What's new

xan-Z

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

Maybe we could do a compilation of ''Hermione Trainer'' games.

As long as i know there are:

A) Mods based on Akabur Games:

1. Silver mod (v.1.6)
2. Russian mod (v.1.5.2)

B) New ideas:

1. Innocent witches (SadCrab)
2. AKABUR MOMCEST
3. Witch Trainer 4 houses (????) This project it's new to me so i don't know.

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Maybe we could do a compilation of ''Hermione Trainer'' games.

As long as i know there are:

A) Mods based on Akabur Games:

1. Silver mod (v.1.6)
2. Russian mod (v.1.5.2)

B) New ideas:

1. Innocent witches (SadCrab)
2. AKABUR MOMCEST
3. Witch Trainer 4 houses (????) This project it's new to me so i don't know.
Its been a month (maybe more) since I've tried that silver edition so stuff might have changed, but I remember it as being a bit of a mess with extra content which was connected to the rest of the game (felt very immersion breaking).

Russian mod is the same as Innocent Witches since IW will contain their old mod updated to 1.6 afaik, naturally along with IW which seems to be pretty much all their own work (except it's first demo/beta/alpha will still feature some akabur art afaik). IW does look effing great judging from the pictures they've shown, so good that I've installed a russian translator pluging to chrome to scour the russian part of their forum hoping for a playable version :p

Momcest is opensource now from what I know, but hasnt seen work in months from what I can tell on the github. And the playable demo only has 2 events working, but it had promise for us who like that style. :(

Havent heard about the last project you mentioned though, is there anything to check out at all ? website, demo, anything ? :)

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its been a month (maybe more) since I've tried that silver edition so stuff might have changed, but I remember it as being a bit of a mess with extra content which was connected to the rest of the game (felt very immersion breaking).

Russian mod is the same as Innocent Witches since IW will contain their old mod updated to 1.6 afaik, naturally along with IW which seems to be pretty much all their own work (except it's first demo/beta/alpha will still feature some akabur art afaik). IW does look effing great judging from the pictures they've shown, so good that I've installed a russian translator pluging to chrome to scour the russian part of their forum hoping for a playable version :p

Momcest is opensource now from what I know, but hasnt seen work in months from what I can tell on the github. And the playable demo only has 2 events working, but it had promise for us who like that style. :(

Havent heard about the last project you mentioned though, is there anything to check out at all ? website, demo, anything ? :)
Bunch of "Well known's" over at 4chan have started making a game that's supposed to be WT but with 4 girls. But we haven't heard of seen anything bout the game so whatever. Just pray that IW won't be delayed for a year like all the other games..

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Bunch of "Well known's" over at 4chan have started making a game that's supposed to be WT but with 4 girls. But we haven't heard of seen anything bout the game so whatever. Just pray that IW won't be delayed for a year like all the other games..
Ahh I sense that it'll proberly take a long time before we see anything of the 4 girls WT mod, it'll proberly go the way of momcest sadly (if it even gets that far).

In regards to IW I dont for sure know what to think about their timeframe since Im fairly sure that 1.5.2 version of their WT edition got released in february, so while I understand that sometime between then and now they switched focus to IW it also kinda means that the 1.6 mod version gets delayed due to IW being worked on.

By now Im so hungry for a game of this style I'd love to see 1.6 just released standalone, and then some time later get something playable for IW. :)

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

About "Witch Trainer 4 houses" version, are the (cute) characters in related to the game?

xan-Z

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry, i don't have any info. :(

The only info that we have at this moment about this game it's the idea from 4Chan like @Imlerith sayed.

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The 4 Houses idea has been kicking around for ages with a lot of crossover to other WT projects. When 4-chan was excited, then crushed over WT Bronze (I think it was Bronze), 4 Houses was supposedly in parallel development, and one incorporating the other seemed to be a possibility.

I'm pretty sure the image of Cho Chang, Susan Bones, Hermione, Narcissa Malfoy, and the younger Greengrass girl was done by someone working on 4 Houses.

If the idea never really died, or is being revived, they might be closer to a release than you think. I doubt it, though. If history and Silver (upgraded Bronze) are any indication, they're either not far beyond the spit-balling phase, or the team is either missing one or more key skills or one departure will kill it off.

steve88luv334

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You know I think something awesome is happening with the sad crab patreon page, it looks like people may be possibly switching from pledging to Akabur to sad crab.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know I think something awesome is happening with the sad crab patreon page, it looks like people may be possibly switching from pledging to Akabur to sad crab.
I just hope that sad crab actually delivers...

loststumbling

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

^ Lol Breeding Season and its 33k/month .......
That is insane. How on earth are they making that much money? I'm relatively new to these games and with all due respect to the makers - I'm sure they are vastly more talented than I could ever hope of becoming, but this one doesn't seem that 'special' compared to other games out there. What am I missing?

Requiem21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What am I missing?
Furries. You're missing furries. They're insane because they have tons of money to throw at their OC. $1,500 for a picture of said OC is quite common.

The reason Breeding Season is so popular is because of Furries. That's it.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Akabur Patreon update with new project teasing : "Space Waifus" [working title]. No more Magic Shop and it'll be episodic-ish. More news on this huge letdown soon.

Mrgrgr!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Akabur Patreon update with new project teasing : "Space Waifus" [working title]. No more Magic Shop and it'll be episodic-ish. More news on this huge letdown soon.

Personally I think Magic Shop is not that interesting.
Barely any gameplay. It's nearly a waste of Art ;)
At the moment I'm not supporting him on Patreon since I don't expect anything major to be released for the next 1-2 years.

If a release seems possible I will support him again.

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Boo. I want WT to get the PT:Gold treatment.

mattius77

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Boo. I want WT to get the PT:Gold treatment.
As do I, but I think he's washed his hands of WT. The negative response he got/earned really soured him. I'd be surprised if he ever produces any new content for that title.

It's a shame, because there's so much story potential to be mined.

SHerring

Demon Girl
Reputation score

As do I, but I think he's washed his hands of WT. The negative response he got/earned really soured him. I'd be surprised if he ever produces any new content for that title.

It's a shame, because there's so much story potential to be mined.
Yes, but considering that the first 5 minutes and the last 10 minutes of the game are good, and in between he put 3-4 hours of crap, it would take many years of work to fulfill the potential of WT.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Which won't come from Akabur. Took him a year to finish PT:G, 1 month for 1 scene in MS, said he'd continue on MS, went 180 and dumped MS to work on his new Space Waifu ......... Watch in 2-3 months, he'll either drop everything to go to VanArts or switch projects again.

The only way to have a "decent" WT is to wait on the Crab people to finish their Innocent Witch remake [with BT 1.6 included].

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only way to have a "decent" WT is to wait on the Crab people to finish their Innocent Witch remake [with BT 1.6 included].
i gave up on akabur at WT. im looking forward to see what the "Crab people" is gonna come up with now.

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Of all the people to do an Episodic series, Akabur is the worst one.

Seriously. Unless he does a serious change on the way he works and takes schedule much more seriously.

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Of all the people to do an Episodic series, Akabur is the worst one.

Seriously. Unless he does a serious change on the way he works and takes schedule much more seriously.
Lack of content updates and the constant switching of projects is norm for alot of these game creator patreons sadly, I must admit it has been a harsh thing to deal with as a complete newbie (but atleast I wont waste money thanks to seeing the issue early on).

And yeah Akabur seems to be quite bad at the whole schedule part and lack of content, his constant project switching doesnt help that either. Im amazed that you can get so much money each month for pretty much no content...