What's new

[WIP - Partial] [RJ171244] 女魔王メリッサのHな冒険記~精液を集めるエロ魔王~

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [RJ171244] 女魔王メリッサのHな冒険記~精液を集めるエロ魔王~

Any objections to me taking the same route as several others and translating the "Demon Lord" (aka Beelzebub) into Maou?
(TN note: k̶e̶i̶k̶a̶k̶u̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶ Maou means Demon King)

Okay, sort of kidding, but strictly speaking, leaving is as Maou is transliteration, not translation.

Which could work because titles like Demon Overlord/Demon Queen can be a mouthful sometimes. People who are not familiar with the word might not get it though, and it can be somewhat jarring in a fantasy European setting.

魔王 can be a somewhat tricky word to translate. Historically it was one of the possible Japanese translations of the various terms used for the Judeo-Christian primary adversary of God, which is why JP/EN dictionaries sometimes back-translate 魔王 as "the Devil", "Satan", "Beelzebub", "Prince of Darkness" or one of his many names.

Then Japanese RPGs like Dragon Quest and the game it inspired started using 魔王 as the generic Evil Overlord of monsters which the hero must defeat to free the land/save the world/save the girl/some such shit. Here, the term is usually translated as some variation of Demon (or Devil) King, Demon Lord, or Demon Overlord. "Satan" and "Beelzebub" would be highly inappropriate as they are names referring to a specific individual.

This has become so cemented in Japanese culture such that 魔王 still retains this similar meaning in most modern Japanese fiction; that is, some sort of Overlord of Monsters or Demons that is the enemy of Humans, and is the designated foe whom the Hero must defeat (see for plenty of examples). Recent works (including this one) tend to portray the monsters or demons somewhat sympathetically though. Most of the time they're no longer inherently evil but are another humanoid (or bestial) race(s) trying to eke out living in the world. Likewise for their 魔王.

(Melissa's father was the classic Evil Overlord though. To the point that Melissa was glad he got killed by the Hero[ine].)

Usually in these works the true villains are whichever passes for the religious authority among the humans, with demons getting a bad rap in their version of scripture. And of course, oftentimes the demons aren't entirely innocent either, with bloodthirsty jingoists among them who want nothing better but to Kill All Humans (and starting a coup against the Demon Lord if he's the pacifistic sort who won't go along with them). Examples of these kinds of portrayals can be seen in Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Hataraku Maou-sama, and the Disgaea series. Disgaea in particular consistently translate 魔王 as Demon Overlord or just Overlord for short.

In some works of fiction, 魔王 is also used as a title for a human (or some humanoid that isn't explicitly a demon or devil) ruler with magical powers (because 魔 can also mean magic). Some sort of Mage King or Sorcerous Overlord, so as to speak. The bearer of the title is usually implied to be a tyrant of some sort, because of the negative connotations of the word. An example can be found in the Japanese translations of Lord of the Rings -- 魔王 was used to translate the title of the Witch-King of Angmar.

The final choice on how to transliterate or translate 魔王 is still yours though -- you're the one who's doing the translation after all. I'm just info-dumping here so you can make a more informed choice.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

O.O

Wow, I wouldn't have guessed it had such a rich history.

I'm going to stick with Maou because writing "The Demon Lord" or "The Demon Queen" doesn't really fit when I'm translating. Maou is shorter too, which is a plus.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Phew, alright, I've got the intro done, minus the sex scenes because those are always nightmares to translate, what with the slurred words and sound effects. Where should I put it?

OP
T4ke

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score

Phew, alright, I've got the intro done, minus the sex scenes because those are always nightmares to translate, what with the slurred words and sound effects. Where should I put it?
Nice, upload it somewhere. I gonna update everthing to the lates version later on today.

Edit: Updated to Tranlsation Pack_0.4 and v. 1.03

Last edited:

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here it is:

It is very rough so
A) Suggestions are encouraged
and
B) There were some sentences I just couldn't figure out.

Also, I'm coming to an annoying point: dialogue with NPCs. There seems to be cases for alternate dialogues, changing depending on what they are wearing and perhaps what level of corruption they are at. If anyone can figure out which cases produce different dialogues, or better yet, record the dialogue and the circumstances it happens in, I'd be very grateful. In the meantime, I'll do what I can.

Last edited:
OP
T4ke

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score

Thx gonna merge it tomorrow with the new pack.
Oh and please post the name of the source files for your translations so that I can merge them into the right files ;).

Also, I'm coming to an annoying point: dialogue with NPCs. There seems to be cases for alternate dialogues, changing depending on what they are wearing and perhaps what level of corruption they are at. If anyone can figure out which cases produce different dialogues, or better yet, record the dialogue and the circumstances it happens in, I'd be very grateful. In the meantime, I'll do what I can.
You can find this part of their Dialogue in the User Database. The entry should be at the ID 30:NPC.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Technical stuff... yeah... about that...

I'm not really good with this kind of stuff. So if you want me to be able to include the source files, you are going to have to walk me through it.

Last edited:
OP
T4ke

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score

Technical stuff... yeah... about that...

I'm not really good with this kind of stuff. So if you want me to be able to include the source files, you are going to have to walk me through it.

Also, if you could tell me what the column to the left of the dialogue says, that would be extra helpful. I'm pretty sure those are what causes the variations in dialogue but I'm not sure which ones pertain to which states.
I just need the name of the file that has the intro text in it. It should be one of the text files in Evtext.

And if you have trouble with the dialogue variations, double click on the Type ID "30:NPC" and copy/paste the strings into a translator.

Here are the strings for reference:

Page1:
★会話/裸/キャラ1
魔王服/メリッサ
ブルマ/メリッサ
アイドル魔法少女/メリッサ
亀甲縛り/メリッサ
触手服/メリッサ
★精液付着/キャラ1
ボテ腹/メリッサ
淫乱/メリッサ
★会話/裸/キャラ2
メイド服/マリナ
セーラー服/マリナ
チアガール/マリナ
危ない水着/マリナ
スライム服/マリナ
精液/マリナ
ボテ腹/マリナ
淫乱/マリナ

Page2:
会話/裸/ルフィア
勇者服/ルフィア
スク水/ルフィア
踊り子/ルフィア
淫乱シスター/ルフィア
機械服/ルフィア
精液/ルフィア
ボテ腹/ルフィア
淫乱/ルフィア
以下予備

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would love to tell you which file it is but I can't because I've been poking around the different menus and haven't found anything that would fit the bill. The blue button one (the toolbar) seems to call them but it doesn't actually have them.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

error XD work not.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Say, did this get abandoned or something?
I've let this game on my wait list for months since I wanted to wait for the completed partial, but >.<

OP
T4ke

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score

Say, did this get abandoned or something?
I've let this game on my wait list for months since I wanted to wait for the completed partial, but >.<
Feel free to take over buddy . Still working on my Thesis, gonna take a while till I can come back to this.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Feel free to take over buddy . Still working on my Thesis, gonna take a while till I can come back to this.
No, I mean to play it, already working on something else >.<
Well, if you eventually plan on completing it, I can postpone playing it for a few more months~~

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is such a good game, it would be awesome if someone continued translating it.

Roanoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there any chance this could be updated to work with v2.01 from December? (Latest version)

If not, how difficult would it be for me to do it myself with a little explanation on how to do so?

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I updated the translation for v2.01

Note that I did a lot of regex hacks so things might be broken. I haven't tested too much.
NPC Names are currently cut from this version since they are a pain to update.
I also have no idea what other things might be missing.

Last edited:

Drix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Updated the translation to v0.6.
Fixed some of the quest issues and add the NPC names back.

All titles and quests are machine translated with google, the quality is garbage as its not edited whatsoever but it should at least give you hints on what to do.
Again I haven't tested it much. It might explode!
Also kudos to T4ke, without the guide I wouldn't know what to do.

Last edited:

esco

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for your work.

redvision

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't know why it was taken down.

Put the link in a text attachment.
edit- Disregard im an idiot and was making this much more complicated then it had to be.

Last edited: