D

Deleted member 1184

vaporware

Last edited by a moderator:

homelessfish

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Ryonopolis

This looks way too ambitious for a one man project, it's good if you plan to finish it in a year or two, any other way it's just too much.

I have to say that it's pretty hard for you to come by a 3D modeler willing to cooperate with this, making good looking female models is a rare skill (that's why you see so much monsters on 3D sites) and the chances of finding a person with that skill and also is willing to pour time in a project like this are pretty dim.

Modeling is hard, a decent model can take a seasoned pro a few days to complete, your best bet I think it's to use poser models, take them to zbrush to match your needs (and make them stop looking like generic poser models for once), simplify their topology so they can be used in a realtime application (topogun or retopo will help you there) and then you are good to go.

Anyway, good luck, just make sure you don't put in your mouth more than you can chew, we already have way too many abandoned projects due to urealistic expectations.

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Been peeking over at ryonani recently and was surprised to see this over here. Just played the demo and I see some good potential in it. What I think you should do is remove the 3D movement and keep it strictly 2D-ish. Moving the project towards 2D/2.5D would remove the need for having completely 3D scenery seeing as you (the player) would only see what the camera sees.

Bandit224

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The project sounds cool so far. If you've ever played Killer7, you could try using their 2Dish graphics and control scheme (the characters follow different lines based on which direction of the directional pad they choose, but monsters can move more directly at the player). Probably what 2.5D is that was mentioned above.

I'm experienced with C++, but not C#. I can give a crack at doing some of the programming.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wow, great work so far. My only suggestion so far would be a slightly more zoomed-out camera. Right now it's difficult to see what's up next. While it may help with the element of surprise for enemies, it's an annoyance when it comes to platforming gameplay.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Unfortunately this section doesn't get much attention, and more is due to this than what it's getting. I'd suggest re-posting it in the Hentai Games section seeing as there are plenty of WIP games in there already.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(The game currently has no H-themes, although does plan to include them)
This is why that shouldn't happen.

Though this looks intersting, and once you've got some H it'll get a ton more attention.