Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Ikusa Megami Zero

Wow this game is awful. Why did anyone bother translating it.

1. No tutorial
2. Battles are ridiculous first battle game over! WTF?

Have they never heard of progressing from easy to hard? The enemy kills you 18x over with a single hit.. yet damage from our party is not even an 18th of that! WTF?

This has to the WORST Eushully game I have ever played.
Heh, you need to select Normal, Special Edition is the NG+, much like Valkyrie Profile, where there are a lot of big bosses that are really hard and join you after the fight.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Can anyone tell me what to do after you've beaten the three missions the church gives you? I've done zombie forest, murder mystery fort and magic ritual forest, went back to the church to give them all updates and now there's nobody else to speak to.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can anyone tell me what to do after you've beaten the three missions the church gives you? I've done zombie forest, murder mystery fort and magic ritual forest, went back to the church to give them all updates and now there's nobody else to speak to.
You should really get in a habit of visiting all towns every time you do something. You need to visit the ruins (where the water dragon is), there will be events there and also at the little town where Satia lives. You need to have your first H-Scene with her in order to progress, since it's critical to the story.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Cool, thanks. Forgot that that place wasn't a dungeon anymore.

sonata-s

Sex Demon
Reputation score

New question, is there no way to cure curse when you don't have access to Macl Town?

Edit: Nevermind, finally figured it out. In case anybody else falls into that trap and ends up spending two chapters cursed: Buy the Splint Art Scroll from the shop.

Last edited:
OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

New question, is there no way to cure curse when you don't have access to Macl Town?

Edit: Nevermind, finally figured it out. In case anybody else falls into that trap and ends up spending two chapters cursed: Buy the Splint Art Scroll from the shop.
First time you find the cursed item (Miasma Cloak), there should have been 3x anti curse item also.

rea_jak

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does the game get better after the prologue? I found the start to be so incredibly boring that i haven't picked it back up after going through it

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does the game get better after the prologue? I found the start to be so incredibly boring that i haven't picked it back up after going through it
It does, a LOT. Especially after Celica gets his (second) power up.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It does, a LOT. Especially after Celica gets his (second) power up.
Actually, you gotta define better. From start to finish I used Only Celica and 2 skills (AoE and Single), that was it, everything died in a single blow, other than the stuff that didn't because they had more than 100k HP.

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Actually, you gotta define better. From start to finish I used Only Celica and 2 skills (AoE and Single), that was it, everything died in a single blow, other than the stuff that didn't because they had more than 100k HP.
After Celica becomes the godslayer redheaded hero you get to see for the remainder of the saga.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly? No. The combat remains completely and utterly trivial, there's little more to this game than walking around mazes and hitting the "auto" button.

The story doesn't fare much better, Celica goes from losing his mind to losing his memory to losing his will to carry on to once again losing his memory in what is perhaps one of the worst protagonists I've ever seen. The characters and events you care about all end up pointless because the story has several decades of timeskips and at the end I found myself wondering what the point of it all even was, dude apparently still wants to revive his GF despite at that point in time just accepting he lived far longer than any man should and accepting his death is far more sensible.

I'm sure the barely serviceable translation (a lot of the bad ends and optional dialogue isn't even translated) doesn't help, but it's exceedingly difficult to care for a protagonists plight when it's 170 years outdated, go through a second "I don't remember what the fuck" where the protagonist repeats things the third time over.

Really makes me wonder how much better the sequels would need to be for this series to deserve all the praise it gets.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I feel like I missed a Hscene (First page, first line, the second one). I started the 3rd chapter? Am i right?

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I feel like I missed a Hscene (First page, first line, the second one). I started the 3rd chapter? Am i right?
I don't have the game installed, but the only H-Scene in Chapter 1 that can be missed is the one in the Fort, there are 2 of them, one if you go and save the slave girls first before going to the boss and another if you don't. There aren't any that can be missed in Chapter 2.

Keyen

Reputation score

I don't have the game installed, but the only H-Scene in Chapter 1 that can be missed is the one in the Fort, there are 2 of them, one if you go and save the slave girls first before going to the boss and another if you don't. There aren't any that can be missed in Chapter 2.
Must be that, thanks. I wasn't able to go inside the fort, the location disapeared.

Edit: Found. Thanks. Fortunatly, i had a savegame near.

Last edited:

Keyen

Reputation score

Double post for bumping. I don't get what i'm supposed to do with the weapon shrine or something (like the spear one in the ghost forest, the claw one in the dragon mountain, etc). I'm in the middle of chapter 5, it's just for latter, or i missed something?

edit: Alright, thanks.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You need multiple (all?) weapons of that type, so you can unlock the spear shrine if you have a bunch of other different kinds of spears.

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You need multiple (all?) weapons of that type, so you can unlock the spear shrine if you have a bunch of other different kinds of spears.
Yep, and it's not even worth it, unless you are doing it for completion sake. In the New Game+, you will have access to stuff much better than that.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are there multiple routes at all or do the same people always die?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some minor variations exist but it's only one route, most optional content is in summons and h scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.