What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

Eskella

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Project X - CHRISTMAS UPDATE v3.3

great now you got me really wanting to see that happen...

just imagining what kind of crowd would be freaking drawn to an actual competitive hentai gaming competition and what would actually be the competitive hentai game
Fairy Fighting.

zetar02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm... honestly, i dont see Fairy Fighting to be a really competitive hentai game, dont missunderstand me, i love elukus work, big and well done sprites, good animations, lots of rapes, but is not something i havent seen around, a lot of talented people do that and you can find it in mugen, but is hard to find a 'competitive' game with a good gameplay and not just with cg images.

But now i really want to ask to the people who enjoy the hentai games, you actually enjoy the game play? usually people here will say YES quickly, but... thats really true?
When Eluku releases an update, you play all the game and keep playing? or you just go to see the new animations for the fap and close the game until the next update? Is something i want to know.
And about Project X? you just wait for the new things or sometimes do you like to play?

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmmm... honestly, i dont see Fairy Fighting to be a really competitive hentai game, dont missunderstand me, i love elukus work, big and well done sprites, good animations, lots of rapes, but is not something i havent seen around, a lot of talented people do that and you can find it in mugen, but is hard to find a 'competitive' game with a good gameplay and not just with cg images.

But now i really want to ask to the people who enjoy the hentai games, you actually enjoy the game play? usually people here will say YES quickly, but... thats really true?
When Eluku releases an update, you play all the game and keep playing? or you just go to see the new animations for the fap and close the game until the next update? Is something i want to know.
And about Project X? you just wait for the new things or sometimes do you like to play?
I find it an odd mix at times, take for example Violated Heroine. At first I played that for the hentai only, but then one day I decided on a whim to play it with no debug etc and with a goal in mind to get as far as I can in 2 hours, I was surprised to find the game actually has a really good story! So in some cases I'll go back to it and do the same again and maybe play it for a week or so, at times even skipping the H-scenes just for the game. I also find myself doing the same with a lot of games, take ProjectX as another example, it's a really solid fighter and sometimes I'll play it just for the sake of fighting, I can't really do that with fairy fighting because while it's a FANTASTIC H-Game, it's not a great Game simply because it's SO unbalanced.

That being said there are also other games that I just play for the sake of the hentai

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

the reason to play an H-game is for the interactivity, not necessarily for the gameplay, there are plenty of games out there without an H focus which are simply more fun to play.

The reason i play games like fairy fighting and project x is because of the H content, i enjoy seeing things i havent seen before introduced in new and interesting ways.

Eluku is in a league of his own when it comes to H content, he is willing to take his game in directions few people would, his hentai is brutal and creative. project x is a fun game, and the large amount of sprites is worth exploring, as is the scenario in which everything is out there to grab and rape you.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I must be the ONLY person here who isn't crazy about fairy fighting, but I'm not, some of the stuff in that game is just not my style.

Project X I like because it reminds me of Final Fight.

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I play Project X just to play, but there isn't going to be much to do until more stages are added.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I must be the ONLY person here who isn't crazy about fairy fighting, but I'm not, some of the stuff in that game is just not my style.

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I play Project X just to play, but there isn't going to be much to do until more stages are added.
I'll be the first to admit there's a lot in FF that I don't like but the things I do like are done very well

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Fairy Fighting is really hardcore, i can understand how some of the more brutal fetishes wouldn't be liked, but for the most part, Eluku always finds a new way to impress me with his content and thats why i keep coming back.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Honestly I play Project X for both. It's easy to find sprited fighting games still which is why I'll play Fairy Fighting for the hentai. But arcade style sidecrollers like PX are sorta rare so I play that until I beat the update with each character at least twice. Then play around with Arena mode for a bit and after that I go back to it when horny or bored until we get the next update and the cycle repeats. Honsestly if there were more stages or I could get a friend to play this game with me I'd play it a lot more :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Aside from a recent update, the structure of the game doesn't change all that much, so it's hard to say we go into each new update to enjoy the mechanics, but the mechanics are solid enough that they keep the game enjoyable, even if the fetish material isn't.

grimskull

Demon Girl
Reputation score

love to play Project X. I usually play the current versions on a semi-regular basis until an update is released. The H-content is great and fun just plain fun. I can't tell you how many times I died trying to find the emerald in the second stage by jumping in the pits until I found out by accident that it was in a tree I had to hit. I'm always trying to beat my best score. Its always been one of my favorites and it just keeps getting better.

ElLurker

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

My thoughts exactly

Novus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I normally lurk here, but I find this to be a very good question that I feel obligated to respond to.
In normal situations, yes, when I open a new hentai game, I'm not looking for a fun or exciting game, I'm just looking for animations.
However when a game goes above and beyond with it's gameplay or story or something intriguing, then the game becomes not only a hentai game, but a very fun game to play, I have a tendency to go back to that game and replay it for plot, fun, or otherwise.
Good examples of games that went above and beyond include MGQ, Kurovadis, and Vorpal Rabbit.
I've downloaded Vorpal Rabbit 5 times already because I find myself always coming back to it.

Sithri

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

yeah there are indeed hentai games that just require attention to gameplay and it just ends up being fun

monster girl quest is so remarkably awesome

not only does it satisfy in the hentai department and the story, the gameplay is awesome too

and the guy goes the extra mile to have the monsters have sexual skills they do in fights that influence how you lose giving the game a lot more replayability than usual hentai games where you just go in, see content, fap, and run off to the next generic game

in my opinion, there needs to be more games that incorporate sex into the gameplay itself instead of just being a reward for winning (or losing)

further discussion of this is proooobably off topic though

brachna

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

zetar02:
FairyFighting becomes really hard sometimes. Great game that actually made me register on this forum.
MUGEN is a very different beast. Building compatible collection of characters is quite a pain. It can't have same level of completeness unique H-game has.
Yes, I really enjoy gameplay in hentai games if it's good. And it's good in FairyFighting and Project X.

I don't think that one can say something good or bad about game's gameplay judging by how many times he blazed through entire game every time a new update is released. FairyFighting updates are released mostly every week and contain little changes here and there, while Project X releases are much more rare, but contain a lot of changes to explore.
Honestly, I think Project X has better update cycle than FairyFighting. If Project X was updating every week and had small changes then I wouldn't play it every time new release is out, but that doesn't mean I don't like it's gameplay.

As for your last question - I do both, just like with several other H-games I'm following.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

yeah there are indeed hentai games that just require attention to gameplay and it just ends up being fun

monster girl quest is so remarkably awesome

not only does it satisfy in the hentai department and the story, the gameplay is awesome too

and the guy goes the extra mile to have the monsters have sexual skills they do in fights that influence how you lose giving the game a lot more replayability than usual hentai games where you just go in, see content, fap, and run off to the next generic game

in my opinion, there needs to be more games that incorporate sex into the gameplay itself instead of just being a reward for winning (or losing)

further discussion of this is proooobably off topic though

Fuckken agreed.

Hence why I like the Cherry Point games so much.

Hentai Finder

Lurker
Reputation score

I enjoy the game play to the hentai games I continuously play. I will give most games a chance for their game play, but if I can't beat certain parts (usually due to the difficultly or bad game mechanics), I won't continue to play the game.

When it comes to Project X, I continue to play the game. I will admit, I would like to see more levels and enemies (the "evil character storyline" counts) rather than more playable characters, at least until the storyline is completed. I think that if more storyline and levels were added, I would probably play the game more frequently.

One thing I would like to see available for viewing in the next update would be the loading screens. I'm not sure if others have this same issue, but my computer loads the game so fast that I am unable to enjoy the pictures (they do appear that a good amount of time were put into them too).

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't want to insult the team, and I know that if there are going to be 8 levels, the first two aren't supposed to really be hard, but the game needs a little more difficulty. I feel myself being forced to beat up simple enemies and sometimes that gets a little boring. Difficulty doesn't mean more healthy for enemies, that just makes them more tedious. I'm talking about interesting attacks for the enemies, other than just touching you to rape you.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@zetar02

I started playing ProjectX solely for fapping material. And that's all it was for a couple of (amazing) days. After I got past all of that I realized how fun the game was to actually play. I don't normally enjoy platformers at all, maybe because they're frustrating and I can't get into them enough to actually start enjoying them. But for ProjectX it was perfect - I had already put in so many hours enjoying the hentai aspect of it that I had the skills to play the game itself and actually enjoy it. It is a really enjoyable game.

Unfortunately I only play it now whenever there's new H-content. And the reason why is because I've played through the same two levels so many times they're boring. The game needs more content to become enjoyable to play again. And I'm not talking about new modes or characters. I'm talking about new levels and enemies. Other people may hate me for saying this, but even if you were to add new levels and enemies without any H-animations the game would be more enjoyable to play.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy playing through again with a new character. But that's the problem - it ends there. One playthrough and that's all. When you add a new stage though... it's MANY playthroughs with ALL of the characters (just brought back fond memories of when Stage 2 was released).

Regardless, keep up the good fight. Thank you for all of your and your teams work.

OP
aika

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I played both games obsessively for about 2 weeks each until they were no longer challenging (except some combinations of the evil versions of the characters which I found just impossible).

FairyFighting has made me come back and play it through a few more times than Project X has, I'm not sure why. I think the depth of the combat and skill required is a bit greater.

Also, with FairyFighting when you lose, you don't feel as shit because of the awesome game over sequences, which Project X doesn't have yet.

Every now and then I see if I can still get all the way through Fairy Fighting without dying since there have been a few updates, but since Project X gets updated less frequently there's less motivation for me to play it through again.

imabaka

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Would it be possible to get a save unlocking all the levels?