What's new

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Modding Succubus Quest

That's an issue with the dialogue interpreter. Serious headache I got over this...
In the window_message script, look for:
if c == "\555"
and replace with:
if c == "\555" and text.size == 0

I think this alone solved the issue... I might have tinkered a bit more to get this 'whole keeping' thingy working, but try this for a start.
You're a godsend! It worked straight away.

I'll post the patch in a few hours after I've finished tweaking the sex attacks and combat dialogue for the enemies you encounter up to Guruppen. I'm not as far along as I would like to be but almost all content up to that point should be in English.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: moding sucubus quest

I can't wait. So happy to know someone else is trying to translate this.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Modding Succubus Quest

You're a godsend!
Definitely not, but I appreciate the thought.

and replace with:
if c == "\555" and text.size == 0
Did a quick check... You might have an issue if more than one commuter is used in the "temp message" buffer, though I've yet to see that happen with the initial code. If this does occur, try lowering the priority of this "text splicing" branch.

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Last minute bug squashing for the intro event took away what time I had left to make changes, so the enemies in Yelbel will still have some japanese.

Here's the link ht tps megaDOTnz SLASH #!r9IRxL6C!N4S-Fs1CPDOupI9fN8XFtPKfD1MnETGsBtFPpxWzLYc

Please bear in mind this is absolutely an Alpha release. I'm translating as I play through it for the first time (so I can revisit sections and selfishly play the game without moonspeak). The dialogue isn't polished, personalities may need to be changed, floating text, grammar, spelling, syntax, fonts, etc., will need to be changed, etc.. There may be bugs that show up on your computer/game file that didn't on mine, so for the love of crepes and pudding PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES.

You may also need to set your game ini file to list RGSS103J.dll instead of the 102 that's common with XP games.

Contents include:

Artificial Academy's wonderful English move/states patch
1 Intro Event translated (5 Scripted fights, Tons of event text)
1 Town translated (4 unimportant NPCS still need to be translated)
3 "Dungeons" translated
3 Main Story quests translated
70-80% combat text translated up to Raum

It's a work in progress, but when functional translates the story up until the entry into Guruppen.

I'll be offline for a week. In that time be welcome to edit it and troubleshoot however you wish. Thanks for the interest.

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here's the link ht tps megaDOTnz SLASH #!r9IRxL6C!N4S-Fs1CPDOupI9fN8XFtPKfD1MnETGsBtFPpxWzLYc
Wish I could make it easier to find, but there it is. I tried uploading it as an attachment but no dice. Good luck, hope you all are able to run it fine.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Thinking on it... I probably need the version of the game you used for this to work. I have one with more mods and I'm not sure that'd work out...

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is just a modified version of the SQ 1 from Sukebei Double-Pack thing. I think it's the only version of SQ on there.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

This is just a modified version of the SQ 1 from Sukebei Double-Pack thing. I think it's the only version of SQ on there.
Aaah okay at least now I know what to look for, thanks.
EDIT:
I'm not quite sure how to get this to work still. I downloaded the double pack I saw on Sukebei, set up the game and then extracted it with an RPG Decrypter seeing the files in the Alpha folder... moved them over, and tried removing the game file as is usual I think, but now it won't run. And trying to run the game with it still still gives Japanese text in the intro?

EDIT2:
I JUST REALIZED IT.
I was trying to mod SQ2.
This is for SQ1.
Hurrrrrrr. I'm dumb.

EDIT3:
Got up to fighting the Succubus group but when they undressed Elvin and attacked, it got stuck on him taking 207 damage (all in Japanese) and wouldn't progress...

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Got up to fighting the Succubus group but when they undressed Elvin and attacked, it got stuck on him taking 207 damage (all in Japanese) and wouldn't progress...
It's a matter of luck. Just start a new game.

Edit: nope, it's not. Make absolutely sure your game.ini has Library=RGSS103j.dll line in it. RPGM likes editing it as it pleases.

Also, don't forget to remove the P_*** and Q_*** rxdata files from SQ root, if any present.
Initially thought problem came from critical hit (hence luck), but nope.

I confirmed this to work with CD version (which seems to be the one in mentioned torrent) and I got no critical problems at all 'till 1st forest.

for the love of crepes and pudding
As for the version chosen as a base, latest (as in, old) official sqdt patch was squd1021 (still online at sqdt.sakura.ne.jp ). You might want to add these files to the base you're working with. SQ_Patch.rb contain some scripts/bugfixes that fare better in scripts.rxdata.

@testers: use vanilla version unless you know what you're doing.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a matter of luck. Just start a new game.

I confirmed this to work with CD version (which seems to be the one in mentioned torrent) and I got no critical problems at all 'till 1st forest.
Strange you liiiiiiiiive.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Strange you liiiiiiiiive.
Errr... Overstatement? :p

Anywayz, I love my SQ1 coordonates and I had already made 90% the relevant script long ago, so...

Attached is Clay's modified scripts.rxdata;

Log + only parts of the scripts I've edited or rewrote, for reference, are:
rpg::weapon/detail
Game_actor/equip?
Game_actor/update_coordinates_autostate
Game_actor/update_coordinates

changes:
-fixed the 2 coordonates that had an issue in original SQ code
-Coordinates (armor combo -> weapon) now functional and descriptions ("A") translated while I was at it. Not proofread, nor 100% tested.
-Coordinates will auto-grab their relevant name and status goodies no matter what name you punch in. (nb: be esp. careful with states)
-Coordinates will auto-grab their adequate requirements and show them on the 1st line of description, once unlocked

1st obtainable combo is straw hat+peasant blouse. Totally not Luffy.
To be honest, don't expect me to do much more.

Piece of advice: since you've chosen the hard route bugs&crashes-wise, I recommend hunting down every single 'name.split(/\//)' instance in script and common events. If anything goes kapoof, there's a 90% chance it's a 'name.split(/\//)' laughing in the dark.
Gotta catch 'em all! Good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for the feedback. It's disappointing but not surprising that there would be issues, though I'm particularly annoyed that it stopped working during the intro fight. I have an idea of what may have caused it.

Now that I'm back I'll begin incorporating all of Strange's excellent work and continue translating some spots. Because my game is based off of a vanilla copy and it can be a bear to sync versions, I'll post the whole damn game directory as an optional download to just the data files. It's likely to bring up other issues to solve, but the game's resistance to my efforts only makes my resolve harder.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It dawned upon me that SQ did not originally have neither external battlers sprites support, nor _C (crisis-specific) sprite support.
Since I'm unhappy with that, I'll try and come up with something this w-e, no promise.

That would mean:
- being able to ditch the \graphics folder from the RGGSAD
- being be able customize the battlers sprites
- benefiting from a fraction of sqdev guys' awesome work (pics! uncensor!)

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Modding Succubus Quest

I spent a bit of time this weekend finishing up the attack descriptions and some of the basic battle dialogue for the critters up until Raum. It's going to need further polish, formatting, etc., but the foundation has been established. I may have also gotten carried away with some of the attacks..

You can download the whole alpha folder here: h++ps mega.nz/#!rhQ0SIyJ!b1t4szSnxAMV2vhnS0CWaXRArmHvHobU_KdDIJ7ushw

Please backup your saves/folders/etc, as this may just introduce other bugs that need to be squished or may just plain not work. Let me know if it works, if it just crashes, any errors, etc..

Strange, thank you very much for your insight and help. I did indeed have the SQ_Patch and SQ_Temp, but none of the other P_files - Things seem to be running fine so far, strangely.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Got through the tutorial this time without any issues, huzzah! Playing SQ2 first is a bit strange since I think Est was in that also... and it also makes me see that in SQ1, if Lars cums he loses straight up, unlike Ayxect hahaha.

Still, enjoying it. Going to play more when I have the chance, I know I've stumbled into the odd bit of untranslated dialogue here and there, the first most noticable I saw was when talking to the guy in the bar who tells you about the Forest, he speaks in Japanese for a bit.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

if Lars cums he loses straight up
Not quite so, you'll see when you level up :b He does become quite weak, though :eek:
I might add the bukkake sprite support to SQ1 when/if I finally refine my messy SQ2 script (wrong "plop" timing and stuff)
edit: I'll incorporate the prim and proper all-purpose code sqdev's awesome guys made. Need to triple-check what lines I need to/mustn't add so I don't break vanilla.

Here's an SQ_Patch.rb with:
- sqdt's 1.021 patch scripts (bugfixes and battle messages speed, for the most part)
-my coordonates mod thingy. Now you'll see English descriptions even on base SQ. Yey!
- Support for external files, like SQ2. I punched back crisis (HP critical) sprites support in the game, should you have the relevant files in your graphics/battlers folder.
I've added support for _C and __C files alike, since somehow sqdev had a bit of a confusion over the extensions back then.

Copy and paste SQ_Patch.rb into SQ directory. That's all there is to it. Backup your own, I didn't have time for proper testing.

Edit:
:eek: For Stella's sake... Found out I actually had a 4th (5th now with Clay's) SQ version, which was my "storage" one...

So here's my mumbo-Jumbo Graphics/battlers folder from SQ1. (2941 pics + txt warning your to backup ur files... Especially for Est)
Pass is sq.
WARNING: 70-80% of the files are NOT used in vanilla. Backup your old folder.
It's almost all just eye candy at this point. Oh, did I mention you had to backup your folder?
Hell, they even had a much more refined code than the one I've just made... :( <rant grumble rant rant>

Attachments

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Not quite so, you'll see when you level up :b He does become quite weak, though :eek:
I might add the bukkake sprite support to SQ1 when/if I finally refine my messy SQ2 script (wrong "plop" timing and stuff)
edit: I'll incorporate the prim and proper all-purpose code sqdev's awesome guys made. Need to triple-check what lines I need to/mustn't add so I don't break vanilla.
Oh maybe it changes later on then or something, I only had a bit of time before work. I kind of wish the cumming dialogue got translated in SQ2 so I knew what was being said... I wonder if SQ1 has any post-orgasm dialogue or not. Guess I should play more!

Now if there was only a Larko mod. That doesn't sound that good, does it?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cool, won't have to double-post!

Fix for LoN picture Book (and possibly Sitri, haven't checked) showing enemies it's not supposed to. Sorry, Guildy. Careful with element & states names (among others).

Copy/overwrite new & improved SQ_patch.rb in SQ dir, folks. (or edit scripts.rxdata accordingly :cool:)

Now if there was only a Larko mod. That doesn't sound that good, does it?
Larko?:confused: I humbly admit my ignorance in Larko, velcro or narco thingies.

Attachments

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Cool, won't have to double-post!

Fix for LoN picture Book (and possibly Sitri, haven't checked) showing enemies it's not supposed to. Sorry, Guildy. Careful with element & states names (among others).

Copy/overwrite new & improved SQ_patch.rb in SQ dir, folks. (or edit scripts.rxdata accordingly :cool:)

Larko?:confused: I humbly admit my ignorance in Larko, velcro or narco thingies.
I guess it'd be Larsko technically... but you know, like Ayexctko? A female version, ahahahaha.
But I guess as this isn't a dream, it wouldn't really work and it'd make the story pretty strange suddenly...

Any plans to go back to SQ2 by the way Strange?

EDIT:
Man that fight in the Ruins is actually tough. Interestingly you can still lose it though.
Kind of a shame there's no post-orgasm dialogue in SQ1 though. You just get a fade to black, kind of miss the dialogue from SQ2 there...

Last edited:

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Modding Succubus Quest

I'm very glad to hear that it's working smoothly. I had left the bit of text in the tavern untranslated because what he was trying to say was unclear - it will be corrected and reworded in the next patch. There should also be limited defeat dialogue after you lose in battle - not a full scene, just a line or two of text. If that's not showing up then it may be the next bug to look into.

My next push is going to be translating the maps and story, with the goal of having most of the town, dungeon, and story translated within 2 weeks.

The missing P_files have me a little worried, but they're looking troublesome to move over. Hopefully leaving them out won't lead to any game breaking bugs - we'll see!

Strange, thanks for making all of those files available. Having MOB pictures change depending on their status really spices it up.

Next patch/post will be this weekend unless something comes up/game breaking bugs are found/etc.