Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Translating WolfRPG games using WolfEditor

Puff, I really have no clue...

spacegodzilla

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Apologizes for the necro, but when I try to open up the editor, I get a "Failed to create empty document" error.

I copied all of the contents of the game into the WolfEditorENG folder, converted Data.wolf into a .rar archive, then extracted everything from there and put it into the "Data" folder.

My path looks like: ../WolfEditorRPG/Data/BasicData/

Anyone know what the problem might be?

EDIT:
I got it to open Game.dat by downloading version 2.10 from their website (silversecond), but it's giving me gibberish for tooltips when I hover over buttons, and I'm getting tons of question marks when I open up events and stuff.

Locale is Japanese, and I've set my current typing language to Japanese just in case because of a post on page 1, but no luck.

Last edited:

batman21

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Am trying to play a game whose in data.wolf and a soon as i press play it shows this
Capture.PNG
someone help meh pls

PrivacyPls

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wanted to make a few quick partials but whenever I open the editor, all the options except "Load Map" and the "Help" topics are greyed out, like so:

imgur.com/4SLcOf7

any idea how to fix this?

System locale is set to japanese and data.wolf IS extracted.

When I try loading a map nothing happens, all options remain grey

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

can someone give link for latest translated WOLF Editor ?
kR1pt0n1t3 goes away because certain bastard and liars (which already banned, I check that jerk post and all his word filled with lie, he start his entrance in ULMF by providing FAKE PREMIUM LINK) ...

and I want to fill kR1pt0n1t3 spot (I hope kR1pt0n1t3 will comes back someday) ...

Last edited:

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, I'm out of time since at Monday I back to work ...
so my access to ULMF will be ... well ... can't access it ...

if someone can provide latest translated English WOLF Editor program, please PM me ...
also if anyone want to contact (learn how to translate), PM me ...
(or PM other senior translator, it will be better since I can't answer soon)

I also tried to make certain translation project my own (tough it might crash to other) ... also I tried to access ULMF next month or 2 month latter ...

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Sorry for the necro but I am SO confused right now, I downloaded the modified Wolf RPG Editor from this thread and no matter what I did I always got a bunch of errors. Also I couldn't seem to find any events to translate but I did find what looked to be city and character names. Now I went and downloaded what should be the exact same Editor and I opened them side by side since the new one opened right up with no errors so that I could copy my translation so far. The problem is everything in the new Editor was different, the first user tab was a different layout and now the EV tab is slam full of what looks to be events but it has less than what your modified version has. My question is did the new editor actually open the real game files and I have been translating the wrong stuff this entire time, or is your modified version a totally different layout for the User tabs and such?

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

if someone can provide latest translated English WOLF Editor program, please PM me ...
Hmm... I'm seconding this one! If somebody think they have a updated copy.. do tell me about it too!

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This is the last one I downloaded and it looks like the most recent but I cant tell if I am actually seeing game files or something else with it because I cant be sure what the file order should be. Here is the link:

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is the last one I downloaded and it looks like the most recent but I cant tell if I am actually seeing game files or something else with it because I cant be sure what the file order should be. Here is the link:
Huh, that one worked. Thanks for the share.
I was translating it myself, and then my hard drive just said :
"Screw you, im calling it quits".
It crashed and i lost all my partials and other works. Luckly most if not all partials was on my mega account so.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Not a problem, can someone tell me how my game folder should look please? I'm trying to translate a game and I cant figure out if I need to make a Data file and drop the whole wolf editor into that or what.

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hmm.. it somewhat works.. but I'm facing some problems. I managed to extract the data and open it with the editor.exe. I can see the databases, variables, terms to translate etc...

But when i initially open the editor.exe, I got a warning that EditorGraphic.dat cannot be found.

It also seems that I can't rely on the extracted data.wolf folder to run the game. I renamed the original data.wolf folder and tried to use the extracted data.wolf folder, but the game couldn't run due to errors.

Yugifan3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Which one are you trying to edit?

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This game:

ULMF link: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=25794

It looks interesting and I wanted to try for a full translation. I'm a sucker for brothel games.

Problem is when I open it in Wolf Editor I dont see anything that looks like it belongs in the game. When I try to translate lines all the translation is seems to be descriptions of what a programmer should use the space for. Cant find events, character names, or any kind of skills.

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Mmm.. this is puzzling. I tried downloading another arc_conv for testing and it didn't work out.

I tried to revert everything as to how they were before and the previous error is gone and suddenly everything looks fine for editing.

...I still couldn't run the game base on the extracted data though.. and this sounds like a major problem to me..

Argh.. I need a break. Maybe I will try to make it work again later.

Edited: Oh.. I got it to work!! I was naming the data file wrong all along... should be renaming it to "Data" instead.

Last edited:

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah I tried that but I still dont get anything that looks like its part of the game.

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Bump!

I'm currently working on a translation, and I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to translate the Save/Load screens? I know where to look in RPGMaker, but with WolfEditor I'm not sure where these strings are hiding. There are also two Japanese strings in the titlebar, which refer to the function keys. Not sure how to get at these either, and any help is appreciated!

Konb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I saw this the other day if it helps.
hxxp://vgperson.tumblr.com/post/58450838593/how-to-translate-wolf-rpg-editor-games

Etory

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm currently working on a translation, and I was wondering if anyone has ever been able to translate the Save/Load screens? I know where to look in RPGMaker, but with WolfEditor I'm not sure where these strings are hiding.
Here's something I found elsewhere on the net that was helpful to me. Sadly can't link to give credit, however.

After spending hours trying to find certain system messages to translate, I finally found them all. I will also be using this post as a reference for any future Wolf RPG Editor games I translate.

“System config” screen: All messages are found in common event 95: X[移]システム画面描画. All except one of the texts are easy to locate because they use the variable CSelf6[付与文字列] and for the explanations, use the variable CSelf5[説明文]. The one exception (and this makes it quite difficult to find), is the “システム設定” on the top, which simply uses the variable CSelf21[一時ピクチャ番号], and is found a little below the ウィンドウ comment.

“No data” for empty save slots: Found in common event 94: X[移]セーブ・ロード画面描画. It is halfway down the page, it uses the variable CSelf6[付与文字列], and is found below the comment that reads, セーブデータが存在しない場合は「データがありません」

“Remove equipment” selection on the equipment screen: Found in common event 112 X[移]装備一覧算出. It is all the way on the bottom, and they use variables from another database. They are found right below the comment that reads, 最後に「装備を外す」を追加

“Cannot remove equipment” when selecting equipment that cannot be removed: Found in common event 109 X[移]装備欄_選択実行. There are three relevant messages in this common event, and there, it is passed as a parameter to a call to common event 101.

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

anyone can help?

i tried to make a partial for a wolf game using the wolfeditorE 2.10

but whenever i try to copy the text on the editor for the TA to translate

the text becomes gibberish

[￾UŒ‚] <--- the text becomes like this when i copy it.. i pasted it on notepad

my desktop is already on japanese locale

this happens to all wolf rpg games i try to translate