Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

*chuckles* Bag of holdings are fun rp tools, can create some issues, but mostly I think they are fun. If any issues arise, I shall deal with 'em. I like to have my bags/holes outfitted as holiday resorts in high end campaigns. Nothing beats climbing down into your own personal hole to be greeted and served a chilled drink by your butler.

'Though adventure M'lady?' "Yeah, Damn gnoll priests summoning some nonsense, bring me my anti-demon gear"
'At once M'lady.'

But then again, I'm the kinda person that uses timestop to kiss an aspect of Lolth and not the spider aspect if you catch my drift.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

I wrote up a long post then deleted it because I doubt it really matters anyways. I've stated repeatedly I don't have an issue with things being changed. If my intent isn't clear, I apologize but I don't think I can get much clearer than saying I don't have a problem with it.

Regardless, I'll be keeping out of any discussions or questions in the ooc from now on. I know myself well enough to know I'd want to discuss things or compare ideas and it'd only end up upsetting Pervy so I may as well avoid the temptation entirely. Unless specifically addressed, I'll keep it to myself.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have a feeling you simply enjoy discussing these things in the same way I enjoy going on Flat earther forums sometimes and arguing with them for the lols, that said, I don't come here to discuss the intricacies of D&D rules, I come here for lewd and interesting storytelling (besides, the discussingh would be stupid, because I'm sure we all can agree that 'beautiful' or 'flawless' are among those adjectives that have a restraining order against the rules of D&D in any edition.)

That said, the answer to most entrappings of rules in D&D is 'ask your DM' for a reason, because even if I say 'it works like X' doesn't mean another interpretes it the same way. Accept that and accept that I'm the one interpreting things for you here, and we have no problem. No rule can account for human creativity and, Zilrax, no rule should restrict it either. That is not to say we don't need a well defined framework, that is to say, this framework is for the players to use as a starting point. Not one campaign is alike if you change its players around and thats the beauty of it, we are creating a dynamic, never before seen story by working together.. If we work against each other, all it does is slow things down to a halt.

Zilrax

Reputation score

I'm not working against you though. I can't say, you all must do as I say now. I mean, I can, but I'm not the dm. I simply am stating the base framework. And we have two new players. They don't know the base framework. So if nobody points it out, we can't be on the same level.

And I personally think most the time we're talking about two different things and we just end up intersecting and arguing but can become nothing but frustrated because we're not starting in the same place. It's like two blind men trying to describe an elephant to each other, touching the opposite sides of the elephant. I talk primarily from the baseline, and you seem to be from what I can tell, talking from how you run things. And then you interpret me as saying your rules are wrong, and I interpret you as saying that your rules are the baseline. And then we argue.

I say paladin code does not, as a baseline, include redemption in it. You say in your rules, this part of it includes redemption. I think you're saying this is clearly intended across all games. You think me saying it's not there is an attempt to say your decision is wrong because of the rules.

At least, that's how I think this keeps happening. If I'm wrong well... It doesn't matter because I'm still not getting involved in any more discussions after this unless purposely addressed.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Yeah, sorry, it's slowly being built up. I'll make a few edits to include yours as I work. I got to do Lena and Vel in the same post so it's taking a bit heh.

Incidently Kaila can't summon a Hezrou yet so Xirce might need to do it. hopefully a variant.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Well if we're going to go with ridiculously potent demons beyond Kaila's ability to summon, why not go for a Woundwyrm or a Seraptis or hell, a unique named demon like the Fulsome Queen.

Kaila wouldn't mind looking like that incidently, course I suspect Lior might not be in charge if Kaila ends up like that heh.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think that there is a deliberate attempt to antagonise. But indirectly it's been taken this way. I don't think either side in these arguments are doing the group more good than harm.

Personally I switch off whenever a post in the ooc thread becomes a series of essays on build strategies. I prefer this space to be about what's going on currently not what might happen in two years of playing or in a theoretical campaign that has nothing to do with our characters.

I'd like it if we could tie our rules questions to what is relevant to our IC thread and try not to delve into theory craft. It annoys some of us and sparks bad feelings.

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well if we're going to go with ridiculously potent demons beyond Kaila's ability to summon, why not go for a Woundwyrm or a Seraptis or hell, a unique named demon like the Fulsome Queen.

Kaila wouldn't mind looking like that incidently, course I suspect Lior might not be in charge if Kaila ends up like that heh.
I was only poking fun, didn't mean anything by it. Though that demon does look quite the potent mistress I have to say. Lior under that creature would be quite the deplorable minion.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Oh I wasn't serious either, but well, who knows?

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I mean, I don't see anything wrong with a debate on the mechanics of game system, however I do tend to have a problem when I see short story length responses on very simple concepts, of which essentially says; "No, you're wrong cuz this."

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hopefully a Goristro~
Geesh, how big do you think the throneroom is.

I say paladin code does not, as a baseline, include redemption in it. You say in your rules, this part of it includes redemption.
Yes, yes alright fine, IF you only read whats written there and don't extrapolate what I feel should come logical to any DM, then theres no direct mention of redemption.

Then again, theres no mention of Futanari deathknights, Xirces summoning circle or your creatures doing what they do, just taking one glance at Vel, coincidentially, Doggie sperm is not compatible with human eggs so no breeding a mostly human aasimar, if you go by the baseline, even D&D baseline speaks of humanoid templates. So,.. no more discussion about the letter of the law as printed and baseline. Take the baseline, throw it out of the window. We're here to have fun. Thats my dming rule.

Last edited:
OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Great. I'm going for fun in a kind of.. kinda way if you know what I'm sayin'

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Had a bit of a rough week. Will be posting tomorrow night. Thank you for your patience!

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Same deal as Corruptive. Hopefully can be posting 24 hours from now... unless lack of sleep and stress catches up with me and I crash hard.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Same deal as Corruptive. Hopefully can be posting 24 hours from now... unless lack of sleep and stress catches up with me and I crash hard.
Nuuuh crashing.
Come to Ventus. she'll help you.. work off some stress. *Wiggles eyebrows*

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Avoidance coping strategies rarely work out in the long run.

Not that I don't want to. I've got a lot of fun threads to post in, just not enough hours in the day.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

They work for me, then agian, I've moved up from avoidance to transpositioning my issues on fiction, its very relaxing by proxy.