What's new

What made you feel giddy today?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: What made you feel giddy today?

you know as well as i do that emp's dont work like they are shown in that movie.

plus a phone is smaller than your map + compas.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I know, I'm just being difficult. Though in honesty I do mostly prefer a map and compass. It can be folded up good, laminated to protect from water, and you don't have to rely on batteries. If I'm going out and about on an adventure I'll always bring them with me.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

you know as well as i do that emp's dont work like they are shown in that movie.

plus a phone is smaller than your map + compas.
I'd rather not be dependent on electronics. They can always break or run out of power.

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

I agree with sin, nothing says adventure like a good old map, your trusty compass and a hunting knife.:D

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Watching an apple poser burst into tears when I told him there were only 15 iPad 2's.

He was #16 in line.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

yeah but with the new phone you can go, hey i've just been invited to a party... i'll just look up the location on facebook through my phone, then go to maps and look up how to get there.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Indeed, there are advantages to the phone and technology and all that. I personally just don't like relying on it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

My phone can do quite a bit; internet, facebook, youtube, photo's, video's etc... Though the shit thing about it is that it can't hold a fucking charge when I go to one of my friends house. I can charge it up fully before I go there and it's guaranteed to have run out of charge and be turned off after about six hours up there. And my phone normally lasts about 4-5 days before I need to charge it.

Anywho, just found out a new season of Ben 10 started last month so I'm going to have to start downloading that tomorrow. Not a giddy, but it's a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My phone can do quite a bit; internet, facebook, youtube, photo's, video's etc... Though the shit thing about it is that it can't hold a fucking charge when I go to one of my friends house. I can charge it up fully before I go there and it's guaranteed to have run out of charge and be turned off after about six hours up there. And my phone normally lasts about 4-5 days before I need to charge it.
Let me guess... Samsung Gravity?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Let me guess... Samsung Gravity?
Nope, it's an LG... something. I know that much. I picked it out simply because it looked cool and had more fancy app's than my old piece of shit phone.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed, there are advantages to the phone and technology and all that. I personally just don't like relying on it.
That's why you take both the map, the compass, and the technology. I mean let's face it even scouts get lost sometimes without a GPS, especially in a desert where the distinguishing features you need for the map and compass to work don't exist.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

That's why you take both the map, the compass, and the technology. I mean let's face it even scouts get lost sometimes without a GPS, especially in a desert where the distinguishing features you need for the map and compass to work don't exist.
Unless you are in a desert you shouldn't need the GPS. Seriously, if someone like me can find the direction during a pitch-dark night in a forest where you can't see more than 10 meters to one direction, it can't require any special talent.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Discovering that I'm apparently descended from a High King of Ireland.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Hate to burst your bubble, but thats what all irish say because it's sort of true. At least from my understanding after taking celtic mythology and irish literature, not to mention how they "king" system sort of worked, the joke is all irish can trace themselves back to a king. I'm Leinster myself. But it's a cool thing to know

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, agreed. I just personally prefer the map and compass. Though the maps we used were just satellite images with gridlines so the image was pretty clear for where we had to go. Whenever I took point on patrol I'd always just go by my map and compass and have the guy behind with a GPS just in case... and he had a map and compass too for his own backup.

Where I was had enough distinguishing features though. Only time we went through open desert was with helos or LAVs

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Hate to burst your bubble, but thats what all irish say because it's sort of true. At least from my understanding after taking celtic mythology and irish literature, not to mention how they "king" system sort of worked, the joke is all irish can trace themselves back to a king. I'm Leinster myself. But it's a cool thing to know
But I'm not Irish. I didn't know I had any Irish ancestry until now.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I instinctively always know what direction North is :\

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

you'd be surpised how screwed up that can get just by changing hemishpere.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I beat DA2 last night :3 I was squeeing my fool head off.