What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ WOWbirong] うぉーびろんぐ Monochrome Quest モノクロクエスト~無抵抗なNPCにイタズラしたり、女プレイヤーを負かせて犯せるRPG~ RE120740 RJ120740

cmacleod42

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Monochrome Quest

Good on you for working on a translation for this game :)

...*goes back to playing the translated version he was going to upload until he saw this*
Sorrym do you mean there is another translator working on the game, as you say you were going to upload it?

If so I will happily step aside as I have limited Japanese fluency.

Dalock

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Huh? No I got bored one night and did about as much work as you've done. But considering how you're actually going through with it you can keep right on trucking. Always good to get new people out there working on this stuff, especially around here :)

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

Just wanted to say thanks to the people (cmacleod42 in particular) translating this game. While I have no longer use of it at the moment, since I finished the game, I foresee enjoying it in the future when I come back to the game. May this also encourage you to proceed, if you still feel like it of course. It would be appreciated.

About the translation itself, I think that the most useful to have for a new player would be the equipment in English. Having the appropriate gear at the right time (against bosses) is crucial in this game, and with only (very) limited Japanese knowledge, I struggled for quite a while before getting it right under TA/AGTH.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Just wanted to say thanks to the people (cmacleod42 in particular) translating this game. While I have no longer use of it at the moment, since I finished the game, I foresee enjoying it in the future when I come back to the game. May this also encourage you to proceed, if you still feel like it of course. It would be appreciated.

About the translation itself, I think that the most useful to have for a new player would be the equipment in English. Having the appropriate gear at the right time (against bosses) is crucial in this game, and with only (very) limited Japanese knowledge, I struggled for quite a while before getting it right under TA/AGTH.
I have the equipment mostly done.

Really the only area I have troubles with are the dialogues, sex scenes in particular, so I will have everything except those done soon.

Blix

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Stay Classy Dalock.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

More translated
- skills/spells
- weapons and armour
- more small encounters.
- all shops and questions asked

To use, again see my previous posts (especially the first on the translation) and make a backup.
Download the attachment and extract into the Data folder for the game installation

Attachments

Geno0042

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could someone please tell me what I'm supposed to do next? I've got Satori in my party for the second time now and Yuuna refuses to go back to the village of men(She says she wants to defeat the final boss and return to the real world). However, going to the big ominous looking castle makes Satori say "Let's go back to town" and the game won't let me enter it.

Is there a detail I'm missing, or did I break the game?

cmacleod42

Reputation score

If you are using my translation it is always possible I broke something, I do not think so, but it is possible.

I have not reached that part of the game in my play through and have avoided reading the code to allow me to still enjoy playing

Geno0042

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm afraid I was using the original, untranslated version of this game when this happened. Another reason I think I broke the game is that when I started backtracking in an attempt to figure out what to do next, I re-encountered that male player in the woods that I already captured, and re-recruited him into my party even though he's supposed to be in jail. I guess I'm going to have to reload a previous save and go through this again.

Orly

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a file map somewhere or can someone upload it please?

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Is there a file map somewhere or can someone upload it please?
File map, do you mean a map of the world, or something else?

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Could someone please tell me what I'm supposed to do next? I've got Satori in my party for the second time now and Yuuna refuses to go back to the village of men(She says she wants to defeat the final boss and return to the real world). However, going to the big ominous looking castle makes Satori say "Let's go back to town" and the game won't let me enter it.

Is there a detail I'm missing, or did I break the game?
I just finished the game to the True Ending.

I did not see this issue, I would guess you have missed one of the quests in the male city and started the final path. I suggest returning to an older save game

cmacleod42

Reputation score

I'm afraid I was using the original, untranslated version of this game when this happened. Another reason I think I broke the game is that when I started backtracking in an attempt to figure out what to do next, I re-encountered that male player in the woods that I already captured, and re-recruited him into my party even though he's supposed to be in jail. I guess I'm going to have to reload a previous save and go through this again.
Otherwise,
I have seen this bug as well (also reverted to a previous save)

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Note:
I have a good set of saves now through to end of game, and I understand the plot better now, so translation will proceed a little better.

I have done a few edits and fixed a number of typos and misunderstandings.

So now you can play the game, all items, weapons, skills will be translated and all mesages during combat.

Otherwise to be done
- trying to get all minor conversations translated, ie where you speak to someone who just says a trivial hint or lavour message
- also get most of the encounters asking for soul's (as needed for a full cg set)
- the cg recollection room

But
the big part is the major dialogues for plot and sex scenes. These may be beyond my language skills to do.

I'll post an update in a few days.

Last edited:

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

Please have some +Rep for your work.

Maybe could we even convince you in the future to have a look at other games on this forum that are pure gems game-play wise (for H-RPGs anyway) but remain untranslated, like

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=22040 (I usually don't like cow-girls, but this one is awesome)
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=21693 (fantastic game, a bit like CK2)

Just menu/items translations would go a long way to make the games more enjoyable.

Everything in time however, I guess, and thanks again.

cmacleod42

Reputation score

Please have some +Rep for your work.

Maybe could we even convince you in the future to have a look at other games on this forum that are pure gems game-play wise (for H-RPGs anyway) but remain untranslated, like

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=22040 (I usually don't like cow-girls, but this one is awesome)
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=21693 (fantastic game, a bit like CK2)

Just menu/items translations would go a long way to make the games more enjoyable.

Everything in time however, I guess, and thanks again.
I do not see how the second space war game can be translated. It is not RPG Maker so more complex. There are some csv files definiing items, shrip etc that could possibly be translated.

The other is possible, I have not played it, so it is a matter of if I like it or not. I will try it

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

Cool.

RJ105810/Tales of BoinBoin is a kind of SIM-RPG. Some people outright dislike the genre it seems, but what I like in it is that it has pretty good game-play elements to it (contrary to other "easier" H-RPGs), not to mention very enjoyable art.

More than just a basic "dating" VN, it mixes farming/crafting + fighting + dating elements, a bit like Rune Factory 3 (on NDS) or Harvest Moon perhaps (haven't played any of that series though, so I can't vouch for that).

Anyway, I'll just wait for you to have a look. I have already some (most?) menus machine-translated outside the game, that I could provide you with, but I guess that's not going to help you that much to get them in-game (should you be interested that is).

PS : Latest version of the game that I am aware of : http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=464193&postcount=105

Last edited: