What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

I'm sure this has been asked before, so I will ask again since searching the thread seems to not yield answers:

1. Monceber's basic's run-down says: " Maximum tier of orange parameter essences is T2, and for status essences – T1" - but if you click on the monster book and scroll over hydraplant or the wild hunt, you see tier 3 essenses. Although there's a red star beside the hydraplant's vit3 and white start beside the wild hunt's thunder3 essense drops. Was he referring to an older version or does the monsters actually not drop those?

2. Monceber's basic's run-down says: "Red essences are pretty much similar, but they can be taken out" - I'm assuming he meant "can't be taken out"

3. Someone asked about increasing the weapon's slot numbers: so if 1 have a weapon with 3 slots (regardless of their types), to increase it to 4 slots, the 4th one becomes a blank slot, I need a 4-red-slotted weapon with the exact same name, correct? Is there sometimes a requirement for a certain essense to also be in your inventory?

4. Dragonpaladin mentioned that 3-slots are max for normal mode. i've seen the dwarf selling a limbfire with 4 slot places (3 red, 1 blank). I assume that statement only holds for older version?

5. Can someone link me to the actual page with the weapons and their tiers please? I can't navigate that jap page...
The answers have been given in the past, but there's a limit to how effective the search function is.

1. Stars next to essence lists indicate either rarity of drop or drop category. Red stars normally imply the essence (normally stat3 essences) is only available as a red essence in equipment. For the hydraplant example, you will only ever see Vit3 as a red essence in either weapons or equipment.

2. Correct, typo on Monceber's part.

3. Not all weapons can have 4 slots, check the equipment list to confirm those which can accommodate 4 slots (off the top of my head, these are the longsword, rapier, limbfire and knuckleduster for weapons). If you have a 3-slot version of any of those weapons, the only way to unlock the 4th slot is to find a weapon of the same type with 4 red essences and then pay the blacksmith to unlock the 4th slot. Same principle applies for clothing.

4. Old info from Dragonpaladin. I've not moved out from normal difficulty and have lost count of the number of times I've seen equipment with the maximum allowable number of slots drop in the wild.

5. weapons and weapons.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4. Old info from Dragonpaladin.
Back in the days, all of us were playing in normal. We grinded to floor 15+ before I found a max-slotted collar and Harley found a max-slotted weapon at around floor 30+. Afterwards we confirmed we need floor 15+, preferably 30+ in normal to get a max-slotted item.

I defer to your superior experience and intellect.
More experience yes (not sure about superior), superior intellect? Pfff.
I did clock in over 80+ (ages ago in normal) hours into this game, so there's nothing wrong with claiming the first despite the obvious sarcasm.

Intellect wise, hell no. As if gaming depends on intelligence.

In addition to Monceber's suggestions, use the Clock Engine accessory. It will add a bit of extra damage based on your Magic stat.

Magic melee build is definitely possible (sort of running one right now - Angelic Halo does a TON of damage), but I haven't found it as effective as STR or DEX builds if you're in to min/maxing. If the game was balanced slightly differently, such as having a wider variety of magic based skills or weapons (some kind of permanent magic wand would be cool), it might be more interesting of a build. Probably worth giving it a try though, just to get a feel for how the magic stat works, if nothing else. You won't -feel- like a mage like in other games though.

Edit: couple of extra tips - Magic is still referred to as "Spi" in some parts of the translation. Elemental essence special attacks (e.g. earth3 crack-impact) damage is also increased by your magic stat. But those only do base damage of ~20 anyways, so you won't see much of an increase with single target melee attacks. But if you're going full magic build anyways... worth trying it out if you want more of a magick-y feel.
The reason why I jumped at you is because you made your post sound like you are already using the build or something smiliar. Your post mentioned nothing about low-mid level and assumed that this is what Magic build is going to be end-game. Not the case at all

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Urgh, another level where the vortex (level 85) appeared but with no sacrificial offering to get rid of it. Just as well I had a nuke wand in reserve.

A few more levels and I'll have reached my personal milestone of making it to 3 digits on a dungeon exploration run.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Stars next to essence lists indicate either rarity of drop or drop category. Red stars normally imply the essence (normally stat3 essences) is only available as a red essence in equipment. For the hydraplant example, you will only ever see Vit3 as a red essence in either weapons or equipment.
I just took another look at "the wild hunt(er?)" and the thunder3 essense is not red. Just a white star. Does that mean he can drop it?

Also, are some dungeons just impossible to get up to level > 20s? e.g. the barking wind seems to get to about lvl 18, and then, I get a level with only doorways out of the dungeon.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I just took another look at "the wild hunt(er?)" and the thunder3 essense is not red. Just a white star. Does that mean he can drop it?
Yes, those can and do drop. I don't know the exact numbers, but they're somewhat rare. Less rare at higher dungeon levels. Just remember to purify them before you kill. This gives a higher chance of essence drops (regular kill is 1/7), but stops other gear from dropping. I've gotten plenty of lvl3 elemental essences in pre-level-30 dungeons.

Also, are some dungeons just impossible to get up to level > 20s? e.g. the barking wind seems to get to about lvl 18, and then, I get a level with only doorways out of the dungeon.
In certain dungeons, you get to a point where you are only 1-2 doorways away from any of the bases. The problem is, the "Bestseller" scroll, and also the LampPost Guided "trap" make you skip 3 dungeon levels. So if you're not careful at higher dungeon levels, you could get yourself into a dead end where all of the doorways are turned into exits to safe areas. There might be a way to get around this if you accidentally use a lamp post or scroll, but I don't personally know it. I haven't played around with that system enough, sorry.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Essences with white stars next to them indicate extreme rarity, but they do drop as yellow essences.

To continue dungeon exploration when you've accidentally stepped on the guiding thread (導きの糸) trap, you'll need a status effect swap wand (呪いの木馬のワンド: Trojan horse). Find any enemy and use the wand to transfer the map scroll effect to your enemy. That will ensure at least one of the available exits doesn't lead you to a safe zone.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn it! Bloody phantom and that strip accessory move lost me my +30 ghoul inscription rosary!

Level 95 in the barrier forest and I'm forced to turn back to consolidate and find yet another rosary to level up to +30. I'm looking at another 12 hours before I regain what I lost.

According to the wiki, the next time I get an accessory I should lock it in using a favourites tag to make it more likely it'll show up at the cat.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn it! Bloody phantom and that strip accessory move lost me my +30 ghoul inscription rosary!

Level 95 in the barrier forest and I'm forced to turn back to consolidate and find yet another rosary to level up to +30. I'm looking at another 12 hours before I regain what I lost.

According to the wiki, the next time I get an accessory I should lock it in using a favourites tag to make it more likely it'll show up at the cat.
Every item that you lose and didn't throw into the water or off a cliff can be found again after some exploring. When you find it again, it will probably be fully damaged.

Also, when you combine 3 T1 essense, it's name becomes that of a T3 essense. Is this another error in monceber's run-down?

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Every item that you lose and didn't throw into the water or off a cliff can be found again after some exploring. When you find it again, it will probably be fully damaged.

Also, when you combine 3 T1 essense, it's name becomes that of a T3 essense. Is this another error in monceber's run-down?
Not on my occasion. I was disarmed of my rosary, knocked down and then blown back at the entrance to a room with water on either side. I didn't see my equipment lying on the ground like it normally does after being disarmed; I only noticed the loss when I made it back to a safe area. It's not the first time it's happened to me and it probably won't be the last.

Any combination of tier 1 and/or tier 2 essences leads to a tier 3 essence with the same effects. 3 Tier 1 essences, 1 tier 1 and 1 tier 2 essence or 2 tier 2 essences gives the same result as a single red tier 3 essence. Even if Monceber made a mistake, players who have invested enough playing time would have noticed this very quickly. Regardless, if you can have a red tier 3 essence in desired equipment it frees up one slot which can be used for other things. Similarly for the status debuffs, the only possibilities for tier 2 stun is to combine two red/yellow tier 1 stun essences or find weapons/equipment with a red tier 2 stun essence.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not on my occasion. I was disarmed of my rosary, knocked down and then blown back at the entrance to a room with water on either side. I didn't see my equipment lying on the ground like it normally does after being disarmed; I only noticed the loss when I made it back to a safe area. It's not the first time it's happened to me and it probably won't be the last.

Any combination of tier 1 and/or tier 2 essences leads to a tier 3 essence with the same effects. 3 Tier 1 essences, 1 tier 1 and 1 tier 2 essence or 2 tier 2 essences gives the same result as a single red tier 3 essence. Even if Monceber made a mistake, players who have invested enough playing time would have noticed this very quickly. Regardless, if you can have a red tier 3 essence in desired equipment it frees up one slot which can be used for other things. Similarly for the status debuffs, the only possibilities for tier 2 stun is to combine two red/yellow tier 1 stun essences or find weapons/equipment with a red tier 2 stun essence.
Thanks for the info about the essence.

I lost once at about lvl 10 (early game). Blown back to lvl 1 of the dungeon. Few hours later (2 days later actually) I found a fully damaged silver collar of level 8 reinforcement in the same dungeon. It had a orange slot essence - same as the one I put on it - leaving me to believe all these items can be gotten back.

Heck, I've left used equipment on the ground, leave the dungeon, come back, and find it on some random level of the dungeon. (didn't pay attention to whether the dungeon level must be the same as the one you lost it on though.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you were defeated in the dungeons, the option of recollecting your equipment where you fell is possible. It is not possible if you left the dungeon and failed to get the cat merchant in time before new items rob you of the opportunity to claim the lost item.

By the way I lost my item on level 91 of the barrier forest, I'd like to see you try revisiting that level to reclaim a lost item. Doubly so when there's no guarantee you'll get the same dungeon tileset.

Difficulty level also plays a part in determining whether or not lost items can be reclaimed in dungeons.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Even considering that I've written 'two' instead of 'two or more', I assume that following sentence should have been enough to understand that you can combine more than two essences.

Even if you insert four T2 Vit essences, you’ll still have the same effect.
When combining four of them, it doesn't matter if it's T1 or T2.

@Harley I've lost my **** school swimsuit same way... it never came back :(

faithedflame

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have lurk here for a while. Nice meet you guys.
I have some questions and ask for recommendation if you don't mind.

1. Any essence recommendation for 3 slot Athame Knife, 3 slot Revolver Cannon, and 4 slot Long Sword?
I already have a 4 slot rapier with DragonPaladin's suggestion.

2. Does the four essence I put in Knuckle Duster get carried over when I transform it into Cross Fire P8? Because it only have 1 slot =/
And best essence for Cross Fire P8 if 4 essence possible?

3. If I change Athame Knife to Short Sword, put four essence into it, and transform it back, do I keep all four essence in Athame Knife?

4. Is there a way to increase T3 elemental essence drop rate?
I only have Lightning and Blizzard right now. I killed Belle and Cheval de Batiar more than 30 times already...

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

1. Any essence recommendation for 3 slot Athame Knife, 3 slot Revolver Cannon, and 4 slot Long Sword?
Athame I use Mithril + Elem 3. But mine is over-slotted with Mithril (Red essence version of silver 2), and I get to add a Para 1. Revolver I don't use, but seems like stacking an Elem 3, Para 1/Dark 1 seems about right. (Stun and Push back also works) 4 slot long-sword wise, I would suggest you craft it to something else. Long-sword is pretty bad as a weapon.

PS: Geeze English version is really broken, is everything full slotted or something (not just from the drawf)?

2. Does the four essence I put in Knuckle Duster get carried over when I transform it into Cross Fire P8? Because it only have 1 slot =/
Different weapon has different maximum slots. The higher the rank the less slot the weapon has. P8 is highest rank (Unique), and will has a maximum of 1 slot. The number of current slots decrease accordingly, for example, had your knuckle duster got 3 slots (/4 Max), your P8 would have 0 slots. (/1 Max)

3. If I change Athame Knife to Short Sword, put four essence into it, and transform it back, do I keep all four essence in Athame Knife?
You keep all 4 essence in the Athame Knife. The 4th essence is ineffective due to Athame Knife only has 3 slots.

4. Is there a way to increase T3 elemental essence drop rate?
I only have Lightning and Blizzard right now. I killed Belle and Cheval de Batiar more than 30 times already...
Purify with redemption. And then kill for higher essence drop rate. T3 elemental otoh, being a gold star rarity has lower drop rates. High rarity essence, as far as I know, is more likely to drop with Makai difficulty, at Super Makai, at Extreme Mode. (i.e. higher difficulty, rarer drops) But Harley running normal had just as many T3 elemental or more than me, so I am unsure.

30 times ... I wonder how many times Belle died and still no sealing essence #3 ._.

Last edited:

faithedflame

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Athame I use Mithril + Elem 3. But mine is over-slotted with Mithril (Red essence version of silver 2), and I get to add a Para 1. Revolver I don't use, but seems like stacking an Elem 3, Para 1/Dark 1 seems about right. (Stun and Push back also works) 4 slot long-sword wise, I would suggest you craft it to something else. Long-sword is pretty bad as a weapon.

PS: Geeze English version is really broken, is everything full slotted or something (not just from the drawf)?

Different weapon has different maximum slots. The higher the rank the less slot the weapon has. P8 is highest rank (Unique), and will has a maximum of 1 slot. The number of current slots decrease accordingly, for example, had your knuckle duster got 3 slots (/4 Max), your P8 would have 0 slots. (/1 Max)

You keep all 4 essence in the Athame Knife. The 4th essence is ineffective due to Athame Knife only has 3 slots.

Purify with redemption. And then kill for higher essence drop rate. T3 elemental otoh, being a gold star rarity has lower drop rates. High rarity essence, as far as I know, is more likely to drop with Makai difficulty, at Super Makai, at Extreme Mode. (i.e. higher difficulty, rarer drops) But Harley running normal had just as many T3 elemental or more than me, so I am unsure.

30 times ... I wonder how many times Belle died and still no sealing essence #3 ._.
Thank you for the response.
Does the dwarf actually sold full slot gears?
The only full slot I got from dwarf is 2 slot Vanguard Lance. It has Red ATK3 in it.
I guess I'll just change Long Sword to Katze Galgen.

I got all my full slot weapon at floor 14+. As you can see from screenshot: I'm a hoarder.
Except Rapier because I found a 3 red rapier, change it to 3 red Falcon's Stake, combine it with 2 slot Falcon Stake, resulting in 3 slot Falcon's Stake and change it back to rapier.

Use redemption, huh. And here I thought all of Roland's skills other than Purify Craft are useless...

Edit: Which one is better: Limb-Fire or Cross Fire? I plan to convert my 3 red Limb-Fire into 4 slot the same way I do for Rapier.

Attachments

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you for the response.
Does the dwarf actually sold full slot gears?
The only full slot I got from dwarf is 2 slot Vanguard Lance. It has Red ATK3 in it.
I guess I'll just change Long Sword to Katze Galgen.

Edit: Which one is better: Limb-Fire or Cross Fire? I plan to convert my 3 red Limb-Fire into 4 slot the same way I do for Rapier.
The dwarf does sell 4 slot items (i.e. knuckle duster for me with 3 of those slots red).

Please note that it depends on your playing style. Generally, the higher tier weapons do better base damage while the lower tier ones go with faster, but less damage. Ofc, there's a bit of randomness to it (I've found a rapier+1 with 1 stat higher than that of my rapier+6).

I would personally keep the weapons in their high tier form because you get more options later on.

Question:
Does anyone know why the following happens:
Stone essence (earth1) on vanguard lance - earth magic hit effect after on anyone hit.

Earth essence (earth2) on vanguard lance - no earth magic hits after each hit. :confused:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@faithedflame: Welcome to the forum and this thread.

4-slot limbfire can be customised in many ways while the Crossfire gives up all but 1 slot in exchange for search shot which when triggered does extra holy damage while it remains active.

I used the crossfire WAY back on my first playthrough, but I stopped using it on a restart since the burial blade is so much better and my guns with maximum slots do the job I intended with the right essences.

As for element3 essences, I'd completed 50 kills before an element3 essence dropped from particular bosses (this was with the help of redemption). It's quite normal to grind lots since bosses have a wide variety of essences in their drop tables.

@duck666: This is why knowing Japanese actually helps for some games. If you look at , it gives you a full run-down on how essences work.

Specifically for your question: Element1 gives weapons "impact damage", basically an additional elemental attack dependent on your magic stat and modified by enemy resistances.

Element2 grants the enchanted weapon 50% innate elemental damage i.e. lightning2 to a weapon means 50% of the weapon damage is now of the lightning element so lightning resistant monsters take FAR less damage from these enchanged weapons.

Element3 combines both the "impact damage" and the innate elemental damage into one package, that's why boss-running is such a grind since all elements except darkness and wind have a single yellow element3 version which any players serious about having good gear absolutely requires.

Regarding +1 weapons being stronger than +6, not possible unless the +6 weapon is heavily damaged. You'll need to show what you mean via a screenshot since you're probably missing something.

@Dragonpaladin: Don't disrespect a 4-slot longsword. Extra 10% damage when character is unbuffed and a high base damage makes it more useful than you think when properly configured. Mine has water3, paralyse2, blind1 and sleep1 plus the 50% bonus damage to beasts inscription. The fastest weapon in my arsenal for killing black goats and useful against the Minos Demon.

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I used the crossfire WAY back on my first playthrough, but I stopped using it on a restart since the burial blade is so much better and my guns with maximum slots do the job I intended with the right essences.

@duck666: This is why knowing Japanese actually helps for some games. If you look at , it gives you a full run-down on how essences work.

Specifically for your question: Element1 gives weapons "impact damage", basically an additional elemental attack dependent on your magic stat and modified by enemy resistances.

Element2 grants the enchanted weapon 50% innate elemental damage i.e. lightning2 to a weapon means 50% of the weapon damage is now of the lightning element so lightning resistant monsters take FAR less damage from these enchanged weapons.

Element3 combines both the "impact damage" and the innate elemental damage into one package, that's why boss-running is such a grind since all elements except darkness and wind have a single yellow element3 version which any players serious about having good gear absolutely requires.

Regarding +1 weapons being stronger than +6, not possible unless the +6 weapon is heavily damaged. You'll need to show what you mean via a screenshot since you're probably missing something.
Thanks.
I've tried reading that site - google translate makes it so broken I can't proper understand anything other than the t1 essence effect.

So does this mean that if I'm using mithril (or silver + enchanted) equipment, I should opt for just the T1 essence for the slot rather than T2 if I'm going for a "general purpose" equipment? I'm just trying to grind up this equipment's level before anything else, first.

I think that equipment was at about 1/2 full durability (1/2 of the lowered durability), would that be enough to account for the random stats effect? I've found a rosary at 10/10, used it in 1 fight (still 10/10), picked up another rosary (same level) and the new one immediately had 1 stat higher than the other one I equipped. Is the stat decrease from damaged equipment that random? :confused::eek:

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@faithedflame
Nice. Looks like you have done your research and hoarded everything. No wonder you got a bunch of full slots.

Monceber showed us a screenshot of the dwarf selling full slot gears back in the days from the EN version. It was hilarious, because he complained about that he couldn't get overslot-weapons from drawf anymore.

It's too bad Vanguard Lance has Atk 3 instead of Dex 3 or Mag 3, or else it would be a great over-slotted weapon.
(Overslot means red essence that replaces 2 yellow essence. Such as Attack 3 which normally require attack 2 and attack 1. This frees up an extra slot and allows you to over-slot an essence onto the weapon)

Granite Blade is my suggestion. It does the most damage and start with plasma. Which mean adding an element to it will result in Divinity 3 (Holy + Plasma)

All of Roland's skill outside of throw holy water is quite useful~
Throw holy water is useful too, but it wastes holy water and redemption is just better for about same range and aoe.

Harles prefer the utility maximum slot limb-fire provides since he prefer status alignment essence. Crossfire is just as good as Burial while with Consecration/Holy enchant state. Search shot is amazing in terms of accuracy and damage and has the very rare light element.

But without consecration, Burial is better, since it does bonus damage to purified enemy.

---

All weapons have the same base stats. It's for another reason.

So does this mean that if I'm using mithril (or silver + enchanted) equipment.
T1 is good enough with follow-up elemental attack and holy attribute. T2 is used more for specification of weapon for a specific range of enemies instead.

Last edited: