Thou Art a Knight (Astarte) GM'd by Hafnium

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Thou Art a Knight (Astarte) GM'd by Hafnium

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, 9/30 TP, Checking out Abla's Sword

Farah wouldn't offer much more than a nearly imperceptible nod at Lyra's remarks before she was off.

"I brought them with me!" The blacksmith didn't say duh as she replied to the knight's acted exasperation but it was there in spirit. She would nudge a brown leather roll laying on the ground next to her with her foot to draw Lyra's attention to it. "Figured you'd need to run off and rest and reorganize after your summoning, so it was easiest just to bring it along and show you before you were off. First though, I got you a gift! No strings attached. Well, except the string attached to it." The blacksmith would fish into her pocket and produce a polished stone no bigger or rounder than the last digit of Lyra's index finger. It had a rune etched into either side and a piece of sturdy twine woven through a small hole in the middle.

"It's a recall stone! It's not as powerful as other methods of teleporting, but that means it requires a lot less energy to recharge after each use. Farah said it's like a summoning in reverse. When you activate it, it'll send a magical signal to a big anchor stone which will call you to it. The signal takes time though, so don't rely on it to get you out of somewhere in less than a minute. The anchor is about ten minutes away from here and it'll summon any faerie or demon who activates it, maybe even other magical races, so be really careful not to lose it!" Holding the stone by its string, the blacksmith offered it to the knight.

Once the knight had taken the stone, Abla would eagerly drop to her knees and unfurl the leather roll. "Now onto the fun part!" Unsurprisingly, the first thing she pulled out to show Lyra was the sword. The faerie craftsman would pull it from its place in the roll and practically bound to her feet. She presented the blade in both hands for the knight to admire and eventually pick up. Abla was uncharacteristically silent as she waited for Lyra to take in her work.

The sword turned out to be a broadsword extremely similar in shape to the knight's own weapon. As Abla had noted, the blade was made of glass. What the blacksmith hadn't noted was the amount of effort put at making the glass functional as a blade. In addition to the sidhe's aesthetic enchants, it had been worked over with spells at least a dozen times to make it as hard and flexible as steel. It would bend against incoming strikes while parrying and cut without risk of cracking or chipping. It was still clearly glass though, and so well worked and cleaned that Lyra could barely spy the outlines of it, and might not have been able to see the blade at all if not for where it laid on Abla's hand. Anybody faced against it would have a terrible time guessing at the reach of its deadly edge. In contrast, the handle had not been designed to grab much attention. The crossguard was a slender bar of silver and its scent stopper pommel was made of the same, both worked with magics for resilience similar to the glass blade. The handle was made of carved white oak and treated with an oil which enhanced its bright color.

"Go ahead! Pick it up and give it a swing," she would prompt the knight. If Lyra took Abla's offer, she would find that the weapon handled easier than her bronze sword. The use of glass and enchanting meant that the blade was light and most of the weight was in the hilt in her hand. It gave the sword a sort of mobility usually reserved for daggers or rapiers. And when she swung it through the air it revealed its true beauty. Fire danced through the glass, leaving an arc of heat and flame hanging in the path her slash had taken. Every cut and thrust left more patterns in the air, and with a bit of quickness she could leave drawings made from the sword's movements for all to see. In a dance it would catch the audience's eyes and in battle it would likely distract and overwhelm her opponent as she maneuvered for a killing blow. "So, what do you think?"

Once Lyra had given her verdict on the weapon, the blacksmith would present the dreaded outfit. It might, however, prove to be less worrying than the knight had feared. The worst of it was the top. It was more bra than shirt, made out of white silk with curious pieces of translucent fringe decorating it and hanging from it. Wearing it would mean revealing almost all of her torso, the entirety of her arms, and put her cleavage on display too. The pants, on the other hand, proved to be almost modest. Made out of white silk and cut to ankle-length, they were loose, flowing, and entirely functional for martial arts. The biggest impropriety about the bottoms was the presence of a slender translucent strip on either side running from foot to hip which would allow a glimpse of the sides of her legs. A more involved inspection would quickly reveal that those thin windows were made out of the same material as the fringe. The final item Abla would provide was a pair of modest black shorts to wear beneath the outfit.

"You should try it on," the blacksmith would insist. "It's hard to show you why I'm so excited otherwise!"

Lyra may take:
Recall Stone. Has a 2 EP pool and for 2 EP can be channeled for 1 minute (off the top of my head I think this is 12 rounds in combat?) in order to summon Lyra to the anchor stone near the oasis.

Abla's Glass Sword: (+3 attack) 2d6 + 1d8 fire + Body/2 + 3 damage. (Extra stats from 1d8 fire damage enchant, +2/+2 attack/dmg enchant, and perfect weighting). Extra effect: When doing a performance which includes the sword, the wielder may reroll one failed trade die.

Sword Dancer's White Silken Garb: AV = 8, EV = 0, TP = 25, DU = 1. Extra effect: When doing a dance-based performance while wearing the outfit, the wielder may reroll one failed trade die.

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"See? So impatient," Lyra joked again, but she was quick to turn her attention to the package Abla had brought with her. What the blacksmith showed her first though was perhaps even more useful, though. Abla was understandably less excited about it that showing off her own work, but the recall stone solved all of the issues Lyra had been worrying about regarding her travel times.

"Thanks you, this will make everything a lot easier." Lyra took the stone and examined it for a moment before slipping it around her neck. She'd had some ideas of how to solve the travel problem herself, but this was a much simpler solution than what she'd had in mind. Sh knew that wasn't what Abla really wanted her to see, though.

Taking the sword, Lyra was immediately impressed with it. Despite the unorthodox material, everything felt fully functional to her initial tests. not just a showpiece for performance as she had suspected it might be from Abla's initial description. She could tell that it was heavily enchanted, significant effort made to ensure that it would be fully functional as a blade as well. The blade itself was almost entirely transparent, an advantage she wasn't sure Abla understood the significance of, while also considerably lighter than the bronze blade she was currently using despite the similar size. From the guard down it was a fairly simple design, but elegant all the same.

"Impressive. I'd never have expected that such materials could be made into a proper blade like this." Lyra stated simply, though it was obvious that she wasn't done with it yet. She took a few simple swings first, altering the angle and force each time, before moving into a more intricate series of strikes. She watched the trail of fire left with each swing of the blade, the aftereffects combined with the near invisibility of the blade disorienting even to her as the one wielding it. It was a beautiful display though, her mind already coming up with a dozen different ways she could take advantage of its unique properties when she performed with it.

She broke into a short segment from one of her recent dances, one still fresh in her mind. She stumbled a little near the end, overcompensating for the weight of the sword compared to what she was used to, but it was enough for her to get a good feel for the blade. "This weight will take some practise to get used to, a different sort of balance with such a light blade..." She mused for a moment, before remembering that Abla was still watching, and waiting to hear her thoughts. "The effect is lovely, and the blade itself is very impressive too. I'll need to get used to the balance of it, but you've really outdone yourself this time."

That only left the matter of the outfit, which Lyra had been silently dreading. Upon seeing it though, she was pleasantly surprised given Abla's comments before she'd made the offer. It was certainly much bolder than her usual choice of outfit, leaving her bare from the waist up aside from the small top, which served only to mostly cover her breasts and not much else from the look of it. The pants were more of a surprise, looking perfectly suitable for martial arts, if a bit more showy. The odd translucent section was the only exception, but altogether it was more modest than she could have hoped for.

"Ah, yes. Just give me a moment to change then," Lyra replied to Abla's suggestion that she try it on, passing the sword back to the blacksmith and gathering up the clothes. With that done it was only a matter of finding somewhere to change. While she was still a faerie, and used to a much lower standard of modesty than a human might be, she still preferred to change in relative privacy when possible—or at least somewhere nobody could look too closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Wary of Bush Satyrs

Note: Faeriegold Plate Armor is at 9/30 TP

The blacksmith started to clap at the end of Lyra's impromptu performance, but stopped abruptly allowing the sidhe warrior her vocal musings. Abla's grin stretched practically from ear to ear as the knight moved on to compliment her work. "Yay! Praise me, praise me!" For a moment it seemed like Lyra might get another crushing hug, though with the nearly invisible sword in hand the blacksmith apparently thought better of it. "I thought it would be more unique than another inscribed weapon made of some colored metal. I owe it to my inspirations though. I don't always understand the art that you and the other knights have chosen, but your dances are always beautiful. Like swaying candle lights..." the blacksmith trailed off.

When the subject moved to clothes, Lyra's acceptance would cause Abla to grin. But the knight choosing to take the clothes and duck behind some nearby foliage and trees in order to change in privacy elicited a different response. "Aw!" The blacksmith complained. "You're no fun!" The other sidhe woman's giggling would outweigh her mock protest, however.

As best Lyra could tell, nobody made any attempt to peek through the wall of oasis greenery as she changed. They didn't have much time anyway, as once her armor and other clothes were off she would find that for the most part the new clothes were well fit to her body and practically flowed into place. The black shorts were snug but the silk pants pulled up easily and fit perfectly around her waist. The legs were loose enough to be comfortable as casual wear and offer mobility for her performance. The top pulled loosely over her head and was snugged in place by a a series of clasps in the back. It predictably left her abdomen and arms on display and was cut low enough to leave her upper chest in the open as well, but for all its skimpiness it did at least prove supportive.

For as proud as Abla was at the knight's praise for her sword, her grin was even wider at the sight of Lyra emerging from the foliage with the clothing on display. The blacksmith would seem briefly torn between hugging the knight and applauding her, but would in the end choose to compliment her appearance with a wolf whistle. "Just like I imagined! Now, to show you why I was so excited.... Try doing a kick or a spin or something!"

If the knight complied, she would discover the purpose of the translucent materials. Every purposeful motion Lyra made would cause the material to light up with the same sort of illusory flame as the sword, although without the heat of the weapon. With the clothes on, she could make the same sort of patterns in the air with her legs and torso as she had with the glass blade. The material seemed to remain activated for a short period of time after her swifter motions as well, leaving small sparks in the air even with slower movements afterward.

"Pretty neat, huh? I can't wait to see you dance in it! But I'm sure you'd like to recuperate after your summoning today," she understandingly suggested.

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"Well, I'm glad you enjoy it." Lyra only smiled at Abla's excitement. She was flattered by the blacksmith's praise, even if it wasn't only for her. That even those who had no interest in the violent side of her art could see the beauty in what she did was comforting.

The clothes, on the other hand, made her a little less comfortable as she moved off behind some nearby plants to change. They certainly weren't as bad as she feared, but they were still considerably more revealing than her ordinary attire. She made an effort to check for anyone—especially Abla—who might try to steal a peek, but didn't spend much time on that before beginning to unfasten and remove her armour. She knew her modesty was an oddity among her kind, and she wasn't ashamed of her body or looks in any way. She could even change them, if she was.

No, what she was self-conscious about were her own reactions. She had a tendency to get a little excited knowing that people were looking at her, it was one of the reasons she enjoyed performing so much, knowing everyone was watching her. On the other hand, some things got her a little too excited, and she didn't like people seeing that side of her, or trying to take advantage of it. Fortunately, the outfit was actually quite nice to wear, she concluded after putting the whole thing on. A little more bold than she would have gone for herself, but it was comfortable and certainly well-suited to her performances. She still had the bandages wrapped around her arm to mar the look a little, but she'd be removing those before long anyway, so they wouldn't be a problem for her performance.

Lyra couldn't help but blush a little under Abla's praise and her wide smile, but she did a brief twirl at her request. Once again she was impressed at what the blacksmith had come up with, doing a few more experimental spins and kicks to test out how the illusory flames functioned. This was giving her even more things to think about, mind already thinking of ways to incorporate this into her performance.

"Yes, I'm impressed again. A little, uh... less than my usual tastes, but I like it. I've already got some ideas of what I can do with this..." Lyra trailed off, then after a moment turned a suspicious look back on Abla. "Was that part of your plan? Make me want to use this all the time with your enchantments?" She couldn't help but break into a grin again as she spoke. "You're right though, I should get some rest. And I'll need to practise, between the new outfit and the lighter sword I'll have to make sure I won't be tripping over myself. And figure out how to make use of your extras. A lot of potential there."

She was just about to go change back into her armour, but she paused as she looked at the missing arm and ruined side of it. "Hm. Should probably see about getting this fixed up too. So, what was that about payment?" She glanced back at Abla, remembering the brief conversation between her and Farah. "You know my feelings on being nude around other people. And I know you could find dozens of others here with no such issues to do your modelling. So what's this all about?"

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Being Buttered Up

"Oh no! You've uncovered my dastardly plot!" Abla melodramatically raised her hands in surrender. "I'll have to return the illusory bikini I had made for the next phase!" The blacksmith gave a wistful sigh as her arms returned to her sides. "No though, I'm afraid I wasn't thinking so far ahead. I happen to like your sense of fashion just fine even with that golden plate covering you from head to toe most of the time. It makes these chances to see you dress down a bit all the more delectable!"

"Truthfully, I can't take much credit for the outfit at all. Dalal made it," she explained. Dalal was a relatively well known nymph in the oasis. She took equal interest in spellcraft and sewing and very little in the other faeries outside of occasional dalliances. Not many years prior she'd produced a few masterwork tapestries which had ensured that several other artisans interested in needlework pursued her friendship despite her reclusive nature, often to her annoyance. "I told her what I had in mind and showed her the sword and she whipped that up in a few hours. Although, if you're really such a fan of it, I'd be happy to design and choose all your clothing from now on~" she offered an exaggerated wink.

"Weeellll..." the blacksmith began after the subject had turned to repairing Lyra's armor. Abla's brief ensuing pause might seem thoughtful or even deep, at least until she opened her mouth again. "I want to see you naked!" The unspoken spiritual duh made a return as she let her blunt explanation hang in the air. "That and I'm already thinking about my next project. I want to try something detailed with casting, or maybe carving. I know I could probably ask any nymph, goat, or sidhe to do it and have a willing model. But didn't I already tell you that you were the prettiest and most interesting faerie in the oasis?" Abla's grin shrunk into a soft smile. "Why accept anyone else if I think I've got a shot at having you as my model~?"

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"Of course. Well, it's certainly impressive work for only a few hours, at least to my eyes. I've never been any good at working with cloth." Lyra couldn't help but admire the clothing she was wearing again as she spoke. Overall, it was fairly simple, little in the way of the intricate patterns or designs that were so common among her kin, but it was still very finely made, and she had to admit that the full outfit fit her quite well. While Abla seemed hesitant to take credit and the work was Dalal's, Lyra was fairly certain that she had still been the one to come up with the idea. "I'll have to see what I think about this one once I'm done performing in it before I let you have that much control, though. Wouldn't want you to get too out of hand with this."

Abla's shameless answer to her other question took Lyra by surprise for a moment, but once she thought about it, it wasn't really too surprising. Perhaps a little heavy on the flattery, but Lyra couldn't complain about that. While she wasn't quite as expressive about it as Abla was, she couldn't help but feel proud of any praise for her art or herself—Even if she was pretty sure Abla was just trying to butter her up right now.

"Oh my, how forward!" Her reply came with a brief expression of mock surprise, but after only a few moments the facade broke again. "Really now, I'm not sure why I ask, I should have known what you were after." She shook her head slowly, still smiling. Really, she was tempted to accept, despite the offer from Farah. Being featured in the work of others was always an honour, though she'd never modelled for something nude before. Or even particularly close to it, really, she'd only ever been asked to do so for someone who was looking for the "knightly" image. "I'll think about it. You know I could just take Farah up on her offer instead..."

She let that thought hang, watching for Abla's reaction, curious to see how far she'd go to try to convince her to do this. Afterwards though, she would begin to gather up her things, not changing out of the outfit yet. She'd need to get used to wearing it anyway. "For now, I should get some rest, and do some practising. Do you mind if I take all of this now? Need to get used to using the sword, and moving in such... light clothes. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm ready to perform."

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Making Her Way Downtown.

The blacksmith's disappointment was visible at the knight's suggestion that she might look to Farah to repair her armor. "You probably should, if I'm being honest!" She cheerfully remarked, despite that. "Farah has a far better hand with armor than I. She'll be quicker and probably willing to do it for free or some smaller favor than mine. But even if you do choose to have her repair your armor, my offer still stands! I'll just owe you a favor or some payment of your choosing instead."

"Of course! I want to see you in top form for your performance. Keep them as long as you need," Abla would reply when the topic swung to the matter of the clothes and sword. "Go ahead and do what you need to do. I think I'm going to head off to the baths. I'll see you around~" The blacksmith offered as her farewell. Lyra would be free to leave and take care of any business she had. Although if she had any other words for Abla, she was just as free to share those as the blacksmith didn't head off right away, instead gathering up the leather parchment she'd kept everything in and then sitting herself down on the desert grass.

If the knight was ready to be off, she had several options. The oasis was a large place. The only reason humans hadn't stumbled upon it in enough force to colonize it was because it was protected by glamors and the occasional artificial sandstorm. It had flourished and ebbed over the years alongside the spring fae who lived around it. And the current population of the sanctuary was as large as Lyra had ever seen in her own lifetime, with some several-hundred faeries cohabiting. The main body of water was large enough to rival some Badarian lakes and several smaller pools were present off the heel of the oblong-shaped main section. Faeries incapable of transportation magic would find themselves walking for as much as half an hour to get to the other side, or needing a boat to easily cut through the middle. For that reason the faeries, for the most part, had organized almost entirely on a single side of the oasis, dotting it with workshops and areas prepared for different groups of artisans. But Lyra still might need to do a lot of walking to get everything on her list done.

If she wished to sell her goods, she could meet up with Kalila, a fawn who ran a shop about twenty minutes away from the oasis. The fawn sold spare goods to the outsiders who sometimes wandered through and would surely be willing to take Lyra's loot off of her hands. The knight could also choose to drop off her armor with Farah right away if she liked, though that would take some searching as the fae Lady often reshaped and moved her workshop depending on her needs. Dalal's hut and Abla's forge weren't so mobile and would be easier to find nor was either a long walk away, if she had any desire to visit either of the two.

If Lyra was of a mind to do some dance practice, she could return to the informal theater area where she'd watched the younger faeries dance earlier that day. It had a series of prepared, flat stages and she'd likely be able to find one that allowed her to practice in solitude on predictable ground. If more serious martial practice was in her mind, she could instead seek a different stage just a few minutes away from the theater, as fellow fae who practiced her arts congregated there at all hours of the day to spar and train. The knight would also have the option of catching up Abla in the baths. The baths consisted of a few of the smaller pools of water which had been specially chosen and enchanted to maintain cleanliness and a consistent temperature regardless of the weather. They weren't private, however, and if Lyra wanted to bathe in privacy she'd either need to take a chance at finding a secluded spot in the main body of water or fetch a bucket and find someplace private. She could also go for more substantial rest. Most of the faeries in the oasis slept under the stars, though a not-insignificant portion liked to keep a tent so they could store their belongings out of the harsh sun. The faeries who kept full huts for sleeping were the rarest, with most only using them as a place to craft and keep the desert environment from ruining their work pieces.

If Lyra had any other plans, she would also be free to pursue them.

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"Alright. I'll see you later, then." Lyra waved to Abla as she left, before collecting up the rest of her things. She was even a little disappointed that the blacksmith hadn't pushed a bit harder, but she let it go without comment. She'd figure out what she was going to with her armour later. For now, she needed to store some of these things away , and get some rest. She considered look into a bath herself, but she didn't want to run into Abla there just yet, so that was another consideration for later, maybe when it was a little emptier.

She felt a little awkward as she made her way to where a collection of tents were set up not too far from the edge of the oasis. The feeling of eyes on her wasn't uncomfortable, she usually liked being the centre of attention. Despite telling herself that what she was wearing now was still tame by the standards of most of the faeries here though, and that anyone who knew didn't know her well wouldn't even notice anything unusual, she couldn't help but feel a little anxious—and she wasn't happy to admit it, but a little excited too—about the idea of how many people could be watching her. She did her best to keep her eyes forward though, making a conscious effort not to look to see who might be around.

Eventually, upon reaching her own little place, she knelt down to begin sorting through what she'd collected, stashing anything she didn't need safely out of the harsh sun and inside the tent. Her armour could be left here for now, until she figured out what do do with it, along with most of what she'd been given by the villager woman and the enchanting supplies she'd harvested. Any food that wasn't preserved she left in the bag, intending to give it to someone who might actually be able to make use of it before it started to rot in the desert heat, along with the darksteel armour and weapons. She'd been intending to look for someone to trade them too on her way home, but she might be able to do something with them here. She knew that outsiders occasionally passed by the oasis, and she might be able to convince Kalila to sell the equipment to them. Despite the material being dangerous for anyone here to handle, it would be incredibly valuable to any mortal who could use it, and the blades and armour were of good craftsmanship, so she was sure she could work something out.

She'd been planning to get some rest, but she wasn't so exhausted that she needed to do that right away. She'd been planning to start walking home just before she'd been called back instead after all, and she'd just spent a few hours sitting around and waiting. With that in mind, the trip to Kalila's shop sounded like a good first stop. Leaving her armour behind And slinging the pack over her shoulder again, shield simply strapped to the back of it for the time being and the pair of swords, both Abla's and her own at her side, she set off towards the shop. Once she was done with this, perhaps she'd spend a few hours practising before finally turning in for a rest, but she'd figure that out once she was finished.

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Between a Lewd and a Lewder Place.

Whatever Lyra might have desired, the normally conservatively dressed knight would draw more than a few sets of eyes as she returned to her tent. Most of the faeries were content to admire her outfit and form in silence. Although, even as she tried to keep her eyes forward, Lyra would still catch a few satyrs looking her way, a nymph here and there, and even some of the other sidhe. There were some, however, who were happy to draw the knight's attention as they enjoyed her new look.

"A fine look on you, Miss Lyra!" A gruff named Isam called out toward her as she passed him. Despite the respectful nature of his comment, his eyes lingered on certain parts of her and gave away entirely too much of what he was doing to her mentally.

"Our little Lyra being so bold! Imagine our comrades' faces when I share the news! Are you dressing up for someone special? Do tell~" That quip came from a fellow knight called Hessa when Lyra passed her tent. And though the other sidhe woman had been busily sharpening her bronze sword, she still took the time to enjoy the sight of Lyra's passing.

"Finally giving less concealing clothing a try?" The last remark before she reached her tent came from one of a trio of scantily clad nymphs playing cards on the grass. The one speaking was known as Hawa, the other two were Basira and Inaya. "It's really freeing!"
"A feast for the eyes, too~" chimed in Basira.

Outside of those comments, a whistle which she hadn't been able to locate the source of, and whatever response she might have to all of it, Lyra would have no interruptions in returning to her own tent. Once there, she was able to freely stash her armor and the loot she didn't want to carry. Her choice would leave her much lighter for the trip to Kalila's shop, which was wise even for a member of the sidhe given some of the potential hazards along the way. After all, the much less hospitable desert laid only a few minutes outside of the oasis.

Fortunately, it would prove to be an uneventful trip, at least for a member of the fae. A mortal might've had a difficult time of the journey regardless, but for Lyra each step through the desert came as naturally as breathing. The scorching desert sun didn't faze her for a moment and neither did the heat which seemed to lay in the air atop the sand like a blanket, left undisturbed by the lack of any breeze. As one among the supernatural she barely required any water at all to stay hydrated for weeks at a time even in the hottest conditions. The scorpions, snakes, and other otherwise dangerous fauna which found their home in the dunes ignored Lyra, and even when her footfalls came perilously close they recognized her as an embodiment of nature and rightfully deferred to her. The terrain would prove no more challenging than any of the rest of it. A few minutes into her trip she crested a hill and then made a surefooted descent down the other side into a valley and followed itfor another quarter of an hour until it exited out into flatter land, which left her directly in front of the hut she was seeking.

Kalila's shop was larger than most buildings in the oasis proper, likely easily able to provide a place for two dozen faeries to rest their heads. It was a windowless rectangle constructed out of red sandstone with a thatched roof. The only way in or out was a single sturdy door with a bronze knob placed right in the center of one of the long walls. There wasn't anything in the way of decoration around the building, which made the parchment nailed to the door more noticeable.

No gruffs, satyrs, or male customers at all today!!!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

-K
The door was unlocked though, so Lyra was free to do as she pleased.

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Lyra was able to mostly ignore the looks she was getting at first as she walked through the oasis, almost managing to convince herself that it wasn't too different from the usual, that she was just being paranoid. That didn't hold up for long though, not when the comments started. The first to say something seemed remarkably respectful about his compliment, at least until she noticed how much he was staring. It was both a thrill and a discomfort, and she simply gave an awkward nod before moving on, trying to hide the blush beginning to paint her cheeks.

"It's just for a performance!" She was quick to correct Hessa, one of her fellow knights. Perhaps even suspiciously quick on the denial to the other faerie, despite it being the truth. She could only silently dread what sort of rumours were going to be going around by the time she got back, if Hessa wasn't joking about telling the others. "I was just going to get some practise in with it after I was done!"

Rushing to cover the rest of the distance, Lyra tried to ignore the group of nymphs who had their own comments for her, only pausing to unsuccessfully search for the one whistling at her, and quickly going about organizing her things in the relative privacy her tent offered once she reached it. She considered changing back into her armour—even damaged as it was—or into one of her other ordinary outfits, but finally decided to keep going like this. If she couldn't get comfortable just walking around in it, how was she ever going to perform in front of everyone wearing it?

Fortunately the trip out of the oasis was less stressful, and once she was safely away she finally let herself relax and enjoy the walk. A mortal might find such a trip difficult to enjoy, the desert harsh at the best of times, but to her it felt like nothing more than a pleasant stroll. Nothing disturbed her along the way, no changes in weather or dangerous creatures crossing her path, and before long she spotted the small sandstone building she recognized as Kalila's shop.

As she neared, she did notice one thing out of place, stopping to read the notice that had been posted on the door. She'd been half-expecting the shop to be closed, but the message she found was stranger. Banning male customers wasn't a common occurrence as far as she knew, even just for a day, but there were some ideas that came to mind about why that could be. She wasn't certain it was something she wanted to walk in on, either, though she didn't really want to make the tip back and forth again later either, and she wasn't a part of the group being banned. Before opening the door she simply pressed herself up against it for a few moments, ea to the wood, trying to pick up on any suspicious noises. Barring that, she would carefully pull the door open, peeking in with a hesitant "Hello?"

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Suddenly Found Her Manners About Barging In Uninvited

Rolls
Perception: 25

"Oh, really? I'll definitely have to let them know then. I'm sure they'll all want to see this~" Hessa replied to Lyra's refutations with a wide grin.

≈≈≈​

The knight's eavesdropping against the thick wooden door would offer her no audible clues to what was going on inside the shop. But when Lyra opened the door, all of her suspicions would likely be confirmed as she got her first whiff of the scent which had apparently been bottled up in the windowless building and stewing for however many hours. It was a combination between a sweeter smell almost reminiscent of lavender with a powerful undertone of musk that clung to the inside of her nostrils as it rushed past her into the fresh air. As the odor permeated her head it triggered a slideshow of some of the more debauched acts she'd caught her fellow spring fae in and urged the sidhe to give into her basest instincts. It wasn't by any means powerful enough to overwhelm Lyra's will, but it would prove a persistent distraction as long as she was in the midst of it.

And she would be in the midst of it as long as she was in the small building. Kalila ran a general purpose store and the entirety of the first floor held goods for sale. Shelves, sacks of trail rations, barrels of water, and a few weapon and armor racks lined the walls and were set along the floor creating aisles for interested shoppers to browse through. A mortal who came upon the faun's shop could find everything from armor to lesser pieces of faerie art among the selection and the proprietor was happy to sell to just about anyone. It was difficult to say what she did with her share of the coin since most of her stock consisted of goods being sold on consignment by some artisan or another in need of a rare material for their next work, but everyone knew that she'd raked in a hoard despite the isolated location.

The faun shopkeeper, the undeniable source of the powerful aroma, was standing behind the counter, located in front of the wall opposite the door, as Lyra entered. "Ohh, h-hi, lady Lyra," Kalila breathlessly greeted the knight. The faun's skin, normally a shade darker than the sandstone of the building she resided in, was tinged with pink, except for her knuckles which were white as she gripped the counter with all her might. Her waist-length white hair was as disheveled as the long red silk tunic she wore. She carried a dazed look on her heart-shaped face as her golden eyes scanned across the knight's chest and bare flesh and eventually settled on the sidhe's crotch, despite the lack of equipment which would offer a lasting cure for her condition, for a few long seconds before she shook herself out of it and met the warrior's gaze anew. "Sorry.... It's – ah! – it's a h-ah~ rough time for me today. I-is there anyone... thing you desire?"

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

it only took Lyra opening the door and taking one glance at the faun behind the counter to confirm her suspicions. If the powerful scent wasn't already a dead giveaway, seeing Kalila banished any doubt that was left. Unfortunately, having already stepped inside and spoken, Lyra couldn't simply turn around and avoid the awkward conversation that was certain to follow now. This wasn't the sort of problem she knew how solve.

The details of the shop itself were mostly ignored in favour of its owner, Lyra's mind racing as she tried to come up with something to say to break the tension that had formed almost instantly. She could certainly understand why the sign had been posted now, if nothing else.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I don't mean to bother you." She hesitantly spoke up, trying to ignore the very pointed stares she was getting from the faun. Perhaps it would be better to come back tomorrow instead, it wasn't as if the walk was particularly troublesome. She didn't think she'd have any luck trading the darksteel to anyone else, not unless she went all the way to one of the nearby mortal settlements herself. She wasn't in any particular hurry though, not after Abla had solved the travel problem she'd been planning to trade for materials for her own answer to. "I just returned, and had some things I'd hoped you could take a look at. But, um... Would you prefer if I stopped by tomorrow instead? I wouldn't want to cause you any more trouble..."

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Optimistic Enough to Believe There's a Polite Exit from this Situation

"Oh~! N-no. It's... fine. You're, nn, fine~" Kalila moaned in a response which didn't sound genuine at all. The faun's attempts to be convincing were likely unaided by the brief pause that followed. The faun's eyes went hazy and she bit her lower lip and swayed in place for several long moments before speaking up again. "This happens every few weeks. I can cope as long as everything male is far away. Just... don't grow anything. Please. And don't make me grow anything either! One of the nymphs did that once..." she shivered before settling her eyes on Lyra's crotch again.

"Sooo–oh! D-don't be shy! You've already come. Mm, show me what you've got," Kalila insisted, her eyes wandering across Lyra's body again and her cheeks a shade redder than they were a moment earlier.

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"If you're sure..." Lyra wasn't entirely convinced by Kalila's words, but it would be rude of her to simply leave now. Things were only getting more and more awkward, though, the faun's wandering eyes reminding her just how exposed she was compared to normal. "I... don't even know how to do that" She shook her head at Kalila's mention of a nymph making her grow something, trying very hard to clear her mind of the images that thought evoked.

"A-anyway, the most unique things are these. You, uh, probably shouldn't touch them. But I'm sure you know that." Lyra quickly changed the subject, looking down into her bag to hide the growing flush visible on her own paler skin, both from the pheromones in the air and her embarrassment at being stared at so intently in this outfit. Very carefully she pulled the breastplate from the bag, taking care not to touch any of the metal directly, and set it on the counter at arm's length from where the faun was standing before removing the makeshift wrapping. "I wasn't really sure what to do with this. Have a sword and a dagger too. Was up in Badaria, so I couldn't just leave them with the people there, but I can't really do anything with it myself. I know you get mortals in here, I thought it might be useful to one of them."

Lyra shifted awkwardly as she finished, trying to maintain eye contact when she could, but feeling more and more awkward every time she noticed the faun's eyes roaming. After a moment she knelt down to retrieve the blades as well, coming up with the gold pendant hanging off of the hilt of one as well. "Oh, right. I never did figure out what this does either."

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Can't Mentally Unsee the Faun Dick

The awkward situation wouldn't become any less so when the knight approached the counter. The faun stood a full head shorter than her, and as Lyra came closer to her she leaned in toward the sidhe until her upper body was at a forty-five degree angle with the counter. The faun's shortness and the position she took combined with the looseness of her tunic ended up giving the faerie woman quite an eyeful. Kalila was on the petite side, and when as the collar of her shirt gave in to gravity Lyra got a full view of two stiff brown peaks on the precipice of the goatkin's small, flushed breasts. She also caught a hint of the other woman's toned midsection. The faun didn't seem to even be aware of the show she was giving.

"Yes.... Those ought to sell pretty quickly~" she sighed contentedly, the noise not really matching what she was saying. "I can give you... Mmm.... Just shy of three-hundred coins for the sword and the armor. The dagger.... I can't really justify buying with the sword and the armor. Oh~" she paused again, her body quivering for several long moments she managed to speak next. "Mortals d–oh!–n't tend to be interested in darksteel backup weapons. If you'd, nn, like, I'd be happy to hold it for you. I'll pay you seventy-five percent when it, ah, sells. If you want it sold fast th–oh-ugh, you should handle it. The pend–ah!–nt, I'll have to have identified before I can make an offer. That would be a few days...." Kalila's breathing steadily became more ragged as she awaited the knight's response to her offers.

288 denarii for the darksteel sword and armor being offered.

An eventual 124 denarii offered for the dagger, at a later time.

Nothing on offer for the pendant yet

Last edited:

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Lyra nodded to Kalila's appraisal, quickly averting her eyes when she realized that the faun's current position gave an unimpeded view right down the inside of her tunic. While she could appreciate the view as much as any of her kin despite her own issues with exposing herself, this didn't seem like the best time to do so. She briefly considered mentioning it to the seemingly unaware faun, but this situation was already awkward enough as it was.

"That sounds good to me. I'm not in a hurry, so hold onto the dagger for as long as you need to." Lyra didn't try to barter, trusting Kalila to give her a fair deal. She looked at the amulet for a few more moments though, uncertain what to do with it. She might still be able to figure it out herself if she took the time, but she needed to practice too. "Just let me know what you what you find out about it. And be careful with it, it seems pretty safe, but it did belong to a demon, so you never know what it might do..."

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Scaredy-Cat that Won't Equip Strange Demonic Jewelry

"Okay~" the faun breathlessly agreed. After several long seconds spent standing and silently swaying in the nonexistence breeze, however, she continued. "If you're, ah, interested in keeping the pendant.... I'm sure Farah or one of the enchanters would identify it for you right away~ I just can't leave my shop very often. And especially not today.... But I don't mind either way~ It's no problem for a, mm, friend...." The faun bit her lip and her gaze dropped to the faerie's crotch for another long moment.

Regardless of what the faerie decided with the pendant, the faun would, after shaking herself out of her latest spell, produce the agreed upon gold for the sword and armor, and in turn allow Lyra to set all the goods she wanted to part with on the faun's counter. The sidhe would be free to say her farewells and leave afterward, if she liked, or discuss anything else she might wish to talk about with the faun.

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"Hm... You're right, maybe I should hold onto it for now, until I find out what it actually does." Lyra took the pendant back after a moment's consideration, giving it another appraising look before placing it back in her pack for the time being. It could still turn out to be something useful to her, or something she might be able to learn from. She was an amateur compared to the more accomplished enchanters here, and it was more a hobby than a focus for her, but she wouldn't pass up an opportunity to learn something new if it turned out to be something interesting. She again briefly considered putting it on to observe the effects herself, certain she'd be able to figure it out if she did, but the fact that it had belonged to a demon had so far tempered her curiosity. This wasn't the place for experimentation regardless.

"Everything else sounds good to me though." Lyra continued in her efforts to ignore the faun's wandering eyes as much as she could, trying to bring her business to a close as soon as she could. She had nothing at all against Kalila, but she was sure that as uncomfortable as this was for her, it was probably much worse for the faun, so finishing up quickly would probably be easiest for both of them. She'd been thinking about taking a look around, maybe doing some trading instead of just taking money, but she wasn't even certain what it was she'd look for. That could wait until another day, she'd need to come back if it turned out that the pendant wasn't useful to her regardless.

"I'm sorry to have, um... bothered you. Thank you for your help, but I should probably be getting back. I made something of a... perhaps ill-considered promise, and I have to get some practice in before I'm to perform." She made a vague motion at the clothes she was wearing despite the fact that Kalila had clearly already gotten an eyeful of them, though she didn't elaborate any further.

OP
Hafnium

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lyra: HP = 70, PP = 60, EP = 50, Status = Fine, Not Actually Getting Away That Easily

"Okay," the faun would remark, disappointment in her eyes as Lyra prepared to take her leave. "Good luck with your performance~ I'd ask for an invitation but I'll probably be too busy with my shop~" And with that, it seemed the knight would be allowed to escape the building and all its awkwardness. It was only for a moment though.

Only a few seconds after the knight turned to leave, the knight could hear the faun hop over her own store counter. "Wait," Kalila gasped in a low moan. Before the sidhe could even turn a small hand grabbed her shoulder with strength well beyond its size, though once it was clear that the faun had gotten her attention she would immediately release her grip on the warrior. Assuming Lyra turned to regard her, she would find a sight waiting for her that her more lewd-minded brethren would've surely referred to as an exquisite work of art.

It turned out that the tunic had been the only thing the blushing faun was wearing, and in Kalila's rush to stop Lyra from leaving the fabric had ridden up around her legs, just short of exposing her sex. The shopkeeper's shapely thighs and goat-like joints were on display. Black cloven hooves transitioned into flesh hidden by white silken fur that disappeared under the tunic. That same fur was soaked with wetness emanating from between her legs, and even as Lyra looked at her long, slimy strands of Kalila's excitement drooled onto the stony floor. And though the knight hadn't been able to spot it before for the counter, she could now see a vibrating egg-like bulge against the faun's most sensitive place, aiding in the mess being made.

"This.... This is mostly my heat talking," she started, squirming and alternating between staring at the knight and staring at a wall to the side. Lyra could almost see the gears turning in the shopkeeper's head as the faun tried to figure out how best to proposition her. "Not that you're not sexy or anything! Your clothes look really nice on you...." she added suddenly, as the nature of her initial remark dawned on her. "It's just, if I wasn't in heat.... I can't scratch this itch. No matter what I do. And since you came in it's become even more unbearable. I think it's because you're highborn. I know that you can give me what I need~"

The faun closed the distance, pressing into Lyra and grabbing her forearms unless she pulled away. The intimate contact meant that the knight could feel the faun's warmth, practically taste her musk, and feel the vibrations through her tunic. "Please. Give me a hand. I don't have any infertility potions left and I don't want to get pregnant, but you can pull out or something. I'll make up for it! You can cum in my mouth, or on my body, or if you don't like being on top I'll satisfy you some other way," she practically begged, only inches away from Lyra's own mouth. "I've got toys and everything~ I'll make sure you're really relaxed for your practice~"

Last edited:

Astarte

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

"Ah, well, if you can make it you're more than welcome." Lyra replied, both not wanting too many people to watch, and relishing the attention she seemed to be getting, embarrassing as it was. She collected up what she was keeping into her now much lighter bag, along with the money for what Kalila had been willing to pay up front for, making ready to leave when she heard the faun hopping over the counter. Turning to see what she wanted, Lyra was left speechless for a moment by what she saw. It seemed that the tunic had in fact been the only thing she was wearing, and Lyra's eyes were drawn down to the slight bulge that could only be something she'd been using to stimulate herself this entire time.

Lyra opened her mouth to speak only to find herself at a loss for any words to say. What was she supposed to do in this situation? Apologize for underestimating how much of an effect she'd apparently had on the shopkeeper? She truly hadn't realized it had been this bad, but somehow such an apology just seemed to fall flat in this situation. She barely registered as the faun stepped towards her again until the hands gripping her own forearms broke her out of her racing thoughts.

"I... I don't know if I can." Lyra stuttered, a hint of panic in her voice as Kalila pressed against her. She knew what the faun was referring to of course, knew that she had the ability to do so as sure as any of the other sidhe, but she'd never actually had reason to try. She never brought it up in conversation, generally keeping silent on the subject if pressed, but she'd never even had sex before, practically unheard of for a faerie, even one as relatively young as her. It wasn't that she hadn't had an opportunity, she knew plenty of others in the oasis who certainly wouldn't turn her down. She'd always been so awkward with any sort of intimacy, especially the idea of exposing herself in front of anyone, that she'd simply distanced herself from it entirely. It had felt so much easier, so much simpler to just throw herself entirely into her training, to let everyone else just think she was being secretive about her experiences.

"The uh, the truth is... I've never actually done this before!" She finally blurted out after a little more awkward stuttering, her cheeks flushed nearly as red as her hair. She couldn't think of anything else to say, no convenient excuse to slip away and leave the faun to her troubles. She did feel a little guilty in her own contribution to Kalila's problem but she simply couldn't imagine doing what she was being asked to. It was too much too quickly, and she didn't know how to respond to it. Of course she'd seen plenty around the oasis, others being far more open about it than her, but she'd never taken the time to think about how to act at a time like this.