What's new

VN/TEXT [Alice Soft] Rance 2: The rebelling maidens / Rance II - Hangyaku no Shoujo-tachi - / ランスII -反逆の少女たち-

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
That's right, got another one for you all. Credit once again to the Rance Translation Team for another english patch.

Ten years prior to the story, four young girls in the town of Custard were appointed as disciples to an old mage named Ragithis. They were to be raised as mages and work as the town's guardians after their training completed. However, after the ten years, the girls suddenly rebelled against Ragithis and killed him, and during the harsh magic battle the entire town was entombed underground and a barrier spell was put on it, preventing everyone from going out.

Cue the arrival of our bold hero, who takes on the job of stopping these girls and freeing the town. Or something. Of course, what the alicesoft wiki says and the game say don't exactly match up... as the game says 4 months ago... but y'know, whatever.

To get it working:

Unzip file.
Run patch.bat, it'll disappear after it's finished.
Run Rance02.exe.
Do not panic when the opening cutscene is in moonrunes.

For some reason, possibly due to this being the 2009 remake rather than the original, the intro is untranslated. Something about 4 rings, sorcerers apprentices, they rebelled against him etc etc.

Anyways, contains everything we expect from Rance. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Rance 2: The rebelling maidens

I LOVE RANCE!

Can't wait to play this. Was this made before or after Sengoku Rance?

akaterasu

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This remake version of Rance 2 came out after Sengoku Rance. One of multiple games of the release Alice2010
Link:

sureaboutthis

Lurker
Reputation score

Been playing the hell outta this. I highly recommend it.

It's very much an old-school rpg, which means lots of grinding and back tracking and searching every room twice. But the dialogue is funny and the characters are cute and loveable.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

Another game that can fit on a single CD. :D

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well i did every steps, downloaded the file, unziped the file, unziped the patch rar into the unziped file folder, try'd to run the patch, while the patch was runing it wrote that it dosen't find a specific file so it aborted, try'd to run the game, a svreen poped up but it was black. I have bad luck with runing these games.:D

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone else noticed the shop girl: "tomato puree" (-_-) also appears on the box art of Rance quest (Rance 8)

Ops

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

guys those that works the game do u need to have japonese set when u instal the game and play??? or those it work without and if some1 hase locale japonese would be much appreciated... thx

Ops

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

btw does it matter if i have win7???

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Judging from the directory, you need japanese unicode to play (not sure though, my standard setting are jap)

I don't think win7 will be a problem, you can always just execute the file in lower compatibility settings

Nightera

Lurker
Reputation score

anyone have other Chapters of Rance?

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I've got all of them now; I'm posting them as the english patches are completed.

Dooms88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Im getting two consecutive errors when trying to run the game. After i download the game, extract, run the batch translator, i double click the Rance02.exe and it gives me a black screen followed by 2 dialogue boxes.

One says
,i,,,ft@fC<y o z
,I"CYzEz,"s,p,U,p,1/2

the other is total craziness just like the first. Both have Sys42VM in the top margin. Help? I really wanna play this game

TheHamburglar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've played for a few minutes and encounters a bunny girl. My first thought: "Cuuute... can I rape it?"

Disappointing answer: "No, No you can't"

Still a good game. And seeing the difference in art between Rance 1 and Rance 2 is kind of epic.

Now I gotta DL Sengoku Rance and hope the other Rance games get translated.:D

OP
Incubus

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

And seeing the difference in art between Rance 1 and Rance 2 is kind of epic.
This is the 2009 remake of Rance 2. The original wasn't quite so flash ;)

TheHamburglar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Oh, I see. Still, I love the art style. Can't wait till the others are translated.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Im getting two consecutive errors when trying to run the game. After i download the game, extract, run the batch translator, i double click the Rance02.exe and it gives me a black screen followed by 2 dialogue boxes.

One says
,i,,,ft@fC<y o z
,I"CYzEz,"s,p,U,p,1/2

the other is total craziness just like the first. Both have Sys42VM in the top margin. Help? I really wanna play this game
I had the same problem, but it was solved by changeing the non japanese unicode to japanese.;)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Less walkthrough intensive than the previous game, but for those who want one, direct link is here:

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wait this is the sequel to Sengoku Rance? But-

What happened to the Demon army? I know we won, but the slave girl was still frozen in ice!! How did she get out? GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! I don't want a prequel! I want to save her! T_T