What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Hm. So can anyone just join in here? I'd really like to share my works, for once. What's the point of having an absolutely bitching castle if nobody can see it?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah anyone can join in. Some of us have already built homes and such, you'll fine mine near Pie's beacon (you can't miss the beacon), my house is the wooden hut. Currently I'm stockpiling wool and dye for a project I'm going to be working on.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

A couple updates. We have the starting of a marketplace now and I've set up a slot machine. $20 a spin! You could win Cake!

Also, the server will be down for a short while while I download Artificial Academy so that I don't lag anyone to hell with the download. I'll edit this post once it's back up again. Thanks for your patience.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, I'd prefer to be on to check this for myself, but my net's throttled for the next two days, so Minecraft won't work. Do we have a set location for the town yet? And if so, where is it? More than just that, which directions have we been expanding in? Using the crossroad over the water as the mid-point, and Pie's beacon as 'forwards' from the crossroads, which is the least-expanded-in direction?

I ask because I would like to requisition out some of the land on the world for my project. That way people will know not to build any projects of their own in a place that I will later need to modify.

Unfortunately, my project is... fairly large. 4608 x 5376 x 127 in blocks to be precise; a 3,146,121,216 block area. (And that might be an underestimation of its actual length.)
Now, I'm not going to modify all of the blocks in that area, and this is considering the totality of the project - there are several sub-projects within that area which will be considerably faster to complete. Still, I don't expect it to be completed any time soon, not doing it by myself anyway. And nor do I mind if it doesn’t work out - it's more about the trying than succeeding in this case, and I'd like to see how far I could manage to get.

But enough about that - back to the topic at hand. Given the ridiculous size of the project, other players might be adverse to me placing it on the map at all. (Note that you can still harvest from trees, mountains and natural caves on the surface of the area I requisition - I don't need those things. Just don't build anything that you can't afford to lose.) If this is the case, given the new mod features which allow for multiple worlds connected together in multiplayer, I could instead attempt to make the project on a separate map. I am averse to doing so, however.

If I am to do it on a different map, it will have no real connection to ULMF, and I personally would rather that it was directly connected to ULMF. (Even though the project itself does not relate to ULMF in any way.) It also means that I might as well create the map in single player and then have it uploaded to multiplayer; after all, if my project is a whole-nother map, the only person who would be in it while online would be me. As much as I think of this as a seecret project that I don't want people interfering with, I do intend to ask some people if they would like to help on it - and I also like the allure of giving people the chance to find my project if they go looking for it, which would be impossible if it's hidden away as an entirely different world.

Still, I'm leaving it in your hands. If there's enough annoyance at the idea of loosing that much land to someone's project, I'll create it off-world.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

Not that I want to be pessimistic, but I remember travelling 'backwards' as well as 'rightwards', there's not much there besides random land with some water/islands (haven't checked there for about 24-36 hours though). And I travelled roughly 1.3k rightwards and around 900 backwards. Knowing how much land that is, and that your project requires roughly 5 times the size, I feel as if it's a bit too big.
I know there's one or two zombie spawners backwards, as well as a decently sized desert. Rightwards also had a smaller desert and I digged into a cave system at the very end there. I haven't scouted out forwards and leftwards yet as I've gotten distracted all the time.
Unsure if rightwards isn't backwards and vice-versa though.

Though, since we do have runecraft active, it's not impossible for you to simply run off a good 5-6k blocks into a direction and make your project there, using waypoints and teleporters to get around (if you want ofc.). Other than that, there's always the Nether, which is very safe and harmonic. :p

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, I plan to make use of teleporters, the home command, and basically anything else the mods have to offer. A bit cheap of me really seeing as it's not exactly going by the bounds of the game's rules, but never mind. And also, as I said, I don’t expect the project to be done - certainly not by myself, probably not with the help of others either. However, as maiko can attest, I did get a decent amount done on the previous server before it went down.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I believe we set up town around where Pie's beacon is. I think anyway. I came off Minecraft when everyone was setting up the marketplace, so I assumed where the marketplace was going was where the town would be too.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Gotta say, having just spent a few hours digging a puny 1x2 600 meter tunnel and being delayed no end by lava, mobs and distracting ores, doing whatever your planning sounds pretty damn ambitious.

In addition to way points and teleporters, there is also the option of running off in the nether and building another portal to find a further away location and have a degree of alternative access to it. I don't know what our local nether scape is like yet, but I have been pondering the idea of building some road ways down there.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I don't know what our local nether scape is like yet, but I have been pondering the idea of building some road ways down there.
ARE YOU MAD?!

I'm not setting foot in that hell hole, though I'll happily trade with those that bring back any excess goodies from there.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

ironicaly i said the same thing about france.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Perhaps, perhaps. I've actually managed to avoid dying at all so far, despite falling in lava and hunting trips. Regardless though, I wanna build a highway through hell. And maybe a little holiday home too.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've died countless times. Mostly due to damage lag, or me throwing myself off Aurani's tower. And there's a song pun or two in that sentence along with a meme pun, but I'll be damned if I'm the one to take the obvious route this time.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Perhaps, perhaps. I've actually managed to avoid dying at all so far, despite falling in lava and hunting trips. Regardless though, I wanna build a highway through hell. And maybe a little holiday home too.
Eh. If you just build a tunnel around it, you should be okay. After all, there is flammable material absolutely EVERYWHERE in the Nether, so you shouldn't be in danger of running out of torches.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Torches? I've got some six stacks of coal. I won't be running out of torches. But yeah, that is the plan. Enclosed tunnel. Maybe with some glass to allow for a better view. Will go dig up a desert to avoid ruining any beaches.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just wondering if anyone knows where the teleporter to Amp's map is, or if its even up yet.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I don't think it is up yet. Or at least the only portal I've seen is the Nether portal.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Server's back up.

There is a portal near the Nether portal to OAMP's world now, as well as one back, but they're not synched up, so you'll spawn some distance from the return portal. Just step through the obsidian pillars to use them.

Tell me if there's any problems anyone's found with the new world added.

Also, there's an empty portal in the Nether that I was going to use. That can be used by anyone for whatever. Dismantle it for obsidian, light it and use it as a portal, whatever.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Just a quick note, runecraft portals will not cross the world gap. Don't think it's a glitch or anything, just something we'll have to deal with.

Aurani

Unknown Squid's Husband
Reputation score

As I'm too lazy and resourceful to slap up a half dozen signs with instructions on how to utilize my acrobatics farm tower I'm posting them here. Though I suppose I could link to the wiki page, but they've proven they don't know their stuff enough to actually be quote-worthy.
For those who do not know the location of it, it's directly south (left if coming from the world intersection or w/e the name of that bridge with the portals are) of Pie's Pad/Shelter, it's an equally tall dirt pillar with platforms on it.

1. Remove any items/armour you wouldn't want to lose (Obvious, but there are bakas).

2. Sleep in the bed at the top of the tower (Optional, but will speed things up a lot, note you do not have to skip til morning, simply lie in it for a brief moment and get up). Actually, if you don't sleep in the bed you might as well go hurl yourself off a cliff as it kills the purpose of the tower.

3. Jump (or rather walk) into the holes in the middle until you die.

4. Respawn and quickly move backwards into the hole. (If you spawn with your back turned to the hole that is, note that you should respawn in the same place/direction each time). This part is the most tricky, roughly 1.5-2s after respawning you're invulnerable, the trick here is to hit the next floor before it wears off, no damage will be taken but xp is still added. Note that this sometimes fails due to lag, the moment the texture starts loading around you as you respawn is when you should move into the hole.

5. After a successful drop, keep dropping into the next holes until you die. (Do note, dying from the drop yields no xp as it would be simple to drop off the highest point in the map into a pit leading to the very bottom of it).

With higher acrobatics skill your chance of a "Roll" increases, this sucker prevents or reduces fall damage, should you roll on the "first" drop you will survive the second and thus have to drop into the third, should you roll on the second you will survive the third as well, the lava pit down there allows for a quick death.

This strategy remains the same until you get closer to lvl 500. As this takes quite a while I'll refrain from instructing further until the need arrives.

As for the herbalism farm set up below the netherportal/intersection, just sprint across the rows of sugar canes and chop down the middle parts. Please replant the canes if you chop down the bottom one.
Please refrain from using the canes you undoubtably will pick up as someone may want to sell them. (Someone like Pie who has a small sugar cane farm, or myself since it's "my" herbalism farm, yay hypocrisy)

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score