What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Last night I tried out Runecraft. I hate the Water Enchantment Rune. It's the one that lets you make a pick cool lava blocks adjacent to a block you just mined. I didn't know the enchantment rune would disappear after activating, or how many uses I would get out of it.

Spending 4 blocks of diamond (36 gems!) and 12 red stone, 2 red stone torches and 1 block of still water gives you 50 blocks of still lava converted into obsidian. NOT WORTH IT! :mad:

I would have been happy if the rune wasn't consumed in the process, as it would mean I could cool lava to my heart's content, just have to make many trips to re-enchant. But this? I am so upset.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

I've made a Google Doc of all the mods we currently have installed, it'll be updated whenever we get more. the list. I'll also be making a TinyURL of it and putting it up as a sign on the server so non-forumers can have access to it as well.
Minor Quibble; you can also lock furnaces using sticks, Possibly despensers and jukeboxes as well, though I haven't ever used either so I can't say from experience.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh yeah, you can. I forgot about that. I'll change it later as well as delete the information about FenceStack.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

A heads up for anyone who's unable to login to Minecraft, it seems with the 1.8 update (or maybe a bit earlier) they changed the loader, downloading a new .exe is recommended. (Though at writing moment I can't access the homepage at all)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

So apparently the Endermen can pick up nearly all kinds of blocks, including Bedrock. Whether they're naturally placed or player based. We may need to find a mod that stops them at least picking up player-placed blocks.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So apparently the Endermen can pick up nearly all kinds of blocks, including Bedrock. Whether they're naturally placed or player based. We may need to find a mod that stops them at least picking up player-placed blocks.
Yeah... that'd get real annoying for large scale projects.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Hello, nurse.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I was thinking about something that didn't modify the jar file.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I was thinking about something that didn't modify the jar file.
Maiko would probably have to check the Bukkit site and see if there'd be a similar mod in thier system then, so I dun get complaints for helping :<

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

There's bukkit mods that turn a creeper from a walking bomb into something that jumps on your back and bites your head. I'm sure there'll be a mod to keep Endermen from picking things up once a recommended build comes along. Until then, moats of water. Safe, non-lethal water. Endermen are allergic to it. Works wonders.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

A new Recommended Build for Bukkit is out for 1.8.1 now, but most of the plugins still seem to be using the old build, so I'm going to wait until Friday before starting the update process, just to give developers time to update.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I'm more interested in the article next door. Notch got cold feet on Endermen taking blocks so they're getting that nerfed. whether it's only going to be certain types of blocks or if it's going to be removed entirely remains to be seen.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

So with the 1.9 pre-release comes a flood of news, and surprisingly the Nether seems to have the most updates this time round. At least two new mobs (a golden armoured thing and a lava slime apparently called a Blaze), some kind of stick item as well as naturally occuring bridges and castles. Ghasts also drop an item called the Ghast Tear and it seems at least fences can be made out of Netherrack.

The snowman I posted earlier is called the Snow Yeti apparently, and it's supposedly made by PLACING two snow blocks on top of each other with a pumpkin for a head. The swamp biome is apparently murkier looking as well having waterlillies. And the mushroom biome seems to have a mob of its own, the 'Mooshroom' (not sure if that's its official name) which appears to be a red and white cow with red mushrooms growing out of its back.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Small story: Was cutting down a birch tree, and an old camp song got stuck in my head. Apparently it's not heard much outside of Canada, but I decided to make a Minecraft version of the first verse.

Original:
Land of the silver birch
Home of the beaver
Where still the mighty moose
Wanders at will

Refrain:
Blue lake and rocky shore
I will return once more

Minecraft Ver.:
Land of the Silverfish
Home of the Creeper
Where still the Endermen
Wander at will

Refrain:
Blue lake and blocky shore
I will return once more

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Land of the Silverfish
Home of the Creeper
Where still the Endermen
Wander at will

Refrain:
Blue lake and blocky shore
I will return once more
I am the_taken, and I approve of this message.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Server is back up!

Right now, Spout is disabled, so you won't get the fancypants graphics for mcMMO, SignShops is disabled, as it seems to have problems with the new iConomy. A search for a new shop plugin is underway and I'm open to suggestions. The Skylands portal is unreachable at the moment, I'm going to work on fixing that, but I've disabled that useless crap fly mod we had anyway. Everything else should be working fine.

I haven't made the new world yet, waiting for people to talk about where to make the portal and just for people to return.

One issue, is existing chests look wierd. Single chests will be all black until the light levels are updated on them. Double chests are the same, but they also look like they're turned 90 degrees, but they still occupy the same locations. You can break them and replace them to fix that.

Oh, and this guy's back:
Edit: Oh fine... he's not... wimps...

As usual, tell me if you find any problems. Endermen still move blocks around too.

Edit: Okay, iConomy was complaining about Jobs, so I've terfed that, no more Jobs, for now. Also, because iConomy was giving so many errors, I've reset it, along with everyone's balances. Sorry Host. Still, with the SignShops down, money doesn't have much use right now.

Last edited:

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

So Jobs, doesn't work. What about skills? Can I still do Giga Drill Breaker with a shovel?

Also, would it be possible to tweak the effects of the runes? I still feel my sphincter complain about that time I used the water rune to mine obsidian.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

mcMMO still works, so the abilities still work. Runes aren't customizable on my end. A lot of them change depending on what blocks you use to make it.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

mcMMO still works, so the abilities still work. Runes aren't customizable on my end. A lot of them change depending on what blocks you use to make it.
Yeah.... I used diamond. Not worth it.