What's new

Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Kaila not in good mood. Not in good mood at all. And all she wanted to do was make this a special day for Ventus and Dasyra. And instead now she's got a new enemy and tons to fix.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmn. Well you kinda started off with an enemyesque situation, but we'll see. I'll propably let blue respond, give mindflayer a chance to respond, then move the story along, see how the player interactions do after a little shaking up. ^^

Zilrax

Reputation score

Hopefully after a rest, cus Kaila's kinda low on spells right now so I'll be playing high level commoner probably.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hopefully after a rest, cus Kaila's kinda low on spells right now so I'll be playing high level commoner probably.
I'm a DM, you're all high level commoners to me, mwhahaahahaa

err.. yes, rest. sure.

Zilrax

Reputation score

I mean I do have a few spells left. But they're almost entirely defensive.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hoping to get a post through today. Last night I ran into technical difficulties.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hoping to get a post through today. Last night I ran into technical difficulties.
nuuuuh.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Not profession cook?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Not profession cook?
-2 penalty close skill substitution, as Kailas backround doesn't lend itself to extensive experience with elven or undead wedding receptions. To simplify: Just because you can make a mean salad from your work of 3 years as a cook in an elven commune doesn't mean dwarfs are gonna like it.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well it's just there is no craft cook. If there was I woulda took it instead. And could I not roll knowledge Local/Religion to negate the penalty, since she might well be familiar despite her background.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well it's just there is no craft cook. If there was I woulda took it instead. And could I not roll knowledge Local/Religion to negate the penalty, since she might well be familiar despite her background.
Wrong, craft skills, same as profession skills only have a recommended list. I could have craft: Pinatas and profession: Taxodermist and do some really messed up things with slain enemies.

DC is 25 religion due to obscure knowledge, will negate 2 points of the penalty, however, now its a -4 penalty for turning this into an actual issue, I literally just want you to roll up something so I can give you a 2-3 sentence response on how much everyone did or did not like their meal laters.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well it's along the lines of what do my skills do or don't do then :p So it kinda matters. It's the diffrence of do I have +6 or +13 to a check. And A matter of what my character does or does not know. It's why we have knowledge skills at all to determine what a character knows. Because there is the chance they've heard something or seen something so we have these skills so we don't have to write 26 years worth of background to decide what a character does or does not know.

So it does matter.

25 on the dot for Know Religion

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, if it matters to you: Craft makes something specific, profession makes something general. A wedding feast for a noble clientele (Considering her knightly backround Ventus can be qualified as lesser noble) requires a more specific check, unless your backround indicates otherwise and backround is more than just written things, for example if she was a half-elf I'd let it slide.

Some people like writing 26 years worth of backround, trust me, I've seen them. I'm more of the camp that I know very exactly what my character would or wouldn't have experience in if it comes up, for example, Xirce makes a muderous chilli out of own enjoyment of the taste but is too lazy for most other recipes, Ventus would get all cooking wrong due to lack of practice.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, Underdark Dasyra update done. Going out with friends for Friday evening, but will be back after that and write for the other threads.

Dasyra is happy to dress up in something that Ventus' finds attractive. She won't object to something slutty, but nor would she object to something traditional/romantic either. It's up to how Ventus wants to display her to the rest of the party, I guess.

She will totally braid Ventus' hair in fancy ways, too.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

More will be revealed in a larger post I plan to make the action move along. Vel and Lena can continue lewdities in a time-bubble, but I want things to move on a bit.
Braid dat hair hard!

Also.. woo! Do piratey responses! Have fun going out too though!

Aww.. no responses..

I'll just imagine you did with all npcs having dialogue like sexual lobster:

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are we still going to be able to have some communication between everyone in the party? And will we be able to role play through the wedding meal that Kaila has been trying to serve?

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are we still going to be able to have some communication between everyone in the party? And will we be able to role play through the wedding meal that Kaila has been trying to serve?
I intend to fast forward past the meal, why?

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Seems like it would step over something that Zilrax has been trying to do since the party arrived at Everfrost. Would be a shame to not acknowledge it in some way. I was going to have Dasyra warm to Kaila for making the effort.

I guess it depends on how far past it you were intending to go.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, I'll keep it in mind.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cool.

I figured SOMEBODY in the group ought to appreciate Kaila. And Dasyra seemed like a good option to keep things semi cohesive.

I haven't much clue how the relationship with Lior and Ventus will go.