What's new

[WIP - Full] [Tsukinomizu Project] Eclipse Knight Saga (RJ01130999)

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
DLSite:
There doesn't seem to be a thread for it yet.

Here is my sixth translation, done with the help of kanji reader and online dictionaries, done on Translator++. I cannot guarantee this translation in 100% correct. But just to make it clear, this is a manual translation not an MTL.

So, I've decided to do the patch in parts again. This will take many more parts than Naedoko, since it's a much bigger game in general, but we'll see how it goes. Also, if you find any errors, or even just some weird wording that could be made better, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm trying to make this the best translation possible, because this game is worth it.

Changelog:

0.3 Release April 12/2024 for version 1.14
- Prologue, Rescue Team, Snow Country, Church, Eastern Country and Beach Chapters Completed.
- 3 H-Scenes Translated
- 7 Mini-Scenes Translated
- 20 Weapons Translated
- 23 Items Translated
- 42 Armors Translated
- 70 Active Messages Translated, spread across 34 maps.
- 7 Images Translated (Credit to KaraKaraWitch for the image editing and proofreading)

0.2 Release February 27/2024 for version 1.14
- Prologue, Rescue Team, Snow Country and Church Chapters Completed.
- 2 H-Scenes Translated
- 2 Mini-Scenes Translated
- 16 Weapons Translated
- 18 Items Translated
- 36 Armors Translated
- 37 Active Messages Translated, spread across 24 maps.
- 7 Images Translated (Credit to KaraKaraWitch for the image editing and proofreading)

0.1 First Release January 20/2024 for version 1.12
- Prologue and Rescue Team Chapters Completed.
- 1 H-Scene Translated
- 12 Weapons Translated
- 8 Items Translated
- 22 Armors Translated
- 20 Active Messages Translated, spread across 12 maps.

Patch is linked at the end.

Patch instructions:
0 - If you don't have a Data folder, you'll need to start by decrypting the game's files, as taught by other tutorials.
1 - Extract the files.
2 - Move the www folder into the main game folder. Mix folders and ovewrite.

The images translated are the title screen, warning screen, the details for the 4 difficulties and the logo that shows up at the end of the prologue. There are many things I had to use the engine to translate, so many that I decided it would be best not to clog this first post with all that information, so my next post in this thread will be talking about such things (and I'll edit it as I go along). So, here's the download link for the patch:

Last edited:
OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
So, what exactly did I have to go in-engine for?

First, there's the active messages (the text floating above characters), which are inserted via comments in events, so they couldn't be translated normally. As of now there are 70 Active messages, spread over 34 different maps. There's also an event in Anita's chapter that features two characters you may or may not already know the names of depending on whether you did two other chapters first. Because of this, rather than making two different sets of dialogue for each option, the game instead sets the characters' names into variables which are used to display the names in dialogue. The names set are generic ones if you haven't learned their names and their actual names if you have. Events that set variables can't be affected by Translator++ either, so I had to use the engine for those.

And then there's the Plugins. I've altered 9 of them so far (and learned the hard way that plugin settings are stored in the plugins javascript file, not the plugin files themselves). 8 of them are for translating things in the interface, like the option menu for Current Goal. The ninth is special, and requires additional explaining: Normally, when you get an item, weapon or armor, you get a popup that shows the second line of the description of said object. This works in japanese since the second line is always just the attributes of the object, but in the translation, the description often bleeds into the second line, which results in a wrong-looking popup that has a cut off bit of description followed by the attributes. I initially changed things to make it show both lines instead, but that rendered the popups far too large and cumbersome, specially when you get multiple items at once, so I decided to alter the GetInformation plugin to just show the name and number of the item gained. And as of version 0.3, I have also translated things in the GetInformation plugin, so it's no longer just other changes.

Another interesting thing was the Master Volume plugin. I initially didn't think it could be the one I needed to change because the plugin settings said the name of the option was Master Volume, already in english, while the relevant option was in japanese in game. But I couldn't find anywhere else that option could be, so I went into the plugin, deleted the Master Volume text, wrote Master Volume again and saved, and that did change the text in the options menu. I have nowhere near the amount of javascript knowledge needed to be able to give an explanation for that bizarre interaction.

Last edited:

Gummiel

Reputation score
Heh, sounds like you had some "fun" experiences with JS there... Yeah JS can be so weird at times... Why the RPGM devs thought a WEB language, was a good idea to make a game engine out of is still(and always will be) beyond me... It is just such a stupid idea

Anyway really looking forward to this, love Tsukinomizu games (though I like the Naedoko ones a bit better, just personal preference and all that, really hope they make a new one of that type soon)

KaraKaraWitch

Reputation score
Another interesting thing was the Master Volume plugin. I initially didn't think it could be the one I needed to change because the plugin settings said the name of the option was Master Volume, already in english, while the relevant option was in japanese in game. But I couldn't find anywhere else that option could be, so I went into the plugin, deleted the Master Volume text, wrote Master Volume again and saved, and that did change the text in the options menu. I have nowhere near the amount of javascript knowledge needed to be able to give an explanation for that bizarre interaction.
I ran into the issue before. Found out that if you change the locale in system.json, it will switch to the english translation instead.

DLSite:
There doesn't seem to be a thread for it yet.

Here is my sixth translation, done with the help of kanji reader and online dictionaries, done on Translator++. I cannot guarantee this translation in 100% correct. But just to make it clear, this is a manual translation not an MTL.

So, I've decided to do the patch in parts again. This will take many more parts than Naedoko, since it's a much bigger game in general, but we'll see how it goes. Also, if you find any errors, or even just some weird wording that could be made better, don't hesitate to tell me. I'm trying to make this the best translation possible, because this game is worth it.

Changelog:

0.1 First Release January 20/2022 for version 1.12
- Prologue and Rescue Team Chapters Completed.
- 1 H-Scene Translated
- 12 Weapons Translated
- 8 Items Translated
- 22 Armors Translated
- 7 Images Translated (Credit to Miyato17563 for the image editing and proofreading)

Patch is linked at the end.

Patch instructions:
0 - If you don't have a Data folder, you'll need to start by decrypting the game's files, as taught by other tutorials.
1 - Extract the files.
2 - Use RPGMakerTrans, targeting the RPGMKTRANSPATCH.
3 - Afterwards, copy the folders in the Post-Patch Files folder to the translated game's main folder (The one with the executable). Mix folders and overwrite.

The images translated are the title screen, warning screen, the details for the 4 difficulties and the logo that shows up at the end of the prologue. There are many things I had to use the engine to translate, so many that I decided it would be best not to clog this first post with all that information, so my next post in this thread will be talking about such things (and I'll edit it as I go along). So, here's the download link for the patch:

Tried downloading the patch but mediafire blocked the link XD. Mega, pixeldrain or google drive would work in a pinch.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Tried downloading the patch but mediafire blocked the link XD. Mega, pixeldrain or google drive would work in a pinch.
Mediafire has ULMF blacklisted, and therefore you cannot click hyperlinks to them here. You must manually copy and paste the link to your address bar. There is nothing wrong with the link itself.

KaraKaraWitch

Reputation score
Mediafire has ULMF blacklisted, and therefore you cannot click hyperlinks to them here. You must manually copy and paste the link to your address bar. There is nothing wrong with the link itself.
Ah I see. Copied the link and it works. Thanks. I recall reading about it on ULMF but completely forgotten about it.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
So, just a small update. I plan on translating two more chapters for the next update, and for no reason in particular I decided to do the chapters left to right, so the next ones will be Eleanor and Sonia's chapters. Today I finished the initial events for Eleanor's chapter, along with the character statuses and equipment, so I just need to do the skills as well as the text in the initial village before I get to actual gameplay. Should be able to knock all that out tomorrow.

KaraKaraWitch

Reputation score
So, just a small update. I plan on translating two more chapters for the next update, and for no reason in particular I decided to do the chapters left to right, so the next ones will be Eleanor and Sonia's chapters. Today I finished the initial events for Eleanor's chapter, along with the character statuses and equipment, so I just need to do the skills as well as the text in the initial village before I get to actual gameplay. Should be able to knock all that out tomorrow.
Been looking at the current TL and seeing how to reword sentences (Overall the quality "Is fine". But can be overly direct to the point of confusion). I'll post an revised version once I'm satisfied.

Mediafire link was taken down
Open new tab, copy past link there.

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
I would like to point out that this use RPG Maker MV, so not quite the same steps/way as the older RPG Maker.

blither

Reputation score
Been looking at the current TL and seeing how to reword sentences (Overall the quality "Is fine". But can be overly direct to the point of confusion). I'll post an revised version once I'm satisfied.

Open new tab, copy past link there.
I did, TOS violation

blither

Reputation score
Right click on link > Copy link > open a new tab > paste link in the address bar of the new tab.
Edit: you might need to clear cache/cookies too.
Thanks, some weird issue with firefox, even after deleting cache and closing still a no go. Chrome worked.

KaraKaraWitch

Reputation score
Initial proofreading notes / corrections. I'll have a list of dialogues later.

Wording notes:
These are nitpicks. Mainly some grammar rewording would be nice to fix stuff.
Title Screen & Settings
- Consider changing "Option" to "Options" / "Settings"
- Consider changing "Command Remember" to "Remember Command"
- To fix the text "PadConfig" in the settings menu, search for:
`"commandName":"PadConfig","keyconfigCommandName":"KeyConfig"`
in the plugins.js file.

There's a maid in the prologue which she says: "I took the dishes". Consider changing it to "I cleared the dishes"

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Wondering if the recent updates will mess with anything.
I've been translating the game ever since it came out, migrating my translation to every new version as it was released, since Translator++ makes it a fairly simple matter. No need to worry about that,

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Progress Update:

Today I have finished translating Eleanor's chapter and began Sonia's chapter. Her chapter seems to be small, so my current prediction is that I'll be able to finish it and release the second partial by early march.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
And here it is, patch version 0.2. The link is in the initial post. I have a few fun facts to talk about regarding this patch:
First, there were actually two things that should have been translated in the first patch but weren't. They're translated now. The first is the dialogue you get after losing a normal fight in Anita's chapter (I didn't expect there would be unique dialogue for that, and you pretty much need to be intentionally trying to lose in order to get it). The second is a set of three options you get if you lose against the final boss of Anita's chapter (it didn't have any dialogue like what you get when losing to the first boss, so I didn't realize there was anything new there).

Next there's Sonia's chapter. It is pretty unique, having absolutely no normal fights nor any active messages (so the new ones for this patch were all in Eleanor's chapter). The chapter is based upon fights against six different bosses you can take on any order*. And there's not only unique dialogue for losing to each of those six, but also for challenging them again after a loss(since it doesn't result in game over) and for losing a second time, for all six of them. And some of that dialogue is pretty fun, there's one where Sonia's just lost to eletrocution a second time and goes "This might become a habit...", which I really, really wanted to translate as "I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me..." but it didn't quite fit with the circumstances. There's also some dialogue where Sonia talks about her romantic preferences and it becomes clear that she's the type who's weak to begging.

Still on the topic of Sonia's chapter, there's two other things of note: A piece of dialogue in one of the fights that actually changes depending on whether you did the boss as one of your first two or one of the last four. I'm thinking it might have been a mistake and was supposed to be different dialogue only if she was the first, but the lines are pretty generic, so I couldn't be sure of that (if one of them said "one down, five to go" or something like that, I would know for sure it was a mistake). And then there's also a super secret weapon you can get (it can be bought during the main game if you don't get it in Sonia's chapter, but the fact that it can be gotten in that chapter is the secret part).

Anyway, I already spoke far too much. Please enjoy the patch.