue at the moment in fear of direct confrontation (if he says "no, I demand that you cease all translations", then these translations are pretty much screwed).

Five months ago, I committed myself to making a complete translation of Lilitales as a dedicated expression of gratitude to Tunnel73 for his wonderful game. It was really a unique doujin game from my perspective - it was created by a great artist with both proficient programming skills and writing skills. I had innocently hoped that, perhaps, in a year or two, if the translations were acceptable, he could use them to release his game on the English Dlsite for some more funds (anything to show support). From what I can draw from this new turn of events, sadly it doesn't seem likely that it'll turn out that way. I don't have much of a driving force for continuing these translations if the author dislikes what I'm doing but instead despises it - as he was pretty much the whole point...

But I know that a few of you here were really looking forward to a complete translation, some still waiting for it to be complete before playing it. I think I've been pretty lucky as a newbie translator to have gotten to this point without any hate comments on this blog. So: for you guys; for the sake of keeping the situation and stance ambiguously neutral - I'm going to act like it's just a random anon hater; I'll continue to translate until I receive a direct message from him (e.g. a comment here or on the blog). If it does come down to that, I'll personally message him to verify that it's really him (not an impersonator) and that he sincerely wants me to cease operations.

If that time never comes, but/yet/and/or the links get removed at an ever-increasing rate, I'll either:
a) Resort to alternate file hosts like dropbox and/or depositfiles.
-or-
b) Confine all link sharing to a per-PM-only basis here on ULMF.
-or-
c) Cease the monthly releases, wait until I reach v1.00 or higher, and just torrent the final version.

If he does directly message me however and I find that he cannot be reasoned with...
Well, then I'm screwed /(x.x)\. In which case, I'll either have to:
a) Respect his wishes
-or-
b) Become an outlaw and wage a link-spamming war against him (which I'd really rather not do, pissing off the guy I'm trying to thank like The Adoring Fan; also trying to turn over a new leaf here)...

Otherwise, if this is just a one-time or relatively rare occurrence that allows for the links to live for at least about a month, everything will go on as planned.

The v0.418c and all the Mediafire links are still up as of the time of this post, but this is already hinting at something disheartening. I pray that this incident is just a random hater (I can handle haters; I eat haters for a living).

==================

If any of you guys want to help improve the chances of these translations, I'd be very grateful if one/some of you could email him and inquire about his stance on these translations.
His email is found on his , but it's really just this:
[email protected]

Q: Oh, but SFrame - why don't you just ask him yourself? You some kinda coward?
A: Yes, but that's not the point. To reiterate, it's because if he says "~Mou, yamette!! >.<" directly to my face and I keep translating, that's in direct violation of copyright law with no wiggle-waggle room for negotiations or excuses. If she tells me I'm not allowed to do it without a condom but I do it anyway, she can call it rape. But if one of you guys do it and he says "No" and you tell me that he said "No", I can just ignore it because I don't have to believe you. :p

It goes the other way around too, but that also goes in the translation's favor regardless - as long as I don't get a direct No-no from him.
Will you keep us up to date? Like if he sends a message telling you to stop all things and whatnot, will you let the community know about that as well? I like being in the loop about whats going on

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Will you keep us up to date? Like if he sends a message telling you to stop all things and whatnot, will you let the community know about that as well? I like being in the loop about whats going on
Of course - if I get a cease and desist or DMCA or anything of that sort, I'll make a post here in this thread and on the blog. It's just the blog's Progress and Updates section will be updated significantly less and the releases will be spaced apart more (can't state the frequency; sorry). But feel free to PM me if you find that the occasional update doesn't suffice. ;)

Last edited:

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [RJ137150] Lilitales -リリテイルズ- (English Translation)

Been patiently waiting for this to have a translation for months.
By the time I found out about someone recently translating this ( just actually 30 minutes earlier ) I got so excited.

But whatever choice you made is a choice we most lurkers will accept, Thank you for the effort.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I've read the thread but I can't really see what I'm looking for...
How much if the game is currently translated?
I might give it a go if it's a good bit, but if it's just a few scenes then I guess I'll hold off.
Also reading about the trouble you're having really sucks, hat you're doing helps the creator because it means people like me are more likely to buy the game if I can play it in English. I hope for the best for this and for you, keep up the great work.

OP
SFrame

SFrame

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've read the thread but I can't really see what I'm looking for...
How much if the game is currently translated?
I might give it a go if it's a good bit, but if it's just a few scenes then I guess I'll hold off.
Also reading about the trouble you're having really sucks, hat you're doing helps the creator because it means people like me are more likely to buy the game if I can play it in English. I hope for the best for this and for you, keep up the great work.
Well, I did state the percentage above for the December 2015 release: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=775417

There's also a full progress log on the right side of the translation blog, but I get the feeling you won't want to read that. <x)

For a quick TL;DR for you, there should be quite a few translated scenes to fap to, if that's what you're worried about - roughly half the H scenes have been translated; most of which you'll encounter in the first half of the game, with some exceptions).

Last edited:

rizo

Reputation score

Ahh shit didn't see that, my bad sorry.
No it's not to fap to I'm here for the story :rolleyes: lol
Thanks for the reply, I tried playing it but got an error after it shows the map for the first time...

Can you help me with this...?

Last edited:

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ahh shit didn't see that, my bad sorry.
No it's not to fap to I'm here for the story :rolleyes: lol
Thanks for the reply, I tried playing it but got an error after it shows the map for the first time...

Can you help me with this...?
The first thing I would suggest trying is re-extracting the base game and testing if it works without the translation. If that works, then try reinstalling the translation and checking if it still works.

rizo

Reputation score

IT still appears to have the same issue with the original game. I think I'll try restarting the pc in jap locale and try extracting it then. Normally that fixes it for me. :)

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

IT still appears to have the same issue with the original game. I think I'll try restarting the pc in jap locale and try extracting it then. Normally that fixes it for me. :)
Yes, you ALWAYS have to extract japanese files in jap locale. If you don't, the extracting program can't read the file names and basically scrambles them.

rizo

Reputation score

Is there any way to do this without having to restart the pc? Gets annoying having to restart every time I want to extract a jap game...

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there any way to do this without having to restart the pc? Gets annoying having to restart every time I want to extract a jap game...
Well, if you don't have anything else that requires being in US (or whatever your locale is), I don't really see a problem leaving it in jap locale all the time. Other than that, you don't really have a choice, since I haven't heard of an extracting program that can handle japanese text without being in jap locale.

Hoboy

Reputation score

I just leave my system in Jap locale all the time - it doesn't cause any problems with anything else I do in Windows...

rizo

Reputation score

Ahh okay Guess I'll just leave it in jap locale and if anything crops up I know what the problem is. Thanks for the replies.