ACT [Vosmug] Prisonkage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Vosmug: Demonophobia WITHOUT lolis

FUCKA YOU RANDOM ENEMY PATTERNS.

i understand the challenge enjoyment but inta-death and randomness does not a happy scira make. I probably spent a good half hour re-running the first rooms over and over because when i first got to the wasps after i dodged the first dive it immediately went into a second dive and killed me, i just assumed "Oh it will always dive when in range". 30 minutes of trying to run under the first wasp when it rises for the dive, i stay ducking, except this time it decides to fly over me instead of diving again. Also not fun, getting tentacle whipped waiting for a wasp dive that never happens, also not fun, inconsistent head eating plants.
You should have the demon swords by then. You can kill the worm/slug/tentacles with them (when they are not in attack animation though).

Rrazz

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Once you memorise the area's its actually pretty simple to do. Appart from one or two parts.

It would make the game too easy if the checkpoints were forgiving. But they need to be properly indicated when reached.
True...that's the problem with checkpoints. Too many and it kills the challenge, too few and it just makes things frustrating.

Here its a good balance, but I agree, a little notification would be nice.

THQman

Lurker
Reputation score

I found that just staight running right over the spike pits without stopping works very well. You literally can run straight over them as long as nothing stops you
I was talking about getting the key specifically... I'm well aware you can just run over the spikes with no problem. Crouching on spikes to grab a key however is a different thing entirely.

And to the guy who asked what was past the orange tentacle monster, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It's a demo as well as a work in progress so yeah...

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game really likes to throw curve balls at me doesn't it lol.

I got so used to those demon head things in the ground not being a problem. Everytime I went near them they just borrowed. Cool.

Found some more later on, try to walk past and BAM it jumps up and slices my head off...>.<

Still loving it, kinda wish the checkpoints were a little more forgiving though. Its frustrating having to go through 3-4 rooms, only to die and have to do those 3-4 rooms over again...and again...and again...
yes that fucker got me as well....
and yeah the wasps are fucking annoying some how I got past the 1st one and thought oh that is all you have to do. died at the next part, next time around tried to do the same thing and it killed me.... so pretty much that 1st wasp killed me like 4 times after that. I stopped trying to duck them and just starting running though them. careful timing things out or just run though it seems like a game that is going to make you change your play style from room to room.

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score

True...that's the problem with checkpoints. Too many and it kills the challenge, too few and it just makes things frustrating.

Here its a good balance, but I agree, a little notification would be nice.
Its the first level though.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I find not knowing where checkpoints are to be better, it keeps me on edge not knowing how far back I go when I do get killed and keeps things tense, unlike knowing where checkpoints are and not really caring what happens in a room right after a checkpoint.

And really, what tangible benefit is there to knowing where a checkpoint is? If you try your hardest no matter what it won't matter one bit where the checkpoints are or if you know about them ;)

Clades

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It would make the game too easy if the checkpoints were forgiving. But they need to be properly indicated when reached.
You mean it would make the game less tedious. Especially when you have that little fucker that you have to slam the X key on continuously for 45 seconds just to get through his dialog.

I love indie games like this, I just wish that the developers didn't conflate tediousness with difficulty.

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You mean it would make the game less tedious. Especially when you have that little fucker that you have to slam the X key on continuously for 45 seconds just to get through his dialog.

I love indie games like this, I just wish that the developers didn't conflate tediousness with difficulty.
The checkpoint always comes right after the dialog...

OP
L

lolcats

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The checkpoint always comes right after the dialog...
not true: once you go into the bedroom and get the health regen, there is NOT a checkpoint there until you make it all the way back out of there and back to the tithugger thing.

same thing for when there is dialogue about the orange tentacle monster, no checkpoint is laid there, either.

Zabz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Art style is nice, and what mechanics are there work pretty much as they should. Problem is, Demonophobia was a HORRIBLY designed game, and taking cues from it does not strike me as a good idea.
Well, he did say he was using demonophobia as an inspiration rather than full on template...And he is open to new ideas. Infact right now he has a poll on what kind of checkpoint system the game should be built on.

..I didn't really find demonophobia that bad of a game, Just the checkpoints could have been a little more lenient to avoid tedium.

EggsnBacon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I fucking love the mystery button... *Drools*

I am freaking loving this game! Too bad she can't crawl...

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I fucking love the mystery button... *Drools*

I am freaking loving this game! Too bad she can't crawl...
I find it funny that it's called the mystery button when you need to use it to advance.

Anyway, I'm very anxious to see what else will be put in the game. I agree that it can get a little challenging sometimes, but if done right, that stuff can be fun.

Solarpants

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm hoping the game takes a Demonophobia turn, where the heroine permanently loses her clothes.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd like to maybe see another costume or two. While the character nude sounds epic, I think that would underlie the importance of the mystery "flash" button.

I'd love to see what some other enemies do if it's used.

milkm2n

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ive played through this game twice and have not came across this mystery button so please tell me what is it

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

ive played through this game twice and have not came across this mystery button so please tell me what is it
I can't think of it off the top of my head...

But you couldn't have beaten it twice without it.

I think it's the "F" key.

Flash the boobies.

milkm2n

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

oh i didnt realise that was the mystery button thanks for replying though

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe as she loses more clothes the mystery button makes her reveal other parts? Next time the tit hugger goes for the vagina!

EggsnBacon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm hoping she gets to wear a school uniform, maybe one that looks like Sakuri's uniform... and the mystery button will make her lift her skirt up~... revealing panties or maybe even no panties down there~...

Status
Not open for further replies.